Tower of Babil

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Tower of Babil
Apprentice
Member # 3158
Profile #0
*TGO and Oberisuku continue into to the in of Shalakar inn. Everyone looks at Oberisuku strangely. Oberisuku just shakes it off.*

TGO-"We would like a room."
Inn Keeper-"Alright but these rooms don't come cheap."
TGO-"I don't care I just need the room."
IK-"Well, you must be searching for the Tower of Babil then."
TGO-"Yes."
IK-"I see, you must be like all those other people who come this way."
TGO-"Tell me more..."
IK-Well, unlike you most people come alone. You are one of the few people that is willing to listen to what I have to say."

*The Inn Keeper goes in to a long talk about the Tower of Babil and its history. After its fall, it was rebuilt by the people to imprision Sirius, a demon that had been tormenting the town nearby for some time. TGO thougt this was strange that a demon that could easily be imprisioned would do this without a more logical reason. Once the old man finished his story, TGO and Oberisuku go to the room. Oberisuku ists in the floor and quickly falls asleep. TGO lies in the best for a half-hour thinking of what the Inn Keeper said before falling asleep.*

--------------------
Where all have fallen I will rise as the last TrueGamer....TrueGamerOmega.
My Sig

My site
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #1
What the hell?

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #2
An RP.

OOC: I may be wrong, but did you get your username from Custer's Revenge?

[ Monday, June 30, 2003 17:42: Message edited by: Dacovind ]

--------------------
You go in, You go out, Repeat if necessary. - The Official Moron Guide For Sex

Be disgusted! (Not really)
Apprentice
Member # 1494
Profile #3
OOC: YAY! ANOTHER RP INVOLVING AN INN![/sarcasm]
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #4
*There was another man nearby who overheard what the bartender had to say about the Towe of Babil, his name was Kel-Aziz, a former royal guard of a forgoten empre in the suthern lands, now living in dishonor as a hired mercenary looking to regain what bit of honor he could and ofcourse some gold and fame if possible. he saw his chance...

Kel-Aziz: So...now that those weirdos are gone why dont you tell me more about this tower?

IK: Shure what do you need to...

KA: Tell me, any treasure in there?

IK: Well...they say the demon has some bounty with him but...

KA: Exellent my dear friend I need to know no more.

Kel went to his room smiling he new something big lied within that tower and he wanted to have a piece of that cake...he didnt know however that the demon traped in there had no intention to share. Kel had happy dreams, only disturbed by the ocacional snoring of what sounded like an ox on a room nearby...

[ Monday, June 30, 2003 17:49: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Dacovind:

An RP.

OOC: I may be wrong, but did you get your username from Custer's Revenge?

No. Custer has many exploits which do not involve Indian women. At least not directly.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #6
OOC: Oh. IMAGE(Tower of Babil_files/redface.gif)

IC:

A dark silhouette entered the inn, and approached the innkeeper.

????: Any rooms free?
IK: Yes. But be warned, they aren't cheap.
????: It doesn't matter.
IK: Let me guess: you're also going to the tower, aren't you?
????: Not now. Maybe later, but now i need a shelter for the moment. *Hands money to the innkeeper*
IK: Thanks!
????: One last warning: I may stay here longer than you think. *go upstairs*

WARNING: No jokes about Vin Diesel will be tolerated (I'd let's you guess why IMAGE(Tower of Babil_files/tongue.gif) )

[ Monday, June 30, 2003 19:48: Message edited by: Dacovind ]

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 3158
Profile #7
OOC: This name is my own. End of line.
*TGO awakes and gets his equipment. Oberisuku get stuck in the door(agian). After TGO helps him he notices a strange man watching them and walks away when TGO notices him.*

TGO-"I wonder why he was watching us..."

Ober-"We should just ignore him."

*They leave the inn and continue on the road. TGO thinks to himself about what the IK had said.*

IK's voice in TGO's head-"Even thought they easily imprisioned him, he still had his revenge. Eventually he used his dark powers to turn everyone in the town to demons. His imprisionment was permanent unless one not with dark influence frees him."

TGO in his head-"Why."

IK's voice-"That was how the spell was put. most people that come here are going there never come back. They either are too weak to resist his dark influence or they are destroyed by his minions. His influence has been growing. Many people are worried it might take over this country."

TGO to himself-"But I find it even stranger since that woman hired me."

Woman(again in his mind[we will be here a while])-"I want to hire you."

TGO(yes same place)-"what for?"

Woman-"I want you to bring me the demon Sirius."

TGO-"Ah, you want his head on a platter eh?"

