Flying around the universe, and hope to get back for tea

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Flying around the universe, and hope to get back for tea
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #0
Flying around the universe, and hope to get back for tea

Not everyone likes non-starship orientated RP plots...
If you'll remember a previous RP, 'around the universe however long it takes',
it was an interesting space-themed RP... this is a mixture of various attempts
to resurrect it more sensibly. I actually still have backups of it, if anyone would like an email to view, although the last few posts were cut off.

Prologue

IC: Having left Variss in the year 3021, as the planet was threateaned by impending doom due to a large rock hitting it, a small few people escaped the small, doomed planet, just minutes before impact. 'Hibernating' throughout the multi-century journey, by pure luck, they found a small, deserted planet, just stable enough to live on, although it would be a lot harder. In time, the planet became overpopulated, and a large project was undertaken, to create an 'elevator' to a larger neighbouring planet. Using advanced technology to allow the cable to swing on the orbit, they built it, and eventually equalised the people over both planets. In later years, however, the two planets split up and formed a space-war against each other. The ones on the larger planet mainly fought as the Jiilnog, while the smaller, original planet fought as tha Xain. Some dissapeared from the planets mysteriously, thought to be hiding somewhere, hoping for the war to blow over. Others joined the other side, and they were reguarded as traitors to their faith. As years went by, the Jiilnog lost a small number who formed the Aqiol, who managed (alebit barely) to survive on the same planet of the Jiilnog. Eventually, the Aquiol left in a small shuttle and were never found nor seen again, and the Xain became more powerful than the Jiilnog, and success was certain for the Xain. The Jiilnog, in panicked desperation, for the possibility of their extinction, evacuated in all the spaceworthy craft they could find; a few of the last of the Jiilnog are evacuating on the only remaining spaceworthy ship they could use; the Annisail. You are standing at the the ramp up, and there are 10 minutes before it leaves. It is your only hope of survival. You are the last evacuees, and you'd better get on it quick, because the ramp is well guarded and you aren't on the guest list.

OOC: For the sake of ease of RPing, people can still join after takeoff, annoyingly.
Oh, and by the way, this is serious. No messing around or controlfreaking this time.

[ Sunday, December 07, 2003 09:23: Message edited by: So Old, So Back... ]

--------------------
CMS for PHP/MySQL Supporting Webservers
The Automated Ad-Free Horizontal-Scrollbar-Proof Blades of Avernum Script Archive
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
Whoops! You're full of bullshit!! ^_^

The rule is only 2 RPs at a time. This one is invalid.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #2
Hey! The rule is 3 RPs! And this seems interesting!
Just a question;
quote:Originally written by So Old, So Back...:
You are the last evacuees, and you'd better get on it quick, because the ramp is well guarded and you aren't on the guest list.Do this mean that the guards at the ramp are hostile?

[ Sunday, December 07, 2003 10:05: Message edited by: Master Chief ]

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #3
STD, I assure you, the rule is 2 RPs.

Don't post here, it'll only be locked when Imban gets on.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #4
Seriously! I rememeber some place it said: "Sorry *Whatever his name was*, only 3 RPs at once," i am very certain! Are you really shure you are not wrong?

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #5
There's been talk of it being 2. And talk of it being three. According to Alorael(I think), it's 3. However, this RP is more poorly thought out than anything Lone Flame could possibly come up with, so it might as well be locked and have someone come up with a better RP.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #6
Considering that the others two RPs are almost finished, who cares? if you are that afraid of it being locked, copy and paste your hard work in a word document and save it until the next RP is finished, which I assure you will not be long.

(Lifts eyelids and looks around in sheer desperation for something to drink. "Tea!!!! I must have some tea!!!!! We're out?!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" and faints on the floor)

I might use that in the RP when it is legallized.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #7
Hear him! Hear him!
Annyway, you are very strange tonight.
And i thougt this was a serious RP MSW?

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #8
Er.. 1. I only saw one other RP. Sorry if I broke a rule, but if one's virtually finished and we don't even know if it *is* 2, it might as well stay open for the benefit of the doubt.

2. Not everone likes space RPs. If you think this is the worst RP possible in history, you don't have to play.

3. The guards will become hostile if you try and enter, and are keeping an eye on you.

Now please can we get back to the RP? it's what the topic's for you know.

