Michael Jackson Walks free...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Michael Jackson Walks free...
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
What?

That's just wrong:

http://channels.aolsvc.co.uk/news/article.adp?id=20050614105909990009

http://channels.aolsvc.co.uk/news/article.adp?id=20050614105909990009

Jackson walks free! I mean, am I the only one who think that's sick?

I mean, he even admits he was fiddling children! And he still gets away with it!

quote:
Basking in the jurors' decision to acquit his client of all counts, Michael Jackson's lawyer said the singer will no longer share his bed with young boys.
So I've made this simple Poll. Did you expect this, and did you want this to happen.

Also, I'd like to hear any other opinions on that pervert Michael Jackson.

- Archmagi Micael

P.S. As you may have noticed, I seriously don't like this bloke. If you do like him, don't take it personally.

[ Tuesday, June 14, 2005 09:34: Message edited by: The Archmagi ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 26 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=RtNfJYmGhGYp"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=RtNfJYmGhGYp"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #1
I didn't follow the trial so I decided not to vote at all. What a shame (I support democracy).

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #2
I hope they jail him or shoot him or remove some vital body parts needed for 'fiddling' with children or anybody at all do I make myself perfectly clear ?

My mother said Michael jackson is A perverted and messed up man and that she despised him and she has never ever said anything like that before ever !

--------------------
Why are you reading this ?
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
I am moving away from home after summer even though I am 15 yo.
I've been meaning to ask you about this. How?

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #4
Some say that he is just mentally a child, or has platonic love for them, but I'm not too certain of that. I'd rather not be too judgmental about him, but that verdict was surprising. There would likely be a different outcome if he were just some random person.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by The Archmagi:

Michael Jackson Walks free…
You're saying that Michael Jackson deserves to be imprisoned for his entire life for this mediocre crime? The adolescents might be traumatized years later, but there was no compulsion.

[ Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:05: Message edited by: Inferior ]
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Inferior:

quote:

You're saying that Michael Jackson deserves to be imprisoned for his entire life for this mediocre crime? The adolescents might be traumatized years later, but there was no compulsion.

If he raped you (not that there's any 'legitimate' proof), would you want him to just walk free, or would you want him to be punished for his mis-deeds?

And is it really such a "mediocre" CRIME?

- Archmagi Micael

P.S. I said that I wouldn't hold anything against any of his supporters, so I won't reply with something really nasty about him.

[ Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:10: Message edited by: The Archmagi ]

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Inferior:

quote:

I will be kind and not get too involved in this, as I will likely be overly rude to someone who disregards the feelings of a child who has been harmed. Child molestation is not a "mediocre crime", and can be very traumatizing.

--------------------
Nena
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
Were you following the case? He clearly did not "fiddle" any of the children in question. God knows he's problemed in many ways and needs therapy but badly, but he couldn't have been jailed by a responsible judge.

Mind you, I'm not biased in any way whatsoever.

(Honestly, I think he was saved by his white skin more than anything else.)

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #9
Inferior's statement sounds like it was supposed to be a sarcastic comment on outcome of the trial.

As for the trial itself, all these celebrity trials are just media shows anyway. Figuring out the truth is difficult enough under normal circumstances and with hundreds of reporters camping outside the courtroom it's completely impossible.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #10
quote:

quote:
I am moving away from home after summer even though I am 15 yo.
I've been meaning to ask you about this. How?

- Archmagi Micael

A very good question. I managed to convince our municipal to pay for an appartment where 2 other people will live together with me in 3 years. In sweden it's legalised to move out before being of age 18.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #11
A poorly written poll. Choosing any of the answers is like trying to answer the question "Have you told your parents that you're gay yet?" as a straight person.

I like Michael Jackson's early stuff, but I think he has serious emotional problems. However, it seemed evident to me that the plaintiffs were trying to take advantage of a vulnerable man, and their story was not consistent.

Ultimately, I think that everyone got what they deserved: the money-grubbing plaintiffs didn't get squat, and Michael Jackson had enough of his dirty laundry aired to have learned to reform his ways, which were certainly very bizarre, if not skirting the edge of legality.

[ Tuesday, June 14, 2005 10:47: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #12
quote:

If he raped you (not that there's any 'legitimate' proof), would you want him to just walk free, or would you want him to be punished for his mis-deeds?
If there was force, I sincerely apologise for my ignorance.

quote:
Originally written by A Tail of Many Stripes:

I will be kind and not get too involved in this, as I will likely be overly rude…
That sentence, showing the irresistible urge to offend me, is also rude.
Apprentice
Member # 5881
Profile #13
I think the defending lawyer & Michael Jackson have a weak defense. Plus MJ should be put in the slammer/prison for good on the charges. Not to mention, it was not a fair trial for the plantiffs when 8 out of 12 jurors are MJ's fans. A jury should not be sympathetic for either side except on the charges. The plantiffs were clearly not after the money like the other lawsuits that were brought up long ago.

