Chat Update

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Chat Update
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #0
Considering how well the general chat last Wednesday at 9 went, I propose another general chat for this Wednesday, March 8th at 9 PM EST (2 AM GMT). Also, I'm scheduling a general chat at 2 PM EST (7 PM GMT) on Saturday, March 11th in hopes of getting some of our European friends (other than Aran, who apparently never sleeps :P ) in on the fun.

Also, I just made a new addition to the database. The newest log is a record of the Lyceum chat that took place immediately after Ash was banned and was sent to me by Ash himself.

[ Wednesday, March 08, 2006 11:04: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
I do sleep, I just I model my sleep patterns after the current need. On the chat days I sleep from 6 pm to 1 am, so by the time the chat starts I'm well-rested and wide awake again. :)

Edit: I freaked when I saw you had "added something" to the database, thinking it might be that memorable chat we had on Saturday.

Edit: On second thought, the chat you did upload would have fit the category of "off the record" very nicely.

So most of us are idiots. Heh.

[ Tuesday, March 07, 2006 01:30: Message edited by: When in the course of Nathan Ashby ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
The Lyceum chat is actually considerably worse than anything that was in Saturday's chat...

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #3
I'll try and make it to the one tomorrow. Hopefully I remember. I'll be at school for the other one.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
The Lyceum chat, while perhaps bad, is also something that tells of what will be a memorable moment of Spiderweb history. I am a firm believer in free speech, and I do not censor unless I truly have to. In this dark time of fear and uncertainty for the community, I think it is important that people see a first-hand, uncensored account of what happened. In my opinion, this fits that category perfectly.

[ Tuesday, March 07, 2006 18:14: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
Not so much "Bad" as "politically controversial". And disregarding the profanity and the insults hurled in absentio, what was being discussed there was controversial, even as a joke.

[ Wednesday, March 08, 2006 05:49: Message edited by: When in the course of Nathan Ashby ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #6
I'm gonna be able to make the Firday one. And I would go to the later ones, but the computer is in a shared room, and 'm considerate to the other people in here...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

Also, I'm scheduling a general chat at 2 PM EST (5 PM GMT) on Friday, March 10th in hopes of getting some of our European friends in on the fun.
Yay, finally, Friday 1900!!!!

Now I just feel stupid for being a religious Jew.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
So can you use a computer at that time? Just because I have heard some people say you can't, but then I have no idea about Jewish laws, and even less about how they are applied to modern technology.

[ Wednesday, March 08, 2006 08:07: Message edited by: When in the course of Nathan Ashby ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #9
Sabbath starts at sunset friday. Sabbath starts a bit after 1700 this week. Work is prohibited on the sabbath. Creating fire constitutes work. Electricity constitutes fire.

I repeat, ****.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
The computer can be left on, but it can't be used.

Or, depending on who you ask, it can be used but only if you can do it without touching the mouse or keybaord.

—Alorael, who is glad that he is a rather lapsed Jew.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #11
Could the chat of the 10th be on the 11th? On the 10th I have orchestra rehersal, to which i have to go. As this is the only chance I see at the moment of getting to join in, and this chance would probably not be there only after a few weeks, please take this into consideration.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

Could the chat of the 10th be on the 11th? On the 10th I have orchestra rehersal, to which i have to go. As this is the only chance I see at the moment of getting to join in, and this chance would probably not be there only after a few weeks, please take this into consideration.
Yes, I would also appreciate this.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #13
That can be done, but I'll request that someone else logs the chat, since I will be at work from 11:00 AM EST to 10 PM EST.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #14
Thanks very much. I appreciate that.

May I point out that 2 PM EST is 7 PM GMT, though. Pity you can't come yourself.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #15
Ooooh... 21:00 on Saturday. Bad. I have school the next morning, I'd be on for an hour tops.

Sorry for being such a stick-in-the-mud, I may come if the Saturday one happens. Don't use me as a statistical figure to see weather it is worth it though.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #16
Thanks Thralni. I have no idea where I got the 5 PM from. It is a pity I can't come myself, and it's more of a pity that I'll be working for 11 hours on my birthday. :(

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #17
Tyran, if you think you can get away without having a chat on your birthday, you're mistaken. We'll fix that...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #18
Just for fun, I'm already there. :D Yay!

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #19
Hmm...I can't get to your freewebs site, Alex. Must be because of the computer I am on. Funny search engine it brings up, though.

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Nope. Can't get on mine, either.

[ Wednesday, March 08, 2006 14:00: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #20
I can get on both. Maybe it is your computer.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #21
Dikiyoba's computer is fine. It's the computer that Dikiyoba was on for that post that was the problem. Freewebs was probably blocked on it. It was only noteworthy because clicking on the links brought up a school-based search engine Dikiyoba had never seen before.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #22
*bump* The chat is starting in a couple minutes. AIM room Spidweb. Also, please note that Friday's chat has been moved to Saturday at 2 PM EST (7 PM GMT) by request. Unless I hear objections, that's the time I'll stick with.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
I managed to wake up almost exactly at the chat time. Creepy.

Also, I have tried out Opera with voice control. It's very convincing, although I don't manage to make the computer do everything with voice commands yet. I need the mouse to help it along ever so often.

Naturally, everything takes about twice as long to do with voice control, if you don't count the trouble with making the computer understand me.

But heck if it isn't many times as cool as using just mouse and keyboard. Sci-fi! "Computer, please go to the Spiderweb Forums."

--------------------
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #24
I won't be able to make it for Sat's chat. Friday's would work better with me, but after being in tonight's chat I'm not sure I'll regret missing it. Anyhow, I'll just get the chat log from you (Thad) :P

Pages