Fair Fun

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Fair Fun
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #0
This the the fair that comes to my town (about 15 miles away from my house).

http://www.idaho-state-fair.com/links.htm

What kind of things do you all have?

--------------------
With his last breath he took in more power then any Guardian could hold, then with a scream of pain and furry he unleashed it all to form a barrier betwen the Mantia and the Darkness.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
The North Carolina State Fair. I don't go. I hate it.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
WI state fair. Honestly, the biggest draws for me are thus- cream puffs (they really do draw in the crowds), maple-sugar candies and interestingly and well flavored milks. None of the events are really interesting, but there are worse ways to spend an afternoon.

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #3
I'm relatively certain that agricultural fairs are uncommon in Nevada.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Apprentice
Member # 3004
Profile #4
The North Carolina State Fair. I enjoy it, even if Demonslayer doesn't. The food is probably my favorite part, as well. Otherwise, I just like looking at everything. It's got lots of rides and related booths that are entirely uninteresting to me. But there are a lot of crafts and other sorts of displays around that I do enjoy.

--------------------
Sandwichs and Apples.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #5
I go to the NC state fair every few years, I can't stand the crowds much more than that :)

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #6
I'm from the big city. Growing up I never thought state fairs happened anymore, but died out at some vague point in the past and lived on only in nostalgic TV shows. It's kind of hard for me imagine them taking place in 2004, but then again, I don't have much of an imagination.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #7
Agreed, dampeoples. The crowds are horrible. And last year... we had a shooting or something. Silly, silly "gangsters".

--------------------
The critics agree!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Death.:

Agreed, dampeoples. The crowds are horrible. And last year... we had a shooting or something. Silly, silly "gangsters".
I'm glad I live in Idaho. No gangsters or anything like that. We do have wannabes.

[ Tuesday, September 07, 2004 15:56: Message edited by: Rowen ]

--------------------
With his last breath he took in more power then any Guardian could hold, then with a scream of pain and furry he unleashed it all to form a barrier betwen the Mantia and the Darkness.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #9
The NC State Fair... Never been though.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #10
Fairs around here...nothing really big, unless you count the occasional ones at the fairgrounds. Just a bunch of animals and artists; it isn't the best thing that's ever happened to me.

EDIT: Oh, but on the bright side, you get free baloons and cookies! :D

[ Tuesday, September 07, 2004 16:24: Message edited by: The Great 4808 ]

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #11
The idiodic(sp?) fair/party/random idiocy that the neighborhood arranges every summer. They goes as far to display cars, not special ones, mind you, ordinary, everyday cars. The day it runs I hide in the house and read/play computer games.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, we also have the Baltimore Book Festival and Artscape. I like both of them.

[ Tuesday, September 07, 2004 17:06: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Nicothodes:

The day it runs I hide in the house and read/play computer games.
Don't you do that everyday?

--------------------
The critics agree!

Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #13
We have the spokane international fairgrounds at our place with mostly stuff like booths, rides, cars, etc. Oh yeah, and lots of animals too. Then we have things like car and gun shows, locomotive stuff, and things like that throughout the year.

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #14
quote:

quote:
Originally written by Nicothodes:

The day it runs I hide in the house and read/play computer games.
Don't you do that everyday?

Most of the time, yes, but I take walks and pet all the cats and dogs in my neighborhood too.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Shock Trooper
Member # 4942
Profile #15
We have the NM state fair. I have never been there though. My class is going on a field trip there on Friday actually. I can't go though because I take quite a few classes outside of the standard classes for my grade and I can't miss all the work. It would be too much.

--------------------
Wham Bam Shizam
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Rowen:

quote:

I'm glad I live in Idaho. No gangsters or anything like that. We do have wannabes.

That you neglect to mention the Aryans suggests something about your personality.

What I am not going to say, because I consider myself a gentleman.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #17
Well, at least someone does.

I go to no fairs, although the Washington County Fair is big around here. A big drain on the wallet is all it is. Not really worth it.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #18
The Iowa State Fair!!! complete w/life size butter sculpture. of a butter. cow. thing.

'cept, I'm from Texas, and I only went to the fair twice. They have informational exhibits. on the hick's boson. Or it was hicks looking at it.

BEDTIME.

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #15 Wash your hands!!

That's skrange.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP, cleanfast productions co, inc)(Dgjzxachk)(Lord Pibble)
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by Fear Uncertainty and Custer:

That you neglect to mention the Aryans suggests something about your personality.[/QB]
Something about my personality?

The Aryans live about 500 mile driving disince from where I am. I was talking about the fair in SOUTH EAST Idaho. They don't even live in the same time zone as I do.

EDIT: The fact that I had to look up what or who the Aryans are might suggest something about my personality. =P

[ Wednesday, September 08, 2004 09:03: Message edited by: Rowen ]

--------------------
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #20
The Kentucky state fair in Louisville, KY rules. Everyone comes out of the woodwork (and the hills) for it, and it's the only place you can go where you can ride a rollercoaster, watch a pipe-smoking contest, behold the winner of an ugliest lamp contest, and then have your eardrums burst in a stadium concert performed by Grand Funk Railroad, all in the same day, at least as far as I know.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #21
Protest Marches. Oh, and sometimes we do have dance thingies and such. No fairs as such. We used to have pop festivals where rock stars would come and play stuff. As well as the usual big city activities.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #22
I used to go to the Tendring Show, an agricultural fair in my part of Essex. Animal shows (dogs, sheep, goats, rabbits, poultry, rats etc.,) various field sports demonstrations, particularly in the main arena (bloodhounds, carriage driving, falconing, demonstrations of how to reload a shotgun cartridge and the like,) an exhibition of work from the schools of the district, old cars, new car dealers, cheap sunglasses and camping equipment, tractors and the like. Not really my kind of thing.

I haven't seen much like it anywhere else and I think its survival is mostly due to the fact that the area is rich enough that the locals haven't been priced out of the house market but we're just far enough out of the commuter belt for people to actually feel they have a connection with the land. It's still fairly small, however. It pales into insignificance compared with a major music festival.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality