Your Thoughts ....

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Your Thoughts ....
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #25
The only beer I've had that I couldn't bring myself to drink was Bud Light. It was so bad. I don't like beer anyways, but yuk. Maybe light beer just sucks.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #26
I really prefer Newcastle Brown Ale, with Bass pale Ale as a close second. The rest of the beer world, especially the american beer - I can do without.

A good stiff shot of Vodka will work, though

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #27
Mung: that Mexican beer you were talking about, Corona? Or Dos X. I think it may be Corona.

Local: Polar (sold in some places of the U.S and Europe).

Guinnes. Several kinds of ales. Mostly micro breweries.

Scotch. Whiskey too. Aguardiente.
(we are the first consumer of Scotch in Latin America (we call it whiskey, but it's mostly Red Label, some Vat 69 if your pocket is empty. Something Special is also popular, Chivas Regal as well. But R.L is the most sold, perhaps followed, sometimes surpassed briefly, by Vat 69))

As for cocktails. Don't ask what's in them.

(Venezuelan Rum is supposed to be good. I haven't taste it in over 16 years, so I don't know.)

Hate wine, but sometimes I've no other choice.

Brandy is good. Bourbon is better.

Vodka a thousand times better than Tequila. But, if I ingest any, pure. None of that fruity crap.

Absinthe: it is sold in a few places.

Anise I like a lot, but once in a while.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #28
well, someone knows their liqueur, or preferences at least .

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #29
Coronas are nice, and although it's been a while since I had one, I consider it one of my favorite beers.

As for wine, I agree entirely, with a single semi-exception. I really enjoy Boone's Farm wine, which hardly qualifies as the genuine article, being processed and sweetened into submission, then priced at $3 per 24 oz. bottle.

With respect to vodka vs. tequila, I suppose it's a question of which is slightly less painful to chug a shot of, and as such vodka wins the dubious award. But only an extraordinarily good mixer can make either taste halfway decent.

I need to try stuff like scotch, brandy, and bourbon, but as of yet I haven't really had an opportunity. Damn college drinks are the only ones I can get my hands on.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #30
I'm too young to drink, so I don't drink alcohol.

[ Tuesday, March 08, 2005 22:40: Message edited by: The Sprung Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #31
I'm mostly a wine drinker, particularly champagne (or rather, "sparkling wine", since the French tell us we can't call it champagne any more). One good thing about this country is the ready availability of high-quality yet affordable wines. (I'm told we also have good beers, but as far as I'm concerned beers divide into "drinkable", "drinkable after a few alcoholic drinks of some other kind" and "undrinkable".)

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #32
Don't like regular beer. Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout is very good thick, rich, and tasty.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #33
Hooray for teetotalers! :D

[ Wednesday, March 09, 2005 09:48: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #34
Thuryl, the only Australian beer I've tasted is Fosters. How would you say it stands in comparison with other Australian beers?

Stuggie, if you try Scotch, I recommend anything that is 12 years and either dry or on the rocks. Some people like it with soda or coke/pepsi.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #35
Foster's is okay, but nothing special - generally any lagers that are about the same color as Foster's will be reasonably decent. I'm a big fan of Cooper Beer, which I believe is out of S.A.

Wine took me a study-abroad semester in Rome to acquire a taste for. Now I'm a big fan of Australian shiraz. Bubbly is good, but goes to my head far and away too quickly.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #36
quote:
Originally written by Betamax sales collapsed.:

Stuggie, if you try Scotch, I recommend anything that is 12 years and either dry or on the rocks. Some people like it with soda or coke/pepsi.
Thanks much for the advice, BSC, I'll attempt to put that to use at some point. I'm really desperate to expand my drinking horizons, but my knowledge of what's worth trying isn't close to complete. If anyone has more suggestions regarding good and cheap (emphasis on the "cheap") liquors and/or mixes, please offer them up. You'll be doing me a great service. :D

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #37
Well, liquor prices vary. If you're going for typical college-faire the-chicks-dig-it-too sort of stuff, you can't beat "adult lemonade." All you need for this is some frozen lemonade concentrate (pink is okay), and some sort of low-end vodka. My favorite was a citron-style vodka that I think was bottled in Bardstown, KY. Anyway, it was a litre-and-a-half or so for $13 in VA. Can't beat that price, and it's very tasty!

EDIT: Be sure to prepare the lemonade as instructed on the cannister.

Another favorite of mine from college was what we called "Liquid Evil." This consisted of a mixture of Hawaiian Punch and Malabu coconut rum. Not a manly drink, but you sure can't taste the alcohol, and it certainly does the trick!

[ Wednesday, March 09, 2005 13:21: Message edited by: andrew miller ]
BANNED
Member # 3477
Profile #38
i am too young to drink but my parents let me do that on ocassion.

--------------------
Avernum is as addictive as skribbane!!! Withdrawal symptoms are harsh so I just keep playing.
Free skribbane at Wal-mart
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #39
I drink only occasionally (i.e. when someone else is paying), so I can't really offer any meaningful comparison between Australian beers. Victorian Bitter (VB) seems to be the most popular in the South, up North it tends to be XXXX.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #40
My brother made some home-made cherry "brandy" a while back (essentially, cherries steeped in vodka for a few months). That was very nice -- the fruit took the edge off the alcohol completely. Would have been easy to get drunk on if one wasn't careful, though.

He also makes his own wine and beer, but I don't trust his methods enough to drink those.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!

Pages