Exit Strategy (Realized)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Exit Strategy (Realized)
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #50
Mmmmph, this isn't enough time to properly frame my thoughts, but I wanted to post before you're gone.

A very well-wishing good-bye to you! I've found it enjoyable to have you around.

And remember: You may actually succeed in removing Spiderweb from your life, but you'll never find a place quite like it.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #51
quote:
Originally written by MagmaDragoon:

my mother, when I take a bad mark, force me to exit with friends for punishment (incredible, don't you think?)
Do you mean that your mother kicked you out of your house forever for bad marks in school? If so, that is incredible, and I'm very sorry this happened. It sounds like you might instead mean that whenever you get a bad mark, you aren't allowed to be with your friends for a while. This is less incredible, but still unfortunate.

quote:
Sadly, I don't know any italian woman in Seattle...
Well, it never hurts to ask. :)

Ephesos—I greatly enjoyed our live beta testing comparisons and musings. Perhaps I shall see you again in A5 for some more....RETRIBUTION!!!!!!!!!!!

Jewels—Sweetness, patience, endurance, temperance, love...these are some of the jewels in your crown. You're a brave one.

Oh, and I recommend standing upwind from TM for a while.

Alex, ah good, I hoped to see you before I hit the tally. Feel free to edit in anything else you thought you wanted to say. I have a whole folder on my hard drive dedicated to your inimitable cartoons of the many laughs. And I am still very happy to have recently earned one from you. Hope you don't consider me an ingrate for bolting with my prize, but the moment I got my cartoon, I knew my work here was done. :D

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:49: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #52
I predict that Synergy continues editing posts rather than creating new ones in order to stick around just a little bit longer.

Now, what do I win? :P

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #53
I'm only editing posts to avoid double-posting or to fix my mistakes. Contrary to popular expectation, it is not in my interest to prolong the process. I will be in classes seven hours tomorrow and on a plane in 50 hours.

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #54
Education often gets in the way of learning. Religion often gets in the way of God. Goodbyes often get in the way of leaving. Good luck.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #55
Best wishes from an old member who still returns sporadically. You're one of my favourite new(er) members here, and I would be glad to see you return. That being said, I have full understanding for how all-consuming virtual worlds can become and for the need for drastic measures.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #56
Goodbye! I, like others, hope you come back, but I, unlike others, see some possible good in you going away for a bit that has nothing to do with RL-you might forget to call me cute by the time you come back. :P

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
BANNED
Member # 6554
Profile #57
your mom kicked you out of the house becauae you were bad in school
man your life must have sucked

OH YEAH 100 POST

OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST

--------------------
join me!
we shall harness the power of geckos, bunnys, and fluffy pink stuffed animals and rule the world!!!
Posts: 193 | Registered: Wednesday, December 14 2005 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #58
People who post "goodbye" threads are unlikely to stay away permanently. (And the longer the thread, the faster they come back. :) ) It's the people who quietly fall into lurkiness, whose disappearance we have to worry about. :(

I look forward to your return.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #59
Farewell Synergy. You will be missed. I've enjoyed your viewpoints, and your absense will definitely be noted.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #60
Hmm, people I've barely met here are showing up with all kinds of pleasant and mildly skeptical and dubious things to say. Thanks Alex and Zeviz.

Anyone may note in my opening post that my purpose was to burn off my last twenty-odd posts here, rather than create some kind of grandiose exit or even a "goodbye" thread, though I suppose it wasn't exactly unpredictable. I'd as soon have spent them on the virtues of brown-eyed women, stupid things your cat does, the joys of fleece, movies you loved which I hated or hated which I loved, your favorite animal at the zoo, the trippy dream you had last night, 101 uses for a ball of tin foil, or...well, the list could go on a while.

Considering all possible topics, I could swear there is a plot to never let anyone escape here. What's the deal, misery loves company? :D You're all evil, evil I tell you, and I can see the dull flicker of green reptilian eyes glinting back at me with every grinning effort to prohesy my capitulation to the will of the turtles.

arghhhhhhhhh—I'll say one thing. You always did make me laugh. For all the wrong reasons, perhaps, but laughter's good medicine even when ill-gained. Good luck to you and your planet of V's. You've got quite an imagination there. In fact, it might have to be registered with local officials and checked monthly for any developing dangerous irregularities.

Tyranicus—may you not live up to your name's implications, though I still first picture a dinosaur with a buzzy haircut.