--------------------
The Automated Ad-Free Horizontal-Scrollbar-Proof Blades of Avernum Script Archive
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #9
Just because I don't care if I can or not...:

Character:

Jonah aka Jonnie

Hair: Long and black (for fun!)
Height: 5' 10" (my height yay)
Weight: 115
Eye: Left: Dialated, blue; Right: Completely white, although not blind

Story and Stuffs: Jonah is a Rouge Soldier, originally was supposed to be fighting the war, but couldn't, for he had to flee with the others. When news got out that the low ranked soldiers--Jonnie included--were to be left to die, Jonnie went into hiding. He had lived on the street a year and they are finally ready to flee. Jonnie has some poor leather armor, a standard pistol, and a short sword that he found lying around someplace. On to the show!

IC: Jonnie stops at the ramp. This will be hell, there's too many guards around, and he has to get on the ship. He contemplated creating a fake identity, but there was too little time left. They will be

(OOC: What are the winning/losing conditions? Are there any?)

lifting of in only ten minutes, and it will take almost that long to get into the ship, with or without a valid identity.

--------------------
Professor Frost gives me ideas.
Professor Frost has many an eye.
Professor Frost always foils my plans.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #10
The RP will end when you get the feeling it's getting old and to an end and just feels right.

IC
UA was sitting uncomfortably on a large patch of damp moss behind a large boulder. He peered over the top and took a look at the two guards guarding the ramp. They were heavily armoured and had ZI-90 laser pistols, which could easily stun him in 1 shot on maximum setting and kill him in 3 shots on maximum setting. Then again, if it wasn't on maximum setting it would take more shots, and that was the best he could hope for. He took out an extremely thin slice of plastic. Looking closely, he found a small crack inside it and opened it up. He dialled a two digit number (73) and hit a large green button below the numberpad. It took around two seconds but then he saw the button vaugely turn red and heard Jonnie reply from the miniscule sonic-speaker implanted into his ear, which ensured that nobody would overhear the incoming side of the conversation.

UA: Jonnie. Check the back for possible alternate entrances. We've only got eight and a half minutes now. You know to call me back (24) if you find anything.

Without hesitation, he pressed the now red button again, which suddenly turned back green, and then closed the plastic flap. Sliding it into his pocket, he took out a small, old, erratic and unreliable ZI-14. It had a nasty tendancy to stop working whenever you needed it most, and it took around 5 shots on maximum setting to stun anyone. Even worse, the thing had permanently jammed on 3/4 setting, so it would take six or seven to stun anyone, let alone to kill them. Trying one more time and in vain to set it to max, he aimed very, very nervously, and trying not to hurry, and tried to find a weak spot in the guards' armour. After he fired first, they'd have about two minutes to get in the ship before guards came pouring, and even now they haven't got the roof-doors open yet for takeoff. He didn't even know if he'd be able to take out the first before getting caught. Since these guns had a tendancy to make them dizzy for a few seconds, he decided his best bet was to aim at one, then the second, then the first, then the second, and so on. It took a lot of work not to start shaking, he was extremely nervous.

Bang. He saw, and saw that one of the guards seemed disorientated as he had hoped for. He shook the gun, trying to get it to speed up it's one second reload time, and finally when it was ready again, shot the second, waited, and one of the guards yelled an alarm, shot first, waited, the guard yelled again, shot second..Until finally one was down. The second remained..two more shots and he was down. But now he could hear footsteps approaching, and fast. He would not have long; and he didn't even know if he had enough time; to get aboard, and jonnie was another matter.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #11
OOC: No one ever really gave LF a shot at creating an RP, he always got shot down really early in it. So rather than do the same to you, I'll give you a chance.

*pulls out old Rifts character sheet and archieved RP characters sheet*

Character:
Name: Macton
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Heigth: 6ft
Weight: 150
Equipment: 2 Zat guns(1 shot stuns, 2 shots kill, 3 shots destroy the body), a gladius(for stabbing), 1 staff weapon(it shoot energy blasts), chainmail armor(JHM3's #1 choice in armor), 1 can of WD40, 3 lighters, 2 combat knives, 1 P90 w. nightvision scope, & a few grenades.
Abilities: Kill stuff, BS, Outsmart idiots, Stab stuff, Blow stuff up, Set stuff on fire, ect.

IC:
Macton: Well, it would appear that they really want to put only the best of the best on this little ship. And yet they forgot to invite me. Well, I'm just gonna have to fix that.

*After some waiting, Macton's chance had come. Some crazy dude had been taking shots at the guards. In the chaos Macton snuck inside the ship. He then found a place to hide from the guards and waited for take off.*

OOC: Btw, I'm gonna be posting in script style. Just thought I'd let you know.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #12
IC-Meanwhile...