If you were convicted as a normal civilian in court for molestation, you would be forced to register as a s** offender. He was given too much special treatment than other people would get. If I was the plantiffs, I would be arguing on the bias that MJ was given too many special treatments.Call me a fool or whatever, but justice has been getting corrupted by celebrities,fans, etc..over the years. When cases were brought up in a Teen Court, I was a juror deciding rather or not if the person is guilty or not. Plus on what punishments should be given. What the jury in MJ's case done was waste time on thinking as to why they should convict their fav singer to an uknown person's accusation.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
Michael Jackson is a very creepy and very probably unhealthy man, but the evidence of his criminality is so shaky that any other verdict would have been a gross miscarriage of justice. A horrible accusation againts an easy target do not a statement of fact make.

—Alorael, who is disgusted by everyone who assumes Jackson's guilt simply because he is, quite frankly, a disturbing individual. If you ignore the accused and just examine the evidence, the entire case was a farce.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #15
Innocent until proven guilty. And he was acquitted.

I don't deny that Michael Jackson is a strange person, but I don't think that he was guilty, either. The jury was not made up of people who were obsessive fans - R. Kelly is my favorite artist, but in the presence of solid evidence linking him to a sex offense, I wouldn't hesitate to convict him.

The evidence the prosecution presented was just too flimsy, the mother's testimony worked into the hands of the defense, and Michael justly went free.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #16
If it wasn't for the blatant bias on this topic starter and poll, I would have left this one to whatever bickering it might have come to. In this case, however:

There was no actual proof that he committed those crimes. Even if 8 out of 12 of the jury were his fans, that's still not enough to get anything but a mistrial, if the others had any shred of doubt.

Where did he admit to molesting children?

The child that he was supposed to have seriously molested has been involved in this sort of lawsuit, before, a few years ago. While that is not a mitigator that the testimony of that individual should not be taken into account, it should at least be considered.

quote:
If there is no proof, only hearsay and biased testimony, then it would be a crime, in itself to convict. In that case, it does not matter one little bit if it happened or not, because it would be against the very justice system to convict, without any evidence.

No offence to people here, but even if such an act has occured, you cannot convict on such flimsy evidence. And if there was evidence to convict, he would go to prison. Unless you wish to promote a message that barbarianism is rife in one of the world's most "civilised" countries, then that is how it is and that is how it should be.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #17
Barbarism is rife in one of the world's most "uncivilised" countries.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #18
I saw this on the internet:
quote:
Michael Jackson's lawyer said Tuesday he is convinced that the pop star "has never molested any child," but the singer will no longer let children sleep in his room.
The full article is here. If he was molesting children before, it doesn't look like he will be anymore.

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #19
You realise that that could just be referring to his own children?

Well aware, VCH, but it's nice to be civil. I would just prefer if some common sense and good judgement could overcome such... wasteful emotions, sometimes.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #20
If 12 men and women, competent to make a fair decision based on the facts presented to them, can agree that he's not guilty of the crimes of which he is accused, then he is not guilty. Unless you can think of a reasonable argument why your prejudices trumps the entire corpus of law, might I advise that you adopt rationality?

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #21
I couldn't have cared less about this trial or the verdict that the jury arrived at, but I do feel that some of those who have posted above could stand to gain a bit of understanding and empathy for others. Jackson suffered substantial amounts of verbal and physical abuse throughout his largely nonexistent childhood. If he truly is a child abuser, his past by no means exonerates him of his crimes, but certainly it's a plausible explanation for his general kookiness.

[ Tuesday, June 14, 2005 14:01: Message edited by: This Glass Is Half Stugie ]

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #22
If you still choose to ignore the decision made by the judge and jury, make an economic decision that reflects your disapproval of MJ. Complaining about the results of a trial that you didn't participate in does a disservice to the system in place, and casts doubt on the trustworthiness of the judicial system.
I may be wrong, but I think that if the judge had seen something that made the "not guilty" jury verdict to be wrong (ie. they ignored orders or evidence) then he/she could have overturned the verdict immediately. Therefore, since the judge didn't complain, who am I to complain? I'll just keep on not buying his stuff.

And BTW, for the MJ fans out there, I heard that some box set he put out recently only sold like 50,000 copies. That means it has an inherent rareity which a person might be able to capitalize upon...
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #23
I don't don't know what he did or didn't do, nor do I care. He is very unusual, which causes some people to instantly pass judgment. His guilt or innocence should not be based on how he looks. What is interesting is that the jury heard the children's testimonies and decided them untrue. That's not to say they are or are not true, but rather that such things used to be considered evidence (or perhaps I am mistaken).

My general outlook on him is that it was unwise to go on TV and say "I like sharing my bed with children, it's the most loving thing you can do." and several other comments of that nature. Even if he is completely innocent of any wrongdoing people tend misconstrue such comments.

--------------------
Nena
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #24
Jackson is clearly broken in the head and quite creepy. Sure, I wouldn't put it past him to molest children, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it happened.

I don't have all the facts, and the jury presumably had as many as were available, so I'll go by their decision.

And I really hope I don't have to hear anything more about it on the news. The starting of the trial is a valid news story, the verdict is a valid news story, but the updates every couple of days were ridiculous (especially considering it wasn't even happening in my country). "Accuser glares at Jackson" is not a valid news story.

[ Tuesday, June 14, 2005 15:08: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.

Pages