Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Olga's fortune teller kiosk
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
Hi there,

I'm in a rather joyfull mood, and therefor decided to tell you people what our beloved stars, the cards and my magic bowl say, about your FORTUNE!! FOR FREE!!

So who's first in line?

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #1
Sure, why not. What do you need?

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #2
Just some time to think about it and some personal things, like what you generally eat, maybe a dream from last week... That sort a thing. Just post it here, and I'll post ythe results here, or (if you prefer it) I'll send you a privat message.

Just remember Olga's fortune teller kiosk is a registered trademark of Thralni (or Benjamin van Soldt) productions co. Any attempts to copy, abuse or whatever will be punished.

So, tell me what I told you to tell me, and I'l get back to you! :)

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #3
Ok, I'll put your psychic powers to the test…

I usually eat a lot of raw dairy (milk, kefir, cheese, butter), eggs occasionally, beef/bison/fish a couple times a week, a lot of fruit and veggies, and cereal once a day. My favorite color is blue.

Hmm, a dream I've had. Ok, I was at a school that I didn't recognize, and I was on a 20-minute break between classes. I went into the student store to check on my fish. I had been checking on the fish each day to make sure it was being well cared for, but for some reason I couldn't take it home yet. Well, on this day it was time to take my fish home, so I picked up its little fish tank, and walked over to the cashier. When I got to the counter I got my first good look at the fish; it was a small, plastic, orange fish, and was in a plastic tank with plastic plants. I couldn't understand why it was plastic, and I asked the lady why it wasn't alive. She told me that the fish was very healthy and had been doing very well. She showed me the green and blue plastic pellets on the bottom of the tank, and said that the fish ate the green ones (the fish was swimming around in the tank, btw). I realized that I was late for class, so I paid for the fish and ran to my class. The teacher was angry that I was late, and all of the other students loved my fish; I told them it was a very special fish.

As an aside, what do guys think that dream means?

[ Friday, September 30, 2005 12:35: Message edited by: Sunset ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #4
Sure. I'll give it a try. I mostly eat Dominican Food (rice, meat, and beans). Like Dolphin, I too eat a lot of raw dairy (milk, cheese, and butter), lots of fruits yet no veggies at all. I eat trash food at least once a week, and my fav colors are blue, black and green.

I'll tell the dream(s)I had last night dream. It was a weird mix of about 3 different short dreams. In one my mother was pregnant, and for some reason I felt so angry and didn't want the baby. (which is stupid cuz i'm always telling her how I want her to have another baby). The second was about with this guy in my building (I have the biggest crush on him). Anyways, in the dream he was in jail, so I went to visit him. They wouldn't let me see him because I wasn't a relative, and while I was in jail (which looked like an airport)somehow the FBI was protecting me from criminals who were following me, I think I had some important info about the mafia or something;I can't remember the rest. And the third one was like a minute long, and I happened to receive a phone call from someone and I thought it was for real but I was soooo sleepy that I couldn't talk. I still remember waking up and thinking it actually happened, so I was like: damn I can't believe I was that sleepy, I really wanted to talk to that person.

Well, that was too much information. So let's see the results.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #5
My favorite color is blue... no yelooooowwww!!!! (sorry, I had to). Actually, my favorite color is green.

I've lately been eating fried chicken strips, fried mozzerella sticks, popcorn shrimp, cashews, and apple juice. Generally, however, my diet is usually 60% meat (about half-and half beef and poultry) 20% vegetables and fruits, and 20% junk food. As for a dream, here's one from a few nights ago:

I'm at a castle in medieval times, looking down at the field in front of it. There are some people from the castle arguing with some guy in an old pickup truck that is a pinkish-tan color. I come down and they guy in the pickup leaves. For some reason, I keep trying to get the guys from the castle to make some weapons out of Damascus Steel. They keep ignoring my requests. Then, the castle breaks out into war with the pickup-truck guy and his castle. In the time before the enemy troops reach my castle, I wander around the battlefield. Everybody seems to have a different weapon. I have a stick. I see another person with a mace, and a person with a sword. I give them tips on which type armor their weapon is best against. I start looking around on the ground for a better weapon. The ground is littered with lots of scrap metal. The enemy arrives before I can find a good weapon. Everybody is fighting now, and a man in brown robes is wandering around wearing a cross necklace. I was thinking he was a Christian Priest. Everybody seems to be ignoring him. Then this smaller guy in tightly-closed brown robes shows up. He is clearly evil, but not the leader of the army. He was like some evil being summoned by the enemy leader. He gets flung across the battlefield towards me and some other guy, and I grab him and break his neck in several different places, but this doesn't affect him any. He graps the other brown-robed guy, and looks at him and says "Jesus Christ." I then ask him why he didn't tell anybody who he was. Before he could answer, the evil guy takes him into my castle. At about this time, my troops are winning the battle. I suddenly have my old wintercoat on, and follow the 2 brown robed guys into the castle. When I get there, Jesus extends his nose, which is unusually long and bulbous, and the evil guy bites the tip off. Suddenly, the tip of my nose is gone, and while Jesus and the evil guy are talking, I wander around with a paper towel on my nose, and the dream ends.