UA stood about to press the 'retract ramp' button, then realised it would be better if he left it open, to appear less suspicious... He quickly ran and found a good place to hide (kitchen stores, behind boxes), and started phoning everyone on this 'mission' of his he knew was still alive, and telling them to get on and hide ASAP.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #13
Jonnie heard the yelling and knew what UA was doing. He was still crouched behind one of the cargo boxes and was facing east. To the east was a vast meadow that lead to other lands, and, luckily for him, no one came from that way. UA had been nice enough to leave him alone for the first ten minutes before, and instead of being stuck with one of UA's ZI-14, jonnie had grabbed himself a ZI-25. It wasn't much better than a ZI-14, but it'd do.

After he heard three thumps on the ramp, Jonnie looked over the cargo box. There was UA, by the ramp.

Jonnie thought things were going well, albeit something worried him. Who was that man who walked into the ship right then? He took out his X-15 communicator, the thin piece of plastic he and UA used, opened it, and dialed (24).

Jonnie: UA, did you see that guy?

UA didn't answer, so he looked over at him. He shook his head.

[ Sunday, December 07, 2003 12:29: Message edited by: Jonnie Zolohahni ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #14
IC

UA heard footsteps grow nearer and nearer. He started to worry, and then they came in the room. He hoped..he hoped..he hoped... then the footsteps stopped. "Room KiStor2 Clear. Wherever the intruders are, they aren't in here," came a gruff voice, but UA didn't dare to look for a face. It was around a minute before he dared to look up again. He took out his communicator and opened it, and dialled Jonnie's number and hit the button. A second or two later, Jonnie's voice rang back at him.

"Jonnie, some guy with a gruff voice just came in and looked for 'Intruders'. They didn't see me, but they're looking for us... be careful. I can't tell you where I am, it might get intercepted, but I'm on the ship, and you need to get on *now*. There's not a lot of time jonnie, I make it five minutes.. coming on four. If you have to, run, but don't let anyone see you. I think..I think if they see anyone actually go on they'll be doing much more close searches of the ship, and we don't stand a chance against them. Hurry jonnie, time is not on our side.". He pressed the utton again, shivered at the thought that he was left behind, closed the communicator, and put it back in his pocket of the jacket that he had thrown on at random, with absolutely no time to think. He dug his hands into his pockets, and felt the few possestions he'd managed to stuff in there, which were not many compared to the amount of stuff he'd tried to cram in there. He leaned against the cold metal wall, careful to stay below the boxes, and hoped.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #15
Jonnie suddenly knew who they were looking for. It was that shady character, not UA. Whoever it is might cause them a lot of trouble.

The guards are still walking about. Jonnie looks over the cargo box and see they are congregating onto the ship. He thinks that maybe they won't see them if they're looking into ship.. it's dangerous, but he has to risk it. He only has.. what? Two, three minutes left? And UA might need his help.

So he runs. He runs low, but he runs all the same. He reaches the ramp easily, the guards are already inside. But.. right before he reaches the ramp, it starts to retract. And fast. Damnit! jonnie yells, and he has to run to keep up, but he shouldn't be worried, he jumps a little and he is in.

He starts looking for UA and he hears a guard behind him. Jonnie is nervous and almost stumbles. Then the guard whispers and he knows who it is... UA!

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #16
UA helps Jonnie up, and begins to explain;
Glad you got on board in time. Nothing was happening so I risked taking a look around, next thing I saw was you running up the retracting ramp.

UA looked at the now retracted ramp. Although the ramp was retracted, the doors were still open and someone could still climb in. UA stepped forward, and muttered quietly... 'Not everyone made it...'. A moment later, he shakes himself out of his mindless staring, due to the doors shutting tight. He knew it was night out there, but still, the fact that no light whatsoever emitted from the almost invisible now crack of the doors startled him slightly.

He heard a loud buzzing twice and hurridly stepped back as the inner doors closed and sealed. He heard the air being pumped out of the chamber in between the two sets of doors.

"I don't get it.. what were we thinking when we did this? I mean, we can't stay hidden forever...we just can't. We'd get found out. And we need to eat and stuff. We..we'll have to make an introduction eventually and I don't know when but I'd rather leave it until when there's no going back, when we've taken off."

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #17
"I know, you're right, but one thing we have to do first: we need to find that guy."

When UA looks at him with a perplexed look, Jonnie explains.

