Mac v/s Pc

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Mac v/s Pc
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #0
Well, for beggining, can some one tell me how exactly works a Mac, what are the Mac versions?
How the Mac user make text files?Have the Mac an Office equivalent?
At least where I live only 3/4 of people knows windows, a lot of that people call it "windor".
Some people believes that the Pc virus can infect people...
So please can someone explain me how exactly is a Mac.
And, wich OS you prefer?

--------------------
Death to my enemies!!
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #1
Oh god, not again.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #2
Please, I beg of you, do not start this.

It ranks up there with religion, sexuality, and ice cream flavors.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #3
chicho are you trying to start another war about which is better?

lets leave it at mac and windows both have their advantages and both have their disadvantages

--------------------
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
and ice cream flavors
Go Linux and Chip & Mint!

(Sorry, I had to.)

There have been many topics in the past about which is better, and in none of them was Linux even mentioned.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5969
Profile #5
Yes. Mint chocolate chip is awesome. ^^

--------------------
A C, an E flat, and a G walk into the Tower of the Magi.
Ambrin runs up to them and says, "Hey, look! It's the Triad!"
Kelner snorts and says "Pretty minor Triad if you ask me."
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #6
While Mac vs PC is a dreaded debate, there hasn't actually been an argument about it for years.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #7
I've used a Pc since I was a kid so I'm def more familiar with it. And of course I gotta go with Windows is the best. However, we have Macs at my school and I gotta admit it looks pretty neat. I've been using it in the lab for the past week just to try it out, and I like it.

Now, as much as I love Chip & Mint. It is nothing compared to chocolate or chocolate chip cookies, or ............ God I love almost every flavor of Ice-cream. Now that I'm talking about it, I think there is some in the fridge.

Bye
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

While Mac vs PC is a dreaded debate, there hasn't actually been an argument about it for years.
I've had enough war to last a lifetime...

/1000yard_stare

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #9
Eh.

Go PC! Coming from about the most biased person you could get.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

God I love almost every flavor of Ice-cream. Now that I'm talking about it, I think there is some in the fridge.

Bye

...awesome.

(I like my mac because it's free.)

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #11
I have a PC, Windows XP, and I am happy with it. I like it, but I can't remember ever using a Mac, so I can't judge.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
Computers do what computers do, so Windows and Mac really handle the same general categories in more or less the same ways. It's the specifics where they differ, and those specifics cause anger, bitterness, hatred, and occasional holy wars.

Macs create text files like PCs do. There's a basic application included with Mac OS (TeachText, SimpleText, or TextEdit, depending on the version of Mac OS), and a variety of word processors are available. Appleworks is the software suite closest to Microsoft Office, but it hasn't been updated for several years. Microsoft also makes Office for Macs, and many Mac users use it.

The exact differences are impossible to catalogue without taking up way too much space or causing flame wars. Look them up elsewhere.

—Alorael, who won't lock this topic only because he has no reason to besides endless, endless precedent.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #13
I like my pc...It's just the amount of games that make all of those virus hazzards worth it.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #14
I dislike all computers equally, and am especially concerned with the prevalence of garbage on the internet.

On a positive note, I do like ice cream, but not all ice creams, and am especially partial to home-made raspberry ice cream.

*this message sponsored by cingular*
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #15
Macs are dependable, stable computers.

PCs are non-dependable, instable, hackable computers with lots of games and I love it.

I can simply say, use Mac if you like a good office computer or use PC if you like MicroSoft propaganda, games and hacking. In case you like both of them, buy both; I have both a windows laptop and a stationary mac, I love them both. :)

Hmm... should I buy RedHat Linux, too? ;)

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Same bird, insame name.:

I can simply say, use Mac if you like a good office computer or use PC if you like MicroSoft propaganda, games and hacking. In case you like both of them, buy both;

In case you have the money, rather.

If you like a good, stable office computer that is affordable, get a PC, make a secondary partition on your hard drive and dualboot Linux.

[ Friday, October 28, 2005 01:13: Message edited by: Explode The Bandwagon Now ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #17
Go Mac if you don't like viruses and crashs and if you don't want to wait always for the PC version of Spiderwebgames.
Also: Macs are as affordable as PCs nowadays but much more user-friendly.

