Join Us Everyone Welcome and Needed #?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Join Us Everyone Welcome and Needed #?
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #50
OOC: if you marked only major forests, he has a point, and I'll adjust my post.

--------------------
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #51
Much to Logalot's dismay, their peaceful walking was ended by Tina's screaming of "COME OVER HERE RIGHT NOW YOU MEN!"

"Ugh, we better go" Sighed Maestro
"I suppose..." and so they ran off in the direction of the screaming. After some tense running, they came upon a clearing where Tina was buzzing around. There we bodies of Red Eye cultists all around the clearing. Tina calmed down and confronted them "Look at all these! We need to burn them right now!"

"Wait!" Logalot ran over to one "This one has a map..." It was a map similar to the one they had found at the bakery, but this one had an island circled, it was one to the South-East, he had never cared to learn the name. On it was written "Home." "That's Mafor" Maestro frowned. "I've never been there, but I've heard there's a buncha lizard people and all kinds of wierd stuff living there." As the three were studying the map, they didn't notice the bodies behind them rising and standing on their feet...

--------------------
The many faces of Logalot
--------------------
Polaris Roleplaying and Debating Board- 'Nuf said
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #52
IC: It just so happened that the council was meeting tomarrow. The five got a room in the inn bought some food made dinner and went to sleep. When they woke up they set up an appointment to se the couicil.

[ Friday, July 18, 2003 10:01: Message edited by: A guy with not so perfict grammer ]

--------------------
Ohh YEAH!!!
--------------------
My god could kick you god's ass.
--------------------
Getapc
--------------------
Teh Flamin sworrd of bd gramer has now become the Flaming Sword of not perfict grammer.
--------------------
Worning not perfict grammer behind.
--------------------
DOLNEY HAS CHANGED TO A guy with not so perfict grammer
--------------------
I shortened my sig.
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #53
Their request for an appointment was granted. It was to be held after the mercenaries' regular convention, which only takes an hour and a half on the average. While waiting, they surveyed the city and noted details that might be useful when the Red Eye Cult attacks. Then they met back at the building where they were the council was to receive them.
An elf appeared and introduced himself as Cirach, and invited them in. They were led into a room that was elegant, yet had an atmosphere that fitted the Mercenary Council. The council was gathered around a long, marble tableand looked as their guests entered. There were eleven seated, and six or seven of them belonged to the race of men.
There was only one empty seat, which Cirach took; the five remained standing. One of the human mercenaries stood up.
"Welcome. Please, take a seat." As he said this he made a small wave of his hand and five chairs materialized around the table, already pulled back so the five could simply sit down.
"What business brings you here?" asked another mercenary.

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #54
OOC: I hope this paladin is going to be a character. And hopefully I'll learn his name. Til then, this will have to do...

IC:
Dralnok: So, what is your name?

*The Paladin just eyes him suspiciously.

Dralnok: Okay. Well, try to be more careful. This land seems to be pretty dangerous. Good bye and Good luck.

*Dralnok continues towards Sefil(which he's not too far from).
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #55
OOC: Dolney: yes he is.

IC: The paladin mumbled, "I thought you would know that already."

Dralnok turned back to the paladin, surprised. "Why should I know that?"

The paladin replied, "We have met before. I am Sir David."

Dralnok searched his memory, but could not remember the name "Sir David". But he did remember a paladin... in a forest... and something about a bandit ambush...

"Ah. Sir David. I remember you," Dralnok replied. "Then... I suppose your deed is now repaid."

"Indeed," replied Sir David. "You have most likely saved my life, and that, friend, I will not forget. Tell me, though, what were you doing in this forest?"

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #56
Dralnok: Simple. I was headed down to Sefil.
Sir David: Why were you headed there?
Dralnok: Just a feeling I had. As if something important is going to happen soon or is happening.
Sir David: Sounds interesting,mind if I tag along?
Dralnok: Of course not. In my experience, one such as yourself could be helpful.
Sir David: Yeah especially in those situations when you're lying at a bottom of a cliff bleeding to death.
Dralnok: Yep. Well. We've wasted too much time talking. Let's get going.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #57
OOC: Lone Flame, not that I wish to interfere, but from what I can make out from everybody else's posts, Dolney saved both Sir David and you in the woods and you are currently sitting in the council chamber in Sefil. Do I have that all wrong?

