I'm a Runescape freak how about you?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I'm a Runescape freak how about you?
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #0
i have been playing runescape recently and i'm enjoying it immensly. I was curious to know who else has or still plays runescape.

P.S: I still suck at topic makings and spellling. :)

--------------------
I hate you all
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #1
I've tried Runescape but it lost my attention very quickly. I recommend different RPGs such as Neverwind Nights, Oblivion, Gladius, and Morrowwind.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #2
you've got to give it time. It sucks at first but once you get stronger it gets better. when i started i was hitting 1s and 2s now i hit up to 13s.

--------------------
I hate you all
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #3
Runescape is retarded and if you play it you should be deeply ashamed of yourself.
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #4
I hardly see the concept of an online game to be mentaly idiotic plausable. Why do you hate it so much anyway?

--------------------
I hate you all
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Relax, Bomber. You don't need to have every other post in the topic. It's not a problem yet, but it can become an issue.

Originally by Bomber:

quote:
...spellling.
Very appropriate spot for a misspelling. No offense meant. :P

Dikiyoba doesn't play Runescape or any other online games. Well, maybe a few free, short online games now and then, but they're generally terrible. Dikiyoba would rather play offline games, since Internet connection is sometimes difficult to come by at Dikiyoba's house.

Edit: Typo.

[ Friday, July 21, 2006 17:07: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #6
The "spelling" part was deliberate of course.
But Runescape is the only online game worthy of my notice the rest i have not or never will try.

--------------------
I hate you all
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #7
Right... we already had a thread about this.

Runescape is a poor man's World of Warcraft. That said, I own neither... both are best suited to those who don't care a whole lot about their social lives.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #8
This topic should be of interest for you.

Personally, I not only couldn't get into Runescape, I didn't even want to. After about two weeks of play, all the time hoping I'd have a turning point where I suddenly enjoyed it, I realized that the plot got nowhere and the combat was boring, and my actual epiphany was,"Who cares?"

My friend in school was addicted, and even he quit at level 43 or so and started telling people it was boring. I don't doubt you'll experience the same deal.

EDIT: I wish we hadn't posted simultaneously, I was hoping to see if Bomber really would get every other post. And wow, we posted basically the same things.

[ Friday, July 21, 2006 17:54: Message edited by: Shard of Fire* ]

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #9
I played a little of Runescape once but I left it...
Although it has a lot of nice things, like cooking, I didn't like it. Maybe someone remember here that I was killed by a Lv.2 Man, that is like being killed by a townfolk in exile...and you have to pay if you want to eat something different that bread, and if you want to go a little further than 100m from the castle and such...and it runs terribly slow for me, not for the engine but the lag, terrible lag.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #10
I used to play Runescape. Then I quit. Then someone else recommended another MMORPG to me. It was KalOnline. The graphics are in actual 3D. Half the people are South Korean, so you don't have to deal with the English-speaking people being unable to communicate in their own language. And while the combat is boring, it's still even more engaging than Runescape's.

The best part is, the game is pretty much free. They make their money by selling items which are targeted at hardcore gamers. It's not limited until you pay, unlike Runescape. Oh, and there's maps and a quest log too.

The only real drag is how long it takes to start up and exit the program.

[ Friday, July 21, 2006 18:05: Message edited by: 1984 ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by 1984:

Half the people are South Korean, so you don't have to deal with the English-speaking people being unable to communicate in their own language.
HA!!
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #12
I wasted an hour of my life playing runescape. If being harased by 8-yearolds who think that they are better than you is your idea of fun, then be my guest.
But I must say, it was exciting to reach level 3 firestarting. Oohh, now I can start fires with this kind of wood. :rolleyes:

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #13
Runescape sucks. "LOLWTFBBQNOOB!" is essentially all people say.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
If I wanted to have fun with MMORPGs, I could go with all kinds of choices that aren't Runescape. There are the favorites like World of Warcraft and Everquest and I'm not sure what else now. But those aren't free. Games like Shadowbane and Anarchy Online are, though, or you could go with the smaller setups like Dofus, Graal, or many others. And there are always those MUDs that keep out the riff-raff by avoiding pretty graphics.

quote:
Originally written by Bomber:

the rest i have not or never will try.
This is what is wrong with the world.

