Stereotypically Yours

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Stereotypically Yours
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #0
DID YOU KNOW? Alec is a tender-hearted fellow capable of giving unusually lucid and helpful counsel to people in need; Thuryl is a cold-blooded philosophical opponent of human life; TM gets along surprisingly well with large numbers of fundamentalist Christians; Arancaytar is an apparent fan of Abusive Trickery.

We are not what we appear.

Except, of course, for here!

Welcome to Stereotypically Yours, wherein you will post in conformity as absolute as possible with the way you have been stereotyped by the population of these boards, and your participation will be rated and scored by a shadowy panel of judges yet to be assembled.

You may employ quotes or images as props for the purposes of Stereotypically Yours, but don't get all Gallagher on us.

Go!
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #1
Personally, I definitely don't know what other people thinks of me... Anyway, I think that people belive that:

- I'm totally under the power of She, my mother;
- I'm always on the Net.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by The Worst Man Ever:

Welcome to Stereotypically Yours, wherein you will post in conformity as absolute as possible with the way you have been stereotyped by the population of these boards
Buy Homeland.
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #3
enigmatic absence
and no tentacles.

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
If you give me a few days, I think I could make a PHP script that analyzed this forum's posts to determine a person's stereotypes.

quote:

DID YOU KNOW? Alec is a tender-hearted fellow capable of giving unusually lucid and helpful counsel to people in need.
But you are, even here! :P

Edit: And screw that numbwit Dubya.

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 04:06: Message edited by: Frank H. Pabodie ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Apprentice
Member # 3438
Profile #5
I don't think Im known well enough here to be stereotyped
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
Capsulin is a basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) transcription factor expressed in the mesenchyme of organs including the lungs, stomach, spleen, facial muscles, heart, kidneys and gonads during development, and is involved in the regulation of epithelial-mesenchymal interactions (Lu et al., 2000). It interacts with the widely expressed bHLH transcription factors E12 and E47 (both of which are splicing variants of E2A) to form heterodimers that bind to DNA at a specific E-box consensus sequence (CANNTG) and repress transcription (Funato et al., 2003; Lu et al., 1998), and may also interact with other bHLH transcription factors (Miyagishi et al., 2000). Capsulin is expressed at an early stage in the developing mesonephros, beginning at embryonic day 8 in mice (Tamura et al., 2001), suggesting that it may be a very early regulator of development in the urogenital system.

IMAGE(http://thuryl.desperance.net/sailormoon_sml.jpg)

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 06:23: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #7
... Meh.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
While the most cursory of inspections, generally of the type reserved for the posts submitted by members who rarely have words of note to contribute, might lead one to believe that one or more matters of substance and import were in some way touched upon by the contents of this post, such an analysis would be entirely in error. Instead, unnecessary prolixity combines herein with a dearth of meaning and originality to provide what would be unhesitatingly decried as spam were it not so veiled in a mountain of verbiage.

All pedestrians must be sniped so that any valuables they may possess can be converted into the sweetest of ambrosial elixirs. It's orange, it's in a bottle, and it's mine.

[Edit: No double post has occurred.]

—Alorael, whose signature serves as a rather strange continuation of his preceding ruminations. It's a gimmick you'll have to live with. It's also not terribly relevant, but bear with it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #9
HURGLE GURGLE I'M AGNOSTIC! I'M A MARRIED LAW STUDENT AND A HOBBESIAN DEMOCRAT WHO DEFENDS THE SYSTEM! MARK WARNER '08!!!
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #10
*mad flirt with someone completely unavailable and unresponsive*
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #11
I'm a sluggish, artsy vegetarian. And my picture forces TM to cringe :(

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #12
I am.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #13
IMAGE(http://www.starwars.com/community/event/museum/img/kael.jpg)
--------------------
<INSERT POSTING GIMMICK HERE>
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #14
I'm going to point out something useless that has a lot to do with the topic, but will do absolutely nothing to further the discussion.
I may occasionally stir up controversey because someone takes said useless post the wrong way.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin has come up with some form of bizarre witticism or strange behavior, more than likely dealing with something called deranged subterfuge.
I will either not understand it or not like it.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #15
My name became known after a photo thread, for being a girl of course :P

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 09:26: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #16
Edit: sorry IE.

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 09:26: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #17
I think I will log this conversation.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
[[I was going to start a topic, but realized it fits here perfectly. I'm an archive freak.]]

So I was reading old Usenet messages on Google Groups, because I was trying to find out the release dates of the Exile games, and I remembered that Jeff announced them on comp.sys.mac.games.

They still have all those posts - one on January 31 1995 when Exile was announced, one on December 17 1997 when BoE was released, etc.

But the oldest bit I found related to Jeff Vogel was from November 1994.

The Scorched Earth Party.

Awesome. I don't know if the newsgroup he advertised - alt.politics.scorched-earth - ever existed, but still. Awesome.

And:

quote:
.From: jvogel@math.rutgers.edu (jeff vogel)
Subject: Re: E-mail oversea
Date: Fri Nov 4 23:39:33 1994

Bobby_Wilson@galaxy.com (Bobby Wilson) writes:
>How do I send a e-mail to France!!

france@nation-net.earth.gov

Now go die, you wart.

Here's proof: Jeff is a desper by principle!

Edit: alt.politics.scorched-earth does exist. And it's alive. Wow.

Edit2: Isn't Rutgers in New Jersey?

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 11:35: Message edited by: Charles Le Sorcier ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #19
All the cool kids have stereotypes. I need to get one.

Stereotype me!

EDIT: You know, paradoxically this is actually a stereotypical post. I don't have a stereotype, so posting in no stereotype is actually stereotypical of me.

Shame on me. I should try to be more unique.

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 12:08: Message edited by: I Would Have Been Your Daddy ]

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #20
I hate undead, and I have crickets. Every problem is caused by undead, and every solution can incorporate crickets for those awkward pauses.

I whine about BoE oldbies, and am under the mistaken impression that I'm an oldbie on the boards. I have to constantly defend my BoA work because it's clearly inferior to others' work.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. I resist bandwagons, and I constantly edit posts a minute after they're created because I forgot something.

I rant at length about things that nobody cares about, like this post.

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 11:44: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Imban:

I am.
"_" This looks like Drew's stereotype.

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #22
I'm not sure if there are any stereotypes about me. Although, I do know some stereotypes about other people. Even though it's hard to believe Kelandon is highly perverted even more so than our own Slartucker. Alorael is actually a teenager, and Croikle is not 14! The Silent Assassin is actually Lenar's younger brother, and infernal is a girl named after a Geneforge's agent. Sarachim is one of the funniest person on the boards, and Imban is always on Aim, which is a big deal coming from me.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #23
In my reply, I will endeavour to use as many of my favourite words (i.e. those that change spelling in Britain, and/or are more commonly used in Britain, as well as just awesome long words) as I can, and to be facetious and say something that I think is humourous and you probably think is silly. Recently, I got my mum and dad to buy me the Exile Trilogy CD, figuring that if they said no, I could go on with my sneakier plan (to buy it clandestinely with my own money, involving "going for a walk" on several occasions), but if it wasn't necessary, I didn't have to go to such great lengths to acquire some of my favourite computer programmes, the lack of which I have been bemoaning for aeons (in that one thread, if you happened to read it). Which it wasn't. They were surprisingly OK with it.
Re-reading this, it sounds nothing like my usual posts. But they do tend to be variable, I guess– I ought to set them equal to x and solve for it. (Required failed attempt at humour. Probably nobody cares anyway.)

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 15:14: Message edited by: Erika Maroonmark ]

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #24
quote:

Arancaytar is an apparent fan of Abusive Trickery.
Abusive Trickery rocks.

I am, actually, smarter than I sound.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:

Pages