Pyrotechnics

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Pyrotechnics
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #0
After reading the grill topic, I had some memories of past incidents. Has anyone else here had a fascination with fire? I've had the fire department in my town's nearby forest numerous time, though never getting caught.

--------------------
I am an idiot.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by Yours Sincerely, The Boogyman.:

Has anyone else here had a fascination with fire?
Well, one time I stare in front of a big fire more than one hour. It was ipnotic.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #2
I have started neumerous fires, mostly on camping trips. In a firepit.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #3
When I was a kid, my parents hd to hide the matches because I was always setting things on fire. Even now, fire fascinates me.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
Shouldn't the topic title be pyromania?

---

I like candles, and that's about all. I play an RP character who's a pyromanic pyromancer though - Eferas.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #5
I can look at fires for the rest of my life, tuning everything else out. To put it simply, I'm a pyromaniac. Runs in the family, my grandpa once lit a fire as big as a barn and didn't call the fire department.

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
I hope said fire was not in a barn. :P

On another note, your name reminds me of Beowulf.

quote:

ofer hron-rade hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan: þæt wæs god cyning!

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #7
My most recent project into this, excluding the arguably functional work on the charcoal starter, was candlemaking. It was a rousing success, though I have not had a chance to light the large one proper; that is mainly because I am worried about whether it still qualifies as a candle under the law.

How petroleum candles work is fascinating as long as you have an appreciation for the chemistry of the whole thing. Also, petroleum jelly is a great alternative to wax if you find that high quality products of the latter are too expensive.

[ Monday, July 24, 2006 21:47: Message edited by: Garrison ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #8
I like fire. I like it's warmth, the pop and crackle, the dance of the plasma, and most of it's smells. Four out of five senses agree, fire can be a plesant thing.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #9
I love fire. Fortunately, my parents don't hide the matches. I save old school projects that I didn't enjoy doing and set them on fire.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Warrior
Member # 7223
Profile Homepage #10
BURN! BURN! BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though, I like burning stuff. It's fun to throw firecrackers into a box, and watch it burn. Or the classic "hold plastic soldier under flame". I do that all the time.

--------------------
Polaris

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
- H.P. Lovecraft
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #11
Fire's kind of fun, I guess, but I wouldn't call myself a pyromaniac. I tend to hate needless destruction, so I've never liked melting plastic soldiers or whatever, but I love building a fire and keeping it going.

Five out of the five senses, Gizmo - sparks from a woodfire are actually kind of pleasant-tasting.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #12
I once burned my plastic trash can. It was unintentional, actually. I didn't expect it to start melting, but then again, I was just a kid. I had some papers and I figured it'd be really fun to burn them. So I put them in my trashcan. To avoid most smoke I put the can outside my window (there was a large enough ledge there) and lit up a fire. I did get scolded pretty badly about that.

My father also confiscated my house keys after setting up fire in the oven there. But that particular oven is meant for it! I think I just forgot to open the .. thingie, you know, for the smoke? I don't even remember what it's called in Finnish, sorry. :\

But since then, I don't find it particularly exciting. I could light up, well, maybe 15 or so different candles I have, but frankly the possibility of a fire hazard just takes away all the fun. Hmh.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #13
Did you know that Yu-Gi-Oh cards burn purple?

[ Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:52: Message edited by: Little Billy Sue ]

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #14
I suppose I'm fascinated with fire. I particularily enjoy playing with candles and campfires, but nothing ever really large or dangerous.

Dikiyoba doesn't like fire on beaches, however, ever since Dikiyoba stepped directly into a pile of hot coals that someone had thrown just enough sand on top of to disguise it.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #15
Go got bored and had a massive fireworks war a while back. Long story short after people getting reasonable decent burns and bruises and a rubbish bin catching fire the police turned up. Trying to flee down a beach while drunk and in the pitch black is way harder than it first seemed.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Little Billy Sue:

Did you know that Yu-Gi-Oh cards burn purple?
I've got some cards I'd be willing to dispose of.

And I've always kept myself from setting things on fire (usually with video games or reading non-burning books). Even just thinking about burning things requires me to keep myself from laughing maniacally.

But, if I ever end up as an outlaw anyway, things WILL burn.

[ Sunday, July 23, 2006 22:27: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest. ]

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #17
I love fire. I'm constantly burning stuff with the school bunsen burners. ^_^

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r: