It is that time of the month again

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: It is that time of the month again
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #0
Actually, it isn't yet; not for another 2 days. But my schedule is very tight right now, so I need to do it a little earlier.

If you're new to this, here's how it works: Each month (around the 17th), I use a script to list all postcounts here. Then, I find the differences to last month, calculate some averages, and make a Top Ten list. :)

A warm welcome to the 147 new members who have registered (5 per day), especially to the 91 of you who posted. Together with the 232 older members who posted, this brings our active community core to 325, from last months 262! 325 is still not quite the number we had two months ago, but the boards seem to have recovered from the small hiatus in April.

On with the other numbers. A total of 7267 posts have been made since the last count (251 per day), as opposed to last month's 4723. With a daily mean of 251 posts, this is the highest yet!

Also, the average per member is now 22.4, which is higher than the last two months. So not only have more people registered and more people posted, each member has been more active as well.

Altogether, this means .77 per member per day.

Finally, here go the highscores!

1. 5437 Dolphin (+371)2. 869 Thuryl (+338)3. 4614 Ben (+337)4. 3431 Student of Trinity (+284)5. 4045 Kelandon (+275)6. 5450 Spring (+272)7. 4 Terror's Martyr (+198)8. 4506 Archmage Micael (+190)9. 2984 Arancaytar (+179)10. 4233 Andrew Miller (+175)As usual, the complete list of active members can be found here.
Dolphin, who said she'd "made a conscious effort to cut back on the BS" ( :P ) has rocketed to number one, displacing Thuryl. Ben, former number 9, is now at third place, while Spring has dropped to 6th. I've dropped to 9th (a result of the increasing stress over here, as well as upcoming exams), and will be gone from the list entirely by next month (not the active member list though; after all, I posted this, which gives me at least one post in next month's count!). Alorael is off the stage at place 14. However, since Drakefyre posts even less, it will be some time yet before he loses his top poster position.
Special mention is given to Mystery Man, who has accomplished the impossible by losing 943 posts (not counting the ones between the last count and the board crash). For obvious reasons, this has been rectified in the total statistic.

[ Wednesday, June 15, 2005 05:16: Message edited by: 2984 ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperment, and his superior intellect." --- ben
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #1
Your complete list link doesn't work for me.

EDIT: I see you fixed it.

EDIT2: Congrats Aran.

[ Wednesday, June 15, 2005 05:35: Message edited by: An Upright stranger ]

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
Screw US/UK spelling differences. The folder is spelled "endeavor", and I linked to "endeavour". :rolleyes:

Edit: And polarisboard is not a dotcom.

Edit:

Moved 3000 images here.

IMAGE(http://www.fairradio.com/lw-3000.jpg) IMAGE(http://ground.ecn.uiowa.edu/apple2/Misc/laser.3000.A2.CLONE.GIF)
IMAGE(http://www.darkhorizons.com/2004/mr3000/p-3000.jpg)

Just didn't remember to start a new topic, just like for 2000, just like for 1000. I'll definitely remember next time round. :P

[ Wednesday, June 15, 2005 05:40: Message edited by: 2984 ]

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperment, and his superior intellect." --- ben
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #3
A subtle change in my moniker to celebrate my arrival in the top 10. Alas, the board won't let me just be "Andrew." Hopefully my nickname will still make me recognizable.

EDIT: Oh, and happy 3000th post, Aran! :)

IMAGE(http://www.painstick.com/Graphics/MST3K%20Spotlight/blue_mst_globe.jpg)

[ Wednesday, June 15, 2005 05:30: Message edited by: Drew ]
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #4
Well now I'm just going to have to try harder. It's bad enough everyone has already forgotten me entirely...

P.S. Never give a topic this name again...

[ Wednesday, June 15, 2005 06:33: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

P.S. Never give a topic this name again...
Can I ask why?

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
:eek: No! I wanted to stay below Thuryl.

Congratulations Aran, on such a grand number. :)

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #7
Well if you haven't heard the expression before it's probably best that I don't explain it. It was more of a joke really.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #8
Congratulations, Dolphin. Same to you, Aran. I would put something in here, about that I really should raise up my post count and teach all you young 'uns a lesson, but I think getting canned once, was enough. :P

Who knows? Maybe I could do it, without actually spamming? On second thoughts... naaaah. :P

Aran, it's something that I'd be surprised if you were intimately familiar with. Let's just say... it's a natural cycle, relating to the female reproduction system.

But who could forget you, Lt. Sullust? Apart from too many people? :P

[ Wednesday, June 15, 2005 07:33: Message edited by: Amitiel ]

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #9
Ah crap, the newb beat me to 3000.

:P

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by A Tail of Many Stripes:

Why does Thuryl always get all the love?
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #11
First check the picture in his profile. Then know that due to his talent in his chosen vocation, he's likely to be wealthy, one day soon. Then realise why that might've been a silly question and stop questioning that man-beast. :P

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #12
Did that come out wrong? I meant on the list.

Oh, and wealth is of little importance.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Turumby:

quote:

Why does Thuryl always get all the love?

Don't worry, Sara, everything will be okay.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #14
Congrats to Aran on his post count and to Dolphin on being the biggest spa... uh, I mean contributing member. :) Also thanks to Thuryl, Ben, SoT, Kel, Spring, TM, AM, Aran and AM for providing me with a lot of posts to read while I am bored at work.

As for my count of 76 posts in 15 days, I really should stop making useless posts in General. Oh, wait I am about to make one more... No! Must... not... press... Add Reply... :)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #15
quote:

Did that come out wrong? I meant on the list.

Oh, and wealth is of little importance.

I guess you could argue that it's just because of his charm and all-round niceness, but where's the fun in that? :P

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
The spam will rise again!

That is all.

—Alorael, who would like to know what happened to the good old days when someone who posted a lot was just a spammer. Now people are posting and everyone actually has to read the stuff! Honestly, this really must stop. Someone dig up SM?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #17
So close to 10th. Well not really 20 away or so. :( :( :(

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Icon:

The spam will rise again!

That is all.

I agree. Over the years I went from multipage RP posts to one liners :D

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #19
One liners are good.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Amitiel:

Aran, it's something that I'd be surprised if you were intimately familiar with. Let's just say... it's a natural cycle, relating to the female reproduction system.

I expected nothing else.

quote:
below Thuryl
^____^

Sorry.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #21
So, I've managed to sink all the way down to #42, eh? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, as I really don't have much time at all to visit nowadays. I still remember the days when I was a perrenial top-10 poster. Ah, for a return to the prominence of my earlier days here...

Thinking on it, though, I came to the forefront largely due to my penchant for cutting remarks and extremely thorough community research.

As there's little left to research, and less and less of a desire in me to cut people down, I've understandably sunk into relative insignificance. Well, I suppose I'd say I'm proud of my ever-growing maturity, and not so regretful of my decreased community importance as a result. Besides, I'll always have the ferrets. :P

EDIT: Oh, and congratulations, Aran.

[ Wednesday, June 15, 2005 11:48: Message edited by: Stugri-La ]

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #22
YAY, I'm Lucky 13. I'm so proud of myself; I went from 141 to 13, which is pretty cool or lame, whatever works. Congratulations again dolphin (i knew you were going to be #1), and congratulations to you Aran (I've always believed in you).

[ Wednesday, June 15, 2005 11:44: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #23
I had an exam yesterday and I have another tomorrow. This is ludicrous. I shouldn't even be reading these forums right now. And yet I still post.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #24
IMAGE(http://www.citypaper.net/articles/020702/pics/big/cs.ludacris.jpg)

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00

Pages