just a thought

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: just a thought
Warrior
Member # 3480
Profile Homepage #25
Man some of you guys are insane, the worst ive done is 1. stealing tic tacs 2. stealing from church garage sales (it serves the god botherers right) 3. and some pirating software eg roms, Worms World Pary etc

--------------------
"'We wish the return of Linda.' they said. 'Oh, swell. She only summoned a demon lord into the tower once, she's only mildly insane, what a beautiful idea! Let's proceed at once!' I said'
"'We appreciate your acquiesence,' they said. And that was that. Sarcasm is lost on that lot." He kicks a wall in irritation.
-----------------------------------
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
Posts: 169 | Registered: Wednesday, September 24 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #26
OK.

I'm reading the topic, and people are referring to sex crimes. I couldn't find anything other than my post so I'll explain why it didn't really count: we were both under-age.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #27
quote:
Originally written by Murder, She Wrote:

Don't hate me for this, but I have had 1 sexual crime, which shall remain unnamed. I don't like to talk about it. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards just a thought (2)_files/frown.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards just a thought (2)_files/mad.gif) It was embarrassing and I should have been arrested, but the charges were dropped because I only did it twice...

There we are, stranger friend.

Seaweed, no offence, but get over it. I bet half the people you know have commited (sp?) crimes along these lines. You in high school? Well then, there's no question about it. I'm not suggesting you should go out there and take LSD or shoplift or spraypaint your school, nor am I saying it's okay to do so. But "normal", "sane" people do do these things. Man. How old are you, anyway? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards just a thought (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
Aces off.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #28
And, Arancaytar, schools in germany are no cloisters either. As far as I know.

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #29
No, ef, they really are not. My school in Germany (FLSH Gaibach), as a matter of fact, was a private boarding school (Gymnasium) where rich people could send their troubled kids. We had kids get expelled for stealing cars, knife fights, assaulting teachers, etc. It's pretty normal to rebel and do stupid things.

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #30
My school actually is an international school, people there are mostly from America, Germany and Japan. From what everyone has posted here, you'd think the Americans would be the toughest ones who get in trouble most, no? Far off. It's the German guys doing most of the bullying and troublemaking. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards just a thought (2)_files/tongue.gif) It might have to do with all the others getting sent to this school just because of language problems (parents from firms abroad working in Germany etc.), while the Germans are just guys who can't cope with the normal school system or whose parents have too much money. I'm of the former, but I only had trouble with bad grades, not any rulebreaking and stuff. Honest IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards just a thought (2)_files/tongue.gif) !

Well, and the Japanese are the most quiet and sensible people here. I think it might be a cultural thing. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards just a thought (2)_files/wink.gif)

[ Wednesday, September 24, 2003 09:53: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1249
Profile Homepage #31
I didn't realise how common shoplifting really is...!

Well, maybe my worst crime has been taking part in illegal demonstrations and sitting on the way of the police, because some call it terrorism.

I'm also probably a co-criminal (or whatever the term is) because of not having betrayed about 2/3 of my friends to the police.

[ Wednesday, September 24, 2003 09:57: Message edited by: Milu ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #32
You're friends sure seem to get in trouble often... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards just a thought (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #33
Deliberately costing hated temp. employers £1,000,000s in lost documentation (I used to work in inance on a low level) or damage are hardly the 'worst' (most illegal) things I've done, but I wouldn't want to compromise others by citing joint crimes, even anonymoudsly here.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #34
I don't think anything I've done is more than a misdemeanor.

--------------------
You are my precious thing
Thing of speed and beauty,
You are my precious thing
As long as you remain beneath me
-- Big Black
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #35
Well, since so many people have confessed slightly major crimes, I might as well say what I have actually done:

Minor vandalism(Minor, trust me.)
Major annoyance(Nearly everyone at my school has done this!)
Software pirating(Barely any, though.)
Warez(Played ROMS)
Major insulting behind people's back(Not too often.)
Petty theft(I've stolen a few times in my life. 3 things, IIRC.)

