Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Guys,

What do you think (if you've seen it), of the Final installment of the Star Wars series?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 30 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=gTQWfPBhXBlG"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=gTQWfPBhXBlG"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Warrior
Member # 5822
Profile #1
it was realy good (because it had lots of killing and other stuff

--------------------
who knows what darkness lurks in the hearts of men? the shadow knows
ninjas are so better than pirates
homerun
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #2
Is it worthwhile seeing it in the cinema or should I just wait until it comes out on DVD?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Personally, I'd wait for it to come out on TV. If it's any good, it'll still be just as good in a few years. If it's not, you'll know not to bother. Either way, you'll save money.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #4
Ugh. Poor Vader. He had to be Anakin Skywalker as a kid.
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #5
Haven't seen it yet, will on Sunday. (I've seen the trailer, though, looks pretty good!)

BTW, why is there an option "haven't seen it yet?"? If someone votes that, they won't be able to give an opinion once they do. Maybe a better option is "Have no intentions on seeing it" or something, since some people don't want to see it in theaters.

[ Friday, May 20, 2005 19:12: Message edited by: BainIhrno ]

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #6
What Bain said.
Why say that only people who saw the film should vote, and then have a "Haven't seen it option?" —_—

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #7
Watched it a couple hours ago. It's on par IMHO, but since we already know the entire plot there wasn't much surprise.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #8
I haven't gone too see it yet. As I'm in France, I would rather see it on DVD in English and with extras, than in cinema in French, with no extras.

[ Friday, May 20, 2005 21:08: Message edited by: JadeWolf ]

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #9
It was great. I seen it a couple of hours ago. Worth seeing.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #10
My eldest went to see it. local paper report

You can see the write-up, but miss seeing the stunning photo of him in a Darth Maul mask which was in the paper version.

--------------------
I am a pale shadow of the previous self.
quote:

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #11
Some friends and I waited 10 hours in the rain to see it. It was an awsome movie but probably not worth a ten hour wait. The wait wasn't bad since I knew almost everyone and there was plenty to do.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #12
My short attention span won't let me wait more than an hour for something. Otherwise I forget what I'm doing.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #13
I'll wait for PPV, unless it would be much better to see in theaters.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by JadeWolf:

I haven't gone too see it yet. As I'm in France, I would rather see it on DVD in English and with extras, than in cinema in French, with no extras.
I am surprised that you speak english so well. All other french persons I have speaked to in english was nearly impossible to understand (That is why I study French from the beginning.). But this is off topic.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #15
Is it not possible to link animated images? Oh well,

fyi: "speaked" is not a word.

[ Saturday, May 21, 2005 11:27: Message edited by: Dolphin ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #16
There are plenty of those who do not speak English as a first language but write much better than those who do. This board is a good example.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #17
I thought it was really good. Probably the best of the first three. There were some parts I didn't like, but Yoda still freaking kicks ass. He's awesome. I would say more, but people here haven't all seen it!

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #18
Yoda speaks the best. Kind of Spoilers up here, just warning you...
He drew a laugh from the crowd when Lord Sidious tried to kill him and he was running crawling through the tunnel.

EDIT: Not much of a spoiler, but some who want to see it may think that it is a major part of the movie, like a major partis when Aniken (Have I spelt that right?) pledges his alliegance to Lord Sidious and the Dark side. Now that was a bit more major.

[ Saturday, May 21, 2005 14:01: Message edited by: Sprung Spring ]

--------------------

Polaris
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #19
I've yet to see it, but my favourite review of it so far is - "It's certainly the best of the prequels, but that's not saying much, given that the Phantom Menace was amongst the worst films ever made, the Attack of the Clones was marginally better, but so was slamming your hand in a car door. Sith is still utterly terrible and is a testament to Lucas' inability to write or direct anything.."
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #20
I don't really see what the big deal is about Episode 1; it really wasn't that bad. Alright, Jar Jar Binks didn't add much to the storyline, and neither did the race, but it wasn't that bad of a movie. Attack of the Clones wasn't bad either.

