How Old Are You?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: How Old Are You?
Warrior
Member # 5343
Profile #0
How old are you?
I am 13

[ Friday, June 03, 2005 01:43: Message edited by: Kaos ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 50 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=qWzNLbLCQEty"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=qWzNLbLCQEty"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Mu Ha Ha Ha
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #1
Since many people already answered this in the “who are you” poll, this question is somewhat redundant, and I am 21.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #2

So very close to being legal!

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #3

Already legal
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #4
Legal for what?

In Kentucky, 16 is "legal."
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5

Legal for smoking and drinking, but not driving.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #6
Legal for what indeed. Here drinking and gambling age is 21, but at 18 one can vote and is no longer jailbait.

[ Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:08: Message edited by: Dolphin ]

--------------------
Nena
Warrior
Member # 5823
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Legal for smoking and drinking, but not driving.

Legal for driving, but not smoking and drinking.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #8
I will be 21 on Saturday, and it'll be my first birthday in years that I've even remotely cared about. I'm positively ecstatic just thinking about it. Some pals of mine are hosting a party for me back on campus, and I'll be heading down there Friday night. Wish me luck on surviving the weekend. :P

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #9
Here, 18 is legal for sex.

As in, you are an adult, and if you should happen to be caught with your friend's mom, she wouldn't be jailed.

16 for driving and some weird "consent" law.

17 gets nothing special.

21 for drinking.

18 for sex, cigarettes, voting.

[ Tuesday, May 31, 2005 16:23: Message edited by: secondwind ]

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #10
Well, in New York (USA).

16 legal to get the driver's permit
18 legal to vote, driving,smoking, and no longer jailbait
21 legal to drink

Though I grew up in Dom. Rep. where 18 years is the legal age to drink, smoke, drive, and vote. Nevertheless, you can do it all if you look 16.

Edit: fixed smoking age

[ Tuesday, May 31, 2005 14:17: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #11
I thought smoking was 18 all across the US.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

I thought smoking was 18 all across the US.
It is, I fixed it.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #13
Old enough to know better. ;)

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #14
I'm getting my driver's license Friday. At 15. I kinda like Montana. However, as weird as it may seem, I'm not particualarly looking forward to 18 and 21.

[ Tuesday, May 31, 2005 15:31: Message edited by: 4.808 x 10^3 ]

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #15

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #16

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #17
13. I am a youngster, I know.

In Victoria, 16 is the legal age to have sex. Its also the age that you can drink, but 18 is when you can buy it/drink in a public place and also the smoking age.

A lot of people drink at my age, though.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Warrior
Member # 37
Profile #18
Seventeen, eighteen in September.
Ha, ha, I remember when I discovered Spiderweb around when I was twelve.

--------------------
{Tempus} jack thompson? ppl actually admire that freak?
{@Fanateeq72802} Not everyone disagrees with him.
{+iris} Someone should send him a few of the more steamy Japanese dating sim games. His head would explode.
{@Fanateeq72802} And I'd laugh. Hard.
{Tempus} im on it. brb
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by This Glass Is Half Stugie:

I will be 21 on Saturday, and it'll be my first birthday in years that I've even remotely cared about. I'm positively ecstatic just thinking about it. Some pals of mine are hosting a party for me back on campus, and I'll be heading down there Friday night. Wish me luck on surviving the weekend. :P
Best of luck. Remember: there's no shame in purging if you have to. Better not to allow the alcohol to enter your system in the first place than to risk alcohol poisoning.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #20
My brother once persuaded a badly intoxicated guy he met at a party to let a sober person drive him to the hospital, by swearing (falsely) that he was a doctor. He met the same guy at a party at the same place the next year, and when my brother mentioned that he had met him there the year before, the guy said, Yeah, I got alcohol poisoning, but by sheer luck there was a doctor there who recognized it and saved my life!

Something like that, anyway. Alcohol poisoning really can happen, so don't go too crazy. Moderate use of alcohol can be great; for instance, it allows you to impersonate a doctor when you need to.

[ Wednesday, June 01, 2005 14:18: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #21
Thanks for the advice, guys. Drinking in moderation can indeed be nice, especially when there are attractive women around. Far better to stop at a few drinks and be relaxed and smooth-talking than to get completely trashed and approach them slobbering and barely capable of communicating at all. It is nice to loosen up and have a good time while still maintaining some semblance of control and clarity of mind, and I have gone that route on occasion.

Of course, seeing as this is my twenty-first birthday party, I'll probably not stop at a few drinks. I'll maintain caution, though, as there have been quite enough occasions where things have gone memorably wrong (sprained wrist, anyone? :P ) to give me pause when considering drinking to oblivion. I'll have a good time, for sure, but I'm not going to down a bottle of Jack or anything like that.

[ Wednesday, June 01, 2005 17:30: Message edited by: This Glass Is Half Stugie ]

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #22
We call that drinking to the buzz, but I wouldn't know, I'm only 15 ... <_< ... >_>

Yeah, it's the only way to go, proves you are a smart person. I don't understand the people who get trashed, it's so stupid/bad for you.

Spring: "A lot of people drink at my age, though."

Yeah, the legal age to buy alcohol here is 18, but the government is seriously considering raising it to 20. There is so much underage drinking and smoking, it's not funny. I don't smoke, I know plenty that do who are younger than me.

[ Wednesday, June 01, 2005 20:36: Message edited by: An Upright stranger ]

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #23
The first time I drank was 16, but it didn't last long since I didn't like how it felt to be drunk. One or two beers to get a buzz can be nice on occasion though.

--------------------
Nena
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #24
Just for the information of those younger members who don't know and may reasonably be curious:
it isn't actually hard to get badly drunk when only meaning to get moderately buzzed, because one of the very first things that goes is your awareness of how much has gone. So your feeling of how well you are doing can be quite unreliable, and if you don't want to overdo it, then you pretty much have to consciously keep track of how much alcohol you've consumed over how long, and slow down or stop according to an objective schedule. At least, that's the only way I know that works reliably.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00

Pages