Dream Job...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Dream Job...
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #25
I'd like to be the captain of my own spacefaring battleship with a squad of mobile suits. And my own custom MS of course.

But practically? I dream of being a game designer. With my own company.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #26
I wouldn't mind being a highway patrolman in the USA. I don't think I can even get not being born in the states but it would still be really good. I mean, zipping around on a bike all day and gettting $80,000 a year, and my friends cousin does it and has never had to pull out a weapon and has done it for 2 years. But, because of not being a US citizen I will have to settle for NZ Army which is far more physical and get only $17,000 a year and have to pay for accomodation and food (although it is subsidised).
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #27
Being a musician is too popular with you guys, so that's out the window...

I want to be a film director/writer. That's always appealed to me. Or, like Alorael rightly mentioned, an animate, literate, and speaking vegetable would be good.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #28
I'd be a maths teacher. No, I'm not joking.

Edit: Wow, I'm finally past 200 posts.

[ Saturday, July 23, 2005 14:16: Message edited by: The Stew Boy ]
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #29
I don't know what my dream job would be, but I know that it wouldn't be my current one.

PS Some people said that they want to be professional students, but that's a lifestyle, rather than a job. :) I know a guy who is a 13th!!! year grad student. He has a part time job and spends the rest of his time having fun and [not]working on his dissertation.

Ben, you can easily do all 3 simultaneously, because most astronomers are college professors and they need to know programming for processing data they get from telescopes.

[ Monday, July 25, 2005 11:52: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by demonslaeyr:

God.
God? Why god! Everyone who believs in you blames you all kinds off terrible things you apparently wanted to happen, like bombings and the like! You also have an enormous pressure at work. controlling all kinds of things: weather, destiny, and more of these things.

No, i'd not want to be god. I'd like to be..... I don't know.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin.:

quote:
Originally written by Drew:

Professional university student.

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #32
If you're God, you have absolutely no incentive to listen to the whiners. Drop some avian flu on them if they're really irking you. One thing's for certain. The perks are top-notch and you can't have better job security.

—Alorael, who still wouldn't want to be God. He doesn't have the patience to create or even maintain anything properly. He'd end up with half-baked laws of physics and then scrap the whole thing and start again.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #33
quote:
Originally written by Semihemidemicanadian:

He doesn't have the patience to create or even maintain anything properly. He'd end up with half-baked laws of physics and then scrap the whole thing and start again.
Sounds to me like you are laying forth the groundwork for candidacy.

*this message sponsored by SoT - official investigator of partially cooked physics*
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #34
I'm usually reluctant to be any kind of leader.

That and trying to overtake God is a very fruitless endeavour and also a position that you could not improve.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #35
There is nothing wrong with telling people what to do. It is kind of fun. It is the administrative part of leadership that is a pain in the ass, scheduling, meeting prep, etc. which is why I am not into leadership.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 4267
Profile Homepage #36
All outlets for my artistic abilities, and drive.
A singer, for a band, perhaps a lyricists.
An artist, both serial [as in graphic novels], and more esoteric work.
A writer.
The Creative director for a gaming company. [I view games as a more interactive form of storytelling.]

--------------------
If everyone would just forgive someone else, so much pain would be taken off of all of our shoulders... but as tenderness is a virtue it is also a failing, any who would do such a thing usually fall to those who wouldn't. - Ezrah
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by ben XIII:

That and trying to overtake God is a very fruitless endeavour and also a position that you could not improve.
Fruitless so far, but they said man would never fly, never reach the moon, never be free of smallpox...

[Edi"t: qu"otes "are n"o"t my fr"i"e"nds!"]"

—Alorael, who also disagrees about needing to do better to be qualified. Whether or not you think God is on top of things (everything, really), there's no reason why He can't be replaced. It happens all the time in less celestial bureaucracies!

[ Monday, July 25, 2005 16:47: Message edited by: Semihemidemicanadian ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 313
Profile Homepage #38
street pharmaceutics

--------------------
finally, a superhero we can trust...
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #39
Computer game tester.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #40
I withdraw my sponsorship of the above message by Jumpin' Salmon, now that steroids have shown up in its urine. This does not affect my ongoing sponsorship negotiations with other posts by Jumpin' Salmon, which remain innocent until potentially tainted with scandal that might adversely affect my brand image.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00

Pages