My PC crashed!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: My PC crashed!
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #0
My computer crashed!

My dad fixed it, but EVERYTHING had to be wiped off.

I have lost the following Spidweb games(NOT demos):
Avernum3
Nethergate

If I find out I lost more than that, I'll poast them, too.

Will I be able to get them back?
Or, at least Avernum3(I have the Nethergate disk)?

[ Thursday, January 01, 2004 06:15: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #1
:rolleyes: PC´s

...get a Mac.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Zephyr Tempest:

My computer crashed!

My dad fixed it, but EVERYTHING had to be wiped off.

I have lost the following Spidweb games(NOT demos):
Avernum3
Nethergate

If I find out I lost more than that, I'll poast them, too.

Will I be able to get them back?
Or, at least Avernum3(I have the Nethergate disk)?

1. Your PC didn't crash, Windows dis a big screw up. It's a different thing.

--------------------
The Automated Ad-Free Horizontal-Scrollbar-Proof Blades of Avernum Script Archive
Creature Scripts | Terrain Scripts | Cool Stuff | Dialogue Scripts
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #3
Since you don't have the A3 disc, just re-download the demo and ask Jeff for a new registration code. If you provide your name and address and it's in his database (which it would be if you registered), he'll send you another code.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #4
Mac computers suck. They may be more simple to use to some people, but if you grew up using PCs, its like trying to learn a new language. I'll always stick to PCs. However I regret getting Windows XP Professional. That windows program is full of bugs and problems.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Warrior
Member # 3252
Profile #5
Learning a new language? The whole idea is simplicity. Climb out of your hole and just try it!

--------------------
Learn About The Man Behind the Messiah.
Warrior
Member # 3252
Profile #6
Learning a new language? The whole idea is simplicity. Climb out of your hole and just try it!

--------------------
Learn About The Man Behind the Messiah.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #7
Here we have a nice new debate coming up..

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #8
MSW, are you aware that the original Windows interface was just about a straight lift of the Macintosh interface at the time? The icon system, developed by Apple, was entirely stolen by Microsoft, and when Apple filed a lawsuit for the theft, the judge decided in favor of Microsoft, most probably as a result of a secret "present" from Gates. So by insulting Macintosh computers and the Macintosh interface, you are also insulting the Windows operating system. Just thought you'd like to know. :P

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #9
Panther looks pretty powerful to me, but I'm just more used to Windows and its problems. It is kind of sad how Microsoft has so many resources but can't patch up all the holes in their OS.

I wish I had Avernum 3.

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #10
I still say that Macs suck. The legal battle means nothing to me. I don't like Mac computers because I am not used to them. I don't like trying new things. Especially when I don't have the money to do so.

You can harp on me all you want. But here in PA, most people prefer PCs. Most of the people who live in my area anyway. They are more available to the public here than Macs are. The only good Mac computers are the old ones with the old games on those big floppy disks like Oregon Trail and Number Munchers. Or even that game with the fish in the water.

No one in my family that I know of uses a Mac computer. It’s somewhat genetic that we all hate them. We all prefer PCs because they are the better of the two in our opinions. The school I went to has two computer labs. One with PCs, the other with Mac computers. Every time we had to use the Mac lab, all the students would grumble. They always dashed into the PC lab to get the beast seats. Around here, PCs are preferred.

--------------------

Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #11
There are plenty of sensible reasons not to like Macs. Why do you have to pick a stupid reason?

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #12
Hey, when you were born, you weren't used to breathing, were you? So what are you doing breathing now?? Stop it! Stop it!

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #13
I still have trouble closing windows whenever I have to use a mac (what do the symbols on the boxes mean?!). With the x it is so much simpler :P

[ Thursday, January 01, 2004 10:40: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #14
I don't think macs suck, they are just different than PCs so I can't use them.
quote:
The only good Mac computers are the old ones with the old games on those big floppy disks like Oregon Trail and Number Munchers. Or even that game with the fish in the water.
I have one, yeah go "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis."

--------------------
I be rockin' da paradise baby.
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

I still have trouble closing windows whenever I have to use a mac (what do the symbols on the boxes mean?!). With the x it is so much simpler :P
I close windows on my Mac by clicking on the little x :P

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #16
Ok. Let me put it this way. I only started using computers around 1998. I was deprived as a child. My parents were too poor to buy me a good computer and they don't even know how to use one. In school, when the teachers first tried to teach me how to use a computer, they tried to do it with a Mac computer. But the Mac was too complicated for me to understand at the time. When they tried it with a PC computer, I found it much easier to use. I was therefore able to learn how to use a computer thanks to a PC.

Just because some of you people find Macs easier to use than PCs, doesn't mean that everyone else shares your opinion. Some people find PCs easier to use than Macs. I just happen to be one of them. :rolleyes:

[ Thursday, January 01, 2004 10:59: Message edited by: Sherlock Holmes - MSW ]

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3801
Profile Homepage #17
just hit command-w to close windows. Its a lot easier

--------------------
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Take a chance at the Chance Forums!
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #18
MSW, WTH. Macs suck because you don't understand how to use them? Um. Maybe I was dropped on my head as a child, but for some reason, I can't figure out why that would be a problem with Macs, and not a problem with you. You can say that they're no easier to use, I'll accept that, but saying that they're so hard you can't even figure out how to use one? I've lost my fanatical edge with Macs, thankfully, but seriously, people...

And about games: yeah, you guessed it: WTH? You have given us good evidence that you know nothing about Macs, nothing whatsoever.

[ Thursday, January 01, 2004 13:54: Message edited by: Sir David ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #19
Bad that you lost your games, but isn't it nice to see how smoothly everything is running now? I don't want to be a pest, but remember, always deinstall, never just delete what you don't need anymore. ;)

--------------------
Polaris
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #20
Well, isn't deleting and deinstalling the same thing? I think that deleting is somewhat more thorough since deinstalling sometimes doesn't take care of those registry codes. But I guess you could always uninstall first and then delete the rest...oh well, who cares?

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #21
What sort of reason do you want me to give for why I don't like Macs? You are right when you say that I know nothing about Macs. But that is exactly my point. I don't care for Macs, so why "should" I know anything about them?

My point is that I don't like Macs. My real reason for not liking them has somehow been lost to time. I can't remember it anymore, but something definitely gave me an aversion to them.

With me, once I get an aversion to something, I avoid it at all costs.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #22
No, it's not the same. Programs share files among them. Deleting will make you lose files other applications or programs would have needed, which can lead to all sorts of trouble, system crashes included. Deinstalling preserves shared files and leaves them on your computer.

--------------------
Polaris
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #23
Macs are cheaper, and I hear they are more reliable. That's all I know about Macs. If I was actually to use on of them, then I would have a reason to argue good or bad against them. But since I don't know, I don't really care much either.

I heard Unix/Linux were good systems. But nobody argues about them.

EDIT: ef, are you talking about a mac or pc?

[ Thursday, January 01, 2004 14:28: Message edited by: Gremlin Chief ]

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #24
I don't know anything about Macs, as I've never used one. And around here they are not cheaper, just the contrary. But I suppose that if you inadvertently deleted some system directory files, a Mac would like that as little as a PC does.

--------------------
Polaris

Pages