Woman-"No, I want him alive, I want to kill him with my bare hands."

TGO-"Why?"

Woman-"He killed my husband, and my
father."

TGO-"What is the pay?"

Woman-"3 Million Gold."

TGO-"3 Million!"

Woman-"Yes, 3 Million."

TGO(to himself now)-"She seemed so dark, I wonder...and she looked so poor to have 3,000,000 gold. There is more to this. She must be under demon control. I must see what this is about..."

*TGO and Ober. leave the city after buying wares.*

--------------------
My Sig

My site
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #8
Fine, I join...

As TGO and Oberisku continue along the road, a gnome catches up with them, running fast.

'Excuse me...'

'What is it?'

'Are you going to the Tower?'

'What is it to you?'

'Well, I've been doing research into the beings there, and I've been thinking of getting together an expedition to go there myself, but no-one wants to join me, and I haven't the resources to take on Sirius alone. But you two seem fairly confident, so I thought that if you needed help, here would be my chance.'

'What help can you give us?'

'I've been developing magical protection to avoid the demon's mind-control powers. Also, I think I have a way to restore the shades he's created from the townsfolk to their origional states. And, I'm good in a fight.'

'But why do you want to help us?'

'You don't know? The Tower is built on the only vein of antimalchaic lodestone in the world. The gnome that claimed it would be able to create anthing: flying machines, even! Unfortunately, it also provides the demon with power, but I should be able to do something about that, as well. So, will you take me?'

'We'll consider it. For now, you may as well follow along. By the way, what's your name?'

'I'm Rathlan...'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Apprentice
Member # 3158
Profile #9
*TGO and Ober decide to let this strange person join with them.*

In case anyone is wondering, this is what Oberisuku looks like, well Oberisuku is slightly different. He is also about 8 feet tall.
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/truegameromega/oberisuku.gif
I know it looks crappy. Stupid GIFs.

OOC:I will be gone until Friday so I might not be able to post very much here for a while.

--------------------
My Sig

My site
Apprentice
Member # 3158
Profile #10
*TGO and Ober decide to let this strange person join with them. After a whlie they decide to rest for a few minutes. TGO notices athat strange person that he had seen outside his room...*

In case anyone is wondering, this is what Oberisuku looks like, well Oberisuku is slightly different. He is also about 8 feet tall.
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/truegameromega/oberisuku.gif
I know it looks crappy. Stupid GIFs.

OOC:I will be gone until Friday so I might not be able to post very much here for a while.

[ Tuesday, July 01, 2003 07:09: Message edited by: TrueGamer-Omega ]
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #11
OOC: i'll join

IC: as they neared the edge of the deamons control area they noticed a man in a tree
Group; Who are you

Alex; I am alex of the elven tribe mahock that is the deamon sirus's control area only the strong minded and one with magical protection can pass through there i've seen people fall down dead after taking one step they then become shades in minutes i've managed to save a few but many have fallen.

Group; how is it you save them and how do you know all this stuff.

Alex; well i use a healing potion to revive them.
and i know all this cause my tribe lives on the far side of his control area i've gone in about 7 (whatever is closest to miles back then). there was way to many shades for one man himself to kill and they are innocent and don't deserve to die. I will join you i know the way

[ Tuesday, July 01, 2003 08:50: Message edited by: Dolney ]

--------------------
Ohh YEAH!!!
--------------------
My god could kick you god's ass.
--------------------
Getapc
--------------------
Teh Flamin sworrd of bd gramer has now become the Flaming Sword of not perfict grammer.
--------------------
Worning not perfict grammer behind.
--------------------
DOLNEY HAS CHANGED TO A guy with not so perfict grammer
--------------------
I shortened my sig.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #12
*back in the inn Kel-Aziz just woke up. Noticing that TGO and Oberisuku had left he asked the IK where the tower was, however he did not know the exact location. So Kel was forced to brake into TGO and Oberi's room with his nice array of lockpicks (his ability in this art had improved in his late years of decadence.) finding nothing but obsene magazines, empty bottles, a small bed and a huge pile of mantles.

Kel: Jeess...it stinks in here, reminds me of the old barracks way back home.

*Searching under some trash he found an intresting piece of paper...

Kel: Mmm, what do we have here, intresting...

*Sudenly he turned the paper upside down and it all made sense...

Kel: Aha! A map to the tower of Babil, maybe they already memorised the way or where just to drunk to remember where they left it.

