Favourite Smells

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Favourite Smells
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #25
Molten chocolate; soft fluffy toys; the bush (day or night, any season, be it hot or cold or wet. Even when it's burning, it smells like home); wooden musical instruments.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #26
Possibly the only one of mine that hasn't already been mentioned: The smell of the zip that are on a type of plastic folder, you know the sort you get in primary school sometimes? That's the one.

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #27
I encountered another nice smell today. Freshly washed and dried clothes. They have a wonderful smell, and they're toasty warm, too!

?Alorael, who has never been a fan of plastic smells, especially baggies. They remind him too much of primary school.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #28
No it's just the metal zip, and why don't you like primary schools? You can paint with your hands, the curriculum includes: colour identification and furry, cuddly toys. And of course there is the greatest thing: getting to run amok, swarming the guards on school trips to museums and suchlike.

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #29
I like the smell of food freshly prepared. (Except my school food, smells and tastes like grease! IMAGE(eek00000.gif) )

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #30
Lemon smells fresh, as does most things already mentioned: the spring, the sea, the forest, most berries and so on.

Also, Alorael got it right on spot when he mentioned dried clothes.

And my dirty secret is that I like the smell of a photocopier at work.
Warrior
Member # 3621
Profile #31
Johann's skin.
OK, you don't who is Johann, and I probably won't meet her again.
Anyway let's keep a trace of our history IMAGE(smile000.gif)
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #32
Ah, right, clothes straight out of the dryer and rain. How could I forget? Rain is one of the best smells in the world, before or after. Or during. Mmm.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shock Trooper
Member # 2775
Profile Homepage #33
Clean sheets that dried in the sun; the steam from a hot bath; a sliced orange; 4711 cologne.

--------------------
"I can't give you brains," said the Wizard of Oz to the Scarecrow, "but I can give you a diploma." - L. Frank Baum
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #34
I like the smell of permanently blocked nose.

--------------------
Blades of Avernum Script Archive - Submit your script now!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #35
Mucus actually smells quite bad. It's one of life's mercies that we can't smell it at all once there's enough of it.

?Alorael, who has discovered that he prefers the smell of cold days. Or maybe that's just the absence of smell again.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #36
Yes, freshly dried clothes do have a very good smell to them. Also the smell of the earth and leaves after a rain, fresh wood, and sometimes white-out. Can't think of any more scents I like...
The sampaguita (Southeast Asian flower) is a must-smell, the best-smelling flower I've smelled.

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Apprentice
Member # 3122
Profile #37
Aloreal, Firedrake. Familiar faces. I'm finally... back. as for smells, I like: clothing fresh off the line, the smoke from burning cedar wood, and coffee. lots and lots of coffee.

--------------------
seven times smitten, seven times signed, and seven times sealed. There is no turning back for Smite.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #38
I know! I win! FRESH MOWED GRASS! Oh yeah.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #39
I absolutely love the musty smell of old books that have stood in a library for about 10-20 years or so. It's a wonderful scent, seriously. IMAGE(wink0001.gif)

Oh, and a forest just after it has rained. But I think that was mentioned.

[ Friday, April 02, 2004 08:48: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #40
New bank notes!
Actually, this is only topped by the multimedia experience of the zeros printed on new banknotes - many of them!
It is a pity that I cannot smell the zeros....
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #41
Mmmm petrol... Fried onions, cigarettes (lit and unlit), CKBe, pizza, hash, fresh sweat on a man.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #42
Whenever I even start to think about thinking about starting to think about food, I smell McDonalds. I don't know why. The chips smell good (well all chips do). I like most smells.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #43
Actually some Thai or Chinese smells double diamond gorgeous. Mmmm... tie.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 1892
Profile #44
THree things I love. The freshly fired smell of gunpowder, the smell of the assasin upwind that saves my life, and... oh yah! Thgousands of Non-sequential twenties!

[ Saturday, April 03, 2004 05:15: Message edited by: Shadow Of the Hegemon ]

--------------------
Share this Dragon
If you do,
Then Lucky End
For them and You
-----------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
?Alorael, whose addiction is going strong. The nice thing about liquid skribbane extract is that it's far more concentrated. It only takes a few gallons to get his fix, whereas chewing leaves would take forever. Literally.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fall under the shadow
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #45
Uh, FatBat, that's already been mentioned...

How can you people like the smell of money? It's actually quite disgusting, in my opinion. I mean, think of where that money could have been! Freshly printed money, maybe, but I don't know what that smells like, so...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3801
Profile Homepage #46
Gasoline, Glue, Permanent markers, Coke, Aerosol cans, etc.... IMAGE(wink0001.gif)

--------------------
Only the insane equate pain with success.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #47
Eww, I hate organic solvent smells: markers, petrol, new paint, etc.

I like the smell of most foods, even foods I don't actually like eating.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #48
I'd say the most repellent odor I have ever smelled has got to be that produced by burning flesh. Although the circumstances in which I was exposed to this smell weren't all that terrifying (a surgery in a vet clinic, in which I assisted) the raw terror inspired by the smell itself was quite powerful.

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Infiltrator
Member # 3776
Profile Homepage #49
I am kind of wierd.Thw wierdest thing is that i like the smell of paints. IMAGE(frown000.gif) The thing i hate is the smell of something called an onion or garlic.

--------------------
Some stupid laws

If it is mine,it is mine.
If I had it a second ago,it is mine
If it looks like it is mine it is mine.
If it is your's and you keep it down,it becomes mine.
If I like something,it is mine
If I see something,then it is mine.

Please click here
Do not visit this Page

Want to visit the misc.boards-This is the only WAY

-Stinging Munster

Pages