--------------------
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #58
OOC: One more post and you'll have 1000 ef, *Clap*

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #59
No, ef, Lone Flame saved David and they are currently alone in the woods.

And LF, can you please try to post in paragraphs instead?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #60
OOC: Umm no one posted a bio IMAGE(Join Us Everyone Welcome and Needed # (3)_files/mad.gif)

--------------------
Ohh YEAH!!!
--------------------
--------------------
Getapc
--------------------
Teh Flamin sworrd of bd gramer has now become the Flaming Sword of not perfict grammer.
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
I shortened my sig.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #61
Nobody needs a bio, Dolney.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #62
OOC:
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

And LF, can you please try to post in paragraphs instead?
Hmmm. What would TGO say... Oh yeah. Something along the lines of "NEVER!" I've been posting in RPs like this for many months now, and you're just now begining to complain. Well, you lost the chance to, so neh.

Now stop complaining about me posting in a style that is perfectly readable, lest ye forcith me to cause thou to feelith ye holy fiesty slap of pain. Anyway, time for me to get to Sefil before the attack happens.

IC:
*After a few hours of walking, Sir David and Dralnok arrive at Sefil.

SirDavid: So, now what?
Dralnok: I don't know. Well, we could either look around in hopes of finding something, or just walk around in a normal way and wait for something to happen?
SirDavid: Don't most important quest type things start in bars/inns?
Dralnok: Hmmm. Good point. Onward to the bar.
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #63
OOC: We haven't complained to you because we're tolderant, but it's beginning to cause problems. There's more to RPing than talking, for example something like this in script:

*Tom was walking through the meadow with his friend*
Tom: I could use some Ice Cream.
Bob: So could I
*Tom sees a snake on the ground. Tom jumps back*
Bob: Don't be afraid of the snake

Would be like this in paragraph form:

It had been a long time since Tom and Bob had walked through the meadow together, and it was an enjoyable walk. Tom rubbed his stomach and sighed "I could use some Ice Cream!" His friend Bob laughed and said
"So could I..." As he was saying this, Tom spotted a snake on the ground and jumped back in fright. "Don't be afraid of the snake!" Bob was now laughing so hard he was rolling around on the ground.

You can see how paragraph form conveys scenery, emotion, and action better.

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
George Bernard Shaw
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #64
You obviously dont know how to "dialog". Try again next time IMAGE(Join Us Everyone Welcome and Needed # (3)_files/rolleyes.gif)

IC:

As he entered the bar along with Dralnok, Sir David spotted a strange, bald but young guy talking with a girl. "Eh? I'd swear i saw that one before... Must probably be me..." he thought, while ordering a couple of drinks for the party...

--------------------
You go in, You go out, Repeat if necessary. - The Official Moron Guide For Sex

Be disgusted! (Not really)
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #65
IC: Alex began. "You may have heard of the Red Eye cult."
One who seemed like the head of the council spoke for them. "Yes, we have heard of them, but their stories don't trouble us much." He spoke confidently.
Alex replied, "We've learned that they're planning an assault against your city."
Most of the council chuckled at this news; a few whispered to their fellow mercenaries in disbelief.

OOC: When is the attack?

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #66
OOC: Okay, I'll file the complaint about my posting style under "You really should have complained along time ago cause now I can't post in paragraph form because I'm now too inept at it"

IC:
Having failed to get the council to take this upcoming attack seriously Alex and the others head to the bar to think of a plan for what to do when the attack comes. Noticing papers and stuff on one of the tables, Dralnok walks to Alex's table. Due to being to absorbed in the planning and discussion, no one notices Dralnok."...If we could just figure out where the attack is coming from..." said 1 of the people. "It'll probably come from the east or northeast, since there's kind of a river in the west and north and a sea to the south" one of them said. "But they could come by boat, leaving all fronts open. Besides, it's possible for them to cross the river unnoticed in some areas." Dralnok said. Everyone looks at Dralnok. "Who are you, and what are you doing looking at our plans?" said Alex. "I'm just a traveling mage. I came here with a paladin friend of to see the sights. And I couldn't help but notice that you were planning something. So I came over to see what it was", Dralnok responded.