*And so he quickly followed the path to the Tower of Babil, halfnaked he ran dressing up as he ran, hopefully, getting any posible treasures in that tower before them or anyone else, little he knew about shades or the powers of the demon...still, in his heart, little he cared.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #13
The Grammar Wench seizes her Scythe and hacks Dolney messily into a number of small pieces, kills everyone else in the room and then turns the Scythe on herself, screaming in agony, "No! NOT ANOTHER MINDLESS INN RP! WILL THE TORMENT NEVER CEASE?"

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #14
The aging priest enters the inn and surveys the carnage before him. Recognizing the good that the Grammar Wench hath wrought, he restores life to her and rewards her with a golden thesaurus and a bejeweled editor's pen.

[ Tuesday, July 01, 2003 10:59: Message edited by: Flavius ]

--------------------
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
Larry Hardiman
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #15
????: *See the carnage* Wow.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #16
KA: I shall excuse my bad grammar by letting both of you, The Grammar Wench and The aging priest, know that I am not from these lands. As some of you may have noticed at the bottom of my posts, specificaly in the "From:" part, it indicates my land of origin, and as some of you may know it is not English speaking but Spanish speaking, reason for wich I hope to be revived and hopefully countinue my mission that should, eventualy, lead me out of this Inn you hate so much. IMAGE(Tower of Babil_files/wink.gif)

OOC: Besides these web board thingies are a good way to learn grammar. Wich is, as you may have noticed, my weak point. IMAGE(Tower of Babil_files/tongue.gif)

[ Tuesday, July 01, 2003 11:28: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #17
YAY4MOREPAINFULDUMBRPSFROMHELLTHEREISNOENDTOTHEPAINOMGWTF!

Describing the spiderweb RPs as a whole with one simple word.

EDIT : YAY4MURDEROFBROWSERSANITY!!!!!111

Describing Arctic's post as a whole with one simple word. >_<

[ Tuesday, July 01, 2003 15:13: Message edited by: Imban ]

--------------------
Saundersw3: Do not abuse Wolfie's bunnies while he is not watching
KhothMk2: *abuses a bunny while you are watching*
KazeArctica: Bastard
KhothMk2: It was a masochistic bunny! It was begging me to for hours, and I finally gave in
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #18
Although not technically a word, "FB" is much shorter.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #19
You are overly cruel. Excepting Dolney's post, this RP hasn't shown any overt signs of untenability. And for Dolney, that was an amazingly long post, so he doesn't actually have much effect on RPs.

Now for my bit, which I'm hoping wasn't included in our dear RoR's grammar nag, because I have been trying to meet even such exacting standards as hers...

IC:

As the day nears its close, the party checks the map and finds that it is three days' journey from the Tower of Babil.

Preparing to sleep, Rathlan is struck by a thought. 'Alex, you have the most experience of Sirius' power. How far from the Tower does he control minds?'

'Well, I don't think that's something I can say for sure. I've seen it happen several miles away, as far as 10 possibly, to a goblin, but they're very weak-minded. I'd say the effect becomes noticable on the average human around three or four miles from the tower, two on an elf. Of course, different individuals have different strengths of mind, and if you stopped within twenty miles or so of the tower for a couple of months, you'd eventually become affected, although that again would depend on your strength of mind.'

'How about gnomes? Or...whatever he is?' asks Rathlan, pointing at Oberisuku as he says 'he'.

'I don't know. Those with natural resistance to magic have resistance to mind control as well, so gnomes should resist it quite well, and if he isn't resistant to magic I should be quite surprised.'

OOC: TGO, is Oberisuku resistant to magic?

IC:

TGO joins in with the conversation:

'I've been wondering about this demon's powers myself. If he has all this power, why does he stay in the Tower? Surely he has an army that could conquer the world at his disposal?'

'I think I've discovered the answer to that,' replied Rathlan. 'His power comes from the antimalchaic lodestone. I suspect that in his plane of existence, he is actually quite a minor demon, but his powers have been massively amplified by the lodestone. If he ever goes far from it, he will lose his power over himself and his army. And lodestone of any kind is notoriously difficult to mine: only the gnomes and dwarves have ever managed it. Once Sirius has taken over the mind of one of his followers, even if they were a gnome or a dwarf, they won't be in any state to explain the finer points of mining to him.'

'Is there any chance that he'll find out a way of mining it himself?'

'It's a possibility, but remote. After all, he's been trying for the last few hundred years with no success.'

'How do you know he's been trying?'

'I don't, but I'm sure he knows that his inability to mine this substance is all that stands between him and a world of souls to consume, and that gives me the idea that he'll probably be trying his hardest to do so.'