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

Go Mac if you don't like viruses and crashs and if you don't want to wait always for the PC version of Spiderwebgames.
Also: Macs are as affordable as PCs nowadays but much more user-friendly.

Yes, but if people actually followed this advice Mac's would have just as many viruses and crashes(if not more) and the increase in demand would lead to an increase in price. That you think they are more user-friendly is very subjective...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
That you think they are more user-friendly is very subjective...
You hit the nail on the right head with that one.

The cliche seems to be that the working artist uses a Mac, while her secretary uses a PC. They are both very good and have their advantages and disadvantages.

quote:
Hmm... should I buy RedHat Linux, too?
Why would you buy Linux? Just get Debian or Mandrake or something else that's free.

quote:
PCs are non-dependable, instable, hackable
Not quite. My PC hasn't had a crash for months, and I have never had an instance when I couldn't depend on it. Windows works for those who know how to make it work. Similarly, if i got on a Mac, it wouldn't work to it's fullest potential, because I don't know how to use it. And I'm sure Macs are just as hackable as PC's. No security system is invincible. It's just nobody takes the time to hack Macs or write viruses for them because they're uncommon. Just like Mozilla Firefox and Linux.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #20
It's one of those stereotypes left over from the days of Win95/98/etc and stuff. XP Pro is actually quite stable... I should know.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Apprentice
Member # 6393
Profile #21
quote:
lets leave it at mac and windows both have their advantages and both have their disadvantages
Ditto.

quote:
Macs are dependable, stable computers.

PCs are non-dependable, instable, hackable computers with lots of games and I love it.

I can simply say, use Mac if you like a good office computer or use PC if you like MicroSoft propaganda, games and hacking. In case you like both of them, buy both; I have both a windows laptop and a stationary mac, I love them both.
I have the opposite - PC as a server (desktop), Mac Powerbook (laptop).

I prefer the Mac, however I'm usually forced to use the PC for some games I can't find for the Mac. I groan when I do becuase with newer PC games I often have to do something to the PC to make them work (ie. upgrade drivers, video cards, etc.).

[ Friday, October 28, 2005 05:23: Message edited by: aheisey ]

--------------------
Poster: 'I love your demos, but I have Windows, what do I do?'

Answer: 'Get a Mac?'
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #22
*****GET A MAC!*****

*To celebrate my 1-2-3-4-postcount I contribute hereby my first spam post :D

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #23
Well, that's because new PC games actually have good graphics.

Anyway, I really don't know what you're talking about with instability. This PC of mine has had some trouble with it, but it's almost all been hardware troubles (woo, two massive hardware failures in two years) with one software problem (virus scanning software that refused to uninstall properly made me need to wipe my Windows drive) that wasn't because of Microsoft software, anyway.

As far as runtime, I've currently been on AIM for 3 days, 23 hours, and 33 minutes continously as of this post, and this is a pretty low online time for me. I have all the stability I could ever need from my Windows machine.

EDIT: *beats spy.there up*

[ Friday, October 28, 2005 08:48: Message edited by: Imban ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #24
Gah, it's not so hard to learn a new OS. I've worked on vax stations, a few years of Solaris, a couple of years on Linux of various breeds, several years of Windows 98 and 2000, a little bit of Mac 8 and 9 and Windows XP, and now a lot of Mac OS X. It's not true that you have to be stuck with whatever you're used to.

At least for now I like Macs not because they do anything important that Windows machines can't, but just because to me they seem prettier, both as an OS and as hardware. And since I spend an alarming fraction of my life in front of computer equipment, having nicer computers is a major quality of life issue. But it's really only since the flat panel iMacs and OS X that Macs have gotten good, as far as I'm concerned; I found the old machines and the Classic OS tolerable but nothing wonderful.

Actually, I guess the ill-fated G4 Cube was the beginning of the new deal. Anyway, as everybody now knows, suddenly a few years ago everything Apple went from geek-chic at best to true cool. I told myself I should have bought stock, but did I listen, no.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00

Pages