Wow, that's weird...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Wow, that's weird...
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #0
Here I was temporarily calling my forum software I'm making benBB, and I started to think that would be a good final name for it. Well, as it turns out, that name is already taken.

Shoot. Now I need another, better name. You can see screenshots of what mine is like here.

[ Tuesday, September 13, 2005 15:51: Message edited by: Benny Boy ]

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #1
The Board of Ben? :P

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Unless you have a better default color scheme, the name will be of concern only to academicians recording all failed BB systems.

—Alorael, who believes a warning label might be in order.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Benny Boy:

(color scheme)
AHHHH MY EYES!!!

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #4
I think having the name "Ben" taken would be more expected than weird.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #5
Well, you won't have to worry about people with visual disabilities being unable to see it due to lack of contrast. . .

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
That forum software would look a little simplistic even if it weren't for the awful color scheme. Seriously, what is the advantage in reinventing the wheel?

If there is something Invision or UBB can't do, I'd recommend getting it and fiddling around with the source. It's far easier to write a hack for an existing forum software than to start from scratch - even considered against the price of the software.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #7
Ben, your BB is the visual equivalent of a tri-tone.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #8
What is a tri-tone? Wikipedia doesn't mention it... my only interpretation is three musical notes played at once.

[ Wednesday, September 14, 2005 05:45: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #9
Sorry, it's "tritone" - it's been a while since my music theory classes. A tritone is the interval that's half a step between a perfect fourth and a perfect fifth. A tritone chord is a minor third stacked on top of another minor third, often referred to as "the Devil's chord." Play a C-Eflat-Gflat chord, and you'll know what I think Ben's BB looks like, musically-speaking. ;)

[ Wednesday, September 14, 2005 05:51: Message edited by: Drew ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
Aaargh! I don't even need to play that... ew...

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #11
I know it is simplistic because I still have quite a bit of work to do on it before it's fully functional.

I kind of like the colors, though. It's quite out of the ordinary, but what did you expect from a forum software by me? :P Incidenatally, I asked my family about the colors, and they thought that it looked quite good, my mom saying "very colorful and inviting".

However, that doesn't seem to be the opinion here, and that's why if I ever get that far, I plan to make the color scheme customizable to each user. But that won't be for a while.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #12
quote:

Incidenatally, I asked my family about the colors, and they thought that it looked quite good, my mom saying "very colorful and inviting".
She's your mother. I'm sure she tells you you're good-looking, funny, intelligent, and talented, too. :P

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #13
Lol, nice Ash, just nice.

edit: yellow??, come on ben: yellow??? why would you do such a thing?

[ Thursday, September 15, 2005 07:09: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #14
Yellow makes my eyes hurt, unless it's not offensively bright. I think I'd have an headache after just 5 minutes Ben. Couldn't you kinda tone it down a little, maybe use a pastel shade of yellow?

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #15
Edit: Sorry, wrong topic.

[ Thursday, September 15, 2005 08:04: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

quote:

Incidenatally, I asked my family about the colors, and they thought that it looked quite good, my mom saying "very colorful and inviting".
She's your mother. I'm sure she tells you you're good-looking, funny, intelligent, and talented, too. :P

And what exactly are you implying? :P

Er, I use yellow because its my all-time favorite color, especially that bright yellow. :cool: I may change that too eventually, though.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
Yellow is my favorite color too, but I wouldn't want to plaster a page background with it. "Background" implies something unobstrusive, and bright yellow isn't.

--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #18
Generally, a background should have a dull colour. You know, like white, grey, dark blue, etc. Maybe the forum categories could have yellow text or yellow background, if you really want it.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #19
quote:
Er, I use yellow because its my all-time favorite color, especially that bright yellow. I may change that too eventually, though.
The :cool: smiley is appropriate considering the need for sunglasses when visiting the site.

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #20
quote:

And what exactly are you implying? :P
That your mother loves you A LOT. :P

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #21
Anyway, what do you think of it now disregarding the colors?

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #22
It doesn't seem to have any problems, but it's still missing a lot. It would help if we could see pictures of the page where you make posts and register new accounts, as that's where most boards have problems.

Also, your link isn't working anymore.

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Error:

It doesn't seem to have any problems, but it's still missing a lot. It would help if we could see pictures of the page where you make posts and register new accounts, as that's where most boards have problems.
Knowing what features the admin control panel has would be good too. phpBB's admin features are awful.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #24
I've added a few more links. On my admin page, I have one section where you can add/delete/edit forums and categorys, and then another section which gives other functions, such as editing members and board settings. This part is still very much under construction, though, as is the whole board.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ

Pages