Join Us Everyone Welcome and Needed #?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Join Us Everyone Welcome and Needed #?
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #25
OOC: ah, Logalot, how can you ignore Maestro who is right in front of your face?

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #26
OOC: Lone Flame, we are currently not in the same town. Copy Omlette's link and paste it in a new browser window to see the map.//
Oh I see, Omlette, your link is not accessible any more.

Until Omlette fixes his link, try this:
map

[ Wednesday, July 16, 2003 16:53: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #27
Laughs at thos who said my Rp sucked IMAGE(Join Us Everyone Welcome and Needed # (2)_files/biggrin.gif)IMAGE(Join Us Everyone Welcome and Needed # (2)_files/biggrin.gif)

Why dosen't everyone post there bio and what town there in.

--------------------
Ohh YEAH!!!
--------------------
My god could kick you god's ass.
--------------------
Getapc
--------------------
Teh Flamin sworrd of bd gramer has now become the Flaming Sword of not perfict grammer.
--------------------
Worning not perfict grammer behind.
--------------------
DOLNEY HAS CHANGED TO A guy with not so perfict grammer
--------------------
I shortened my sig.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #28
OOC: I don't even know what frigging town I'm in, that's why I don't post what town I'm in. I don't know where anyone else is either. I would have been a lot easier if a nice chunk of us had started at the same general area. Oh well. I'll deal with that in my own way(doing stuff til I get Dralnok to another town). So let's see here... I'll take Forek, which I'm asuming is the one across the dark line thingy-which I'm assuming is a river- from Kadib.

IC:
*Dralnok enters the graveyard.

Dralnok: Huh. Not very impressive. It's neither fancy, nor economical. And now it's in ruins. Truely pathetic.

*Dralnok immediately feels a dark presence that he hadn't felt before. Dralnok turns and see a horde of about 12 zombies and 4 spirits being led by a being in dark robes.

Dralnok: I was wondering when I'd get to the fighting part.

*Dralnok blasts the undead with a firestorm, killing about 7 of the zombies and 1 of the spirits. The dark one simply points at Dralnok and the remaining undead attack.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #29
A man runs out of his hut, shouting at Dralnok. "What are you doing, man? The spirits are out for their nightly walk and you go and firestorm them? I'm sure that their relatives will absolutely love this." The rest of the spirits and zombies leave Dralnok and float/shamble over to the man. He says a few words that Dralnok doesn't understand and they ease themselves back into the ground.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #30
So, Logalot, Tina and Maestro are in Caston, and Alex and I are in Kadib, across the river from Forek, where Dralnok and a crazy old guy are situated. Looks like two parties are forming...all to the better.

Alex and Delgar reach Degar's house, Delgar much gratified by the impressed expression on Alex's face.

'Come right in, it's just through here. Would you like a drink while I prepare the scrying?'

'Uh, of course...with pleasure.'

Delgar pulls a chain, and a servant comes running with a drink. As he bustles about collecting together apparatus, he continues to chat:

'You see, most wizards have towers out in the middle of nowhere, heavens alone know why. The trouble is, everyone assumes they're evil, and they get picked on loads by wandering adventurers. I, however, chose to live in a town house, and forgo the pleasure of being waited on by invisible servants who can understand my thoughts. I've never regretted it. But the apparatus is ready now, don't say anything while I start it up.'

He began to cast his spell. The apparatus he'd assembled looked like nothing on earth. In the front, a large, blank, white screen. Behind the screen, many different articles joined together to create a twisted contortion of shapes. The spell finished, and the screen began to glow.

'Now we begin the search. Where was your village, we can start from there.'

'I'm afraid I don't know, exactly.'

'Well, I can take the knowledge from your mind. Come and sit here...yes...now, wear this...alright. Yes, I see. Very good, you may take it off. Now, if we follow the trail of their army...yes...ah, here is their headquarters. Now, if I change the time to the present...come and watch.'

