Spidweb Community Xbox Live Party!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Spidweb Community Xbox Live Party!
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #50
quote:
Originally written by Leena:

...However, it's not all that. I can see why people like it, but all I can say is that all I ever hear Xbox owners talk about is Halo, Halo this and Halo that. It's a good game YES, but it’s the only real good game I’ve heard Xbox fans talk about. So what kind of console has ONE good game?
One may argue that it has more than one, and I really don’t want to get in the argument since I’ve managed to stay out of every single argument and debate in the boards, but Halo is the only game I’ve heard them talk about.

I can understand you well. Here in Italy is the same thing with Oblivion, instead of Halo. And was the same with Halo 2. :rolleyes:

I can assure you, there are a lot of very good games on the Xbox. Halo is very famous because was the first Xbox game, so it was really innovative at his time (great graphic, very short loadings, well-made gameplay ecc...); now is almost replaced by Halo 2, but there is great fans of the original Halo, in fact for many people is still better than Halo 2 (like me, yeah :cool: ).

quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

Xbox and Xbox 360: Don't like the controller. Joysticks should be at the same level. :P Also, buying one would mean giving money to Microsoft. :shudder:[/b]
The Xbox Normal controller isn't well made, but the S Model is really good if you have long fingers (and hands :D ) like me. :P

Long time after I try to use again a PS Controller, I lost 50 games in a row at my favourite Playstation game. :rolleyes:

Giving money to Microsoft? Yes, this is the main bad point of the Xbox; for someone that have a Mac (and he's proud of it, VERY proud :cool: )it's worse.

Also, differences between PS2 and PSX are only better graphics, better games, better... Instead, the Xbox System is a "Future Console", IMHO.
You can save on the hard disk and you can connect the console to the Live Network. I know, PS2 have this too, but the "Innovative Ideas" belong to Xbox. :P

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #51
My dad is thinking about buying an xbox 360, but not even for the games (yes reread that sentence.) I was originally ashamed at the thought of living in a house with an xbox (I'm a windows user, but that doesn't mean I have no standards). I cheered up when I realized that then I could play Oblivion.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #52
Well, I don't like the Elder Scrolls Series, so buy an Xbox 360 only for a game is not a really good reason. :P

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #53
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

I'll hold off on the whole console thing until there's a standard that's not going to be replaced anytime soon and that has a solid back catalogue. And is decently priced.
Yeah, they're always coming out with new things and then discontinuing the stuff that, not too long ago, was new itself. Especially Nintendo, I think… my brother claims that the Nintendo DS has made the GameCube and the Gameboy Advance "obsolete". >>;;;
So I guess the point is, "if you want to play our games, shell out a heck of a load of money to buy all the new consoles, because the old ones are getting obsoleter by the minute".

--------------------
A C, an E-flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin walks up to them and says, "Hey! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says, "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #54
quote:
Originally written by MagmaDragoon:

Well, I don't like the Elder Scrolls Series, so buy an Xbox 360 only for a game is not a really good reason. :P
Actually my dad wants it because it has the capabilitity to transfer video from computer to tv. His reasoning is that buying a video card or something that actually comes with decent software would cost almost as much as the xbox. The fact that Oblivion came out for xbox360 just makes it possible for me to stomach having an xbox in my house :)

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #55
I was actually talking about the Controller S for the Xbox. I don't like it either. By PSX, I meant both Playstation systems. The X stands for any number.

quote:
Originally written by lord llama:

so i will only name my fave from the 360..oblivion its the best game ever and its rpg.. just for those who say ps2 is better for rpg games..i have at least 12 rpg games just for xbox (the first one) so dont get me started on that :rolleyes:
First off, I have Oblivion on my PC, so why would I need an Xbox for that? :P

Secondly, how many of those RPGs are also available on PS2? Other than Fable (which is admittedly good) and The Elder Scrolls Games, I can't think of any Xbox-exclusive RPGs.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #56
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

quote:
Originally written by MagmaDragoon:

Actually my dad wants it because it has the capabilitity to transfer video from computer to tv. His reasoning is that buying a video card or something that actually comes with decent software would cost almost as much as the xbox.

That was part of the reason why my mom agreed to buy the PS2, because it brought a DVD player, and she hates using my pc for watching movies. The DVD player at that time cost around 100 and something dollars, and the PS2 was only 100 bucks more.
I agree that the price of the consoles are getting ridiculous expensive, especially now with the PS3 coming out. However, I am a proud fan of the PS, and if you go by those standards it lasted almost 3 years for them to create the PS3 after the PS2 came out. I don't know about you guys, but three years is quite a long time. And yes I am completely ignoring the PSP, but that’s just because I see the PSP as portable so I tend to compare it to a gameboy.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Warrior
Member # 6975
Profile Homepage #57
quote:
My dad is thinking about buying an xbox 360, but not even for the games (yes reread that sentence.) I was originally ashamed at the thought of living in a house with an xbox (I'm a windows user, but that doesn't mean I have no standards). I cheered up when I realized that then I could play Oblivion.

yes oblivion is the best game ever it is my fave for the 360 (so far halo3 is comeing so i cant wate for that) the 360s controlers are realy comfy so you wont have to wory abought geting saw hands like with the mouse and there wireless you cant get better than that ;)

over all the xbox 360 is the best console to date and you should feel prowd to have one not ashamed :D

quote:
First off, I have Oblivion on my PC, so why would I need an Xbox for that?