[ Sunday, May 22, 2005 01:48: Message edited by: Sprung Spring ]

--------------------

Polaris
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Sprung Spring:

I don't really see what the big deal is about Episode 1; it really wasn't that bad. Alright, Jar Jar Binks didn't add much to the storyline, and neither did the race, but it wasn't that bad of a movie. Attack of the Clones wasn't bad either.
Episode I is basically a long, drawn-out Battle of Endor. Cute little lizard men who are surprisingly similar to negroids battle anonymous faces of bland greed while perhaps the two most flippant Jedis in the galaxy chop things in half with almost as little motivation than is visible through their dialogue. A good half of the movie could be eliminated without harming the other half, which is mediocre at best- the true struggle of the film is the "rise of the dark side," but all we're given is sociopolitical snapshots which we're supposed to keep track of on our Star Wars chessboard. Meanwhile, the only cool character in the film, Darth Maul, who likely attains his status by being the only character to speak less than five lines, is nothing more than what the title indicates: a Phantom menace. The dark side is never really shown to be a threat at all, except for its getting Qui-Gon killed- which, admittedly, is the part of the flim where interest is raised.

Other than that, you're left with "cute little kid gets really lucky multiple times," "cute negroid lizards get really lucky multiple times," and "irritatingly flippant warriors with quasi-British accents and half the wit of Bond get really lucky multiple times, but you should have never cared about them anyway". Battle of Endor for sixty plus minutes. A waste of my time and money.

As for Attack of the Clones, it's basically much of the same, except with more Mace Windu, Yoda fighting with lightsabers, and geekboys jerking off to Padme. Again, no raison d'etre whatsoever.

I have heard glowing reviews about Episode III. I plan on seeing it despite the first two. Still, it will have to be incredibly good to redeem the previous two "efforts".

(Not that episodes 1 and 2 weren't efforts- just that they weren't efforts to all but the special effects tekkies.)

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #22
quote:
Cute little lizard men who are surprisingly similar to negroids
errr... What black person is watching Jar Jar Binks and says "Those bastards!! That's ME!!!"? Seriously, if I were black, I'd be more offended that people think that represents black people than that Lucas made them act like that in the film.

quote:
battle anonymous faces of bland greed while perhaps the two most flippant Jedis in the galaxy chop things in half with almost as little motivation than is visible through their dialogue.
Well, they did try to kill them first... I mean, maybe you'd act differently if a robot with a laser gun walks up to you, ready to kill you, but I'm chopping it in half if I get the chance.

quote:
we're given is sociopolitical snapshots which we're supposed to keep track of on our Star Wars chessboard
It's hardly complicated... Let me summerize: Palpatine bad, Senate stupid, Naboo good, but on Palpatine's side because they don't know he's bad.

quote:
Other than that, you're left with "cute little kid gets really lucky multiple times,"
It's the force man, haven't you been paying attention?

quote:
Yoda fighting with lightsabers
Yoda is awesome, thank you.

quote:
and geekboys jerking off to Padme
And Padme is hot, thank you! :D

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #23
Okay, so I saw Episode III.

George Lucas, as usual, is a terrible dialogue writer. He lays the absolutist good v. evil thing on with a trowel.

I would have considered the movie awesome if it had done one of two things:

a) Ended with the rebirth of Vader instead of the rebirth of Luke - you know, just cut to the credits as soon as you first hear the respirator. That would have been awesome in the extreme; I have a bone with Lucas ending with Luke, because the prequel trilogy is about Anakin. It would be as silly as ending Episode VI as soon as Darth Vader bit it.

b) Just gone the balls-out route and eschewed the rest of the trilogy altogether; have Anakin strike Palpatine's withered ass dead and the Republic collapse into (real) civil war. If Lucas had, after 30 years, ended Star Wars without the staunch fatalism - it would have basically been the most supreme steel-balls badassery in the history of Amerian cinema. Which is, of course, why it didn't happen.

I don't know. I just felt like he was taunting us with the line "I sense Count Dooku", because at that point pretty much everyone in the audience must have.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #24
Just saw it, I liked it, though it was rather sad at times.

What was interesting was that I felt sad when Anakin turned over to the dark side, but after a while, I just thought of Anakin as a hateful person.

[ Sunday, May 22, 2005 16:07: Message edited by: BainIhrno ]

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal

Pages