Alex watches, intently, as the cultists patrol a massive fortress. Delgar moves his hands, and the view flies through the gate, and into the centre of the fortress, then begins to explore. After a while, they find what appears to be a meeting room, currently empty. With more hand-waving, Delgar sets the display racing back in time until when the room was created, then starts it going. Alright. If you watch, this display will just show the meetings that have taken place. I'll leave it running and come back for you once it's finished. Don't worry, I'll know when.'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #31
Tina eyed Maestro curiously, not having met something like him before. She clapped her wings excitedly. Oh fun! Now she was really doing research. She'd stay with them, sure she would, until they got boring, of course. Flittering around she decided on being useful for a while, so that they would let her in on everything. Secrets, hunts, evil ones - she giggled. Humans were so strange.

"The red -eye evil ones, they are all around here. Go south and you'll meet them. They come from ..afar. Over the water. I can't go there. But I could, if you'd take me." she added expectantly.

[ Thursday, July 17, 2003 02:20: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #32
OOC: Sorry VWM, I didn't notice your post, I was busy posting mine IMAGE(Join Us Everyone Welcome and Needed # (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
The many faces of Logalot
--------------------
Polaris Roleplaying and Debating Board- 'Nuf said
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #33
IC: As Alex watched them they talked about raiding villiages and looking for treasure.

Alex thought to himself "boring" but as the end neared he heard them talk about raiding a town next week and it ended.

Right as it ended Degar walked in.

Alex shouted "There going to attack Sefil thats my chance I could attack there stronghold from the air they there archers would be few and far apart and if I could get some others to help attack from the ground we could take them and then when the others cme back from raiding we could.
Alex stoped he couldn't let them slotter a whole town full of people.

Bio: Alex Aramil born of the tribe Malacok he is kinnda a fighter ranger and a very good chef. He avenges his family and whole village.
His weopens are a flaming sword, a beutiful longbow, flaming and plain arrows, a large ice/fire boomerang its about 4 feet long, Cloak of free movement Thease are the traditional weopens of the tribe Malacok.
And a Gaint Eagle Mount Dasonna (Used to have griffon mount but was killed by a deamon).

[ Thursday, July 17, 2003 06:37: Message edited by: A guy with not so perfict grammer ]

--------------------
Ohh YEAH!!!
--------------------
--------------------
Getapc
--------------------
Teh Flamin sworrd of bd gramer has now become the Flaming Sword of not perfict grammer.
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
I shortened my sig.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #34
Dolney, we're in Delgar's house. Strange people don't just appear and start walking up to you...not in my house, anyway...

Delgar waved his hands and the scene began to replay. The cultists were indeed plotting to attack Sefil. But that's a massive city!, thought Delgar. They must be pretty sure of themselves...

Out loud, he turned to Alex. 'We must warn the people of Sefil. Then you can attack the fortress or whatever you want to do. Come with me...'

As they left Delgar's house, they noticed some strange people walking their way...

OOC: There, I tried to preserve your origional idea. The alternative was to remove it by saying they were house servants or something, which I don't think you'd have liked.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #35
So the trio tromped (And buzzed) for the rest of the day, until they came upon a bakery. Logalot insisted they stop, because he was very tired, and all this travelling wasn't good for an old man. The other two agreed and they sat down at a table. A barmaid brought them some pastried and coffee. They sipped and talked happily about what they would do if they ever came upon a member of the Red Eye cult, and this involved Logalot and Maestro making many "Whiz! and Bang!" sounds, much to Tina's amusement. It wasn't long though until there was a loud knock on the door, a voice called out "Surrender your pastries, this is the Red Eye Cult!" The baker was rather perplexed and scared, and was about to give them all his precious food, but Maestro stopped him. "We can handle them..." Logalot had his sword out and was standing at ready directly to the right of the door. "That's it! We're banging the door down!" The voice called. They were true to their word, after about three huge kicks, the door came down and many black clad people with absurdly red eyes burst in the door, Tina wasted no time in sprinkling a choking dust on them. Logalot charged in on them, they were blindsighted and he managed to stab on in the side of the chest. Maestro joined in as well, after much scuffling and choking, the battle was over. Maestro's swinging black hair was flailed out wildly, and he had a satisfied look on his face. One of Logalot's hands held his sword the other one was on his back. Tina looked curiusly at the cultist who had surrendered. "Well well... who might you be?" said Logalot with a grin. Maybe he could tell them a little more about the cult...

