Your musical tastes

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Your musical tastes
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by The Worst Man Ever:

I LIKE LISTEN MUSIC
*_* Strange. Reading this post I feel an urgency to caress Alec's self and say: "Good cat, fine cat."

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #26
Very little metal and rock, Korn, System Of A Down, P.O.D., Metallica and Wolfmother. Apart from that all rap/hip hop/RnB.

Edit-I forgot Linkin Park.

[ Saturday, April 29, 2006 22:33: Message edited by: Cairo Jim ]

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #27
quote:
Originally written by Snafta a.k.a. no chicken for sale:

I don't know about death metal though, but grindcore metal seems to contain a lot of swearing.
In order of brutality, these fall under the genre death metal:
Goregrind > grindcore > brutal death metal > death metal > melodic death metal > gothenburg sound (> metalcore (ranging into nu metalness here)).

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #28
I prefer music that was written before I was born. I am a big Beatles fan. Other groups/artists I enjoy are Aerosmith, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Elton John, Simon and Garfunkle, The Who, and many more.
I also enjoy Jazz and Classical. My favorite classical music is not strictly Classical, but rather Romantic, I'm a big fan of Saint-Saens. Other classical commposers I enjoy include Faure (I LOVE his Elegie for Cello and Piano), Bach, and Squire.
Other music I enjoy includes anything by Yoko Kanno (The composer for the anime Cowboy Bebop) and John Williams.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #29
Tuvan throat singing.

and Madonna. Her bubble-gum pop from my high school days was kickass. Good times, good times.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #30
Strangely enough, Pop such as, well anything playing a lot on Much music, and at the other end Hardcore Rap such as the Dayton Family and M.O.P. and Turf Talk. I really don't like any rock music, it just seems to bore me. Yes I have a few of Britney Spears CDs, but they are hiding from my M.O.P. CDs, for their own protection. :)

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #31
I mainly listen to classical music. Dvorak, Tshaikowsky, Shostakovich... Give me a Slavian (and sometimes German/Austrian) componist and I'll like it.

And Apocalyptica. I remain stunned that they can play these pop songs on electrical cellos.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

Strangely enough, Pop such as, well anything playing a lot on Much music, and at the other end Hardcore Rap such as the Dayton Family and M.O.P. and Turf Talk. :)
Are these M.O.P. Cds done before or after been singed on with G-Unit? I haven't seen any albulms in store ever...

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #33
quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Do-er of Stuff:

Thralni: "Thrash" with an "h", not "trash".
It's Snafta, with an "S" :P

Anyway, sorry for the typos. I'll try to think of it next time.

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #34
I like a lil bit of every type of music. However, surrounded by my family I must prefer spanish music. So I love salsa, merengue, bachata, and of course my fav: Reggaeton. Although it is also acceptable to dance it as Perreo :P

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

And Apocalyptica. I remain stunned that they can play these pop songs on electrical cellos.
Pop? Are you trying to make me hurt you?

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Apprentice
Member # 3438
Profile #36
Im a fairly big Jethro Tull fan. I also like some British folk. I have really ecclectic tastes though. Richard Wagner is by far my favorite orchestral/operatic composer, though I like Verdi alot too. I also like country, especially 70's and 80's pop country like Alabama.

[ Sunday, April 30, 2006 07:05: Message edited by: Grignard ]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

quote:

Do you know what they play? because I don't. I have zero understanding of music other than classical music, so don't kill me for making these mistakes, please.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #38
quote:

quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

quote:

Do you know what they play? because I don't. I have zero understanding of music other than classical music, so don't kill me for making these mistakes, please.

Call me crazy, but given that their first album's name is Plays Metallica by Four Cellos sorta impies that they play metal.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #39
Ah! But then you first have to know what style of Music Metallica plays! And no, for some people its not obvious that "metal" is in the name of the band itself (metal-lica).

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #40
Almost all I've been listening to lately is The Strokes and Weezer, and I reckon that's becaust it's all my mind can handle right now on account of it being the middle of finals. Yay rhythm guitar! :)
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #41
Trance Kuja, baby.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #42
I have wide tastes, with my favourite songs tending towards the heavier end of the spectrum. Electro Pop Metal is way cool.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #43
One question:What do you guys see in classical?

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #44
IMAGE(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b5/KefkaCGI.jpg)
IMAGE(http://image.lik-sang.com/images/large/fig-ff-vii-kotobuki-sephiroth-aug05.jpg)
IMAGE(http://www.ffcompendium.com/chara/8ultimecia-b.jpg)
IMAGE(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6a/Kuja.JPG)
IMAGE(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7f/Yu_Yevon.jpg)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #45
With the exception of rap and recent country, I like pretty much everything. My favorite sub-genre would probably be Celtic punk. That would be bands like Flogging Molly, Black 47, and Dropkick Murphys.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #46
quote:
One question:What do you guys see in classical?
Ummm, where should I begin. Classical music contains variety which far surpasses the variety in modern music. From dainty baroque minuets to modern movie scores, classical encompasses just about any sound you can imagine. People who find classical music boring have usually not listened to much classical music. You can't make any blanket statements about classical. So I ask you, hy don't you like classical. It's quite possible that your problems with classical music are actually a misconception of the genre.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #47
Far more variety than gangster rap to pure industrial noise to death metal? (For the sake of argument, since I only count one of those genres as real music.)

And I do like classical but it just is not agressive enough for me, the slow parts are boring and the fast parts end quickly. Many black metal bands, however, uses classical scores in their music which is offset by blast beats, heavily distorted guitars and throat-wrenching vocals.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #48
What do you see in not-classical?

—Alorael, who finds questions about taste absurd most of the time. He likes Telemann, Mozart, Dvorak, and Tallis because he likes them.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #49
quote:
Originally written by Butt Paladin:

WHY WON'T BOYS GO HOME WITH ME EVEN IF I MAKE IT CLEAR I WILL PUT OUT
FYT

I like listen music. It's as simple as that. No real preferences.

I have a few favorites, and a few un-favorites, but those are not genre-based. Just musical.

Pages