problems with E.D.F: why?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: problems with E.D.F: why?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
Okay. recently there were some problems concerning one of the new members: E.D.F/commander edward. Now what is it exactly that you guys keep torturing him? If we know (and he knows) what the problem(s) is (are), we can hopefully work this out and make this forum a nicer place. So, anybody for the first complaint?

Oh yes, things like "he is a noob" are dealt by me as "the one he claims one is a noob, is the noob himself" (this thanks to my experience with Runescapers).

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
BANNED
Member # 6655
Profile #1
Thralni, I'm sorry mate. The E.D.F thing sucked, and I know that.
All I can do is say sorry, and hope you'll forgive me.
I apoligise to everyone, but you were all horrible. Just stop it, will you?
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #2
How about this topic is closed, and people treat Ed as if he had 0 posts. A new start, if you will. Can't say fairer than that, right?

These boards are for Jeff's games. Not to belittle others, even if we don't get along with them.

I have spoken. Let it be so.

[ Tuesday, February 14, 2006 08:14: Message edited by: SupaNik * ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
I think it was partly that he seems to enjoy starting useless topics, especially with his (never to be trusted) goodbye forever. He also attempted a very, er, bizarre self-closing, which didn't do a lot for his credibility. He also has a tendency to make relatively inane comments often enough to destroy an entire thread.

But these are all things that he'll get over, I'm sure, so we all need not worry. Just give him some time to become accustomed to these boards.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
BANNED
Member # 6655
Profile #4
EDIT: Actually, I take back this post. I don't want my last words to be off hate, I want them to be of love. I'm sorry guys. Take care, everyone.
Always remember though, I'll see you around, you just won't see me.
Take care guys,
Ed

[ Tuesday, February 14, 2006 08:24: Message edited by: Cessel ]
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #5
TM is, well, TM. Don't try to understand him. Or change him. Or goad him into a fight. I'm sure you couldn't win, Ed. Trust me, I'm saying this as a friend.

You have a t least me and Thralni who care enough to defend you. That's more than what many newbies have. Just calm down, and try and contribute something to the boards.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #6
yes, Supanik's right. cessel/EDF/ed, however you want me to call you, try NOT to post. please, I beg you. try to stay calm, try to wait, until this is sorted out.

End of this post.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #7
Call me cynical, but I agree with Kelandon's post, minus the second paragraph.

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #8
The dude claimed to be 13 years old. What's to explain?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

The dude claimed to be 13 years old. What's to explain?
Thirteen yearolds can be very nice, you just have to give them the chance. that, I fear, seems impossible here. For the second time: we can work this out, but the kid has to know exactly what's wrong in order to change. kelandon was so nice to offer some constructive critisisme. it would be nice if others did the same.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #10
Less drama please. Don't respond to every little thing thrown at you. Learn to laugh at yourself and your mistakes. Sometimes it's best just to ignore certain people you don't like/who don't like you. If you can't ignore them...

...draw their face on a pillow and beat the hell out of it, or something. Just don't tell us about it.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, The flying Dutchmen:

Oh yes, things like "he is a noob" are dealt by me as "the one he claims one is a noob, is the noob himself" (this thanks to my experience with Runescapers).
He is a noob. And I'm fairly confident that I'm not.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

Less drama please. Don't respond to every little thing thrown at you. Learn to laugh at yourself and your mistakes. Sometimes it's best just to ignore certain people you don't like/who don't like you. If you can't ignore them...

...draw their face on a pillow and beat the hell out of it, or something. Just don't tell us about it.

I couldn't agree more. It's hard to let go, but the older you get, or the more time you spend in SW, the easier it becomes to be able to ignore those little comments or people that affect you negatively. You just gotta learn to accept that not everyone has to like you or will like you, as hard as it is to believe.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13
He's been given good advice. I've sent him a few PMs and Thralni and SupaNik come to mind. He just has to sort through it and decide for himself who he's going to be.

Dikiyoba hasn't even noticed E.D.F lately. He's beaten his old record! Dikiyoba hopes it works out, however it ends up.

Edit: Spelling.

[ Tuesday, February 14, 2006 11:22: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #14
Wow! I'm younger than him, and more mature. I wouln't say anything about modesty though... :D

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
Apprentice
Member # 6607
Profile #15
I joined when I was thirteen. I'm sure everyone hated me. But then again that was back in the Misc. days (may it rest in peace). It was a diffrent world back then.

What was my point again? Oh yes, people will get used to you over time. Just don't let things bother you and try and try to keep yourself from being a target.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Chocolateking:

Wow! I'm younger than him, and more mature.
*chokes*

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #17
A lot of the adults here are probably less mature than he or she is. They haven't even grown out of bullying. Kelandon's constructive critisicm is good though.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #18
All of you just shut up. Enough of this bull.

Christ. They should make an age requirement for surfing the internet.

EDIT: Bad TM.

[ Tuesday, February 14, 2006 15:33: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #19
No doubt. What a waste of space.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
They should make an age requirement for surfing the internet.
There's a Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin complains that the universe needs a cover charge, to keep out the riff-raff...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #21
This is all very interesting, but I have to scream now... I'm sick of this. Everyone needs to let Ed adjust to the boards, and Ed needs to stop attacking people as soon as they cut him some slack.

Just so you know, Ed, I also find you annoying. But I'm willing to give you a chance as long as you try to calm down as well. (And random tip: leave the moniker changing to TM and Alorael)

Seriously, this is out of control. Everyone's exploding a little more often these days... first Ed/EDF/Cessel, then Synergy and Kel...

Can't we all just get along? ( :P )

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #22
Another departure has gone unremarked, and I think this conversation has no chance of helping anyone and a good chance of making tempers run higher.

For the record, bringing up EDF in any context has been step one on the path to bad things.

—Alorael, who prescribes a lock, stock, and barrel without the last two.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00