The War of the Races

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The War of the Races
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #25
Party animal... the idea thoroughly scares me - from the point of view of a nephil. I bet every nephil will avoid to come within 100 miles of you after reading that post. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
Knowing cats, I'm sure a nephil would find some way to show his disapproval upon finding inadequate facilities in a hotel. The manager would know in no uncertain terms what the nephil thought. And then he'd have to clean it up.

—Alorael, who has lived through cats doing this far too many times. Very opinionated, cats.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #27
lol... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
---
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #28
I don't know who to say will win. I'd have to say it would be a stalemate because the magic of Humans and Vahnatai are almost equal. And so are their forces.

The Nephils and Sliths would have no chance against them, though the Nephils might be very cute. I hate to say it, but, can you imagine how the sex might be? Wild, for sure. I commented on this in another thread. You can say it almost fascinates me.

Nephilim have the ability to spread like wildfire though. Cats sure can. Though I can't ever remember encountering a Nephil child in any of the Exile games. I don't want to even picture how sex it might be among the Sliths. They happen to lay eggs and can multiply quickly as well. But neither of their magical powers is greater than that of the Vahnatai.

And the Vahnatai, who could ever guess. They are so mysterious. Who knows how quickly they can multiply. But, if they need reinforcements, they can go and wake up crystal souls if need be. Crystal Souls are, by the way, very powerful. They can be taken into battle and used to wipe out their enemies in a very short matter of time.

Humans and Vahnatai, despite how they look, have several simularities. Vahnatai, just like humans, can be evil or good. They have simular cultures, though much different lifespans. Their magic is matched only by humans. Another simularity is their diverseness. Vahnatai, like humans, also have different classes and a social structure. They also have different types of people, one example being that they, like humans, have straight couples and gay couples. I commented on that in another thread as well.

But, the Vahnatai have been around longer than humans. They have had centuries to learn about magic and how to use it with a deadly force. They can use teleportation like the Empire, their blades are wickedly deadly, and they can go into hibernation, which humans normally can't do. Even their spirits can be deadly. A lich and a vahnatovi are just as powerful as any human spirit or vampire.

They use different weapons, but, their use of magic makes up for that. They also have simular bad traits like humans. Vahnatai can have greed, they have their obsessions, such as protecting their crystal souls, and they possess a very distinct trait of wanting revenge. Their pursuit of revenge led them to attack the Empire on the surface, because they wanted to kill them all for taking their crystal souls. Just like the Empire attacked the Exiles and wanted them all dead as well.

If all the groups fought each other at once, the sliths and nephils would be defeated quickly and they would retreat to watch the action. The humans might eventually defeat the Vahnatai, but, it might take them some time to weaken them significantly. The Vahnatai would likely teleport to safety and rebuild their numbers and come back and attack again and again. The humans could teleport more people in, but, they would never be able to go into hibernation like the Vahnatai.

To me, humans could win, but it will definitely take time. They could also win by attacking the Vahnatai crystal soul factories and destroying them. The Vahnatai could, in turn, do the same thing with Human cities. They could cast quickfire in the towns and create plague after plague. I don't know if humans can do the same thing. Humans could increase their numbers to plague proportions, and thus, attack that way.

My brain is wracked once again. Sorry. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/tongue.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/rolleyes.gif)

Bye.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Warrior
Member # 2870
Profile #29
Speaking of plagues, the plagues of Valorim were an indirect attack on Avernum. Valorim is the only place humans can go, and the Vahnitai attempted to ruin it. If the Vahnitai really wanted to do damage, they would attack the core of the empire.

Murder She Wrote, have you ever considered inter-species breeding?

[ Thursday, September 04, 2003 16:31: Message edited by: Party Animal ]

--------------------
All your base are belong to us!!!!
http://people.cornell.edu/pages/slp29/ayb.html
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #30
I mentioned something of the sort under the topic:

Here's a stupid question on the mixture of species in these games.

It can be found on page two under the Exile forum. I didn't comment much though, quite frankly.

The thought of it had occurred to me, while thinking of the Nephilim way of life. My perspective of it is different though. I will only reveal that through private messaging though. It's nice to know that the subject of mixed-breeding doesn't scare people too much. Though it is apparently against the law in the United States. Which sucks. I think. Not sure. No comment.

Hey!!!!! Neat. My number of posts matches the Route Number that passes my house. Route 209. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/tongue.gif)

Cool. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/cool.gif)

Bye.

[ Thursday, September 04, 2003 18:12: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #31
Humans. Because I, the one who is not really here, said so.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Warrior
Member # 2870
Profile #32
Any breeding with Sliths is out of the question, because they are egg-layers. Any attempt will almost certainly have disasterous results.

--------------------
All your base are belong to us!!!!
http://people.cornell.edu/pages/slp29/ayb.html
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #33
Why not? To be sure we would need to know how the Sliths reproduce. More specifically, anyway. I mean we all know that sliths lay eggs but how exactly are the eggs fertilized?