Edit: Dolney, why did you change the name of this topic to #1? Obviosly the orignal Join Us was #1.

[ Thursday, July 17, 2003 07:53: Message edited by: Logalot Beyond ]

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #36
Her apple pastry had been delicious and fully justified a trip to this bakery in Tina's opinion. Not being of a sharing disposition, the evil cult's attempted attack on her treasure enraged her considerably. She'd already planned future raids on the kitchen herself.

Her two men seemed to be passable fighters, she thought. Maybe she should quite seriously assist them while they were hunting the evil eyes. Consistence was not part of her nature, so this would not be easy for her. She pondered on it, not liking chains, not even selfimposed ones. Greed won.

She did a little somersault, well knowing what she was and what not and happy to have it so.

[ Thursday, July 17, 2003 08:59: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #37
OOC: omlette/Dolney, I hope you don't mind...

IC: A Alex and Delgar walked from Delgar's house, Arlon hurried his pace and caught up with them.
"Delgar, am I right?" he asked excitedly.
"Yes—"
"I've heard of you, you're a great scryer (sp), I was wondering if you could help me, my orb's not working—" Arlon spoke with little pause, though he was cut off by Alex.
"I don't think now's the right time, a whole city is in danger."
"In danger?" Arlon's mood changed. "Wow! Forget my orb, smash it if you will; do you mind if I tag along?"
"Sure, any help will be taken," said Alex. "Now, come on, let's go!"

OOC: Arlon is the third of Meeko's kind, another half Undine (I never get tired of them). Though his hair is short and he's a fairly good archer. He only carries one arrow with him, using it as a model when he shapes his spell when shooting.

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #38
OOC: Yay! Undine's here!

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
George Bernard Shaw
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #39
'If we're to warn Sefil, we'll have to get there fast. Alex, you mentioned that you were going to fly into the cultists' stronghold. How were you planning to do that?'

'I have a giant eagle. Come with me, I'll show you where I keep him.'

They leave the town, and find a giant eagle, sitting in a cave in the nearby mountainside. Unfortunately, there isn't room on it for all three of them, so Arlon created a seat from water in the nearby river. They mounted, and the eagle flew towards Sefil. As they flew, Delgar turned to Arlon.

'What's that you were saying about an orb? This isn't one of those Undine orbs that kill any non-Undines that touch them, is it?'

'What? How did you know what I was?'

'Well, I've never met a mage that could replicate Undine control over water. You don't look like an Undine, but you certainly act like one...'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #40
OOC: Oh yeah, about Maestro's weapon: Maestro wields two thin and identical swords with long handles, which can be locked together to work much like Darth Maul's lightsabre, except with material blades. When the swords are locked together, they are also connected by a cord. Maestro can fling one of the swords while holding the other carefully to attack someone at range. A button can then be pressed to draw the cord back, locking the two swords in place.

IC:
Maestro wiped the blood off the swords, and sheathed them. "Tell me about your cult," Maestro ordered the cultist.

"The Red Eye Cult shall reign!" the cultist screamed at the top of his voice.

"Sure they will. Tell me, in more detail, about it."

"You are infidels. You are ALL infidels! The Cult shall cleanse you all if your infidelity through undeath! If you do not follow the Red Eye Cult you will die! I will tell you nothing, but to beware." With that, the cultist overpowered Maestro's grip on his arms, and ripped out his own throat with his deformed, clawed hands.

"He didn't say much," Logalot concluded, stating the obvious.

"Now what?" Tina inquired.

"I assume this is a cult of death. Therefore, the graveyard would be a natural place to look," Maestro suggested...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #41
Dralnok: Um, sorry about that. I'm used to the hostile type of undead.
Oldman: Well, you shouldn't be so quick to blast everything!
Dralnok: Whatever. (man, this place sucks)

*Dralnok leaves the graveyard and heads back to the inn.

Dralnok: Barkeep, beer please.

*The bartender give Dralnok a beer, which he begins to sip.

Dralnok: (There's got to be something that's going on that I'm supposed to stop.)
Someperson: I tell you Jenkins, there be gold in them woods...
Dralnok: (well, I'm not going to solve anything this way)

*Dralnok finishes his beer and leaves the inn and wonders around town for a bit.

Dralnok: (I really need to learn the spell for flying)

*Suddenly a giant eagle with people on it passes by over head.

Dralnok: What the hell? Hmmmm. That thing's heading southwest...

*Dralnok checks his recently purchased map...

Dralnok: (So, it's either going to Sefil or Karn. Probably Sefil. Anyway, I might as well check it out.)

*Dralnok heads for Sefil

[ Thursday, July 17, 2003 15:26: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #42
Logalot frowned at the rather nausiating sight of the man with part of his own juggular(sp?) in his hands. He had seen worse, still though, self inflicted like that? He tried to mutter an incantation, and after a few tries he got it right, the body slowly edged itself out of the door and outside where it could decay in peace. It did run into a few walls, but he never did claim to be a wizard.

He inspected his own wounds, and he was rather suprised to find a bite mark on his lower leg. It didn't look to be dangerous, but he did notice that one of the bodies on the floor had what looked like a small piece of his leg in its mouth. "Look at this," he motioned to his companions "Not even the most fanatical of cultists would take care to bite my leg in their dying moments, this isn't natural..."
"It's almost as if they didn't mind dying."
"Oh you silly humans!" Both Maestro and Logalot turned to Tina who was, once again, giggling.
"Didn't that cultist man mention rebirth in undeadness or something like that? Maybe they become undead or something? And look, they've lost that horrid eye thing as well."
"Hmm... We better burn the bodies to make sure." Logalot remarked. So they burned bodies all afternoon, not a pleasant job, but adventuring never was a walk in the park.

The baker was grateful enough that he let them stay in the bakery for a night, and they did so. The next morning Tina woke everyone up with her loud voice shrieking "Look what I found!" Logalot sat up and grabbed the piece of paper Tina was waving in her hand. "It's a map!" Tina yelled excitedly. "Hmm... And it has Sefil circled, and it looks like something is scribbled next to it: "Deliver pastries for attack..." Logalot read. Maestro grabbed his head.
"That's my home town! They can't attack there, it's huge..."
"There's only one way to find out, we need to go there."
"Ugh, more walking?"
"'Fraid so you big weenie!" Tina giggled

[ Thursday, July 17, 2003 15:38: Message edited by: Logalot Beyond ]

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
George Bernard Shaw
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #43
Deep in the woods, five men in red robes stood over a metal cage with sacrificial daggers, laughing gleefully, and a bit maniacally (sp?) as well. A paladin sat in the cage, glaring at them and gazing longingly at the sword hanging at their leader's belt; his sword. The cultists had placed a curse on the cage, nullifying any holy magic cast within it, and it was all he could do to keep himself from simply going insane. The laughter grating on his nerves, the paladin turned his body so as to place himself next to the heavy lock on the cage. He began reaching his fingers closer, but as soon as they left the interior of the cage, the leader gave them a sharp rap with the blunt edge of his dagger. The paladin jumped, hitting his head on the bars, attempted a simple healing spell, glared at the leader once more when the spell fizzled out, and stuck his fingers inside his mouth, hoping to stop the bleeding. If he was not rescued soon, the paladin figured he might as well just give up and welcome insanity.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #44
OOC: I don't know where the paladin is, but I think I'll save him anyway.

