Favorite Movie.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Favorite Movie.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #25
It should be noted I absolutely detest horror movies. The only possible exceptions are... well, nevermind, I can't think of any.

But, while it isn't quite a movie (TV), Seinfeld is my number one pick.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #26
My favorite would have to be either A Bron Tale or American History X. or Mystic River.

[ Saturday, February 12, 2005 09:16: Message edited by: The Lord of Evil ]

--------------------
"I am Batman". Batman.

"No one could touch me, I was Escobars Guy"

George Jung-Blow.

"I would like you to meet, my little friend". Tony Montana, Scar Face.

"Dare to disturb the Universe". The Chocolate War.

There is nothing sadder Than wasted Talent.

Lorenzo, A Bronx Tale.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
The One Lighter:

I've seen Batteries Not Included and really liked it. Didn't know anybody else watched movies like that anymore.
I haven't watched it for a few years but it still tops my classics list followed closely by Short Circuit and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (First movies only, the sequels just didn't measure up.) I've watched many movies since but very few have compelled me to watch them 20 times over as these have.

X-men is also a relatively recent favorite. Logan is H-A-W-T! Again I liked the first better then the second but I think it's because I was pained to watch Logan's big fight. I eagerly await the third installment.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #28
I think The orginal Batman was the best comic book movie.

--------------------
"I am Batman". Batman.

George Jung-Blow.

Lorenzo, A Bronx Tale.
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #29
LotR definitely... also Forrest Gump

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #30
Dont really have 1. Though Mean Girls and Van Helsing were good last year. Dont I have good taste. :D

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #31
Forest Gump is up there. Not LoTR though.

--------------------
"I am Batman". Batman.

George Jung-Blow.

Lorenzo, A Bronx Tale.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #32
Thinking it over again. Blade Runner: The Directors Cut-- is fantastic includes footage which make it better than the original.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 3978
Profile #33
I've thought of a few others I liked:

The original Blade, simply because, despite all the cursing, it made for a good way to waste some time ;) DEFINITLY not the sequel, and I havent seen Blade Trinity

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Hell yes, the one with the live-actors, no cartoons. I think I watched TMNT 2, I dont know. Splinter got kidnapped in the one I saw.

The Maltese Falcon. It may be old, but hey, there was just something badass about Sam Spade ;)

Dont forget that if it werent for TMF, we might not have Black Trenchcoats in movies. Can you imagine The Matrix without black trench coats?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #34
The Stepford Wives

(The one from the '70s, not the crappy new one)

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #35
The Lion King, The Third Man, City Lights.

Strictly Ballroom and King Rat are two movies I recently saw and enjoyed very much. Quite a diverse bunch of movies, I think.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #36
Anyone who hasn't seen "Requiem for a Dream" and "Trainspotting" needs to get off their ass and see them. They might be hard to find as they are a few years old now.
"American Beauty" and "The Usual Suspects" have already been mentioned, so here are some that haven't:
"Snatch", "Sexy Beast", "Gangster No. 1", "Billy Elliot", "About a Boy", "Four Weddings and a Funeral", "High Fidelity", "Grosse Point Blank", "Blazing Saddles", "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" and their TV series.

[ Sunday, February 13, 2005 13:35: Message edited by: The Absolut Sagacious stranger ]

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by Solodric:

The original Blade, simply because, despite all the cursing, it made for a good way to waste some time ;) DEFINITLY not the sequel, and I havent seen Blade Trinity

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Hell yes, the one with the live-actors, no cartoons. I think I watched TMNT 2, I dont know. Splinter got kidnapped in the one I saw.

The Maltese Falcon. It may be old, but hey, there was just something badass about Sam Spade ;)

Dont forget that if it werent for TMF, we might not have Black Trenchcoats in movies. Can you imagine The Matrix without black trench coats?

If Splinter got kidnapped than you must be talking about, The original.

Anyway I liked The Lion King, it's one of my favorite Disney Films.

--------------------
"I am Batman". Batman.

George Jung-Blow.

