Exit Strategy (Realized)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Exit Strategy (Realized)
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar the Grey:

As a note, Selima, otherwise known as Marlenny, is not leaving. Synergy, whom you quoted, is.
Sorry for the mistake.

quote:
Originally written by Thralni, The flying Dutchmen:

Some typos, but otherwise your English is quite good (at least a lot better than some people here...).
Well, it is one of my main English problem. The other is my lack of English words.

EDIT: Synergy, doesn't you want to reply at my previous post? :P . Naturally, if you don't want, don't do it.

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 05:51: Message edited by: MagmaDragoon ]

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #26
Yes, yes I want.

quote:
Originally written by MagmaDragoon:

I don't know you,... but I can say that writing in a Forum is a part of the real life, after all. Anyway, I cannot understand how someone can't fully apply himself real life because he write in a Forum. Anyway (again? Oh man... :rolleyes: ), goodbye.

(My English is worse than before, I think... :rolleyes: )

I enjoyed the thoughtful thoughts, LavaKnight (Matteo). Your English is entirely understandable, but if you think I am Selima, then you might need eyeglasses. That girl's got wicked curves from here to Timbuktu, and I'm kind of tall and rakishly thin like an elf. I'd take Selima with me, but she's got this little thing for Thurly, you see...

There's no reason someone including myself can't be part of a forum and live their life with balance, just fine. I'm just not doing it at this point, because I'm investing too much energy into it, and it's been substituing for little things like pushing myself to go make more local friends and hunt me down a mate.

Arancaytar – Why did you make a thwarted attempt at leaving a year ago? If it helps, I'll send you a copy of the new book I'll be writing: How To Escape the Spiderweb in Five Brutally Painful Steps.

P.S. – MagmaDragoon. I think Italian women are very beautiful. Do you know any who live in Seattle and would love to marry an American man who might be almost as passionate and effusive as she is? Oh, what terrific rows we would have together, but making up would be so very very sweet...oops, I'm daydreaming.

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 06:06: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
To be honest, I have to read up on that, although it was at the time of the elections and might be related. It was in the July 05 statistics topic. It also came three days after Alec left, although my departure had nothing to do with that.

One might say I dropped out because the elections were too stressful, and because this came at a time when I already had a lot of RL stress. Unkind people, on the other hand, might point out that I was well on my way to losing the election anyway, and that this was merely a showstealing way to exit with a flourish without really affecting the outcome. Whatever.

Your five brutally efficient steps hopefully do not involve doing harm to my computer or internet connection? :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #28
Nope. Who could live without a 'puter after all? How would I get my CD's and DVD's? I never was good at burning bridges completely, anyway.

Ah yes, Thee Election, where I first learned all about some of the local celebrities in retrospect. I'd acknowledge the irritatingly brilliant and brilliantly irritating stunt someone pulled, but why feed ego any further? I had forgotten you were one thwarted in the process. Of course, if you'd been elected, you'd really be trapped here, wouldn't you.

The stats are a way cool thing though. You're clearly a generous and gracious soul.

ADD-IT: So, Drakefyre actually used to POST aroud here and make it to the top ten, huh?> And Dolphin was a big poster once not long before I stumbled in last fall. I would have liked to have known her. She seems like possibly my kind of gal from the bits of her I have read. Where and why did she go?

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 06:24: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #29
What sparked this, Synergy? I know why you're leaving, but usually there's one moment that sets one's mind that way, and it generally proves to be the greatest obstacle to their return. Or the opposite, if they're masochistic.

For what it's worth, I'll miss you. I don't have enough time to read through and respond in topics like the God debate, but what I read of yours has made me respect you and has already modified my own views. I hope that, like every other oldbie or old newbie, myself included, you'll return before long and find a happier medium between real and online life. Goodbye for now, hopefully not forever.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #30
I'm having an "It's A Wonderful Life" moment, David, I had no idea. Thanks, man, er ma'am, uh.....hmmm.

ADD-IT: Oh, to answer your question, I think I realized I needed to pull the plug when I saw how fierce my reaction to someone like Kel had become. It does great disservice to so much of what I talk about when I can't demonstrate it. I need to spend much more time being and giving out than talking about.
END ADD-IT.

I actually made a first attempt to leave back in late Dec. or early January and succeeded for 2-3 weeks. You can thank or blame Marlenny for my return. It's all her fault. :P I was actually over the withdrawal entirely and came back in a triggered moment of idle curiosity. And then those damn moldy turtles began to cast their spells...

