suicide methodes

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: suicide methodes
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Balathermo of Blackrock:

Emotionless pleasures- and there are plenty. Sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, anime, computer games, good-tasting things, intellectual curiosities and the elimination thereof, physical exercizes, etc... If I wasn't enjoying anything in this life, then I might contemplate auto-removal (euphemism of the day), but as it stands, that just doesn't seem like the most entertaining option.
If those are emotionless pleasures, you're doing at least half of them wrong. And what do you mean by the elimination of intellectual curiosities?

Does an emotionless pleasure even make sense?

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #26
Of course there are emotionless pleasures.
For example, sex (first thing I could think of).
You can go out, get drunk, meet someone and have fantastic sex (completely physical), but have no feelings about the situation at all except for physical pleasure.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #27
Isn't 'pleasure' an emotion? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards suicide methodes (2)_files/rolleyes.gif)

--------------------
Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #28
Okay, I've got it now.

I was defining emotion too widely, such that even shining my optical mouse's light at the wall was no emotionless. (And it's not a pleasure for long, sadly)

[ Sunday, October 12, 2003 08:15: Message edited by: Khoth ]

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #29
Sex is never not emotional. Just ask Traci Lords.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #30
Khoth- I meant to say "satiating" curiosity, but it was early, and the part of my brain that manages rhetoric was down. —_—

Djur- Saying all sex is emotional to someone who aims to remove emotions and enjoys his hand vigorously is trying to convince a female that all women are brainless animals.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #31
Masturbation isn't sex, TM.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #32
You can still have sex without any feelings whatsoever about the other person involved.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #33
Don't kill yourself.

I pondered suicide almost every day for two and a half years, (before that too, but not as often) and I think my favourite way to go would be drowning while heavily sedated; bring a bottle of sleeping pills and some alcohol to your favourite diving spot. Tie or duct tape yourself to enough rocks to drag you down. Put yourself in such a position that you know you'll fall into the water when you crash. Take your medicine. Read a good book.

I've been free of depression for more than 16 months now, though. Sure my life still isn't that great, but I have the power to change that and there are things worth living for.

[ Sunday, October 12, 2003 11:07: Message edited by: Emsam ]

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #34
I have thought, mostly in the abstract, about killing myself before, but have never actually thought of it as a real option or made any plans. If you are actually planning suicide or thinking of methods to take your own life, you should attempt to seek help immediately from one of the many hotlines available. No one you know needs to know about it. Do this as soon as possible.

On a purely intellectual level though, I've always thought of poison as being the most sensible way of killing oneself, as one can, by this method, end his life without excessive pain or destruction of outward appearance. Going by the theory of Agatha Christie that "murder is a habit," requesting someone else to put you out of your misery would be a bad idea. The individual carrying out such a request would risk being transformed irrevocably into a homicidal monster.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #35
That'd make a lot of dioctors homocidal maniacs then.... I generally agree with the rest f what you said though.

BTW, I'd specifically disrecommend drowning as a suicide method. Try not breathing for a while and you'll discover its distressing as a matter of nstinct. Swallowing excessive fluids only accentuates this. Death by 'Chinese water torture' anyone? Similarly, poisoning is not necessarily either quick or painless. You know how they treat people ODing on aspirin? A liver transplant. A waste of (human) resources, IMHO. If you're serious about it, you'd be advised to research toxins carefully before using them or you might end up swallowing the chemical equivalent of drain cleaner or something - I'm assured being dissolved from the inside out is a very painful way to go... Lastly, killing yourself with massive trauma--shooting, falling from great heights, car wrecks--is all very well, but bits of you are going to get splashed all over the place. This is pretty traumatic to and inconsiderate of those that have to clear you up afterwards, starting with ambulance staff and ending with the undertaker. Those that delay trains by throwing themselves under them are particularly anti-social, especially when they do it from the platforms of mainline stations or on the subway.
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #36
Besides taking into consideration the emotional trauma of those who have to clean up after you, I'd also consider the emotional trauma of those who know and care about you. Think clearly. I think all of us know at least one person who has attempted suicide - for me it was my mother. Luckily, she didn't succeed, but I can't imagine how her friends and our family would have coped if she had. Even the fact that she tried to haunts me. I know this sounds abominably selfish, but suicide of relatives or close friends wrecks lives. If you must kill yourself, leave a well-written, detailed note - preferably one for each person whose life you think you'll affect. This isn't as major a concern if you're single, but it's still someting to think about. And bury your diary. Or don't keep one.

Another thing - several people I know have requested that I assist their suicide should they suffer a stroke, be rendered a vegetable by drugs, etc. Would you do it? Could you do it?

--------------------
Aces off.
Shock Trooper
Member # 431
Profile #37
Once I heard that if you put some poppy flowers under your pillow, and then you go to sleep, you won't wake up again...

I don't know if that works... it's something they say here in Chile. Even a folk song mentions it. They say that you really die. But I'm not sure.