Lorenzo, A Bronx Tale.
Shock Trooper
Member # 156
Profile #38
quote:

I have not(and will not) post any of my disagreements with anyone's offerings here(for obvious reasons) but I will whole-heartedly agree that the first Blade was one of the better C2F(comics to film) translations to come around(sure, there are some ridiculous moments where the sword-wielding vampire-hunter is beating a uniformed policeman in broad daylight while shoppers mill about in the background, apparently oblivious but overall a great movie).
I will warn you NOT to go see Blade: Trinity. It is absolutely horrible with a capital "Horrible"!

quote:

Yes, TMF is a great movie. The way they used light and shadow in those old B&W films...awe inspiring. However, I don't recall any "black" trenchcoats in TMF. IIRC, Bogart wore an off-white/beige colored one(but who says I remember ANYTHING correctly?).

[ Monday, February 14, 2005 08:02: Message edited by: SkeleTony ]

--------------------
"I am in a very peculiar business. I travel all over the world telling people what they should already know." - James Randi
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #39
B&W:
"Philadelphia", "Casablanca", "Citizen Kane" and "Young Frankenstein."

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Apprentice
Member # 3413
Profile #40
my favorite movie is Napoleon Dynamite
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #41
quote:
Originally written by strider182:

my favorite movie is Napoleon Dynamite
wow,i wonder how much time it took them to claim this victim *points up*,that movie *#@$%s,i like blade 2,spawn,cheech and chong`s the corsican brothers,the tomb raider movies,indiana jones in "raiders of the lost ark",month python and the holy grail,most godzilla movies,one bruce lee movie,and others

--------------------
comminiscor ea superus san` coetus,momen athrad ea superus san` institio,uniformis ea superus san` complesso,superus honestas,superus dominatus,superus.ta ea superus a` imperator san` a` succedo
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #42
quote:
Originally written by The Lord of Evil:

quote:

If Splinter got kidnapped than you must be talking about, The original.

Anyway I liked The Lion King, it's one of my favorite Disney Films.

actually,your one heck wrong,thee are things like the 007 movies,peopel who are bored,ajapnese gangsters who want to look cool,and so on,ugh,i hate people who make falsen claims like that

--------------------
comminiscor ea superus san` coetus,momen athrad ea superus san` institio,uniformis ea superus san` complesso,superus honestas,superus dominatus,superus.ta ea superus a` imperator san` a` succedo
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #43
Can you please explain to me how the hell your reply related at all to the message you were quoting, or indeed to any other message in this thread?

Also, don't double post.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #44
i didnt double post your smelly person you,i posted two seperate posts,first of all,i insulted somewhat smelly person #1 first,then i disproved lightly smelly person #2 second

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #45
I pity the poor gamete that once thought that it could do something worthwhile with itself.

(Oh yeah- I just saw Akira Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai"... Not bad, although the choreography is painfully bad, as I expected it to be.)

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #46
quote:
Originally written by taker_guardian:

i didnt double post your smelly person you,i posted two seperate posts,first of all,i insulted somewhat smelly person #1 first,then i disproved lightly smelly person #2 second
Arrogance is not intelligence (thank you, Motekye).

Anyway, the last two Matrix movies (never seen the first) and the two Tomb Raider movies are my favorites; I like any Jackie Chan movie I see; The Crow would quite possibly be a favorite too.

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
I eat blueberries in pie square.
Xerch'de/Rate.
I miss you, but I haven't met you yet.
So special, but it hasn't happened yet.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #47
If you have two posts in a row in a thread, you've double posted. Use the edit button located above your post to add more, please.

—Alorael, who has a much easier time reading posts with spaces after punctuation and full stops interspersed with the text as necessary.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #48
quote:

HAGUHAUGHAUGHIRTEHIDIOTAHGHUAGHAUGHAKILLMEPLZ
Fixed your typo.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Canned
Member # 5490
Profile #49
quote:
Originally written by It's 'Wise Man', you tards.:

quote:

HAGUHAUGHAUGHIRTEHIDIOTAHGHUAGHAUGHAKILLMEPLZ
Fixed your typo.

i didnt write that you haughty twit,i dont enjoy people getting at me like that,and first of all ,I DO NOT have to dress up my hair all nice and wear a one million dollar dress just to impress you people,im gonna be who i am and,and you had better accept that or not even talk to me,

i swear to god and the earth below if this turns into runescape forums im completely abandoning spiderwebsoftware!im not going to let moderators GET ARROGANT!graaagh!

[ Saturday, February 19, 2005 14:39: Message edited by: taker_guardian ]

--------------------

Pages