—Alorael, who has never had much interest in Runescape. He has no intense loathing for it mostly because he has spent only five minutes on it before going back to something else.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
I keep planning to come back for some more punishment of my taste buds, but somehow I keep putting it off, which is very fortunate.

Most memorable quote:

quote:

- giv me ur mith scimmy
- No.
- well then ur gai

This guy followed me around for over ten minutes (there's actually an option you can set to follow another character automatically). I shoud have dragged him deep into the "wilderness" (PK area) and either cut him apart or just leave him stranded there for someone else. Didn't look like he'd find his way back.

Instead I just used my limited knowledge of Moron and told him to "lol stfu u stupid noob" and went offline.

[ Friday, July 21, 2006 22:31: Message edited by: Drow ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #16
I played it for about three months. Then I quit. not just because I thought the game sucked (Okay, i admit it, it sucks), but mostly because of reasons that are not your business. lets just say that I discovered that there's more to the world.

Apart from that, the community is simply outrageselously stupid, for reasons portrayed in the previous post. And this was my second reason to quit. The third reason was that it got simply immensely boring.

And to be honest, the non-member world is very dull in comparison to the member world, or so I hear. Its just that I don't want to pay to be a member. I'd much rather buy a game for 50 euros which i can play whenenver I want, and forever, then a game which per year will cost me the same price, but will be only available for a year.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #17
I used to play Runescape. I grew tired of grinding quickly, and took to running around in the wilderness like a scared puppy. I quit soon after. Combat was very, very boring. Grinding more so. And the swarms of idiots who continually offered to trim my armor were just annoying.

ROSE Online is a good alternative game. Prettier and largely free.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #18
AAAarrrggg! Noooo!

I'm an idiot, I'm a moron, I actually like this game. Most likely for all the complete strangers that ask me if I have a bf when I'm wearing my princess dress. I like to have fun with it. For example...

quote:
-- ur hot
- maybe
-- wat u mean
- how do you know
- i could be a guy
-- are you
- maybe
-- that's gross ur gai
- that too
- so where u live
--*starts walking other direction*
- *starts following* hey wait ur cute
--*starts running*
But it's soooo time consuming. I convinced myself not to go back after being weaned at camp. I can feel the itch to go back. This thread is waving it in front of my recovering addict nose.

Curses...

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #19
Well, if you have the patience and skill to pull stunts like that, then I can see why you enjoy the game.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
hey wait ur cute
Read it in a high-pitched, chittering voice. :P

Edit: That, or go for your pencil.

[ Saturday, July 22, 2006 06:11: Message edited by: Drow ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #21
I just realized that I've heard Arancaytar's memorable quote play out in real life.

Person 1: "Hey, gimme your lunch."
Person 2: "No. It's mine."
Person 1: "You're gay."
A short pause.
Person 1: "C'mon, just gimme your lunch."

Dikiyoba.

[ Saturday, July 22, 2006 06:34: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Well, if you have the patience and skill to pull stunts like that, then I can see why you enjoy the game.

Dikiyoba.

And the opportunity presents itself so often. I like to try to educate about the fallicies of making assumptions about people you've never met. It can be quite funny. That and I like repetative, goal-oriented tasks. I wanna smith rune...

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #23
There was this one time that I killed a chicken that another player wanted, and he kept trying to flip me off through messaging, but somehow it was censored no matter what spelling of the word he used. It pretty much looked like:

quote:

-**** u
-*** u
-***** u
-grr faeuulk u

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #24
Ah, runescape. The most joyless form of entertainment yet devised. Alas, I have felt the scourge of it's addiction, the mind numbing need to continually mine coal and iron, shoot arrows into chickens and deforest acres of pristine forest.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------

Pages