Secondly, how many of those RPGs are also available on PS2? Other than Fable (which is admittedly good) and The Elder Scrolls Games, I can't think of any Xbox-exclusive RPGs.
how abought star wars knights of the old republic 1 and 2,sudeki,oddworld,conker live and reloaded and fable 1 and 2 just to name a few so stop saying it dosent have them just because your not dmart enuf to find them dosent mean thay not there so next time b4 you post this rubish cheack your info :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[ Saturday, April 22, 2006 00:19: Message edited by: lord llama ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #58
Calm down llama, we don't want an Ed situation here (the number of times this has been said in a thread Llama posts in is getting disturbing). Tyran merely asked how many of those xbox rpgs were available for other consoles as well. I personally wouldn't consider that list you just gave us better than the FF series for PSX.

--------------------

Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #59
quote:

Calm down llama, we don't want an Ed situation here (the number of times this has been said in a thread Llama posts in is getting disturbing).
Hey, after what we all just went through with the Ur-Noob, killing us all like that, I think maybe we should get a bit more pro-active about this sort of thing.

Oh, wait, that was just Dikiyoba's script. It seemed so real.

Still, though.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #60
quote:
Originally written by lord llama:

how abought star wars knights of the old republic 1 and 2,sudeki,oddworld,conker live and reloaded and fable 1 and 2 just to name a few so stop saying it dosent have them just because your not dmart enuf to find them dosent mean thay not there so next time b4 you post this rubish cheack your info :rolleyes:
I'm not trying to start a war, but for the record, I already mentioned Fable, and KotOR 1 & 2 are also available on PC. I should know. I have them both. :P Also, a quick Google search reveals that Sudeki is also available for PC, so you have only added 2 games to the list. The ability to play 4 or 5 RPGs that I can't play anywhere else just won't sell me for a console. There has to be an extensive game library that I would be interested in in order for me to buy a console. I might pick up a preowned Xbox at EB one of these days, since they're rapidly dropping in price. However, I just don't have so much money that I can blow $350 on a console that I won't use that much. Besides, I'm holding out for the PS3, which I will use extensively. After all the PS3 will have support for all PS1 and PS2 games. Does the Xbox 360 support all older Xbox games? I thought not. :P

quote:
Originally written by Leena:

I agree that the price of the consoles are getting ridiculous expensive, especially now with the PS3 coming out.
What a lot of people forget about consoles is that they are no different from computers. Considering the technical specifications of the computer hardware inside the 360 and the PS3, the prices aren't that bad.

[ Saturday, April 22, 2006 06:28: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #61
I played Halo once, for about six hours.
And then, I actually figured out which way I was supposed to go. It's as if Halo was marketed exclusively to the "people who like to cut themselves" demographic.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #62
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

quote:
Originally written by Lazarus:

quote:
Calm down llama, we don't want an Ed situation here (the number of times this has been said in a thread Llama posts in is getting disturbing).
Hey, after what we all just went through with the Ur-Noob, killing us all like that, I think maybe we should get a bit more pro-active about this sort of thing.

Oh, wait, that was just Dikiyoba's script. It seemed so real.

Still, though.
And that's the key difference between Ed and lord llama. Ed created a topic that I could use for a higher purpose. So far, lord llama hasn't.

Interesting timing, though, Student of Trinty. Dikiyoba just finished brainstorming and researching for the sequel.

MUWAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry.

[ Saturday, April 22, 2006 08:23: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #63
This I gotta see. Anyone can bring their villains back from the dead these days, but you're going to have resurrect the entire cast.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #64
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

This I gotta see. Anyone can bring their villains back from the dead these days, but you're going to have resurrect the entire cast.
Retroactively, RW will slay the Ur-N00b and none of the first script will have happened. Then, a bigger more ubersome n00b will come along and... you finish the sentence.

As for consoles, I play them when I visit friends. Rich friends. The friends who can afford to pay £40 a week for a new game. My PC can watch movies, browse the interweb and even type up documents!! If I ever have a couple of hundred quid to spare, I might condier getting a PS2 or something...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #65
Buying previous-generation consoles is generally the way to go.
Even if the consoles might not decrease that much in price, you can still get most games at a bargain.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #66
As long as the games for the previous-generation consoles are compatible with the current console, that fails to justify buying the old instead of the new.

—Alorael, who invested a few minutes in researching the mentioned titles. Two Oddworld games are Xbox exclusives. Fable 2 hasn't been released yet. That seems to be all for the RPGs. Everything else is also on PC, Playstation, or both.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6975
Profile Homepage #67
quote:

Calm down llama, we don't want an Ed situation here (the number of times this has been said in a thread Llama posts in is getting disturbing). Tyran merely asked how many of those xbox rpgs were available for other consoles as well. I personally wouldn't consider that list you just gave us better than the FF series for PSX.
those were only for xbox rpgs fyi and computer but for computer you have to install them and all that so its ezer just to put a disk into a xbox and play :D

[ Saturday, April 22, 2006 13:38: Message edited by: lord llama ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #68
$300 easier?

—Alorael, who is happier having things on a computer than on a console. It's a visceral thing.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #69
quote:
Originally written by White Lady xx:

As for consoles, I play them when I visit friends. Rich friends. The friends who can afford to pay £40 a week for a new game.
So I am rich? ;)

--------------------

Pages