RPGs

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: RPGs
Warrior
Member # 5389
Profile #75
The main thing that Avernum 2 does better than Avernum 1 is the quest list. Handiest thing ever, I'm glad they kept it.

Another good computer game is Escape Velocity (and EV Nova).

--------------------
Reports of my demise are extremely accurate. And I AM the clone
Apprentice
Member # 6157
Profile #76
I would have to say the Avernum series and Final Fantasy series are my favorites. I like Chrono Cross, but I've never actually played Chrono Trigger. Is it good?

--------------------
Me+Dark Wyrms=Pwned
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #77
Oops wrong area.

[ Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:10: Message edited by: I'll Steal Your Toast ]

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #78
Judging by my limited playing experience and somewhat less limited reading experience of Chrono Cross, it is neither similar to nor heavily based on Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger is much closer to the Final Fantasies before 7, and tends to get rated quite highly.

—Alorael, who likes it himself. It's not huge, deeply complex, or thought-provoking, but it's good fun.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #79
Final Fantasy VIII? That game was so horribly, horribly lame. You can't possibly compare it to the other FF games (and if you read up online, you will find that most agree with me.) I could go on forveer on how many flaws it had, but I will just stop here and entitle you to your own oppinion.

Edit: And yeah, Escape Velocity is a good-time classic.

[ Thursday, July 28, 2005 16:04: Message edited by: Contra ]

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #80
Like I said, I think it's just because I played it first so it is what I'm used to. The other ways just seem wierd. And that card game was brilliant.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #81
I found a working download for TaskMaker, and it is the game I was thinking of. I was thinking about this game every now and then for a long time, so I'm very happy to be able to play it again :)

Edit: It's a demo version, so one can only enter three towns. Since the company no longer exists it can't be registered, oh well it was still nice to see it agian.

[ Friday, July 29, 2005 19:15: Message edited by: Zaiu ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #82
Avernum/Geneforge/Diablo series.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #83
Diablo II was good, but 1 didnt appeal to me at all.

Pages