Who are you? and What's your IQ?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Who are you? and What's your IQ?
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #25
Do you realise how much sense of inferiority and invidiousness your words provoked, Thuryl? I'm starting to hate you.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #26
I'm ben, I'm 15, 6'1" and 163 lbs.

I'm also a big fan of the SW message boards.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #27
Aw mind, love your intellectual superiors, as they so much to teach. I would much prefer to be a student in a world filled with Thuryls, as opposed to feeling like a genius among the ignorant.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #28
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin:

Aw mind, love your intellectual superiors, as they so much to teach. I would much prefer to be a student in a world filled with Thuryls, as opposed to feeling like a genius among the ignorant.
Apparently, Thuryl feels comfortable being a genius among the ignorant.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #29
You would get used to it if you had 18 years to do so. I like coming here because there are people who are obviously much more intelligent than I am. It's humbling. No need to hate them for it.

My name is Adam, I'm soon to be 17, I'm 5'7", 190 pounds, I play American Football, which explains partly why I'm so much heavier than Ben, despite being 6 inches shorter, I'm kind of introverted, I dominate standardized tests, and I, um, play Spiderweb games.

Sorry, I don't know english-metric conversion factors.

[ Monday, May 30, 2005 08:37: Message edited by: PoD person ]
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by Mind:

quote:
Originally written by Dolphin:

Apparently, Thuryl feels comfortable being a genius among the ignorant.
As said above he is probably used to it, and maybe he likes to teach.

--------------------
Nena
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #31
The majority of the world is, granted, pretty dense all-around.

(For reference, I enjoyed reading the Atlas as a youngling, and could rattle off capital cities, major cities, rough populations, et cetera. It also took me a while to figure out that the USSR had broken up because of how old the text was.)

EDIT: PS, Marlenny is hottt.

And also, what you need to realize is that Thuryl is only super-good at science. It's not particularly difficult to outdo him in other subjects that he doesn't care about- for instance, he's not fond of math much, obscure philosophies take second place to genital deformities (which are, admittedly, near his foreground), and sticking his dick into the nooks and crannies of literature is also not a forté.

[ Monday, May 30, 2005 09:18: Message edited by: Dervish Malachai ]

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #32
Yeah, back in, like, first grade I used to get in trouble for reading this chemistry textbook instead of doing whatever stupid crap I was supposed to be doing. Of course, I'm no Thuryl, so I didn't really understand it, but I retained elementary stuff like what an Alpha particle is and the crystal structure of a diamond.

EDIT: Youngling, TM? Did you just see Episode III? I must confess that, during the whole "I saw him kill younglings!" part, I just imagined Anikin chugging Yuengling Lager.

[ Monday, May 30, 2005 09:23: Message edited by: PoD person ]
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #33
I would like to real IQ test, just for the sake of curiosity. The only tests I've done of that nature are online versions, which were notably not a credible source.

I may not be a Thuryl, but I'm fairly certain I'm not dumb either.

[ Monday, May 30, 2005 09:35: Message edited by: Dolphin ]

--------------------
Nena
Apprentice
Member # 3347
Profile #34
Greetings All...

I go by also aswell, and yes it's in the phone book. I am a co-founder of the Cosmic Ray Deflection Society of North America, Inc. I was a chef for 25 years, went back to school and now do computer graphics, seo and other sorts of webcrap.

Got my first guitar in 57, a cheap sears that would't tune. Saw Hendrix and Janis Joplin twice. Love early grunge, industrial, Beefheart, early Zappa, Yardbirds, Skinny Puppy, Outkast, Rage Against the Machine, Tim Buckley and the good Dr. Eugene Chadbourne among others.

I'm a godless anarchist tending to Green politics if they'd only... I publish comic books, alt papers on an occasional basis.

I have been playing Spiderweb games since their first demo I found on an early copy of MacAddict magazine.
Whenever I get a new game, I come back to the boards usually till my hintbook arrives and then go away again.
Thus I have a low player number and still find myself an apprentice. I've just gotten Geneforge 3, so here I am.
Check bio for a pic of me holding a couple of cosmic ray deflection shields and wearing my cosmic ray headpiece.

My sig? I think someone in the OSS killed the man that invented the computer, cracked the German's code in WWII and could have had us on the internet much earlier if he had not died.

PS The inverted triangle is the secret sign of the cosmic ray deflection society :eek:

[ Monday, May 30, 2005 10:37: Message edited by: also aswell ]

--------------------
“Where did this apple come from?”
--Alan Turing
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by Dervish Malachai:

The majority of the world is, granted, pretty dense all-around.

