Your Thoughts ....

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Your Thoughts ....
Apprentice
Member # 5579
Profile #0
Hello,My name is Jay how are you all? Has anyone tried B(E)? It's part beer but part a little bit extra. It's been zinged up with caffeine, guarana and ginseng. The bartender who served it poured it over ice and I thought he was nuts but actually it worked. What do you all think?

thanks
JAY
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
I'd post an image of a can of spam, but the above post speaks for itself.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #2
Well, it IS his first post, and there HAVE been worse introductions in history.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Yes, but better introductions, too; and most of the introductions like this eventuially developed either into one-post newbs, or temporarily annoying spam-it-alls.

I'm not judging, jus saying something about probability.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #4
I tripped and fell once. It hurt.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #5
I like cheese

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #6
I'd say this is far superior than most other introduction topics. At least jaybee has attempted to make himself useful in some way, rather than just crassly announcing his presence. I'll give the beverage you mention a try if I ever happen to run into it.

It's rather astounding the things people claim mix well with beer, which has always struck me as an essentially stand-alone drink. Have you ever heard of a Desperado? It's apparently a French beer fortified with tequila and lime, and I've heard from a credible source that it's quite tasty. Go figure.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by This Glass Is Half Stugie:

It's rather astounding the things people claim mix well with beer, which has always struck me as an essentially stand-alone drink. Have you ever heard of a Desperado? It's apparently a French beer fortified with tequila and lime, and I've heard from a credible source that it's quite tasty. Go figure.
Desperado is not a bad drink in itself but it isn't a good beer.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #8
Isn't there another version of that called "Tequiza" or something? I can't imagine that would be too good.

Not that I'm a total purist, but some of these gimmicky drinks have got to go. Thank God that Captain Morgan's Gold went away - my buddies still won't let me live down the time I encouraged them to give that a try. That's the last time I'll make a purchase entirely based on an ad and a brand.

I agree that beer is a stand-alone drink... for the most part. The occasional "Flaming Dr. Pepper" or "Car Bomb" can be a nice way to mix things up.

[ Tuesday, March 08, 2005 05:50: Message edited by: andrew miller ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #9
Beer honestly disgusts me, give me a good Glen Fiditch any day and I’ll be happy but beer tastes like old piss…for some odd reason…hrr…except this one Mexican lime-beer I had once…actually good… can't remember what that was for the life of me...odd...and the one time I got drunk too, what a coincidence...

--------------------
...well I thought it was funney...? didn't you?
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #10
Beer is yucky. Just the smell makes me gag. Give me a Shirley Temple any day. I'd much rather keep my wits about me then experience the joy of losing one's inhibitions.

I've never drank, never smoked, never tried any drugs... I am utterly the most boring person on earth. I am addicted to one thing though. It keeps Hubby happy anyway. :P

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #11
Well, who could ever complain about a happy little adiction like yours? I feel quite the same way:D

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5322
Profile #12
beer indeed does taste bad. a green cat/vodka/frisco-mix is the way to go.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #13
Hard cider goes well with cheese... Leave a jug of cider on your windowsill in winter... :P

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #14
WARNING: Do Not Attempt The Same Thing With Eggnog. It will kill you…seriously…I was laid up for a week after that stuff…ehh, and I just left it on the counter by accident…I should have noticed that it was a little thicker then usual but hey…what did I care, I was young…reckless…I didn’t know better… Drink Responsibly…please…

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #15
i like beer but i have never heard of the stuff u mentioned. my dad says that unalcoholed beer is the first step to a rubber woman

Note: i have triped and fallen numerous times, and it also hurt. i also like ch33z3

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Free skribbane at Wal-mart
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #16
Your dad's quite the outspoken fellow isnt' he? and quite a male roll model, no?