Anyway... when I get depressed and I consider suicide, I always think how coward I am, and usually think that life will get better, because life's like that. There are periods in wich life is dramatically bad, but there are times in wich is amazingly great. Not great, fantastic. It's never too late to start, and always too early to stop.

--------------------
GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY TOMATO!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #38
I still think a bottle of sleeping pills would be the way to go. Take a few dozen, drift off, and never wake up.

Or maybe it's just because I enjoy sleeping more than most people should.

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by Queen Of The Damned:

You can still have sex without any feelings whatsoever about the other person involved.
So? That doesn't make it an emotionless pleasure.

I think that perhaps that makes it even more emotional.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #40
You obviously have little to no experience of being a cold-hearted *****.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #41
Very interested in the superstition about the poppy seeds, opium being one of the first narcotics (as in 'sleep-inducers') yused by humanity. Is poppy indigenous to south America, I mean is it pre-Columbian? I'm just wondering where that one came from. In Brazil, of course, santeria is a rich source of west African folklore and herbal wisdom.

Apologies for drifting off-topic somewhat, though it is a rather depressing topic, of principal interest to Goths and the like.
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #42
The sad thing is that until a year ago, I agreed with TM on the point that emotions suck.

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Shock Trooper
Member # 431
Profile #43
quote:
Originally written by X:

Very interested in the superstition about the poppy seeds, opium being one of the first narcotics (as in 'sleep-inducers') yused by humanity. Is poppy indigenous to south America, I mean is it pre-Columbian? I'm just wondering where that one came from. In Brazil, of course, santeria is a rich source of west African folklore and herbal wisdom.

Apologies for drifting off-topic somewhat, though it is a rather depressing topic, of principal interest to Goths and the like.

I'm such an ignorant.. I'm sorry I don't know that one.

About sex and emotions. I don't know, I only know that I would have emotions after it. Maybe I'd like the guy, or maybe I'd hate him. Well, I think that I'm still too young to find out.

(Such a useless post!)

--------------------
GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY TOMATO!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally written by Morgan:

The sad thing is that until a year ago, I agreed with TM on the point that emotions suck.
...apostate.

Honestly, how can you people trust those around you so willingly? I'll never understand, nor will I ever want to.

And just for clarification, what part of sexual pleasure is emotional, and in what way(s)? I'd like to argue against this viewpoint, but I can't do that until I have some understanding of whatever the hell it is being said.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #45
We need a proper controlled study. Someone go have sex with 10 people you're in love with and then have sex with 10 people you're not in love with, and compare the experiences.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #46
I'll do that, if you provide the people.

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:

My Website
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #47
well last year and the year before last were probally the worst couple of years in my short life because a lot of people dear to me left at the end of last year (most without getting the chance to say goodbye), i kept remembering my best friend (who died of a brain tumor in 1998 at the age of 11), had a teacher who would make any excuse to put me in detention, needed anger management and had nothing good to look foward to.

i tried to commit suicide a couple of times and thought about it many more times.
i tried to hang myself but got sick of it after 5 mins and tried to slit my throat but i couldn't stand the feel of a knife to my throat.

---this is a true story about me

oh i forgot the happy ending:
i had councelling during those years but it did't help so i learnt to first hide emotion then lose all emotion (both which i can do most of the time) so i feel no emotion toward anything now and i don't care for anything or anyone.
oops did i say happy ending, i meant better ending

[ Wednesday, October 15, 2003 03:42: Message edited by: LordLoony ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #48
quote:
Originally written by The Lined Paper Man:

We need a proper controlled study. Someone go have sex with 10 people you're in love with and then have sex with 10 people you're not in love with, and compare the experiences.
Do us all a favor, and don't offer extraneous arguments.

Djur wasn't claiming that sex is ENHANCED by emotion- I really don't care enough to disagree with him (or you) on that one. He was claiming that sex IS an expression of emotion, which I disagree with wholemindedly (awkward wording intended).

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #49
quote:
Originally written by Wherefore Rejoice?:

.I know this sounds abominably selfish, but suicide of relatives or close friends wrecks lives. If you must kill yourself, leave a well-written, detailed note - preferably one for each person whose life you think you'll affect. This isn't as major a concern if you're single, but it's still someting to think about. And bury your diary. Or don't keep one.

Another thing - several people I know have requested that I assist their suicide should they suffer a stroke, be rendered a vegetable by drugs, etc. Would you do it? Could you do it?

I couldn't assist anyone in mercy killing, no matter what. Requested or not, their blood would still stain my hands. And yes, I am probably being disturbingly selfish.

And if I ever really were to kill myself I probably wouldn't write any notes. Not because I wouldn't think it's a good idea. If you really are to leave this world then I guess the least you can do is solving things up before you go.
However, as the coward I am, I couldn't really plan my suicide that long. It would probably be an fast and impulsive event, some evening when I would feel I just can't take no more. If I started writing notes I would probably change my mind, anyway.

[ Wednesday, October 15, 2003 08:09: Message edited by: Ironweed ]

Pages