As for Sunset's dream (using dream definitions from dreammoods.com): The fish seems to be the focus of your dream. Fish generally represent insights from the unconcious mind, so perhaps going to check on your fish daily means you are waiting for insights from yourself. Orange represents friendliness and openness, while plastic represents being fake and artificial. So perhaps the orange fish means you aren't really enjoying your social life, and that your pretending to enjoy being around other people. It's possible that the lady at the cashier represents another aspect of yourself. Assuming that, the fact that the lady thinks the fish is alive and you see it as being dead might mean that you are fooling even yourself, or lying to yourself about something else. Blue can represent tranquility and openness, while green can represent deciet and lack of balance. So by feeding your fish (perhaps your subconcsious?) with the green (decietful) pellets, and not the blue (truthful and open) pellets, you are harming yourself mentally (the dead, plastic fish).
Remember, I'm no professional dream intepreter, and the best person to interpret your dreams is yourself.

(whew! that was long!)

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

As for Sunset's dream (using dream definitions from dreammoods.com): The fish seems to be the focus of your dream. Fish generally represent insights from the unconcious mind, so perhaps going to check on your fish daily means you are waiting for insights from yourself. Orange represents friendliness and openness, while plastic represents being fake and artificial. So perhaps the orange fish means you aren't really enjoying your social life, and that your pretending to enjoy being around other people. It's possible that the lady at the cashier represents another aspect of yourself. Assuming that, the fact that the lady thinks the fish is alive and you see it as being dead might mean that you are fooling even yourself, or lying to yourself about something else. Blue can represent tranquility and openness, while green can represent deciet and lack of balance. So by feeding your fish (perhaps your subconcsious?) with the green (decietful) pellets, and not the blue (truthful and open) pellets, you are harming yourself mentally (the dead, plastic fish).
Remember, I'm no professional dream intepreter, and the best person to interpret your dreams is yourself.

I can see that being true considering my current situation, and the people around me. I've also thinking a lot about wanting to move out lately, and I used to be more than happy to live at home.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #7
I like food, I love small, cute 'n' furry animals, my favourite colour is either blue or murple, depending on mood, I own the trademark to "exploding broccoli", I eat alot of protein, but not enough fibre, I don't dream very often and when I do, they're more often nightmares, I'm rarely happy/satisfied, I'm easily bored, I have great patience, except for a couple of situations.. umm... pirates are sexy?

That enough? :P

[ Friday, September 30, 2005 14:12: Message edited by: The Seraphim ]

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #8
I had steak for tea last night.

I dreamt that I was fishing, and then a packet of chips dropped out of nowhere. I picked it up, and then I got lifted up into the air, and down into the sea. There was a fish there who had a fishing rod, and it was about to take the chips of my hands when I woke up.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #9
My favorite colours are black, brown, silver, dark blue, and dark green. I eat a ton of fruits vegetables and bread, fish, and chicken and pepperonis(run-on sentence, sorry). I tend to say 'trees are good' if there is a lapse in a conversation, just to confuse the other person. *evil grin* I go to a reallygood arts school that I firmly believe is just there for my amusement(how can they call it SCHOOL?!?!?!), and there I am called Ariana, Nicothodes, God, The Almighty Ruler of the Universe, The Almighty Ruler of the Universe Who Likes to Read Calculator Manuals, Cellist Who Likes to Read Calculator Manuals, Mom, and Dad. I recently had a dream where my one friend saw this pink shirt on a random guy walking past and kept saying to me "I'm not gay, but I really like that shirt". I kept trying to tell him that liking a pink shirt didn't mean you were gay and that I didn't care whether he was or not. It was very strange and confusing.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #10
I made a random comment, but it was dumb, so I removed it.

[ Friday, September 30, 2005 15:37: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by The Seraphim:

My favourite colour is... murple
I like octarine myself.

—Alorael, who also likes skribbane. He dreams about it too.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #12
I like purple, all shades. I eat lots of hamburger helper, pizza, meat'n'potato dishes (hubby's the cook) but my favorite genra of food is chinese and I eat it whenever I can. Milk, pop, juice... broccolii with cheese... mmm...