Recently, I've only done 3 of these. And 2 of the 3 is becoming extremely rare.

[ Wednesday, September 24, 2003 12:44: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #36
Those who know of me and how crazy and angry I am may be somewhat surprised at knowing I have never commited ANY crime (except drag racing, which I wasn't even driving and we weren't even seen). I've never tried drugs (I'm for legalizing mary jane, but I would never smoke it), I've never stolen anything, and I've never vandalized anything ('cept my friend's locker with a dry-erase marker, but that's not even close to vandalism). I have my own beliefs on life, one of which includes the common sense idea that burning bridges behind you gets you where you want to go now, but it doesn't get you where you want to go tomorrow.

--------------------
-"Well, double dumbass on you!"
-William Shatner, Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #37
Kogar? As in Kogar Spine Masher?

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #38
Crimes... most my crimes have to do with media pirating. Music mostly, but also a great deal of movies and handful of games and programs from more faceless companies like Microsoft ('Stealing is a faceless crime! Like punchin' someone in the dark!' ~ Nelson Muntz).
Probably the largest legal offense I've been involved in is the destruction of a stop sign. Other than that, I'm blatently law abiding.

Really.
----Your legal maniac, Necris Omega

--------------------
Sanity is a relative concept. And like most my relatives, I rarely see it.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." ~ Albert Einstein
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #39
I wrote my name on a stone in a castle on one of the islands in The Thousand Islands (vandalism). I take pencils off the ground in my school since I lose mine so easily (you're supposed to return lost goods to the lost and found). I once broke into a locked classroom to get a textbook I left there (breaking and entering). I once mistook a little cup of wine for grape juice and gulped the whole 20 mL down in one go. I had a sip of white wine on a cruise. I gambled on that cruise, making seven dollars out of five cents on a five-cent slot machine. I once drove without my drivers license because I forgot it at home. I ran a stop sign twice in my recollection, and have forgotten to use my turning signal between 5 and 10 times. I constantly cross the street whether or not the crossing light is green (J-Walking). When I was about 4 or 5 years old, I stole a Micro-Machine jet from somebody's house (I have no idea why I remember this).

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #40
driving without a license in your pocket/wallet is nothing. i do it all the time when my parents tell me to buy whatever in the grocery store 5 minutes away.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Sir Motrax of Exile:

I wrote my name on a stone in a castle on one of the islands in The Thousand Islands (vandalism). I take pencils off the ground in my school since I lose mine so easily (you're supposed to return lost goods to the lost and found). I once broke into a locked classroom to get a textbook I left there (breaking and entering). I once mistook a little cup of wine for grape juice and gulped the whole 20 mL down in one go. I had a sip of white wine on a cruise. I gambled on that cruise, making seven dollars out of five cents on a five-cent slot machine. I once drove without my drivers license because I forgot it at home. I ran a stop sign twice in my recollection, and have forgotten to use my turning signal between 5 and 10 times. I constantly cross the street whether or not the crossing light is green (J-Walking). When I was about 4 or 5 years old, I stole a Micro-Machine jet from somebody's house (I have no idea why I remember this).
In case you haven't noticed (you don't seem the observant type) or didn't care (or the type that respects anything except himself, for that matter), this topic was more or less devoted to people talking about the minor crimes they've committed, not gloating about how minor those crimes are.

[ Wednesday, September 24, 2003 19:10: Message edited by: Barrel General Custer ]

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #42
quote:
Originally written by Wherefore Rejoice?:

Seaweed, no offence, but get over it. I bet half the people you know have commited (sp?) crimes along these lines. You in high school? Well then, there's no question about it. I'm not suggesting you should go out there and take LSD or shoplift or spraypaint your school, nor am I saying it's okay to do so. But "normal", "sane" people do do these things. Man. How old are you, anyway? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards just a thought (2)_files/tongue.gif) [/QB]
No, actually I´m in college (or a gymnasium but I think it´s pretty much the same. Then again, it might just as well be a high school. I certainly don´t know.). And I´m sure many of my friends (and me of course) have broke the law once or twice but I´m talking about MINOR things, like stealing some pens from school and underage drinking, that sort of things.

