Stereotypically Yours

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Stereotypically Yours
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #75
Well... how many people do you know that can lick their own tounges? It's pretty hard.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #76
Not really. Just roll it up in your mouth. :P

[ Tuesday, May 02, 2006 19:54: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #77
I can turn my tongue completely on edge, either to the right or left. Like this " | "

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #78
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

Not really. Just roll it up in your mouth. :P
Yeah, not touch, lick.

--------------------
-ben4808
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #79
I can lick my own tongue, as long as it's ok to use the roof of my mouth. If you can move your tongue against itself it's pretty much licking.

I can roll my tongue back, and reach it up into the cavity so it rests above the soft palate too. I don’t like doing it though because it's a little uncomfortable, and I don’t' want to hurt myself doing odd Gumby things.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #80
Dikiyoba can lick Dikiyoba's tongue (without relying on the roof of Dikiyoba's mouth). But Dikiyoba can't lick Dikiyoba's elbows.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #81
That's physically impossible anyway, so don't worry about it. No one can lick their own elbow. I could lick other people's elbows if I so desired though. :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Warrior
Member # 6629
Profile Homepage #82
quote:

That's physically impossible anyway, so don't worry about it. No one can lick their own elbow. I could lick other people's elbows if I so desired though. :P
Ahem...

IMAGE(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Andrewschaeffer/LickingElbow.png)

"This reminds me of a story... Gather round children. Now, once long ago, at a music festival last year, I dared my compatriots to try the aforementioned imposible task, with a wager of $20 for the winner. After many hours of mirth, one of them revealed their elbow with his tongue upon it."

--------------------
"When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #83
Just curious: I've heard that 75% of people try to lick their elbows after hearing that statistic. How many did?

And where in the world did you get that picture?

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
If I capture the hero's starship, I will keep it in the landing bay with the ramp down, only a few token guards on duty and a ton of explosives set to go off as soon as it clears the blast-range.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #84
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

Just curious: I've heard that 75% of people try to lick their elbows after hearing that statistic. How many did?
I did, and though I come fairly close I can't quite reach.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #85
Originally written by Dintiradan:
quote:
Dikiyoba didn't have to. Dikiyoba already knows that Dikiyoba can't.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #86
quote:

It's only impossible if you try the obvious approach of bending your head towards your elbow. (In that case distance from shoulder to elbow becomes much longer than distance from shoulder to mouth.)

However, it's not very hard if you do it the opposite way: Hold your right arm across your chest, trying to touch left shoulder with right arm without bending it. (It's impossible to touch the shoulder that way unless you are far more flexible than normal, but just pull the arm in as much as you can.) Then turn the arm so that elbow is facing up. (You might have to move it further away from your chest.) Now you can just bend your head, raising the arm to be in front of your chin, and lick the elbow.

Looks like Inthrall already posted a picture of another way to do it, but that way makes you look a lot more silly than my way. :)

[ Wednesday, May 03, 2006 13:08: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #87
Reading Dikiyobas post gave me the feeling that Dikiyoba tried to touch Dikiyobas elbow.

--------------------
"I knocked him out, but I managed to hit the reply button before he fell down."-The person behind him.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #88
Originally by Major:

quote:
Reading Dikiyobas post gave me the feeling that Dikiyoba tried to touch Dikiyobas elbow.
Yes, but that was before Tyranicus said that it was impossible, so it didn't count as attempting it after someone said it. Admittedly, I tried it again after your post (and succeeded this time).

Oh, and there is only one Dikiyoba, not multiple Dikiyobas. We are sure of that. :P
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #89
t anyone that says they can do it - pics please.
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #90
I thought there was multiple Dikiyobas or am I wrong. :confused: (ok, I did mess up, kindof) Besides Dikiyoba doesn't seem to sure.(the other one)

"t anyone that says they can do it - pics please." Sorry due to my strange paranoia of having my pic on the web I decided to save myself from the nightmirrers that would surely come if I did. But, I can do it!

--------------------
"I knocked him out, but I managed to hit the reply button before he fell down."-The person behind him.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #91
I can't quite do it, and I can even dislocate my shoulder. I can't imagine how you could contort yourself any further. Even Inthrall's picture doesn't look like the kid is actually licking the back part of his elbow, he comes very close though.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #92
*contorts arm and head in attempt to lick elbow*
*fails bitterly*
*is rather unsurprised*

--------------------
-ben4808
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #93
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin.:

t anyone that says they can do it - pics please.
Considering that I never posted my picture in any of the picture threads, I doubt attempting to lick my elbow would be a good first appearance even if I did decide to change my mind about never posting a picture here. :)

I do have to admit that my definition of "licking my elbow" was not much better than the one used in Inthrall's picture.

And to those who are dislocating their shoulder, don't try to turn your elbow first and then raise it. First raise the elbow to touch your face, then move the shoulder back as far as you can, bending the head slightly forward. Only then should you turn the elbow and you will not be able to turn it much, just enough to touch it with a tip of your tongue.

[ Wednesday, May 03, 2006 19:21: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #94
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

Considering that I never posted my picture in any of the picture threads, I doubt attempting to lick my elbow would be a good first appearance even if I did decide to change my mind about never posting a picture here. :)
I know, just fishing for a picture :)

Pages