Lest anyone think this thread is a cheap ploy for attention and tender sentiments...well, ok, that's exactly what it is. I want to depart with some closure and au revoirs. I want to go out feeling good about having been here, as well as wishing to dispense some appreciation and gratitude and admiration for some fine folk here. There are, quite simply, some stunningly brilliant, some inspiringly heartful, and otherwise really cool and diverse people here. And a hecka lota' Thinkly types that us Feely types can get frustrated around. Oh right, but that MBTI stuff is all a heap of course.

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 07:25: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #31
Wow. You're going. Well, I still remember the first post you made really well, but won't quote anything lest this turns into a "This Is Your Life" moment.

It's always a shame to see an intelligent person leave the boards. But I guess I do understand - real-life keeps getting in my way too, and I've had to cut my leisure time down dramatically.

Anyway, hopefully, you'll return. If not, good luck with whatever your doing.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #32
Au revoir, mon cher. Your unique attitude and perspective will be missed.

And yes, I was once a prolific poster (second only to Alorael), but real life caught up to me somewhat as well.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #33
Drake, obviously you are a man who has mastered the art of restraint. Impressive.

Nik, thank you, Sir. I don't remember my first post here at all, unless it was my affectionate review of Canopy. Somehow that doesn't seem right though. Maybe it was something more about all the things I did and didn't like about the Avernum games, and how I'd improve them. Even that post was prophetically interminable, no?

IDLE TACK-ON FACT: I watched Hotel Rwanda last night. A very good movie. Not prurient, not overwhelming, not cloying; but inspiring to see the difference one person can make even in the most perilous and hopeless of places.

CONSCIENTIOUS ADD-IT TACK-ON: That wasn't meant to be a veiled reference to any other particular place being perilous and hopeless, but it sure could read that way.

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 07:30: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

If anyone's interested, I'll be taking bets on how long he'll last before he comes back.
My wager is on him not actually leaving at all. We have yet to witness this predicted departure, after all.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #35
Hmmm... you may beright. If I was Synergy, and would see how many people wish he wouldn't have made this decision, I would have most probably stayed. Then again, to start living a life is wonderful. Being in a crowded disco, dancing while holding a glass of beer in your hand... I wish I could relive that moment. I wish you all the luck, and I hope you will get a nice girlfriend. And a glass of beer, of course.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #36
Well, he hasn't gotten to 777 yet. I'd be willing to take Kel's wager, leaving for a short time is too easy. Anyways, though I'm mostly a lurker, I've enjoyed reading some of your posts. G'luck with getting your life together, and all that. TTFN :P

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #37
When I opened this topic, I thought, wow, will you sign my yearbook too? It's the end of summer camp! But now I see this really has turned into "This Is Your Life."

I respect you for opening up in the other thread. I can't imagine baring myself on these forums. Beyond that, I don't like sugar-smackish goodbyes. Good luck with everything, and I'm sure you'll be welcome here (well, as welcome as anyone is) if you decide to return.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #38
Yup, double post. Well kinda. But 'This is your life' topics are fun.

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 08:02: Message edited by: AxB ]

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #39
Kel, you're much too smart for me. You've got me and my shameless attention-whoring ways pegged. No manipulation or conjured fabrication could be unjustified, after all, for the contrived affection and solicited sympathies and just one more fleeting moment in the sun—or rather, the dim green glowing fungus light, as the case may be.

But I wouldn't think to deprive you of the pleasure of seeing me actually keeping my promise, and now you have indeed bumped me one post closer to the brink.

ADD-IT: Slartucker. I'm kind of bowled over. I was expecting a lot of heckling and nonsense to toy with till I got to #777, which I will today. It is all kind of ridiculous. It's not a big deal. It's just cyberspace, and I'm just having some fun and amusement on the way out. I'm not imagining this is or that I am remotely important to the actual purpose of this forum. I've never built a scenario or held an office, or programmed a line of code (well not since high school), and I've only been around a few months. I'd have just as soon slipped out of here on one post if I was at 777 when I made the decision. I guess you'll have to find someone else to scold now, huh? ;) I have appreciated your scolding though. You've been mostly right by my estimation and I do listen and care, despite the immediate response, which can be akin to summoning hordes of unholy Hakaai to do their worst.

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 08:17: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #40
You and your synful ways will be missed. And your titles. And your verbosity. Well, we must like you for something.

Of course, I predict at least a departure that doesn't happen at post 777. I don't think you can even finish responding to goodbyes that quickly, and you're too much of a New-Age-buzzword-out-of-pants-gentleman to let that happen.