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #17
If you make eggnog with raw unpasteurized cream will not rot the way heated dairy will. Instead it will thicken or curdle on it's way to becoming cheese or butter, but it will ferment into alcohol and take on the flavor of the rum. It wont make you sick being that in is raw, and the only bacteria that will grow on the sugar and rum will be such as acidolphilus and other good flora. It will grow mold in about two weeks.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #18
if u can call a fat russian programer with a beard all over his face a role model then yes

then again, that description is almost the same as jeff's and he is my role model :)

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Free skribbane at Wal-mart
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #19
I suppose once you've gone to one too many parties featuring kegs filled with Oldstyle or Keystone Lite, a bottle of a decent beer like Miller Lite tastes divine by comparison. Hell, I've gotten down two Colt 45's down in a single sitting, and although I'll never claim it was easy, I managed it without too much trouble. Of course I found beer disgusting when I first tried it, but so does nearly everyone else. It's an acquired taste, but it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it might be to acquire. Being forced, over and over again, to get drunk off of keg beer at parties where it is the only available option can really make one forget all about those tiny taste buds screaming for mercy. Drink fast enough, and they'll soon return to their former complacency.

That said, I'm certainly not averse to other drinks. I'll often fill my cup with jungle juice (kool-aid and everclear) at parties where it's available rather than beer, although that's often more for reasons of expediency than taste. Whiskey sours can be very nice, and I have a real soft spot for the fabulously cheap, thoroughly processed Boone's Farm wine. I'll even dabble in the chick drinks now and then- I've had a Kahlua white russian before, and it was good stuff.

My credible source regarding Desperados is a girl I met last semester who's studying this semester in France. Girls tend to have less of a tolerance for really nasty-tasting things, from my observation, and as such I'm inclined to trust their drink recommendations.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #20
My favorite regular beer is Miller High Life, followed by Bud or Bud Light. I prefer doing my drinking out at bars, especially in smoke-free Montgomery County, Maryland, so that I can leave the mess there, but that does have the annoying side-effect of costing a great deal, hence the cheap beer choice. It's pretty amazing the difference that location can make: Coors Light in Lexington, KY - $1.75; Coors Light in Washington, DC - $3.50/$4.00.

When I'm classing it up a bit, I go for Okochim, a Polish beer, where I can find it, though usually I'll end up drinking Sierra Nevada, Smithwick's, Boddington's, or Murphy's Irish Stout. I can't tolerate malt liquor, red beers, or wheat beers.

I prefer beer to other beverages at parties because it fills me up before I get too dumb too fast. This has led to woe on a number of occasions.

My favorite alcoholic beverage is bourbon, specifically Woodford Reserve.

[ Tuesday, March 08, 2005 12:38: Message edited by: andrew miller ]
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #21
I haven't tried a great enough variety of alcoholic beverages to name a conclusive favorite. As I'm entirely lacking in an independent income and am as such forced to drink at college off a rather strict budget, I've been forced to stick largely to standard college drinks. Believe me, I wouldn't drink Colt 45s if I didn't have to.

Your point regarding beer at parties being preferable to other beverages is an excellent one. I, too have ended up far too plastered far too fast at one or two parties as a result of consuming potent beverages like jungle juice at a terrific clip. I can remember a particular occasion where friends were forced to drag me home, minister to me with bread and water, then put me to sleep three or four times, until I stopped wandering aimlessly back out into the hallway and actually complied. Felt guilty about that for more than a few days afterwards.

Bars on campus tend to be really expensive compared to liquor stores and parties, and most of the time I'm unwilling to pay more than five bucks for a single night of boozing. Parties are usually a thoroughly cheap three or four dollars for an unlimited cup, and two forties usually cost about the same. During first semester I mostly stuck to consuming Colts and Boones Farms in a room with a bunch of pals, but this semester we've decided to not be such huge losers and have consistently chosen parties over the standard sausage-fests.

--------------------
Stughalf

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #22
Desperados are actually quite good- I think I had three of them at one sitting/lying/meandering. You folks need to make the distinction, though- common bears are crap. Imported beers are usually good, though; I've heard good things about some smaller brands as well.

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #23
None of that Westernized crap for TM.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #24
Exactly. I find that many of the common beers are rather nice, especially Miller Lite. It's just the really horrible kinds, like Icehouse, Keystone Lite, Natural Lite, and Oldstyle that give the rest a bad name.

--------------------
Stughalf

Pages