It is that time of the month again

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: It is that time of the month again
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #100
I guess you mean Aussie Rules. We get only AFL highlights here, and the Footy Show, which is crap.

I was just wondering if Australians who know Union care about the Lions tour.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #101
Hey, congrats on 1000! You're about the most casual person I've seen on reaching the number. You're supposed to start a congratulatory topic and everything... ;) :D

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #102
I'm always confusing Union with League, and I catch hell from both camps for it.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #103
Woah man, it's like you don't even watch tv (I'm not giving you hell for it though).

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #104
quote:
Originally written by stranger:

Woah man, it's like you don't even watch tv.
Well, I don't. :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #105
I don't watch much TV, but you're overlooking the fact that Canberra isn't as Rugby-crazy as the land of the long white cloud. Other parts of Australia are, particularly up north, but here we've got a roughly 50/50 split of Rugby and Aussie Rules fans (League probably being the more prevalent of the Rugby codes, but as mentioned earlier, I have trouble discerning between them). We probably don't get bombarded with it as much as you do.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #106
QLD is mad about Rugby, which is understandable since they only have one AFL team in the state. I'm going up there later on this year (September) and might tag along to a Rugby match just for the sake of it.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #107
If up north is rugby crazy, I wonder why they didn't bid for a Super 14 team.

Oh, how much does the top AFL player get paid? Just to compare to league and Union.

--------------------

Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #108
The only thing more boring than sports is foreign sports.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #109
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

The only thing more boring than sports is foreign sports.
...or sweeping, unqualifiable statements of opinion.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #110
So close yet so far. Iguess 16 posts won't EVER get me ranked in the top ten.

Someone should grade on length of posts (get rid of those silly one-liners) or intelligence (whoops, gets rid of me - better re-think this)
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #111
SPAM!!

(working the numbers game)
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #112
Maybe a look at the Code of Conduct would be helpful, fatman?

—Alorael, who highly recommends it. The least one can do to demonstrate one's moderatorial competence is obey the rules of the forum one intends to moderate.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #113
quote:
Originally written by My Multiplexities:

Maybe a look at the Code of Conduct would be helpful, fatman?

—Alorael, who highly recommends it. The least one can do to demonstrate one's moderatorial competence is obey the rules of the forum one intends to moderate.

At least for candidates. Once appointed, the rules become more what you'd call guidelines. :P

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #114
quote:
From the CoCWhat constitutes a major infraction for a member:

+ Faulty accusation of a member or moderator, including calling for the leaving or banning of a member that is innocent of infraction.

Watch yer words, sonny!

—Alorael, who believes Arancaytar should be banned for accusing moderators in general (and in General, ha!) of being corrupt and evil. WIthout the military might to back that up, you're just asking for trouble.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #115
quote:

Oh, how much does the top AFL player get paid? Just to compare to league and Union.

Population might be the answer. Doesn't QLD have a Super 12/14 team anyway, though?

Not sure exactly how much AFL players get paid. For the superstars, probably something around $800,000 a year.

And Spring, you have your cause and effect mixed up. They don't follow Rugby because they have no footy, they have no footy because they follow Rugby. AFL is generally disdainfully referred to as 'aerial ping-pong' up there.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #116
quote:

Watch yer words, sonny!

—Alorael, who believes Arancaytar should be banned for accusing moderators in general (and in General, ha!) of being corrupt and evil. WIthout the military might to back that up, you're just asking for trouble.

This is exactly the kind of rutheless opression of our democratic freedoms against which EVOL party is fighting. This sort of blatant disregard for our civil rights can not go unpunished! Here is how EVOL is planning to stop these abuses of power from continuing in the future:

We will protect the members from excesses of non-EVOL moderators by locking them away in a small cellar with a lifetime supply of scribbane.

For more information on our platform, visit EVOL campaign page

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #117
quote:
We will protect the members from excesses of non-EVOL moderators by locking them away in a small cellar with a lifetime supply of scribbane.
A new dominating force perhaps?

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #118
There will be no dominant force in our perfect society. Everybody will have all the democratic rights and freedoms sacredly enshrined in our constitution. Every member will be equal, with no discrimination based on age, position, connections, or number of tentacles. Anybody who attempts to infringe upon the rights of another member will be sent to a "treatment program" described in one of my other posts.

[ Tuesday, June 21, 2005 15:43: Message edited by: EVOL Zeviz ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #119
AND THEN EVOL WITH OVERTAKE THE WORLD!!1!!11!1

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #120
quote:

"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple." -Oscar Wilde

EDIT: Added Quote Bold.

[ Tuesday, June 21, 2005 16:06: Message edited by: Eagle, the author soul ]

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #121
Basically, you're going to create your own oppressive regime and hope that by the time anyone notices, it'll be too late? ;)

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #122
There is absolutely nothing oppressive about the system that we are promoting. In fact, that system would be the purest form of society based on the principles of freedom, democracy and equality. It would remove all forms of intimidation and oppression. There would be no bullying, no flaming, no abuse of power. Everybody would live together in perfect harmony.

The harmony would be so perfect that even banning and topic locking would become unnecessary and could be safely abolished. Here are some examples from our party platform:

We will completely abolish the outdated and morally bankrupt practice of banning and replace it with the more humane punishment of sending a hit man to break offender's fingers.

We will abolish the practice of locking topics, which is one of the greatest offences against our god-given right of free speech. Instead, we will introduce newly modified auto-censor, which will prevent members from posting anything that could be deemed offensive by any other member.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #123
quote:

quote:
From the CoCWhat constitutes a major infraction for a member:

+ Faulty accusation of a member or moderator, including calling for the leaving or banning of a member that is innocent of infraction.

Watch yer words, sonny!

Ha! Oppressive, powerhungry despots, that's all you are! Ban me if you dare, history will vindicate me! Vivat la revolution! :P

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #124
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

quote:

Population might be the answer. Doesn't QLD have a Super 12/14 team anyway, though?

Not sure exactly how much AFL players get paid. For the superstars, probably something around $800,000 a year.

I didn't know that QLD qualified as up north, sorry.

800k! Woah! The top All Blacks get ~500k from all competitions. Man, is AFL the way to go or what! AFL must have a good salary to population-who-play-the-game ratio.

[ Wednesday, June 22, 2005 02:32: Message edited by: stranger ]

--------------------

Pages