What are YOU doing for Christmas?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What are YOU doing for Christmas?
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #50
Anyway, I will get up early and go to work. I get time and a half on holidays.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Warrior
Member # 3390
Profile #51
quote:Originally written by Ironweed:
And yet another topic falls into the cathegory of "My religion is the best!!! Yours suck!!!"I think its more like :"My God can kick your Gods ass!"

Oh, i forgot. I get to play Santa Claus this year. YAY!

[ Tuesday, December 16, 2003 02:45: Message edited by: M6mmi ]

--------------------
Call 1-800-NOT-1337
--------------------
Disturbing the dead since 1986.
--------------------
All your ass are belong to ME!
--------------------
NEVER underestimate your enemies
Never OVERestimate your friends
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #52
I put up a tree even though I'm Jewish, since my dad's side of the family is Christian. But I'm more excited for the 20th, when James turns six.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3390
Profile #53
Who is James?

--------------------
Call 1-800-NOT-1337
--------------------
Disturbing the dead since 1986.
--------------------
All your ass are belong to ME!
--------------------
NEVER underestimate your enemies
Never OVERestimate your friends
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #54
Drakefyre. Just...don't ask.

--------------------
KhothMk2: You don't get 72 virgin camels though
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #55
James is going to be six. He is having a dinosaur themed party with a triceratops on his cake, and no balloons.

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #56
Christmas day isn't as amazing to me since I just enjoy the Christmas atmosphere that is present the days before it. Let's see, I'll Wake up late.Eat a nice breakfast.Watch TV and play on the computer.Eat simple lunch.Go out somewhere and have some fun while fitting in some exercise.Come back and open any sort of presents. (I rarely get any of course. Checks beforehand are the most common present.)Have a great dinner.Take a long, nice shower.Relax and do whatever.Sleep.

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #57
No balloons?

Reality, whatever you said, tone it down (judging from the responses...)

TM, not cool sir.

Alec, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Quakerism involve a belief in God? And if so, why have you argued against his existance so often?

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #58
Really, David, how many times does he have to answer this question or variations of it before his answers get through your thick skull?

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #59
I've never known Alec to take an atheist stance. As long as I've known him, he's been a Christian to some degree.

And I am a daoist discordian.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #60
I have argued against your rigorous interpretation of His extance, perhaps. If this makes me an atheist, so be it.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #61
James does not like balloons, as they pose a risk of sudden loud noise.

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #62
quote:Originally written by Sir David:

Alec, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Quakerism involve a belief in God? And if so, why have you argued against his existance so often?
He felt like it, most likely. Why must you ask questions so much? You must annoy alot of people.

--------------------
Professor Frost gives me ideas.
Professor Frost has many an eye.
Professor Frost always foils my plans.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #63
And in order to throw some gasoline on the bonfire...

Anyone here heard of "Anslem's Godproof" (at least that's what I think it's called)?

"The idea of God is Him being the most perfect creature and existance ever. This is true. An existing being is always more perfect than a non-existing one. Therefore, God must exist. Otherwise any small bug would stand above Him and be more perfect than Him."

This idea obviously has many flaws (read: you don't have to point them out), but it's still interesting.

For your amusement only!
Warrior
Member # 3694
Profile #64
There is no god. Period. Christ existed, and was a wise man, but he was the son of no god. But that's my belief. (No, I'm not going to hell. You're all sending me to hell, but yer doin' that anyway...)

That said, I'm still happy to have his birthday off...

Too bad this forum does'nt have a "devil" graemlin.

--------------------
And that was exactly the point of itself.
Takes advantage of the easily offended.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #65
There are no really good proofs of God's existence. All the ones there are were fatally flawed because they worked off the standpoint that everybody believed in God anyway.

There can, in my opinion, be no such proof. Either you have faith or you don't. You might just be able to disprove God's existence, except the omnipotence thing makes that difficult, but short of the second coming, you can't prove he exists.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #66
Um, Anslem's makes no sense at all. If God doesn't exist, it's pointless to assign attributes (such as complete perfection) to him.

