Three wishes

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Three wishes
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #0
Liam thy Conquerer in thy boldest sense shalt now refer to himself in third person.

As Liam thy bold states quite clearly, if thy had three wishes, what shalt they be?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 52 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=ZhPawgwDIZjy"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=ZhPawgwDIZjy"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow0.gif)     IMAGE(voteresu.gif)

--------------------
Espresso hasn't been invented yet. That stinks.

Xian Skull-
Avernum 3
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #1
Ah, but of course it would have to be immortality for a start - if you've got forever then you can do anything.

I would indeed like my own army. I would, of course, try to actually inspire SOME loyalty in them. Anyone who can't be loyal can be paid.

Thirdly, I would like some answers to my questions. Not your "hint hint" kind of answer, but something I am actually going to understand - something like, 30 feet tall in big flaming letters with words of no more than one syllable. And in English at that.

And if Liam The-supposed-conqueror gets any more poncy, I'm bringing out the weasels...

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #2
Liam thy Conquerer excepts thy challange and declares that anyone who wants an annoying 9-year-old call me for I shalt sell her for seventeen shillings.

I should probably stop talking in 3rd person. I'm getting dizzy...

--------------------
Espresso hasn't been invented yet. That stinks.

Xian Skull-
Avernum 3
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #3
I would want many game counsels...
An army of mutant creatures to do my every whim(See Geneforge 1 or 2)...
And to be a shaper so I could augment my army and also make it grow in numbers.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

--------------------
Entertaining songs !Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #4
Everyone who needs an annoying nine-year-old already has one. Though ours is actually a ten-year-old, but whatever.

Immortality seems to be a good idea, but I think it would get boring after a few thousand years. As long as it's not an eternity of getting ever older and more wrinkly, though, I think I could handle the boredom.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Slasher:

Liam thy Conquerer in thy boldest sense shalt now refer to himself in third person.

As Liam thy bold states quite clearly, if thy had three wishes, what shalt they be?

First, do not abuse baroque grammar; 'thy' is possessive secondary, 'the' is the same as it is now, 'thou hadst' would be the form you're looking for, and shalt is in the second person -- 'shall' is good for the third.
Even then, it's mildly inappropriate; 'shall' indicates a state of being and does not mesh well with the subjunctive setup there.

Second person is infinitely more amusing anyway, if you're going to bother migrating out of a god-fearing personal mode at all.

[ Thursday, May 13, 2004 16:13: Message edited by: Custer's Revenge ]

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by dareva:

Everyone who needs an annoying nine-year-old already has one. Though ours is actually a ten-year-old, but whatever.

Immortality seems to be a good idea, but I think it would get boring after a few thousand years. As long as it's not an eternity of getting ever older and more wrinkly, though, I think I could handle the boredom.

Do you mean someone here is ten or you live with someone who is ten?

Because I'm older than 10 years old...

--------------------
Entertaining songs !Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"AH-CHOO!"
-George Washington
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #7
I mean, I currently have a ten-year-old. Though she is not my child, she considers me to be her property, so I get to consider her mine, as well. I was using first person plural just to be silly.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #8
Sure... we believe you Zephyr. Honest. IMAGE(biggrin0.gif) (BTW, why'd they can you?)

So... challenge accepted eh... (nothing for it) Break out the cases! Weasels at dawn, it is sir! Let me just get Gunther, and then we'll show you... IMAGE(biggrin0.gif)

If you have small children attached to you that aren't yours, and you want them to go away, can I suggest the following method: firstly, shout "look _insert small child's/ren name here_! There's large quantities of sugar-coated food over there!" IMAGE(smile000.gif) (pointing in some random direction away from you). Secondly, RUN AWAY :rolleyes: .

And to retain some semblance of on-topicness, being able to play a musical instrument would probably be good. ANYTHING (and I mean anything) would be better than my current musical skills (less than nothing).

Alec, WHAT is your deal with baroque writing forms? :confused:

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #9
"Weasels at dawn?" You're getting dangerously close here, FBM, to stealing my stale, ineffectual gimmick. You do wish to maintain the connection between your dong and lower abdomen, don't you? IMAGE(wink0000.gif)

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #10
Everyone needs a little brother or sister. There is no better way to learn life and most of the more complicated emotions, than to grow up with one.

On the monetary side, a mansion would be cool. You could play hide and seek all day without getting bored. And get lost in the garden maze!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #11
My deal is that every idiot with half a brain thinks they can do them, they can't, and ignorance bothers me. For further examples of this, see my long-standing policy on yourself.

