Satanism

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Satanism
BANNED
Member # 2064
Profile #0
Out of curiosity, what is everyones view on the religion of Satanism? I've been hearing alot about it recently, so let the discussion commence.

--------------------
I am an idiot.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #1
Although I'm not a religious person, the last Religion Test I done put Satanism on the top of the list.

The Wiki, in case anyone is too lazy to get it themselves.

Of course, some may automatically assume that followers of Satanism worship Satan - although it seems that the claim is not true.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #2
From the Wiki description, I suppose that it's a perfectly valid religion. The opposite of Buddhism.

Must be awkward at parties, though.

"Oh, I'm a lawyer. And you?"
"Well, I'm a Satanic priest."

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #3
Well, seems like your average religion ;) .
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #4
I always thought I was an Atheist, but after reading the Wiki about it, I'm seem to be a Satanist. The music I listen to, Metal and Gothic, is mostly inspired on it. So I guess I knew I was a Satanist, but didn't know the name for it. Until now.

Satanism has 6 different forms, you can find them on the Wiki as well, and not all the forms worship Satan. That is, Satan known as the devil, as some sort of a god. Satan can also refer to a more abstract thing. So not every satanist worships Satan.

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Snafta a.k.a. no chicken for sale:

Satanism has 6 different forms, you can find them on the Wiki as well, and not all the forms worship Satan. That is, Satan known as the devil, as some sort of a god. Satan can also refer to a more abstract thing. So not every satanist worships Satan.
Wow! A concept for worshipping the manifest destiny of the self; a metaphysic of mad money-grabbing!
Keep in mind that the whole damned thing came out of the same time period that gave us liberalism. Who would have guessed?

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #6
I lump Satanism into a kind with Objectivism - an abuse of a perfectly good name by a group irresponsibly promulgating a worldview bordering on solipsist.

I've got no brief with the death-metally kind of satanists (mostly), it's the kind who mumble about the will to power that bug me.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #7
The only way to heaven is through Jesus. If you don't mind be spouting views on a thread that asked for it. :P

I don't know though. Satanists just stike as the kind of people in the world that just aren't going to be productive citizens. All the gangsters, drunks, stoners, and so on. But then again, I'm sure some are real nice and loving, but they still won't get to heaven.

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
Except since nobody but Christians go to heaven, there's no reason not to be a Satanist as long as you aren't a Christian. Heck, why am I bothering with Judaism? Magick with a K and philosophically justified narcissism, here I come!

—Alorael, who in fact believes that most gangsters, drunks and stoners are Christian, at least in America. (Stoners less so than other such groups.) Most people are Christians, period.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #9
Satanists are generally the most 'productive' people, or at least the most apparently 'productive'. Blatant disdain for the Golden Rule only works if you're rich and powerful.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Ur-Noob:

The only way to heaven is through Jesus. If you don't mind be spouting views on a thread that asked for it. :P

I don't know though. Satanists just stike as the kind of people in the world that just aren't going to be productive citizens. All the gangsters, drunks, stoners, and so on. But then again, I'm sure some are real nice and loving, but they still won't get to heaven.

If god is perfect and its message is perfect, then why did he pick utter and complete dickwads like you to spread the good news?

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #11
On that topic why did he create such a species of moronic, foolish, 5 year old IQ level? :confused: Of course I'm talking about the GIFTS. Oh wait, we're not talking about my god, Jeff.
(No Jeff isn't really my god, he's just my reason for existing)

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Fireking:

On that topic why did he create such a species of moronic, foolish, 5 year old IQ level? :confused: Of course I'm talking about the GIFTS. Oh wait, we're not talking about my god, Jeff.

You know, it'd just be too easy. It'd be like shooting fish in a barrel, only cleaner.

If I provide the logical follow-up joke, I'll be lowering my own standards. So I won't.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Fireking:

UBB doesn't like your new name. It's not showing up properly when quoted.

Dikiyoba's not complaining about it, either.

Edit: Sig change.

[ Sunday, April 09, 2006 19:13: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Warrior
Member # 6912
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Butt Paladin:

quote:
Originally written by Ur-Noob:

If god is perfect and its message is perfect, then why did he pick utter and complete dickwads like you to spread the good news?

THANK YOU...i was 2 afraid of starting a rant that would get me banned if i tried 2 reply 2 that.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #15
All forms of satanism are rather repulsive to me. Whether you worship Satan or not, the basic selfish tenets of the religion are rather dispicable.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #16
I despair of this conversation.

New topic: YTMNDs.

http://awesomewolfen.ytmnd.com/
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #17
Since little respect is spoken about it, I will keep out of this discussion, because else I'll probably get completely outraged against some people here. (And no that has nothing to do with my "religion", it's in my nature)

If someone started this topic about Christians for example, and someone would've replied that they were selfish or something like that, it would become an enormous fight. But I'm outnumbered, and that's what makes it easier.

quote:
The only way to heaven is through Jesus
If I should have to go through Jesus to get to heaven, I chouse hell. Besides, all my friends and family go there.

So a little more respect please.

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by Smugglers' Alliance, Chief of the:

All forms of satanism are rather repulsive to me. Whether you worship Satan or not, the basic selfish tenets of the religion are rather dispicable.
Selfishness is human nature.
Selflessness was origionally brought out by religion, and later by society even though people try to distance themselves from religion.

[ Monday, April 10, 2006 09:14: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #19
The fact that something is human nature doesn't make it right. The greatest thing about humans is our ability to overcome our primal instincts. Murder, rape, and discrimination are also part of human nature. Does that make these things more palatable.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #20
Depends if you look at it from a religious/humanitarian standpoint rather than a practical one.

I'm not saying that those actions are right, I'm a devout Jew. I'm just saying that without religion these matters would be nonexistant.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Warrior
Member # 6912
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Smugglers' Alliance, Chief of the:

The fact that something is human nature doesn't make it right. The greatest thing about humans is our ability to overcome our primal instincts. Murder, rape, and discrimination are also part of human nature. Does that make these things more palatable.
But just because it is human nature doesn’t mean that it is bad or against god. Greed is a sin for Christians but greed played a key role in giving US such high GDP. The fact that many human impulses need to be controlled and or moderated is true! But attempting to remove many completely can cause disasters. Example: Catholic priests and alter boys. Example#2 US economy and profit motive.

I would hate to live in a world with out gluttony, greed and lust. Think about it how boring and lame that would be! I would have never asked for a raise and would have never gotten all the SW games I have now lol.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #22
From a biological standpoint, everything that every organism does is motivated by selfishness, and for good reason: selflessness quickly breeds out of the gene pool. I'd rather have a religion that embraces the reality of selfishness than one that holds everyone to an impossible standard.

—Alorael, whose personal belief is that everyone should be free to be as selfishly happy as possible until they start infriging on others' selfish happiness. At that point it becomes a question of balancing net happiness and net unhappiness to maximize the former and minimize the latter. This is, of course, functionally impossible ethical calculus, but it's a better creed than universal suffering for reward in the afterlife.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #23
*burp*
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Hors d'oeuvre or ordure+V?:

—Alorael, whose personal belief is that everyone should be free to be as selfishly happy as possible until they start infriging on others' selfish happiness. At that point it becomes a question of balancing net happiness and net unhappiness to maximize the former and minimize the latter. This is, of course, functionally impossible ethical calculus, but it's a better creed than universal suffering for reward in the afterlife.
Which happens to be the whole point of LaVeyan Satanism.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????

Pages