And on that reassuring note, Rathlan stumps off to sleep.

OOC:

Quick roster, just for reference:

TGO, Oberisuku, Rathlan, and Alex are in a party headed for the Tower of Babil. Kel-Aziz is following them, and a mysterious character is staying at an inn.

-E-

EDIT: and that was an amazingly long post even by my standards...

-e-

[ Tuesday, July 01, 2003 12:53: Message edited by: Omlette ]

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #20
Oh, it wasn't so much the grammar I was complaining about as it was the RP itself. You're fine, Omlette. Thank you, Flavius.

EDIT: Nazgul, if English isn't your first language, you're exempt from my grammar rants. Just remember--"your" is possessive, "you're" = "you are."

[ Tuesday, July 01, 2003 13:53: Message edited by: Mangophobia ]

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Warrior
Member # 3124
Profile #21
I meant not to demean or insult anyone's grammar. I am sorry if anyone was offended. I meant only to make light of Mangophobia's post and join in some fun.

Other RP's have not fared well, hence the satirical comments. Enjoy your RP, I shan't bother you again! IMAGE(Tower of Babil_files/smile.gif)

--------------------
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.
Larry Hardiman
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #22
OOC: Mmm, ill take note on that, thnx, btw any spanish grammar question feel free to ask... IMAGE(Tower of Babil_files/wink.gif) oh and dont bother correcting every silly mistake, you will probably end up with 300 posts or more IMAGE(Tower of Babil_files/biggrin.gif) , ill learn as I go...

IC:

* Right outside the camp fire's light radius, someone had listened the conversation.

K-Aziz: Mmm, intresting, rare stones difficult to find, just what a retired war veteran needs to buy a nice house in a distant province.

*Kel-Aziz mind started to hurt, suddenly a voice erupted.

Voice: Kel-Aziz...Kel-Aziz....Kel-Aziz son of Kel-Kazad.

K: Uh...wh..whe...what the...

*Suddenly his head started hurting and his vision bluring.

K: I...I think...I took to many...drinks back...in town

Voice: Kel-Aziz, listen carefully they want your gold, your reward, your treasure...

K: Treasure, reward....arrrrgg...the paaain...

Voice: It is yours to the taking let them not interfere...

K: Not...I will not....I will not let them take what is mine.

*Kel-Aziz eyes glowed in fury...he was not in his senses anymore...picking up a wooden stick he started a fire juts as the fire in is eyes, it glowed with red fury quickly consuming the wood.

K: They will not take what is mine....

*Quietly and quickly as he was good at, he started to ignite all small bushes he could find that where around the campsite, not so close to be smelled or to big to be seen easily, and as soon as he had ignited the last bushes the first ones started to rage in red hot fury, followed in harmony by the rest of the plant and trees nearby as if the flames had been hidding and preparing for an assault commanded from un unknown force...

K: hahahHAHAHAHA!!! THEY SHAL NEVER TAKE WHAT IS MINE FOR THE TAKING!!! AHHHH..

*And so the now half possesed Kel-Aziz hastly continued his journey to The Tower of Babil...

[ Tuesday, July 01, 2003 14:50: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #23
The group walked warily along on a small dirt path, trying to find a wider road to travel on, when suddenly a large dark shape fell from a tree and landed with a loud thump in fromt of them. All three quickly drew their blades and held them between themselves and their assailant. The shape rose slowly from the ground and spoke.

Sir David: Good Lord, I haven't fallen from a tree in years.

TGO: Who are you?

Sir David: I am a holy paladin of the Order of the Gryphon; more I cannot tell you. Know only that I... wait... what are you doing?

TGO: Demon-hunting.

Sir David: Count me in.

And with that, Sir David joined the group, contributing his small knowledge of rudimentary magic and large knowledge of melee warfare, along with his beautifully carved bow and well-forged sword, and his famous (or maybe notorious) green armor. Ignoring the strange looks the others gave him, Sir David moved off in front of them, seeming to already know the way.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #24
OOC: Mmm, ok lets supose that the post where Sir David encountered the group ocurred just before my post, cause it seems sir David missed my post. The camp is surrounded in flames and they still have to find a way out. So this is how the sory is left.

- Alex, Sir David, TGO, Oberisuku and Rathlan are in the camp surrounded in flames.

- Kel-Aziz is madly possesed by the demon and heading to the tower of Babil.

- A misterious character (rumors say its Vin Diesel) waits still in the Inn.

IMAGE(Tower of Babil_files/biggrin.gif)

[ Tuesday, July 01, 2003 17:27: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------

Pages