IC:
*Dralnok continues to walk towards Sefil. Suddenly he notices some strange men in red robes and what seemed to be a cage. Dralnok walks to see what the strange redrobed men are doing, when he notices that there's a human in the cage.

Dralnok: What the... Hey, what are you people doing?

Robedman: None of you concern. Leave us now, or die.

Dralnok: Well, in that case...

*Dralnok pulls out his zats and starts shooting at robed people. Unfortunately, the zats have no effect on the robed men. Thinking quickly Dralnok grabs his staff and fires several blasts into the robed dudes. After killing 3 of them with staff fire, Dralnok summons several monsters to distract the men, while he destroys the lock on the cage, freeing the paladin.
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #45
OOC: Can we tone it down on the pastries

IC: As the three flew over on the eagle they saw some men in red robes boiling laying on the ground unconsious. They saw the men and explained what was happening they agreed to help them out. Alex said that dasonna could carry them Arlon made a large basket and three climbed into the basket and two stayed on top they headed to the town slowly but steady
OOC: Sir David is your character the same as tower of bable is so tell me

--------------------
Ohh YEAH!!!
--------------------
--------------------
Getapc
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
I shortened my sig.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #46
OOC: There are no woods between Kadib and Sefil.

IC: Bored with the slow progress of her humans Tina the Tiny whirled back and forth, right and left, up and down, as a respectable sprite should do. They were close to a forest now that the men did not wish to enter, muttering something about how easy one lost one's way in the woods.

Tina shrugged. Sprites have an excellent sense of direction, they simply don't get lost, but what would the humans know. She also felt a bit hungry and there was that glorious pastry well hidden in one of her pockets, waiting for her to enjoy.

Leaving the men behind, so that they would not see her, she winged among the trees, spotted a branch that suited her well and started her dinner. Munching away, feeling blissfully happy, the voices escaped her attention, until they grew louder. She stopped and listened. That sounded familiar. She carefully hid the rest of her pie and set out to investigate.

A clearing, and a battle had been fought. Evil eyes slain. Human warriors also, lying among them. So many evil eyes and no one burned them. Tiny shuddered. She didn't like undeads. Worried, she whushed away at a good pace even for herself. Her men had to be told, they would know what to do.

Should she have searched their robes and pockets? No, not while alone. She would do that later.

[ Friday, July 18, 2003 01:50: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #47
OOC:
Almost a thousand, man! IMAGE(Join Us Everyone Welcome and Needed # (2)_files/smile.gif)

EDIT:

WHOA, I'M TEH DEVIL MAAN!!!1 666!!!1

[ Thursday, July 17, 2003 17:22: Message edited by: stranger ]

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #48
OOC: You can't get me to believe that on a massive continent there aren't many forests. Instead, the light green is plains and light trees. Ah, must hurry before it's tommorow...

IC:
*The slain men arise from the ground.

Dralnok: You've got to be kidding me. Oh well. This shouldn't take too long.

*Dralnok and the paladin re-slay the redrobed guy and proceed to hack them to tiny pieces.

OOC: Like every mage in existance, Dralnok has a dagger.
IC:

Dralnok: So, what's you name?
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #49
ef: He has a point. I only marked major forests, there're plenty of not so major ones...

IC:

After a relatively brief journey, they arrived in Sefil. On the way, Delgar and Alex had explained the situation to the others, and Delgar had had a brief look at Alron's orb, to no effect. They landed outside Sefil, and Alex set about finding somewhere for his eagle to stay.

'Right. Let's go and find the mayor,' suggeted Dralnok.

'Oh dear. You haven't ever been to Sefil, have you?' asked Delgar.

'Well, no, but I don't see why that should stop me getting in touch with the mayor...'

'No, the fact that there isn't a mayor will stop you doing that. We really need to warn the Mercenary Council, but they only convene once a month...'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Pages