If you had 3 wishes...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: If you had 3 wishes...
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #0
If you were given three wishes, what would they be? They don't have to involve money or being an almighty god.

Ex: I wish my grandmother were still alive, getting a Hummer for Christmas, and that I could go back in time and erase Hurricane Katrina from existence.

These are just random examples and not mine, by the way.

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #1
I would wish for an infinite amount of wishes.

Actually, I'd wish for Universal Prosperity, as in all problems that should be solved would simply be solved. That would be at the top of my wish list.

If not that, I would wish for ultimate knowledge and ultimate wisdom. With those I wouldn't need money or power or anything like that. AND I would be able to lend a helping hand in Universal Prosperity.

[ Wednesday, September 07, 2005 19:01: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
*Blue screen error*
NONEXISTANT WINDOWS ERROR
Windows detects no current errors, so Windows has decided
to screw around with the files until one occurs.

If you never rise against your oppressor, then you've already lost.
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #2
Knowledge, wisdom, and three wishes each for everybody else.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Wise Man:

Knowledge, wisdom, and three wishes each for everybody else.
Not a good idea. A vicious killer with three wishes?
That would be quite horrible.

I admit that I didn't think of wishing for three wishes for everyone else. Three wishes for all who deserve would be much better.

[ Wednesday, September 07, 2005 20:44: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
*Blue screen error*
NONEXISTANT WINDOWS ERROR
Windows detects no current errors, so Windows has decided
to screw around with the files until one occurs.

If you never rise against your oppressor, then you've already lost.
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
Omniscience, the strength to maintain my sanity in spite of this, and the ability to do magic. After that, it wouldn't be that hard to abolish warfare and poverty without any extra wishes.

Also, wishing for two wishes is as sensible as trying to buy two apples by paying with one apple. Who'd accept that kind of deal?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #5
Since I am practically perfect in every way, I need not these wishes.

However, should the opportunity arise, I should like to be able to turn invisible, to avoid having to do stupid market research questions. On the way to school today, I got stopped twice!

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
You know you can just move along and ignore them, right? It's not like they have a right to ask you endless annoying questions... :P

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Omniscience, the strength to maintain my sanity in spite of this, and the ability to do magic. After that, it wouldn't be that hard to abolish warfare and poverty without any extra wishes.
An interesting epistemological question I recently stumbled across:

Suppose you are omniscient. This means you have knowledge of every fact. Knowledge is generally defined as a justified true belief -- that is, a belief based on some kind of solid evidence rather than merely a guess.

Now, if you are omniscient, you must know that you are omniscient, since this is a fact. This means you have a justified true belief that you are omniscient. What kind of justification can there be for the belief that there's absolutely nothing you don't know?

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #8
I think invisibility would have to be one of my my wishs. Imagine all the possibilitys. Also invincibility. And possibly super human strength. But the problem with that is you could end up being to powerful and break things/people without intending to.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #9
I'd wish for wisdom for myself, wisdom for others and the ability to fly.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Now, if you are omniscient, you must know that you are omniscient, since this is a fact. This means you have a justified true belief that you are omniscient. What kind of justification can there be for the belief that there's absolutely nothing you don't know?
That's one of the reasons I would use the second wish on sufficient mental strength to keep my sanity. :P

Also, millions of people believe there is nothing they don't know, and they can cope, right?

[ Thursday, September 08, 2005 00:46: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #11
I would go with Aran's set up, except I'd probably reverse the first two (so I don't go insane before I have the chance to wish for sanity), and I'd defer the third for a while until I had a chance to consult my newly omniscient mind to figure out what I really should be wishing for. :)
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #12
I'd wish that SUV's were never invented and never would be, I'd wish to be infinitely good at every psychic skill reported to exist, and I'd wish that my watch could grant an infinite number of wishes to anybody, but only if they wear it.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

I would go with Aran's set up, except I'd probably reverse the first two (so I don't go insane before I have the chance to wish for sanity), and I'd defer the third for a while until I had a chance to consult my newly omniscient mind to figure out what I really should be wishing for. :)
I was assuming they'd be all granted simultaneously.

Your way is as unlikely to work, because nobody with a shred of sanity would wish for omniscience. :P

quote:
Originally written by Eldibs:

I'd wish that SUV's were never invented and never would be, I'd wish to be infinitely good at every psychic skill reported to exist, and I'd wish that my watch could grant an infinite number of wishes to anybody, but only if they wear it.
I'd steal your watch using my omniscience. Somehow. :)

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Frozen Feet:

I'd wish for wisdom for myself, wisdom for others and the ability to fly.
Once you received the wisdom for yourself, you'd be wise enough to realize that you should have just wished for wisdom for everyone instead of blowing two wishes on it.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #15
I would just use one of my infinite wishes to make it unstealable.

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #16
I would wish for a living grandmother, having all SW games (except Geneforge 1, 2 and 3) and I'd like to have my own chickenfarm (as described somewhere on the "My how where we can't get up" topic).

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
quote:

I'd use one of my wishes to make it stealable, and watch the universe explode in mutual contradiction. :P

--------------------
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #18
1. To have psionic ability including, as I practice and experiment with it, the potential to have the full range of psionic abilities that I can conceive and, again through usage, the ability to increase my own psionic energy with no upper limit on the amount I can have.

2. The potential for omniscience with similar conditions to above.

3. The potential for omnipotence with similar conditions to above.

Thus I have everything I want and manage to maintain some sense of accomplishment.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

1. To have psionic ability including, as I practice and experiment with it, the potential to have the full range of psionic abilities that I can conceive and, again through usage, the ability to increase my own psionic energy with no upper limit on the amount I can have.

I am apparently coerced by the post which you made above to wantonly waste one of my most precious three wishes on being able to understand excessively elongated and obfuscatingly convoluted sentence structures.

--------------------
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #20
I think you just wanted an excuse to use the word "obfuscatingly".

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #21
1. Wisdom.

2. Contentment.

3. The ability to heal anyone/everyone through touch.

[ Thursday, September 08, 2005 08:33: Message edited by: Sunset ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #22
World peace, world prosperity, world happiness, and a sandwich.

No, that's four. Okay, ditch world happiness.

Hm. That doesn't include an endless supply of skribbane, either. Or a new rifle. I guess peace and prosperity have to go as well.

—Alorael, who is very sorry. But, well, personal needs come first.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #23
quote:

A free guide to stealing an unstealable watch, using only 3 magic wishes:

1. I wish that nobody else would be able to use magic wishes, or any other form of magic to perform any action that would have a direct or indirect effect on me.

2. I wish that Eldibs' watch would become indestructible and unalterable by anybody other than me.

3. I wish to alter Eldibs' watch to make it grant wishes to me, instead of the wearer.

:P

[ Thursday, September 08, 2005 08:42: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #24
If i had 3 wishes i'd wish some one else would wish my wishes...

--------------------
Everyone likes chickens, that's why we don't have them in stock. Please visit my non-existing webpage for more insignificent info.

Pages