--------------------
...there really is nothing that can compare to hot gay sex with a mythological icon.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
My first wish would be that something truly nasty befalleth every idiot out there who attempteth to converse in Middle English and cannot. IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

Oh, and those wishes seemed to be a little one-sided. Money is pretty much equivalent to cars and houses, as well as the abundance of alcoholic beverages and computer games. You have one, you can get the others. How about more diversity? :rolleyes:

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #13
A functional, benign, nonsentient, and voice-activated holochamber.

Beyond that...

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #14
I picked the 'something you didn't say option'. What would I wish for?

Lifelong health and happiness for myself and family (and not 'to live forever')an energy-efficient house that's not too large (I have to do the housework and pay the heating/cooling bills, so a mansion is definitely out)when I finish my studies, I'd like an emotionally satisfying job. If I was given the choice between 1) a very highly paid job that I hated and 2) a lower paid job that I enjoyed - then I'd choose option 2.Money may buy a lot of neat possessions but they're only objects. Money isn't everything and it doesn't buy happiness or real friends.

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #15
For me, it would have to be the elimination of fear, sorrow, pain, worldly desire, and worry, and the attainment of the even-minded state.

[ Friday, May 14, 2004 06:41: Message edited by: Only Half Stultified? ]

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Warrior
Member # 3694
Profile #16
My first wish? Money. Pay off my debts and be able to fund whatever I want. Hire some investors and buy the world out from everyone.

My second: Women. Once you figure out why, you'll know. (Someone who's not my parents to whom I can talk as part of it.)

Third comes an army - what's the point of having the world and someone to give it to if you can't hold it long enough to kick a few billion people off it?

--------------------
And that was exactly the point of itself.
Takes advantage of the easily offended.
Reports of my demise are extremely accurate except for the fact that they refer to my clone.
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by Seaweed:

Everyone needs a little brother or sister. There is no better way to learn life and most of the more complicated emotions, than to grow up with one.

That means that all families will be of infinite numbers of siblings... Panic!

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #18
My first wish would be for two large rocks. My second would be for your gonads. I'd pick the third once I got to it.

Vitriol aside, I really wouldn't want to have three wishes. I don't desire things in any particular order and just getting things by divine fiat rather than having to work for them would not be a good thing when my personality is considered.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #19
This was pretty easy, out of the options given.

(in no precise order)

Money, to, like someone above said, be able to pay off my parents' loans, and to be able to fund whatever I like.

Women. No, that's not accurate enough. The love of one precise girl. Sure, even if I had these wishes, it's be unlikely that she'd ever fall for an ass-ugly, shy, pathethic dolt like me, but meh, I still hope for it.

And then, the mysterious 'something else'. And no, I'm not telling you what it is.

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #20
quote:
Arancaytar:
My first wish would be that something truly nasty befalleth every idiot out there who attempteth to converse in Middle English and cannot.
No one has used Middle English in this topic. The correct term, as Alec said, is baroque; Shakespearean English, with all of its thees and thys and thines, is Modern English. Middle English does not sound or look much like Modern English at all; you wouldn't be able to understand it. (ex: Canterbury Tales)

--------------------
who?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #21
Because people have wandered around this without saying it: the most formal academic term is Early Modern English.

[ Friday, May 14, 2004 09:33: Message edited by: Pronounced Kel-LAN-don ]

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4263
Profile #22
I'd like to live forever!then if there's one thing I have...its all ze time in ze world!
MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

secondly,I'd make an army of.....eyebeasts IMAGE(biggrin0.gif) :rolleyes:

then I wish I was a superhuman mutant
then everyone will go eeeek! IMAGE(eek00000.gif) when I approach!

eek eek=sound you make when I spank you :rolleyes:

Just Kidding! IMAGE(biggrin0.gif) IMAGE(tongue00.gif) :rolleyes:

--------------------
Custer is the worlds biggest noob
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #23
That's clunky, and doesn't specifically designate the area. It could well mean the English that Paine wrote in, it could well mean pre-Shakespeare -- I think the distinction between "middle" and "modern" is foggy enough that you end up with a lot of generally incomprehensible stuff under modern -- and so on. The baroque era, unless my history fails me, is about the period of time the entire thee/thou and conjugation thing was big, but spelling was more or less standard.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
It could well mean the English that Paine wrote in, it could well mean pre-Shakespeare
That would only be true if it weren't a standardized term. Thus, early Modern English could mean damn near anything, but Early Modern English means exactly what you describe towards the bottom of your post. I feel as though I have this on pretty good authority, because my source is Dr. Nicholas Howe, who wrote the book on Old English (literally -- he edited the Norton Critical Edition of Beowulf).

--------------------
Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!! (The home of BoA's HLPM v1.1!)

Rate my scenarios!
Northern Kingdom 0: Prologue
High Level Party Maker
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00

Pages