And now, permit me to tell you fine people Step Three in my five-step escape process.

Step One, as you will not recall, as I haven't yet mentioned it, is to actually entertain the possibilty of escape, and after several stiff drinks, to resolve to do so. Then, for good measure, a few more drinks.

Step Two is setting up some cheesy and inane Exit Scenario, so it would be unbearably humiliating to actually (A) fail to leave or (B) show your face 'round here any time in at least the next six months.

Step Three is to time it so you have factors of Real Life working to support your brave, but foolhardy decision. In my case, on Thursday I fly to Albuquerque to meet up with my best friends who delightfully enough have finally gotten some sense back into their thick skulls and decided to move back to Seattle. They've been gone all of a year and a half and can't stand living in Kansas anymore. I'm meeting them in New Mexico for a wacky road trip back up here. I'll be gone for 5-6 days on this little jaunt upon which we will see the Painted Desert and Grand Canyon in Arizona, Las Vegas (I've never been, but I do have a lady friend who lives there), Crater Lake, Oregon, visiting another lady friend of mine in Oregon, whom I've never actually met before, and heading home up the coast along the ocean on the Pacific Coast Highway.

You'll all forgive me, but I'm not going to be thinking about Spiderweb for at least a week, unless you live along the route and would love to share your home one night with three highway punch-drunk adults, a bouncy five-year old, and a bafflingly well-tempered baby girl. In that case, we might all become your new best friends and drinks would be on us. All in all, this week of forced fun with Real Live Human Beings might even be sufficient to carry me through the withdrawal stage.

Steps Four and Five involve ritual keyboard binding and mind reprogramming techniques, but you don't need to know about those.

P.S. — Nicothodes. It is possible that you really aren't cute at all, and I hope to never meet you in a dark alley without a pen with which to defend myself.

P.P.S. — Ash, uh...get out of the way.

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 16:11: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #61
quote:
Originally written by arghhhhhhhhh:

OH YEAH 100 POST

OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST

Quoted for posterity. Sorry this had to be in your final thread, Synergy.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #62
Yeah, it was going remarkably well, wasn't it? ;)

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #63
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

P.S. — Nicothodes. It is possible that you really aren't cute at all, and I hope to never meet you in a dark alley without a pen with which to defend myself.

YES!!!! NOT CUTE!!!!! Plus, you're the 2nd person in the last hour to tell me I'm scary. YES! Life's goal ACHIEVED!!!!

(yeah, I have a weird life goal that is way too easily accomplished. I have nothing to do with the rest of my life now :( )

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 16:22: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #64
Perhaps you could secure funding for an experiment to settle the question once and for all: Which is mightier, the pen or the sword?

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 16:34: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #65
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

Perhaps you could secure funding for an experiment to settle the question once and for all: Which is mightier, the pen or the sword?
Swords are better as they are sharper and you have longer distance.

--------------------

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #66
quote:

OH YEAH 100 POST

OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
OH YEAH 100 POST
-arghhhhh-Posts like that shall get you no where and might do more harm then good.They may even earn you a canning.

-Synergy- I don't know you that well so theres not much too say...All the same come visit us in the future :D

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 17:23: Message edited by: The Kraken ]

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #67
Now is the time for virtual drunkenness, wherein we all tell Synergy, "I love you, man!" and then wake up with virtual hangovers.

*hic*
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #68
Synergy is just going to keep posting on this thread responding to peoples' ideas until he finally decides to come back a few months down the road. :P

--------------------
-ben4808
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #69
No more virtual drinks for ben. That last one didn't even make sense.

Kraken, great name. I like sea critters, real or imagined.

It's close now...close...

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #70
I count 775. Come back here and give us two posts you cheat.

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #71
the 1000 milestone gets nearer and nearer...

Edit: Hang on, it's not to 1000, it's only to 777. Well, the 777 milestone gets nearer and nearer...

[ Tuesday, February 21, 2006 20:51: Message edited by: The Stew Boy ]
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #72

In Hebrew numeric symbology, three sevens means something like "things which are specially complete filled up to perfection."

Our commander wishes to inform the good people of this place that the withdrawal of all troops is imminent. We apologize for the defiling of any sacred ground by our dusty infidel feet.

--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #73
Aaaaaand a drumroll please...

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #74
.....................................poof.....................................

--------------------

Pages