I can't think of a dream I've had recently (that I remember) that I could 'safely' tell you... :P but I used to dream very often about having to go to the bathroom really bad and not being able to find a toilet that wasn't out in the open where everyone could see me. It manifested in many different ways, most of which I still remember. One was a room filled with toilets all made of recycled parts and no dividers. Another was a room as big as a gymnasium filled with lines of toilets and dividers except the dividers only went up to your waist so I was talking to other people across from me. Then there was the time I climbed into a bathroom through the air vent only to find that all of the toilets were filled with maccaroni and cheese. This went on for years. It was very frustrating.

Edit: I've had a new dream that's tame enough to replace the old toilet jumble. I am moving into a new house with my family and I stop to admire the front of the house. Nothing exceptional just a small one story house with a open porch on the front. There's lots of trees and neighboring houses close enough that I can't see the backyard. My dad is there to help unload. We walk into the living room with a breakfast nook off to the right, sunlight pouring in the windows. Hubby is standing admiring the breakfast nook and I start to nag him about getting to work 'cause our stuff isn't gonna unpack itself. Then I walk into the master bedroom which is impossibly long and skinny and also full of stuff and I realize that before we can start moving our stuff in, we're gonna have to move all of this stuff out. Then I start to worry that the bedroom isn't big enough for our kingsize and the house isn't big enough for all the kids and wonder where the kitchen is right before I wake up.

[ Wednesday, October 19, 2005 05:34: Message edited by: Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #13
Once again definitions come from dreammoods.com:

Toilets usually symbolize release of emotion, and in the dreams, you couldn't find a private toilet, so you avoided using the bathroom. Macaroni can symbolize losses.

Perhaps this means that (when you had these dreams) you were afraid to share your emotions with others, so you kept them all in. Or it could mean you shared your emotions too much (the lack of privacy), and this bothered you subconcsiously. The macaroni possibly symbolizes losses due to either situation.

From your descriptions, the first one seems more accurate to me.

[ Friday, September 30, 2005 18:18: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #14
Hi, there I am again. I'm glad so many people would like to hear their future from me. I'll now sit at my magic bowl, containing acid and chicken feathers. Depending on what happens with the feathers, you're future will be bright or not.

Maybe I should explain the process:

I read what you wrote to me, and I'll link it to the chemical reaction. If the reaction fails... Uh-oh :P

I just read everything, so soon I'll start with the chemica... Sorry... With asking the mighty chicken gods for their answers. QWe shall wait and see what happens....

EDIT:
My magical powers sensed that somebody here explained a dream!!! The mighty chicken gods, leaders of all that is a chicken are furious!!! (translation: with my new brain implants that stil need to be adjusted, I managed to read somebody's explanation of a dream. The grilled chickens that I ate last night are angry).

[ Friday, September 30, 2005 23:53: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #15
This sounds... fairly amusing, ahem. I will try. Prepare to read a lot of personal stuff (to reassure accuracy. Oh, you want to know how I can go all public with such things? It's simple, I have no shame.).

I have many a friend, near me, far from me, many places on earth. I love a dear young girl, even as she lives very far away, perhaps 70 000 000Kms away. Since I miss to see her face outside a small window on my screen, a feeling and will shared by both of us, I feel depressed, pressured but also energized. With all energy, smartness and spirit, I go creative and start a lot of personal work projects such as novels, games, short stories, comics, websites, etcera. Although I work hard, my spirit fails to stay constant, I start prioring the hard things away, get lazy and eventually stop working at all. Either that or the work I made was not good enough to please me, resulting in the project being cancelled and a new project to start.

Since school and chores consumes a bunch of time, my free time suffers. I am only free around 7PM, giving me 3 hours of useable time. That time should be used for homework (teachers always assume you have a lot of time which living under my conditions leaves you without, contradicting their assumings) but if you have been working since 8AM to 7PM, 11 hours, do you think you have the lust, will and energy to sit down and work more? No, and therefore a pile of homeworks builds on your desk and due to the teachers having poor ways of teaching, my grades suffers as well. All that causes pressure and amplifies my existing depression causing me to doubt life is as great as I always had been thinking.

Every day I eat lunch and dinner with different dishes every week. I have not energy, will and time to eat breakfast nor supper, therefore causing a bad circle of varying tiredhood. The lack of spare time also makes my night sleep suffer, I sleep only 7 hours and I need 10, therefore indulging me in a sneaky headache.

