I'm a Runescape freak how about you?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I'm a Runescape freak how about you?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #50
Also, it's important to look out for opportunities. Single-mindedness might eventually get your mining level to 60, but if you look around, pick up what's lying on the ground, and watch what people are buying, you can make a lot of gold in a reasonable time. It's also less boring than grinding by far!

For example:

I bag all talismans (and chef's hats) I find. While practically worthless, they sell for however much the player who wants one considers "loose change" - between 10 gp and 500 gp. I sold my green cape for 1000 gp - it cost 30 gp to make. Someone sold a bulk of 200 amulets of magic to a shop, which cost 270 gp each to buy up. I got 150 of them, and am now selling them for prices ranging at 600-1800 gp. ;)

[ Friday, July 28, 2006 16:42: Message edited by: Drow ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #51
So, uh.. my playing is slowing down again, but I've been thinking. Aran, since you don't seem to have a horrible problem with merchanting unlike me, and since I have bunch of valuable stuff I'm not interested to keep, how about we get together on that? I'll provide you the items, you sell'em and we split the profits?

We could be looking at some tens of thousands, tops, here. Well, maybe just thousands.. but still. :)

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #52
OH MY GOD SPIDERWEB ROMANCE
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #53
quote:
Originally written by The Worst Man Ever:

OH MY GOD SPIDERWEB ROMANCE
On Runescape, no less... this is a little depressing.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #54
Oh. And here I thought I would have to have that little talk with him, not with... everyone else.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #55
Uh, selling items on Runescape, romantic? Some people here should call Dr. Freud... your starved libidos may be sending you strange signals. :P

Well, yes. I'll be there at some time between 17:00 and 2:00 on most days (afaik, the time zone is currently the same due to Daylight Savings Time), so chances are good you'll catch me online soon.

[ Tuesday, August 01, 2006 12:29: Message edited by: Drow ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #56
To anyone who wants to try and convince me that RS is worth my time, these are from back when I actually used to play. I was just messing about one day and..

IMAGE(http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9407/selling3cq.th.jpg)
IMAGE(http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6602/omgwtfbbq7el.th.jpg)

Compare what I said in the first, with the third line down in the second. It's enough to make anyone want to try and find a way to kill themself in that game.

Personally, I'm just sticking to stuff like WoS, GB and GunZ in my free time, which isn't really plentiful these days.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #57
I play when depressed.

My girlfriend self-harms. I play runescape. I haven't quite figured out which is worse yet. They're both that bad.

[ Tuesday, August 01, 2006 13:26: Message edited by: Archmagus Micael ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #58
Well of Souls isn't that much better however - minus losing items when killed (but plus loading *some* experience) and minus the player-to-player trading system that is half the fun of Runescape. Oh, and of course it can't be omitted that the player community is about twice as mature on average (at least on the servers I used to play in). Plus the possibility of hosting your own server and creating your own world.

Tied. At least WoS doesn't cripple the game for free accounts.

--

Unless by WoS you meant another game than Well of Souls, in which case just ignore this and my bad taste in MMORPGs. :P

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #59
Well of Souls is a lot of fun, but it's been far too long since I played it to get into it again.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #60
quote:
Originally written by Drow:

Uh, selling items on Runescape, romantic? Some people here should call Dr. Freud... your starved libidos may be sending you strange signals. :P
This is hot stuff. Now offer to cut her gems.

And once, I was mining and these three high-level people came along. There was one girl and two guys. One of the guys tried to "trade" the girl away for 5000 gold, and she kept on saying that she would kill him if he didn't stop while arguing that she was worth far more. Then the third one started hitting on the girl.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #61
Only 5000? I'd have matched that--- uh... I didn't really say that, right?

On the "This is how you know you've played too much RS" list: You consider "Let me cut your gems." to be an awesome pick-up line.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #62
Cognizance of a certain euphemism in the English language can actually make that line rather more sinister and unpleasant.

—Alorael, who just excised a post by TM. It may have altered his perceptions for a while. Carry on.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6395
Profile Homepage #63
I've played it for 4 years, just now quit. Its boring after you become a member... Now i just stick to talking to people I know and offline games, like Avernum for example :D

--------------------
Bandit: Hey Bob, why aren't we running after them?

Archer Bob: Cuz if dose n00bz run dey got no gud ****.

Bandit:oh

Bob: And that isn't a cave, its a dragon...

Pages