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #34
Reptiles and mammals do not have compatible reproductive systems. Felines and primates could possibly work it out mechanically, but the species are too far separated to produce viable offspring. I'm not sure that the number of chromosomes matches, let alone the contents of the chromosomes.

—Alorael, who would guess that out of all the races presented in the Exile/Avernum games, only the troglos and humans are at all likely to produce living offspring, and those would probably be sterile. Giants and either one might work as well, except for the size problems.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #35
A Giant-Human couple would only work one way, but not the other... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/tongue.gif)

[ Friday, September 05, 2003 23:19: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
---
---
Apprentice
Member # 2099
Profile Homepage #36
eww.. anyways.. back to topic..

Sliths might win.. because the ones in the Exile caves were pretty sweet.. and they were just a bunch of outlaws. I think the priests of the ones that kicked out the bad sliths (SSS-Thsss and his crew) would have the most advanced priest magic.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #37
If the Vahnatai make it they can certainly break it... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/rolleyes.gif)

EDIT: It is very difficult to blink if you keep your eyes aimed upward. You cannot open your eyelids if you are looking upward while they are closed. How does the smiley do it?

[ Sunday, September 07, 2003 04:01: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #38
Now that is what I call off-topic. Dunno though, why don't you ask it?

That about Vahnatai making and breaking works only if you believe in Vahnatai Creationism. I'm an Evolutionist heretic IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/tongue.gif) (I just hope Drakey doesn't burn me at the stake now... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/biggrin.gif) ).

Also, even the Vahnatai Creationism theory includes something about a Warmaster Golem mk2 (dunno what the mk2 is supposed to mean) being created and then rallying the other creations to rebel against the Vahnatai, effectively turning them to flight and driving them underground. Read up on it. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/wink.gif)

--------------------
---
---
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #39
And there is reason to believe that with Rentar running around another Warmaster Golem or something similar to it may be created soon.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #40
Humans have extreme numbers and skills. It can only take a human to grow for 16 years before they can become a skilled soldier. With the vahnatai, it takes 7 times longer! The Exiles are friends with the nephils and sliths, so they'd befriend each other. And if a group of 4-6 Exile soldiers can beat many, many plagues and Rentar-Irhno herself, it's not even a war, just a skirmish.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #41
You cannot compare groups of PC's in this war. They are exceptions. If you had played as the vahnatai in any of the games you would be saying the vahnatai could destroy everyone. As for numbers, no one is quite sure how big the Slith or Vahnatai populations actually are.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #42
OK, this just really bugs me, the amount of people who can't actually read!!
quote:
Originally posted by Party Animal (eleven times!!)
Vahnitai
quote:
Originally posted by Omlette (twice)
Vanhatai
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy
Vahantni
The proper spelling is VAHNATAI
Also, Murder she wrote spelt Vahnavoi as Vahnatavoi and someone spelt Rentar-Ihrno as Rentar-Ihnro.

On a side note, the Vahnatai would win and someone should make a scenario of something like this (maybe not exactly, but y'know, similar... maybe just one of you exploring Vahnatai lands... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/wink.gif) )

--------------------
~ørangutan

I want high-bit characters in my displayed name!!! :( :( :( (Or at least an exclamtion point!)

Eat pie!
BADGER!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #43
OOC: And I thought you only got into trouble if you spelled Alorael's name wrong.

IC:
It depends one when the war starts, and how long it will last. The vahnatai need to rest eventually. This would cause major problems for them. Although there is nothing stopping them from creating superior mushrooms...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #44
ørang, I already had some idea about a Vahnatai scenario, set in the time of Man's creation (I said I don't believe in Vahnatai Creationism, but it makes for a nice scenario plot anyway IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/wink.gif) ). Something about you being a group of humans freshly created, and either joining the Vahnatai (loyal ending), or the golems (rebels). The setting would be like the world of Geneforge from the servile's point of view - the Vahnatai are the creators of all of you, have supreme power, and demand to be worshipped. I just need to figure out how to set it apart from the standard 'choice' plot like that of "A Small Rebellion" and others.

[ Sunday, September 07, 2003 08:21: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
---
---
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #45
Sorry, I missed the great relations between humans and other races. Last time I checked they were carrying out genocidal warfare against the nephilim and had mostly demolished the one group of sliths they had encountered. The vahnatai have no such history.

—Alorael, who would also like to point out that the rogue sliths exiled as barbarians were able to give Exile real trouble. Imagine what the full army of the main habitation of the sliths could do.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #46
quote:
Also, Murder she wrote spelt Vahnavoi as Vahnatavoi and someone spelt Rentar-Ihrno as Rentar-Ihnro.
Thanks for the correction. I couldn't remember what the exact word was. I needed that help. Once again, thanks.

Bye. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards The War of the Races (2)_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Pages