Names

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Names
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #25
Wow, no "leggy lass" Legolas? I'm impressed... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Names (2)_files/tongue.gif)

I avoid Tolkien names although (or perhaps because) I am a Tolkien fan, and often resort to Greek mythology instead. Medea is often used for a female mage, while Amazon is a female fighter. For Nephilim, I have used Werepanther (fighter), or "name + class surname": Claw Archer, Panther Blade, Tiger Shaman etc.
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #26
I must point out now that I WUW Alex' signature. Horray!

And the names I use often are Dareq, Kaidur, Ass-Hss (creative, I know), Eve, Dan Jaamphe, and Bryan (ahh, creativity abounds!), and others, of which you don't want to hear. Yes, I'll shut up. No need to kick me in the face.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #27
*kicks TGM*

Nigel, Sally, Douglas, Brenda, Montgomery and Jill. Currently.

Do you know this was my first topic ever when I first came here?

--------------------
Aces off.
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #28
Ouch.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #29
Great signature, Alex. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Names (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #30
Lately, just Gabrien. Always a female character. And it has nothing to do what you might think it has. It just doesn't. I like it that way. That's it.

Oh, and Mrrowr for Nephil (I always pick the white one), and Caeligh for the dark-skinned lady, who always ends up as the priest. She's just like that.

--------------------
Ah! My Homepage - In Finnish and English
Geneforge - The Maps
My Elfwood Gallery - Stories I've written in english
The WALL - Forums in Finnish
Waitingformedication. I could really use some.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #31
Most of my names come from mashing the keyboard and inserting/removing vowels as necessary now. I used to actually think about them, but I stopped. The only name I use regularly is Ta-Ssst for any slith.

—Alorael, who has most recently had far to much fun with bad puns as names. Geneforge shapers leave far too much room for those.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #32
Wise Man. i use a singleton almost all the time. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Names (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #33
I'm currently playing a 4PC-party in E2 with
Jae (sort of named after me), Alisha, Marijane & Magnus.

Marijane & Magnus have been in all my parties in all the Exiles and Avernums. Once upon a time when I used other races than humans I would name my Slith fighter Zrog, and my Nephil rogue Kisss.

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #34
I like Kissss. But don't you think it's more slithy sounding? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Names (2)_files/wink.gif)

Oh, how many other people load other graphics over the PC file? I always use Aceron's graphics in BoE. And in Quintessence, Jonah was this super cool dude in blue with purple hair and this short stabbing blade. My first custom graphic. *tears up*

--------------------
Aces off.
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #35
I only have a few original graphics left.. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Names (2)_files/wink.gif)

--------------------
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #36
I once got some goblin graphics from somewhere and had a goblin party, and I once used the mini-Alien Slime from An Apology as party members. I've changed them back now, but the Slime God party is one of my fondest memories.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #37
Once upon a time I played around with the original Exile 2 graphics until I had 20 or so Slith PCs, including more slith mages, a female slith, a slith bard, an assassin, an archer and sliths in heavy armor. I also pasted in and modified some Vahnatai graphics, and the ogre mage, and the rakshasa into the PC-graphic file. Then I gave everybody shields with a lion on it, except for the scantily clad warrior girl who I undressed completely.

I miss the original E2 pics, I'm not good enough to make something that fits in with the newer graphics.

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #38
No RPG is complete without a scantily-clad panties woman swinging about impossibly large metal, phallic objects.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #39
Exile's graphics just make the concept a bit humorous.

—Alorael, who enjoys stripping his Angband @ and ogling it. Curiously enough, an @ without its outer coating closely resembles an a...
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #40
I named mine after people I know in real life or on TV.

Each one is changed from a normal name, into a seemingly ancient sounding name. They are as follows, in full explanation.

Xenia - (Human) - I named this one after Xena Warrior Princess, but decided to give the name an ancient twist, sounds like the name of James Bond's opponent in Goldeneye. Pronounced Zee-nee-uh.