(For reference, I enjoyed reading the Atlas as a youngling, and could rattle off capital cities, major cities, rough populations, et cetera. It also took me a while to figure out that the USSR had broken up because of how old the text was.)

EDIT: PS, Marlenny is hottt.

And also, what you need to realize is that Thuryl is only super-good at science. It's not particularly difficult to outdo him in other subjects that he doesn't care about- for instance, he's not fond of math much, obscure philosophies take second place to genital deformities (which are, admittedly, near his foreground), and sticking his dick into the nooks and crannies of literature is also not a forté.

Thanks
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #36
I am everyone and I am no one.

I live in the back of your head. I dwell in the shadows behind you. I am a fiction. I am universal truth.

I'm resigned to failure. I'm prepared for success. I'm a future four-term President. I'm a sex scandal waiting to happen. Some day my signature will be worth money. In the future they will need paper.

I'm a bad fanboy, a bad liberal, a bad Jew, the worst man ever.

I front a famous band. I hunger and wander. I dine on café noir and rocky lobster. I barely speak French, I barely understand Spanish, I barely swear in German and I barely avoid Japanese. I blog without blogging, I chat without chatting, I game without gaming.

I am the Messiah you seek when you're not seeking the Messiah.

Most of all, I'm a terrible liar. I trust no one. I follow no orders. I demand you do the same.

I am Alexander Kyras, and I am still fat.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #37
Being as I am slightly skeptical, Thuryl maybe you could post a pic of the magazine you appeared on. No offense but this isn't exactly the most truthful environment. :)

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #38
(whew, it's impossible to be original by now).

I am Arancaytar, I've been here for slightly over two years (played Spiderweb games for slightly over four), and I originally came here because of an Avernum III bug that I am very grateful for.

I'm now seventeen years old, living and studying Technomathematics (IT/Math) in Aachen, Germany, in the second semester, except for weekends. I spend more than 60 hours weekly in front of a PC. My IQ places me in the top 0.135 percentile according to this site, which wouldn't sound as bad as it does if Thuryl hadn't posted his before.

I like to play the piano. I am learning PHP, and also like to read Shakespeare nearly as much as Tolkien. According to unverified claims, I have talked Elvish in my sleep. I do not speak Elvish, but I write Tengwar and could probably understand a few sentences if given time and a dictionary. I am a member of Spiderweb and Polaris. I have registered on more than fifty different forums, but I post on only about seven of them. I have 5 GMail accounts, and 50 times that many free invites. I have designed Blades of Exile scenarios since July 2001, but I have never finished one. I play NationStates. I once tried to compile an Encyclopedia for the Avernum world. I am a member of the Santharian Dream. Apart from that, I speak English and German fluently (or the former at least fluently enough to fool a native speaker), and I can read, but not speak or write French. I can derive implicitly, and integrate partially. I can write a PHP script that almost appears not to suck as long as nobody sees the code. I divide my sleep into two four-hour periods for no reason. I write good stories and bad poems in my spare time. I can do magic. I have a sister who is two years younger than me. I wish to achieve world peace. Without any exercise, I weigh more than ten kilograms less than I should at my size, which makes me a walking skeleton. I am all-powerful. I have never lied in my life. I have never started nor ended a sentence with "I". I am seven thousand years old.

Oh, and I look like this.

IMAGE(http://images.polarisboard.org/arancaytar/photo.jpg)

Much of the above is true.

[ Monday, May 30, 2005 13:02: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #39
My name is Jeremy. I am approximately the smartest person in the world. I'm majoring in math and physics, both of which are very awesome, and plan to do research in quantum gravity. I also am interested in lots of computer stuff, and program for fun sometimes. I almost was a CS major, but decided I hate computers too much to be one. I am one of 12 republican atheists in the world. I like the Lord of the Rings books, and Harry Potter, just like everyone else here. I also like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books, but haven't gotten around to reading all of them yet. I am an alien-human hybrid, who plans to one day take over the Earth. I started playing Exile since not too long before it came out. I have also been playing Geneforge 3 on the pc for months, when my time traveling self from the future brought me a copy. You won't believe what happens in Avernum 4.