While I may seem like an optimist, I am not. I am a positive philosophic realist, I look at things in a happy way without being illusive nor unaware of the negative parts. Life is bitter-sweet, but I do not complain to the waiter for adding to much bitter to it, instead I give them credit for adding a slight sweetness to it. That contradicts my depression, therefore causing a sort of apatism and raging confusion in myself. Only two weeks ago, I skipped school for a day, lying totally apatic on my bed trying to sort my thoughts out, ignoring the staff nagging about the consequences I will suffer from skipping school. What makes me fight, though, is the will to meet my dearest Christina one day, preferably as soon as possible, since I worry about her bipolar disorder; she tried to take suicide once and she cuts herself. I want to prevent that and protect her from herself.

Having told all that, please tell my future, Sir Fortuneteller, as it seems unpredictable to me. Post here, please.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #16
At the moment I'm gathering all sorts of chemicals, depending on the person. It may take a while. Sunset will be the first to hear the future. The others will have to wait, sorry.

At the moment, the mighty chicken gods, gods of all that is a chicken, tell me to say to the eagle, that his plentyful information has been approved of and the chicken gods want me to tell Eagle that they are grateful that he came back to the forum recently. That is all for now.

Sunset and the other who are waiting, your future is being worked on!

EDIT:
I just got back van de chemist's, and now I have five more nice chemicals, so I could probably start with the holy rituals toworow or some day this week. Until then, may the chicken gods be with you.

[ Saturday, October 01, 2005 05:02: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

Once again definitions come from dreammoods.com:

Toilets usually symbolize release of emotion, and in the dreams, you couldn't find a private toilet, so you avoided using the bathroom. Macaroni can symbolize losses.

Perhaps this means that (when you had these dreams) you were afraid to share your emotions with others, so you kept them all in. Or it could mean you shared your emotions too much (the lack of privacy), and this bothered you subconcsiously. The macaroni possibly symbolizes losses due to either situation.

From your descriptions, the first one seems more accurate to me.

That's very interesting, I could see it going both ways. I don't talk much unless asked questions by someone else(former) but I used to answer any question asked of me truthfully and completely including any detail I could think of(latter). Seeing how I have stopped having the dream and also stopped answering most questions completely I actually lean more towards the latter. I wish I could remember more of the timeframe for when I had them. As it is I can't link them to a loss.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #18
So is it alright now if I just manage to tell you what the chicken gods say that will happen, instead of telling you what the dreams mean? I hope so, cause otherwise Olga's fortune teller kiosk will have to close down, and I don't want that.

I'm sorry it takes me so long to tell the future, but I have to prepare things before i can start (and I didn't expect so many reactions).

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #19
From reading this, it seems like it's largely an excuse for Thralni to play with chemicals. :D

I have no particular favorite color, but some colors I prefer are orange, green and black. I eat no food particularly frequently, except school food. I'm interested in computers, and my two favorite computers are the iMac G5 and the Tapwave Zodiac. I also like art, particularly drawing and origami. I have no recent dreams that I can remember well enough to tell.

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #20
quote:
perhaps 70 000 000Kms away.
So your girlfriend's a Martian?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Error:

From reading this, it seems like it's largely an excuse for Thralni to play with chemicals. :D
You are probably right :D

I'm sorry to say it may take a little longer than I thought. I'll try to predict sunsets future today, but I'm not sure it will wotk out, cause I have quite much to do. I'm sorry. The chicken gods have loaded me with chores.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Imban:

quote:
perhaps 70 000 000Kms away.
So your girlfriend's a Martian?

Ahem, no. I meant 70 000 000 meters; I added the Kilo by mistake. She lives in New York, a fact that is very painful for both of us as we live so far away from each other.

As for the little fortune-teller here, his experiments that includes acids sounds like a Ph-value test test. If you use water, a liquor that changes color depending on the Ph-value and a dirty feather you can, depending on the amount of dirt and other unidentified things, get different colors on the water which later can be interpreted as a "sign".

Sounds similiar to the japanese turtle scale crackings method.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #23
The feather thing was just something I came up with on the spot. I don't have any feathers at my house at the moment. I'd love to tell you what I really do to come to conclusion, but I can't. If I do that, I will be punished by the mighty chicken gods.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Eagle, the author soul:

Ahem, no. I meant 70 000 000 meters; I added the Kilo by mistake. She lives in New York, a fact that is very painful for both of us as we live so far away from each other.

:P I still wonder how you would manage to travel 70'000 km from Sweden to New York. In a little roundabout way 1 3/4 times around the world perhaps?

^_^ Maybe you'll find out some day that your beloved people are nearer than you think. But that will be the end of dreaming ...

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw

Pages