Travista - (Slith) - I named this one after my best friend who moved away back in 6th grade. Instead of using just Travis, I changed it into Travista. When using it for a Slith, it sounds rather reptilian. Pronounced exactly as it looks. Tra-vistuh or Tra-vee-stuh.

Chrissio - (Nephil) - This one I originally named after a person in school who I thought was terribly handsome, but later decided to name it after the person who I had a crush on. Pronounced with a sort of Spanish accent, it's Chris-see-oh, not Chrissy-oh. Both of them were alternates of Chris. Said with a Spanish accent, it almost sounds feline-ish doesn't it.

Bethany - (Nephil) - Named after a friend I once had. She was very shy like me. And I decided to honor her by giving her a place in each of the Exile games. On top of that, it doesn't really sound feline-ish, but does sound sort of ancient. Pronounced Beth-on-nee or Beth-uh-nee.

Celisto - (Slith) - Named after the opponent Xena had in one of her episodes. I have always liked this name since I first heard it. It does sound somewhat reptilian and is definitely ancient. It can be pronounced two ways: Sel-lee-stoh or Kel-lee-stoh.

Nigel - (Human) - I saw someone else uses this name as well. I have liked this name for a while. I can't say whether it is ancient or not, but it seems to be either African or British in origin. It definitely fits a human as a name. Pronounced Neye-gel or Neye-gol

Other Names

Latonia - (Human or Slith) - I used this name before I started using Celisto. It developed from the crush I had on a student in school named Tony. He was thin, not really muscular, but very handsome. He had almost jet black hair, and was very attractive. The name can be used for a human or can be used for a slith. I don't recommend it for a nephil. It isn't very fitting for one. It sounds rather ancient to me. Pronounced La-tone-ya or La-ton-nee-uh.

The ancientness of names is very important to me. It makes for some very interesting game play. And matches the uniqueness of the names in the Exile games. Just as many other people's names do.

Bye. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Names (2)_files/cool.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Names (2)_files/tongue.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Names (2)_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #41
Do not ogle @ under any circumstances. Alorael is a very twisted and silly man.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #42
The ADOM @ is much sexier anyways. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Names (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #43
I must agree absolutely, it looks so much sexier. It's the font I guess. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Names (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #44
Which just brings us to the conclusion that @ is sexier when it presents itself well. Like pretty much everything.
Except D. D is never sexy.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #45
Why not? Any time I get to a computer, I spend about 10 minutes typing out DDDDDDDDDD[i]DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD[/i]DD in so many different colors and styles and staring at them lustily for a solid half hour.

Don't believe me? Better not... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Names (2)_files/tongue.gif)

[ Wednesday, August 20, 2003 12:12: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
---
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #46
I adjust my Angband fonts, thank you, and I can assure you that my @ is every bit as luscious as yours. And I'm not twisted at all, it's a flat squiggly pattern.

—Alorael, whose @ presents itself very well. Actually, usually it presents itself by madly butchering everything, but that's not such a bad introduction when you think about it...
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #47
Did I miss something. I just posted my reponse here and then I read the ones after it and I have no idea what anyone is talking about. Bring me up to speed, please. I hate being left behind in the dust.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #48
Unfortunately, by the time you had posted your party names, the entire topic had changed to graphics or something.

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #49
Read the topic.

Rosy mentioned replacing the PCs' graphics with custom graphics in the bitmap sheets (alternatively with ResEdit or whatever you Mac users have). That evolved into a discussion about naked PCs and Alo suggested stripping an @ in an ASCII based game (if you don't know what that is, you missed something).

That got us started on a discussion of the sex appeal of the ASCII letters. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Names (2)_files/tongue.gif)

EDIT: Always nice to go off to do something else while writing a post, then posting to find someone has beaten you by over 20 minutes... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Names (2)_files/biggrin.gif)

[ Wednesday, August 20, 2003 13:57: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
---
---

Pages