You are talking about serious crimes, like destroying other peoples property (what´s the idea in that, anyway?), sexual crimes (not all of you of course, but one is bad enough), and using drugs!
I could almost swear that not a single person in my school uses drugs and no one I know of walks around spraypainting walls or breaking windows. And sexual crimes...not a chance! (as far as my knowledge extends, at least).
I don´t think doing all these things is normal behauvior, but then again, I live quite far from the states.

Still, acting stupid or acting adult is a personal decision. Who am i to judge?

And my age is 18 (though I don´t see why that would interest anyone. Unless, of course, you were trying to brush my opinions aside by considering me an ignorant kid, hmm?)
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #43
I don't know about you, and it's late and I'm tired, and didn't bother to read anyone's post but yours, but defending one's self as much as you did is oftentimes a sign of immaturity and insecurity and makes you look bad.

*yawns and goes back to not posting again for another month*

--------------------
Song of the Pack -- An Online Multiplayer Wolf RPG!~
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #44
Jeez, I'm practically a saint here! I've had no criminal record of any sort, aside from Roms... but then again, that really isn't counting much. I was threatened with assult charges once (Just because me and my friend were playing around with wrestling in the school halls). But aside from that, I don't really think I have anything bad done to me.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #45
quote:
Unless, of course, you were trying to brush my opinions aside by considering me an ignorant kid, hmm?)
I won't brush your opinions aside, still might think you a bit naive, if you truly believe that there is no drug abuse, drinking, spray painting or sexual molesting at your school. There is most probably. Though if people know how strongly you disapprove or have reason to fear you might give them away, you won't hear about it.

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #46
If I had gotten there fast enough, I would have replied exactly as ef did. Only I wouldn't have expressed myself half as well. So use what she said as my defense. Ha. I have a lawyer. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards just a thought (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
Aces off.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #47
What the heck are ROMS???!!!!! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards just a thought (2)_files/confused.gif) I only recently entered the computer world and I am 18!!! My family is old-fashioned and didn't get me a good computer until 1998 or 1999. I didn't understand how to use the internet until 2001. And I didn't get the internet until June of this year. I lack the knowledge to understand many of things people here talk about.

I guess you consider my parents depriving me of much of "very important, need-to-know, information" basic to growing up. That can be a crime in itself. You know you are deprived when many of things your parents are supposed to teach you about, you end up having to learn about in school.

Once again, what are ROMS??!!!! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards just a thought (2)_files/confused.gif)

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #48
They're emulated games. Basically, what people get when they want to play a console game but don't have either the game or the console. Some people consider using them to be a form of piracy under all circumstances, some people consider using them to be a natural right; most people fall somewhere in the middle.

[ Thursday, September 25, 2003 04:01: Message edited by: Barrel General Custer ]

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #49
quote:
Originally written by ef:

I won't brush your opinions aside, still might think you a bit naive, if you truly believe that there is no drug abuse, drinking, spray painting or sexual molesting at your school. There is most probably. Though if people know how strongly you disapprove or have reason to fear you might give them away, you won't hear about it.[/QB]
I actually SAID that I don´t KNOW of any "crimes". Of course that doesn´t mean there couldn´t be any. But, again, considering this isn´t America (the so-called moral-defender of the world!)I don´t think for example drug using is a very common phenomenon in my school. (Also, my school is a very small one by American standards.)

And I don´t think I disapprove so strongly. I don´t think it´s wise to commit crimes, that´s all. Am I really the only one here to think so?

Rosycat : see you in court. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards just a thought (2)_files/mad.gif)

[ Thursday, September 25, 2003 04:47: Message edited by: Seaweed ]

Pages