[ Monday, May 30, 2005 14:09: Message edited by: cfgauss ]

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #40
Part of my life story...
My name is Meghan, but I like my middle name Caitlin a bit better. I'm 21 years old, 5'6, 110 lbs, and was born in Santa Monica, CA as a home birth. I have an older brother (22) and an older sister (39). I have two dogs named Cleo and Zeus. I also have three baby rats that don't have names yet. You can see my photo on the photo thread (link provided above). The picture on my profile is my recently deceased rat Stash, but I called him Stashis as an endearing name (because he would take paper towels and stash them). I'm very mellow and prefer a small circle of close friends to a large group of associates. My favorite color is blue, especially mid-lighter blues. My moniker is Dolphin, and please call me that even it if says something else. I picked that name because those who know me best gave me that nickname, as I am dolphin like. That is the only nickname I have ever been given. I won't brag about my IQ because I don't know what it is. I specialize in Chinese medicine, shiatsu massage, deep tissue massage, and a couple other forms of alternative health care that focus on altering structure to restore health. I love animals and helping people. I'm not in school at the moment, but will be going back in a couple months. I found my first SW game while searching for a decent game for Mac, and came here for some reason, and now I like it. I enjoy nature, and like to hike, camp, and spend time in the mountains or near rivers. I like Indian, Mexican, and any other spicy food. I don't drink, and I have never smoked a cigarette. I used to love Skribbane, but it has been about 11 months since my last toke. I have a tail as well, if you don't believe me check for yourself. I love to read, but all I read these days are textbooks. I express myself best through drawing and writing. I do yoga regularly, and not because it's “a thing to do”, but rather because it feels good and I'm naturally very flexible. I respect intelligence and honesty, and would prefer brutal honesty to fabricated kindness. I prefer the company of males to females (I don't know why I just do), and finally I don't normally say so much about myself as I tend to be shy.

[ Monday, May 30, 2005 15:01: Message edited by: Dolphin ]

--------------------
Nena
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #41
I am Matt.

I cannot be bothered making a self-inflating how-many-people-am-i-better-than post. I find peoples interests and idiosyncracies far greater than their so called credentials. Some people would call me a general cynic, and i would agree. I am 18, living in Adelaide SA originally from Melbourne. I Graduated from High School in 03, and after doing a year of Commerce, am now working fulltime doing an Insurance Broking cadetship. Not exactly what you'd call mainstream, but then again, not much of me is.

I went to a gig in a pub on sunday night and saw two awesome bands, Chalice and The Eternal. I also went to a gig at a theatre a few months back and saw Missy Higgins. I have sung for a great many years in a variety of choirs, and also played the Viola for about 8 years. I enjoy beer. Weihenstephaner, Coopers Sparkling, Loewenbraeu, any a great deal of others.

I am posting from work now, so i should go...

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #42
Wow, lots of people who are apparently the smartest in the world. Well I guess Spiderweb draws that crowd. ;)

--------------------
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #43
Just remember: It's not the size of your intellect that matters; it's what you do with it.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #44
Straight up. You'll never get anything if you don't hustle.

--------------------
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

Wow, lots of people who are apparently the smartest in the world. Well I guess Spiderweb draws that crowd. ;)
What it draws is the crowd of reserved, bipolar people a little on the manic and megalomanic side, as well as outright snobs whose IQ is so high it's risen to their heads. I should know, shouldn't I? (personally I have never been diagnosed as bipolar however)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #46
I took an IQ test when I was 12, and it turned out to be 107 (top 32.037 % of the worlds population), so I was pretty happy with that. I think that if I took the test now, it would be up around 115-120, so I that would put me in the top 15.8656% to 9.1212%. I would be stoked at that. After all, not every 13 yera old pretty much proves the maths/science/history teacher wrong most lessons. But I'm gettin off track there.

On topic: Err....welcome (I didn't say it before).

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #47
Hi, I'm Nikki / The Paranoid Android. I live in Derbyshire, which Americans always mispronounce, in a wet, foggy and damp place called England. I am 17, nearly 18, and am around 6 feet in height. I weigh a little under 9 stone.

My passions are writing, reading, posting here, girls (a girl), and acting like a clown. I am usually very moody and depressive. My favourite books are "The increasingly inaccurately named" Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy trilogy, and The Hobbit.

I am currently at college, studing English Literature, Econoics, History and Psychology.

My musical interests include Radiohead, The Smiths, and anything that can be categorised under the very generic banner of "indie". My favourite song is this one. I also like this.

My favourite food is strawberry jam sandwches, with very strong coffee.

I am an insomniac.

The most important person in the world is currently in Menorca, decorating her parents new house.

And my BoA scenario will be finished soon.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #48
My IQ is 118 and I think a lot so I am one of the most brainy and talented person on the school. Hehe, and I love it (I am not ignorant though. Other people's opinions and views are important to me.). If I lack knowledge of something, then I can't sleep at night due to having all those question in mind.

IQ is not an overall quotation of intelligence. IQ comes in many forms; Social Intelligence, Logic intelligence, creational intelligence, etc. Having high IQ can never be bad since you learn easier and faster.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #49
Hallo. I had an IQ once, but now I have cats.

--------------------
I am a pale shadow of the previous self.
quote:

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!

Pages