"Right before you got on, just after you shot those three guards, some guy snuck in. I don't know who he was; he wasn't one of us. I.. I didn't get a good look at him. All I know he has black hair, like mine, only shorter."

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #18
IC
UA looks at Jonnie with something resembling a slight fear for a moment, then he slowly takes out his pistol...

"Don't set it to fatal. We don't know they're after us..yet."

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #19
IC- Jonnie takes out his own pistol, and they start to walk down a long corridor. UA says nothing as Jonnie comments about how empty it seems. He just puts a finger to his lips, signaling for quiet. Jonnie shuts up and they continue.

OOC: Haven't you noticed no one is posting but us?

IC - About halfway down the corridor, Jonnie hears something in the room to the right and stops UA. 'What is that?' UA hits his arm, a little frustrated at Jonnie. 'Be quiet!'

Jonnie obeys as UA reaches for the open button to the right of the door..

[ Sunday, December 07, 2003 14:02: Message edited by: Jonnie Zolohahni ]

--------------------
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #20
Two-man RPs suck.
Case in point:
code: .::7777::-.
/:'////' `::>/|/ ,.-----__
.', |||| `/( e\ ,:::://///,:::-.
-==~-'`-Xm````-mr' `-_\ /:''/////// ``:::`;/|/
/' |||||| :://'`\
, .' , |||||| `/( e \
\/ -===~__-'\__X_`````\_____/~`-._ `.
., ~~ ~~ `~-'
_____ /`
'\/ ,::////;::-. \| o
/:'///// ``::>/|/ \/
.', |||| `/( e\
-==~-'`-Xm````-mm-' `-_\ \, SdM

RIDDLE ME THIS !!!!
IF I HAVE SEX WITH AN ANIMAL OF THE SAME GENDER
(ARMADILLOS PICTURED HERE AS AN EXAMPLE)
DOES THAT MAKE ME GAY OR AM I JUST SPLITTING HAIRS ??????

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #21
OOC: Someone please delete that, mods?

Thank you. And come on, participate. If you participate now, you're teleported onto the ship, okay? So you still can, and trust me, it's fun.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #22
OOC: Better yet, you'll be one of the people who made it that we don't know is inside yet. Funyuns!

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #23
OOC: I don't think you should spend the entire time on the ship undetected. The people on the ship are supposed to be your allies after all. Please don't kill my character without my consent.

Name: Jarvis Snyder
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green and Red
Height: 6'1"
Special information: He is the head of security on the ship and in war time he is the lieutenant general of the mobile infantry division. Jarvis is genetically engineered and has an ocular implant. He is a very skilled soldier although his sympathy and mercy is his weakness.

Jarvis is standing on the bridge with the captain.

Captain William: Hello, Jarvis. I can see that you are worried. We'll get out of this alive and we'll get those Xians no matter what. In fact, my researchers are working on a sort of, well...

Jarvis: No, it's not that, sir. I have full confidence in our ability to defeat the Xians and I know that they are completely unaware of our departure. What I'm worried about is that the three ramp guards didn't make it onto the ship in time. I have a feeling someone killed them and snuck onto the ship. Worst case scenario, an enemy spy.

Captain: What? Why didn't you tell me of this sooner?

Jarvis: I feel that the people who snuck on were probably just refugees that want to get off the planet. I have started a surreptious search for them.

Captain: If you can't find them in the next 4 hours, you have my permission to initiate a lockdown.

Jarvis: I'll head the search myself, sir.

Captain: Dimissed.

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #24
UA's finger is almost on the 'open' button for the door, when they hear footsteps approaching. Jonnie can hear voices.

Voice 1: I feel that the people who snuck on were probably just refugees that want to get off the planet. I have started a surreptious search for them.

Voice 2: If you can't find them in the next 4 hours, you have my permission to initiate a lockdown.

V1: I'll head the search myself, sir.

V2: Dimissed.

The footsteps stop at the door and UA quickly opens the door on the opposite wall. They rush in and are glad to see it is only a storage room. After a minute of searching they find a reason to be happy for the first time since they got on the ship: food and weapons.

'Damn that was close, but at least we have something we want,' says Jonnie.

UA agrees and they remember the man and the footsteps. They need to know who the both of them were.. Jonnie, being the stupider of the two, leaves UA to open the boxes (although that is stupid) and opens the door (hmm, I guess that means he's stupider ). He looks to his left, and lo and behold, is a man in uniform walking away. How fun.

--------------------

Pages