UBB Quirk?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: UBB Quirk?
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Okay, is this a UBB quirk?

The forum header says that we have 6999 members, but that the latest member is member number 7009!

:confused: I'm confused.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #1
Someone brought this up recently. The user numbers run 10 higher than the actual number of users, since 10 accounts have been chewed up by UBB.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #2
Has the problem of chewed up accounts been fixed completely yet, or will more members find their accounts gone?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #3
If account #4 gets eaten, someone is perishing. >8E

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #4
It seems a bit over the top to me to be ready to kill someone over losing a few simple numbers of status for a miniscule forum catering to mostly teens. But then again, if said forum and community are what you have devoted all your hard work, diligence, and creative mind to for the past five years... I can understand it then.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
You know what they say, "To err is human. To really foul things up takes a computer."

Learn to live with the possibility that you might have to beg some IT to retrieve your files.
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #6
The UBB ate my account once. I called Chuck Norris. The UBB gave my account back.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #7
*checks to see who got account 7000*
*congratulates Tyranicus, his buddy from a thread farther back*

I think if we are to figure out what is causing accounts to be eaten, we need to go back and have each victim tell us what they were doing to get their account deleted. Piecing together the similarities of all the testimonies, we should be able to pin down the location of UBB's secret trap door to the turtle pit.

--------------------
-ben4808
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #8
I was in the act of posting, and then the page that tells me to sit tight while they take me back to the topic didn't load. It confused me, so I reloaded, and bam BOARD ERROR.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Since it's highly doubtful that it was the same topic that deleted all ten accounts, it's clear that the fluffy turtle pit moves around a lot.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #10
There is a trapdoor to the turtle pit in every topic. The turtles don't frequently open it while someone is posting though. Saunders and MM probably did something to annoy them. :P

[ Sunday, April 09, 2006 16:37: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #11
Hey Saunders, do you remember what you were doing when the board ate your account?

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Ur-Noob:

Hey Saunders, do you remember what you were doing when the board ate your account?
Just what you were doing a moment ago. Please do it again. And again. :P

--

Seriously, I'm not sure Saunders was even logged in when it happened...

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #13
Didn't think this was worthy of its own thread, and since this topic comes close, here goes......

I changed my publicly displayed name from "Lazarus" a week ago. Now I try to change it back and it says this name is in use. I haven't seen anyone posting on the name Lazarus; is this just UBB being goofy? Its somewhat of a downer.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #14
There is in fact someone named Lazarus. He just doesn't post too often.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #15
Well whoever it was certainly was sneaky. I've only had my new moniker for a week.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Back In Black:

Didn't think this was worthy of its own thread, and since this topic comes close, here goes......

I changed my publicly displayed name from "Lazarus" a week ago. Now I try to change it back and it says this name is in use. I haven't seen anyone posting on the name Lazarus; is this just UBB being goofy? Its somewhat of a downer.

Here is what happened:

When yopu first changed your PDN to Lazarus, no one else named Lazarus was on the boards. While your PDN was still Lazarus, someone registered with the login name Lazarus. The problem you are having is a UBB quirk that will not let you set your PDN to someone else's login name. In other words, kiss Lazarus good-bye.

[ Tuesday, April 11, 2006 18:42: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #17
The other Lazarus only posted in Tech Support, which is probably the reason you didn't see him.

Now, you could either move on, try to find a PDN that resembles Lazarus, or get the fluffy turtles to delete the other Lazarus' account.

At least your prefered PDN will forever remain in Dikiyoba's script.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #18
If "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery" I can only wonder who I impressed so much. :)

I suppose I could enlist the aid of my fluffiest of allies in getting the ultimate revenge on my overzealous admirer, or I could just throw a * at the end of Lazarus and look like a cheap imposter. Neither seem particularly attractive, so I will just take solace in knowing my name is already immortalized. Thank you Dikiyoyo for giving me some degree of dignity.

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #19
Originally by Back in Black:

quote:
...Dikiyoyo...
And just what is that supposed to mean?

Dikiyoba regrets to inform you that Dikiyoba cannot accept any unexplained names. You may resubmit the name with a proper explanation at any time, however.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #20
Your PDN is indeed gone forever. One alternative is to use the PDN "Lazarus." though such variations never worked for me :P

Edit: On second's glance I'm unable to log in on a different browser. It says my username doesn't exist, so what will happen if I get logged out on this one….

[ Tuesday, April 11, 2006 16:20: Message edited by: Aurelia ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #21
He was in the tomb, but now he's back. I give to you.......

Anyway, thankyou for the more disguised way to hide from our evil overlord (some call it UBB, they are misinformed.)

On the subject of yoyos: A yoyo is a timeless toy made for children. The general idea is to throw it down, then by magic it returns to your hand. At first glance it is an idiotic and primitive diversion. However, it has a strange hypnotic power that makes me want to dig one out and throw it at the floor.

How does this at all relate to Dikiyoba? It obviously doesn't, although I will defend myself by saying that Dikiyoba "defies the physical laws of our universe as I perceive them", and offers "timeless entertainment." It also has fewer negative conotations than Dikiyoboi.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Aurelia:

Your PDN is indeed gone forever. One alternative is to use the PDN "Lazarus." though such variations never worked for me :P

Edit: On second's glance I'm unable to log in on a different browser. It says my username doesn't exist, so what will happen if I get logged out on this one….

Your username has a lot of numbers at the end of it; make sure you didn't mistype. ;) If your profile actually got eaten, the boards would have sh-ut themselves down by now.

(yay for being able to see usernames! :P )

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Kuranes-:

quote:
Originally written by Aurelia:

Your username has a lot of numbers at the end of it; make sure you didn't mistype. ;) If your profile actually got eaten, the boards would have sh-ut themselves down by now.

(yay for being able to see usernames! :P )

Copy paste should be fairly accurate :P 1189702 is a commonly used number for me, and tried it about 10 times (both manually and copy paste).

Problem with firefox maybe?
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #24
:eek:

Dolphin!!!11one!!!111

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:

Pages