Either that or you could just laugh at the initial statement as "if God exists, God exists".

---

Anyway, trying to prove / disprove God's existence is more or less a waste of time. It's a matter of personal faith.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #67
It also assumes things not everyone will agree with. In my experience, things are always more perfect before they exist.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #68
Alec: Rigorous interpretation? He exists or He doesn't, really...

Jonnie: Considering that you dubbed Ironweed "Mercenary II", I really don't care what you think of me.

Stughalf: This is the second time I've asked, so the answer is twice, if the question is actually answered the second time.

Everyone else: I'm talking about AIM too, not just Spiderweb.

Jame, about God's name: Whether you believe in God or not, his name must be capitalized if you use it as a name, as you did in your post.

Also, how do all of you think everything was created? Creationism, evolution, Big Bang, mixes, something completely different... well?

Saunders: Understandable... hm... maybe he should have those plastic helium balloons, and cover them with duct tape. Then they're virtually unpoppable, and so pretty... and high voices are always fun...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #69
Alec: Rigorous interpretation? He exists or He doesn't, really...
*spreads his hands*

Jonnie: Considering that you dubbed Ironweed "Mercenary II", I really don't care what you think of me.

I don't think anyone is paying attention to him

Stughalf: This is the second time I've asked, so the answer is twice, if the question is actually answered the second time.

I'm sure you've done so more than that...

Everyone else: I'm talking about AIM too, not just Spiderweb.

*shrug*

Jame, about God's name: Whether you believe in God or not, his name must be capitalized if you use it as a name, as you did in your post.

Also, how do all of you think everything was created? Creationism, evolution, Big Bang, mixes, something completely different... well?

Jame is a rebel of meat. Consistent belief systems are for nihilists.

Saunders: Understandable... hm... maybe he should have those plastic helium balloons, and cover them with duct tape. Then they're virtually unpoppable, and so pretty... and high voices are always fun...

FORWARD THE FOUNDATION

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #70
Re: creation/big bang/whatever

I don't care.

Seriously. How can I know, and what effect does it have on me?
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #71
I certainly feel that there is a higher presence, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that there is a God. There are no real proofs to God's existence since someone will always try to explain the supernatural, and in this world they usually find a pretty good explanation. Eventually, anyway. Well, we'll all find out once we die, I guess. Of course, I believe in the resonant consciousness of the afterlife...

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #72
Jonnie: Considering that you dubbed Ironweed "Mercenary II", I really don't care what you think of me.Of you don't, why do you post it? I thought you didn't care.

And, yes, I did dub him Mercenary II. That was because he was being annoying, just like you, but he's not even in this, so why you bring this up is beyond me.

--------------------
Professor Frost gives me ideas.
Professor Frost has many an eye.
Professor Frost always foils my plans.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #73
Now he is! Hurrah!

I don't think I'm like Mercenary in the least. Neither do I think you have the power to dub anyone to anything. Of you have a problem with this, so be it.

Thank you! I will now take my leave and save the topic from further spamming and flaming.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #74
Stughalf: This is the second time I've asked, so the answer is twice, if the question is actually answered the second time.Perhaps you have only asked him twice, but why, may I ask, do Alec's personal beliefs matter so much to you?

quote:Jame, about God's name: Whether you believe in God or not, his name must be capitalized if you use it as a name, as you did in your post.Ah, how we excel at following our own mandates...

quote:Also, how do all of you think everything was created? Creationism, evolution, Big Bang, mixes, something completely different... well?Although I believe in evolution, I do think that the very first living being on Earth, probably some sort of primite marine prokaryote, was created and placed in the ocean by a supreme power. After this point evolution was allowed to take its course.

[ Thursday, December 18, 2003 07:29: Message edited by: Stughalf ]

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky

Pages