The games people play

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The games people play
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #0
I spent some time tonight idly playing carmageddon2 and wondered what [computer] games everyone else plays. Not a huge list, just your favorites. Myself, beyond the mindnumbing Win-card games, and A3,E3,BoA, it is the above mentioned game.

Its not that I would enjoy running over people in real life, despite them asking for it. I just get so sick of people sometimes and it seems like a good venting method. And since it is a 16-bit program, it only works for about 20 minutes and then crashes. It's like a built in time limit to prevent me sinking into some glazed over homicidal state. Like rush hour. :mad:
So list 'em. Or ignore the topic completely. Or post something about how you hate driving. Just nothing about SW games, cuz I think we all know them and (at least) like them.
:)
Edit - 1st general topic ever, its taken slightly over a month for a thought to enter my skull. This might be a new personal best...
Edit2- Obviously not a fully formed thought, added the limitation of [computer], hopefully preventing the discussion of non-computer games like beer pong.

[ Thursday, June 02, 2005 22:45: Message edited by: Smoked Salmon ]
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #1
Driving a paddock bomb has its merits, as you can crash it and than run off. Driving games are even better, as you don't have any pain when you crash.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #2
I'm playing vietcong, dungeon keeper and Battlefield 1942
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Age of Empires II, the Empire Earth demo (though on my PC, that equates less to 'playing' than to 'waiting for a few minutes every time I move the mouse a little' :rolleyes: ), occasionally Escape Velocity Nova.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #4
I've spent most of my time lately playing Yendor 3. And I'm loving it, believe it or not you mcfancypants with your 'new' games and 'great graphics' and lots of killing or plans of killing...

Also, the first two Final Fantasys. Or fantasies, however you want to put it.

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #5
For stress relief, it's all about Dynasty Warriors 3. There's nothing quite like slaughtering thousands of digital soldiers with a character wielding a fan to take the edge off.

[ Friday, June 03, 2005 05:44: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #6
Neverwinter Nights mostly.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #7
My three-year-old daughter constantly asks me to play Pangea Software's 'Ottomatic', which she knows as 'the robot game'. It's a first-person-shooter, but not a very difficult or graphically violent one, and pretty hilarious in its pitch-perfect representation of all the stock elements from golden-age sci fi. I like it a lot myself, because it is fun to look at, and has a lot of different things happen in it. The only example I know of FPS as art.

Fun at a similarly painless level is the same company's Cro-Mag Rally. These are both pretty old Mac shareware games that you can download and try.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 5362
Profile #8
Age of mythology
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #9
I played through MoH:Frontline last night so I am not sure what to play now. I mostly prefer intelectual games or games that requires tactics/strategies. I will probably play Graal Online.

By the way, I am a game creator (Not a programmer yet, but I am working on it! :D ) and have made one bigger game yet. It took me one year and I am already on to the follow-up that will be much better. In fact you can download a graphic test on my download page already. :D

If you don't already know, the link to my website is:
http://www.eagleworld.tk

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #10
I'm playing BoE now. It has always crashed my computer as soon as I go into the character editor, but lately it hasn't. *Crosses fingers*

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #11
At the moment the Combat Mission games and the demo of Supreme Ruler 2010. I've also played a lot of Crusader Kings in the past few months and will no doubt return to it soon.

I'm also playing a fair bit of Minesweeper and Freecell because though they are, objectively speaking, pretty tedious, revision makes anything else seem so much more diverting.

EDIT: I seem to be distressingly incapable of typing a hyperlink out correctly.

[ Friday, June 03, 2005 12:02: Message edited by: Anthrax Laced Sugar Lumps ]

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #12
Reading this thread's title made me think of the Spinners.

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #13
Pacman, Sims 2, Geneforge 3, and SubTerra.

Edit: And Sony of course

[ Friday, June 03, 2005 15:41: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Warrior
Member # 5822
Profile #14
i play age of mythology and empires never winter nights and sinjid sotw

--------------------
who knows what darkness lurks in the hearts of men? the shadow knows
ninjas are so better than pirates
homerun
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #15
I used to play Warcraft 3 a lot, and also occasionally Nanosaur 2, where you are a pterodactyl and basically fly around and shoot dinosaurs and robots, and Marbleblast gold, where you make this marble roll around on different levels which are basically big obstacle courses and try to get all the gems before the time limit without falling off the course, which is on a platform suspended in the air. However, I haven't been playing computer games much, since I got the Zodiac (a mobile game system that runs on Palm OS) I just play games on that.

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #16
I'm currently replaying Elder scrolls III: Morrowind. That game is brilliant. I am looking foreward to Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #17
Spinners. Huh. A google turned up the Lowell Spinners, farm team for my Red Sox. And a book.

What spinners are you referencing?
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #18
Not playing games. Posting here. :P

Well, actually I've been playing whatever I can get to work as far as our programming goes as well as Donkey Kong Country 2 and NBA Live 2003, but I also have AoE 2 and like it much. It's a good game.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Apprentice
Member # 313
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

I'm currently replaying Elder scrolls III: Morrowind. That game is brilliant.
is that the PC game??..im considering getting it, how is it?

me im still playing GTA:San Andreas

--------------------
finally, a superhero we can trust...
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #20
I'm so sick of that game now. San Andreas was to easy, and now I wonder why I purchsed it.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Averman:

quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

I'm currently replaying Elder scrolls III: Morrowind. That game is brilliant.
is that the PC game??..im considering getting it, how is it?

Er...Read the "That game is brilliant." part.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #22
I play IVAN, ADoM, Nethack, Zangband... well, basically any roguelikes around. Including Diablo.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #23
AoE 2 Gold
AoM Gold
Demsie : Rise of the Ku'tan
SE:IV Gold
SE:S
GF2
GF3 Demo
BoA
Exile 3
Avernum 3
Star Trek Elite Force 1 & 2 (it's sometimes fun to play 1 again. I've only won it like a million times)
Wing Commander : Prophecy

And also probably a few others I've forgotten.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Frozen Feet:

I play IVAN, ADoM, Nethack, Zangband... well, basically any roguelikes around. Including Diablo.
IVAN, hmm? Did you get it from the new MB cd? I've played it a bit too, except I suck at it. A lot. Fun game though, and even more interesting the further you get. I wish I didn't need to cheat to advance, but when one is not able, one is simply not.

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?

Pages