OOC: I'll let that group decide about what to do about Dralnok and planning for the attack.
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #67
The first thing Logalot felt was a shiver behind him, he turned around to see Tina with a branch in her hand, and a horrible ghoul, that was missing one eye, and the other was horribly mutated and red, on the ground. He didn't have time to thank the sprite. He unsheathed his sword and started slashing at the rest of them. Nothing he seemed to do could do anything more than knock them down. This was less horrifying than the next thing that happened. One of the ghouls picked up a whole tree and flung it at Logalot. He didn't stand a chance of dodging, he ran at the tree and managed to block it with his sword. His weapon shattered into little pieces, the fragments disolved in the earth. That was the sword that the Blood Ruby was smashed with, the one had since he came here. He was angry at himself and the ghouls. Without thinking, he lunged at the ghoul who had thrown the tree and knocked him to the ground. He punched him until his fists were sore. He only managed to do this for a few minutes, because the beast picked him up and flung him at a tree. Maestro was also aggravated, he ran towards the ghoul that had thrown Logalot and stabbed him in the eye. The effect was quite gruesome. The whole body exploded, leaving Maestro and his masterful swords quite messy. Tina cought on and started poking them in the eye with her finger, and by the time it was all done, the clearing was covered with pieces of ghoul. Logalot was still unconscious under the tree, and the true terror of the cult had been revealed.

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
George Bernard Shaw
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #68
Sorry for the double post!

[ Tuesday, July 22, 2003 08:53: Message edited by: Logalot Beyond ]

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
George Bernard Shaw
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #69
"Exploding red eyes, the only weakness of these undead... Interesting." Maestro cleaned the blood off his blades, then went to lift Logalot. "We need a safe, clean place to camp. It's far too gory here to settle anyone's mind on healing." He paused to shift Logalot's old bulk. "And he is heavy."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #70
Tina fluttered nervously, wringing her hands and thinking hard.
"There's a healer's hut not very far from here. He doesn't like me, but maybe we should go there. The old man sure needs help."

"And why does the healer not like you, say", Maestro wanted to know.
Tina eyed him unhappily. "He had a sparkling stone", she murmured. "I wanted it so much."

Maestro refrained from comment. Heaving Logalot on his back he sighed and signaled her to lead the way. "You better stay in the background when we reach him, mind. And try not to mess things up, while we are there."

Tina snorted slightly, feeling thoroughly misunderstood, yet willing to give such help as she could. She winged through the branches at a modest pace and Maestro stomped behind her.

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #71
"Um, that's all fine and good, but could you just leave us alone and let us get back to planning", Alex said. "Whatever", replied Dralnok as he walked to Sir David. "What was that about" Sir David asked. "Not sure. I think some dudes were playing some sort of strategy game", responed Dralnok. "Strange. Oh well, the drinks are ready", Sir David stated. Dralnok and Sir David start drinking their drinks.

OOC: So, are we going to get this attack started sometime this year?
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #72
OOC: Ok we were planning to goto there stronghold when the battle started. If you want to stay thats ok.

IC: Well we can't wait any longer if we are going to attack there stronghold we schould get going. The others agreed nerviously. So they started heading out, on the way alex just stoped causing the waitress to fall with a tray of drinks. "Sir David is that you" Alex shouted. "I was so busy eariler I didn't notice you" Alex said.

Alex and the others took time to explain what was happening. Darlnok said "that's what I'm suposed to do. Alex explained about what he was going to do.

OOC: I'll let you guys decide who's doing what.

--------------------
Ohh YEAH!!!
--------------------
--------------------
Getapc
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
I shortened my sig.

Pages