Really, all you need to do is retire this account and appear in moderation with another one. Think of it as a clean break with a very rapid mending of fences.

—Alorael, who remembers the days when someone could be second in posting only to him. Oh, the humanity. And the Turing machines.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #41
Angelic Alorael, oh ye of little faith. Really now. And that goes for the rest of you betting against me too. :P You underestimate my devotion to choice numbers.

I do thank thee sincerely for thy kindly offerings. Alo, there's something very unique about you which gives me great pause...well, not in my posting, but in my reflection. There is a measured steadiness and placidity and decency to you that seems uncommon, nearly angelic, and that is no embellishment at all from where I sit. There is also a gently-employed, but formidable sense of humor and mischief residing within all that, which I have greatly enjoyed. I imagine I'd like to know you in the real world.

ADD-IT: I of course wholly approve of and muchly appreciate the pun.

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 08:36: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #42
Whoah. This is surprising, to say the least... what's with these topics springing up in the 6 or so hours I'm actually asleep?

You will be missed, Synergy.

quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

If anyone's interested, I'll be taking bets on how long he'll last before he comes back.
My wager is on him not actually leaving at all. We have yet to witness this predicted departure, after all.

Determined souls have escaped the insanity singularity that is Spidweb, so it could happen. I reserve judgement for the moment.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #43
Prediction: Synergy will reach 777 posts the day Djur reaches 1000.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #44
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

You can thank or blame Marlenny for my return. It's all her fault. :P
But it wasn't me, honest. It was the fluffy turtles disguised as me. Or maybe it was the doings of my curves from here to Timbuktu :P , who knows?. Anyways, you know you will be missed so there is no need to feed your ego.
On a completely unrelated topic, wow someone called me Selima. Though I shouldn’t be surprised, given that it TM and Ash almost a week to figure out.

Edit: I agree, the moment you become too attached to a game board to let something affect you way too much, then you know that's the sign to stay away, let go, and find something better to do. But don't worry Synergy, it's not your fault. Kel can bring out fierce reactions on people.

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 09:24: Message edited by: Selima ]
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #45
Imban: I give up...

The day hell froze over?
Someone unban and call up Matthew?

Or...maybe it's a threat?

I'm banned
You're banned
We're all banned
For Imban

Whatever you meant, that day IS today unless lightning or moderator strike me down first.

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 09:27: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #46
I don't think Djur is banned. He's just absent, and while present he was multiaccountal. He didn't do quadruple digits.

—Alorael, who would like to know if an instant Synergy post generator can be put in place. Maybe collectively run?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #47
quote:

Imban: I give up...

The day hell froze over?
Someone unban and call up Matthew?

Or...maybe it's a threat?

I'm banned
You're banned
We're all banned
For Imban

Whatever you meant, that day IS today unless lightning or moderator strike me down first.

But you don't understand we're ALL Imban. As per Djur, I could've sworn I saw his account at over 1,000 posts. Isn't he the one that stopped using it when it hit the 1,000 post count and then came back and used it again during the elections? Or am I completely lost?
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #48
quote:

Yes, yes I want.

I enjoyed the thoughtful thoughts, LavaKnight (Matteo). Your English is entirely understandable, but if you think I am Selima, then you might need eyeglasses. That girl's got wicked curves from here to Timbuktu, and I'm kind of tall and rakishly thin like an elf. I'd take Selima with me, but she's got this little thing for Thurly, you see...

There's no reason someone including myself can't be part of a forum and live their life with balance, just fine. I'm just not doing it at this point, because I'm investing too much energy into it, and it's been substituing for little things like pushing myself to go make more local friends and hunt me down a mate.

P.S. – MagmaDragoon. I think Italian women are very beautiful. Do you know any who live in Seattle and would love to marry an American man who might be almost as passionate and effusive as she is? Oh, what terrific rows we would have together, but making up would be so very very sweet...oops, I'm daydreaming.

That is the most kind reply that I even see :) . Really. I understand your idea, then. My friends too have to hunt me for bring me out of my home, and my mother, when I take a bad mark, force me to exit with friends for punishment (incredible, don't you think?).
Thanks for call me LavaKnight, I really like that title!

P.S. - Sadly, I don't know any italian woman in Seattle... :(

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:06: Message edited by: MagmaDragoon ]

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #49
Bye, Synergy. I'll miss you. I hope you'll be able to keep to your goal. Spiderweb is one of the hardest vices to conqueor. OTOH, I hope you won't.

*big bear hugs and a chocolate kiss*

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley

Pages