Tower of Babil

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Tower of Babil
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #25
'Help! Fire!'

Rathlan wakes up slowly to the sound of the paladin panicking outside. Crawling out of his own tent, he is met with an unwelcome sight.

OOC:
This is the point at which I wish everyone had posted bios: I don't actually know what TGO and Dolney think their characters can do. Can we all try to post these from now on? Here's mine, anyway:

Rathlan is a gnomish alchemist/inventor, thrown out of the gnomish kingdom for overly radical scientific research, or some such. (Last time I think it was creating a working compass...but never mind.) He has no melee weapon, but a very powerful repeater crossbow, and also some useful flasks of acid. Occasionally he has been known to mingle the acid with potash, creating interesting if annoyingly unpredictable results. He has no magical ability, but significant magic resistance from his gnomish heritage, and he knows a lot about magic, out of a know-your-enemy sort of philosophy.

IC:

Sir David, recovering from his panic, leapt to his feet and began a shielding enchantment. Soon the camp was enclosed with a bubble of white light.

'That may not hold,' pointed out Rathlan. 'They look suspiciously like magical fires to me. We'd be better off packing our things and escaping along one side.'

'And how do you plan to do that?'

'I have certain substances that react interestingly when they come into contact with flames. I intend to see that they do, since the results will probably clear us a path, however briefly.'

Rathlan quickly packs his bags, as do TGO, Oberisuku, and Alex. Sir David stands still, straining to hold his shield against the flames.

'Alex, could you pack up Sir David's tent? We can't afford for his concentration to lapse.'

As Alex begins packing Sir David's tent, Rathlan gets out his crossbow, and removes a box from the underneath. Taking a single bolt out, he quickly hollows out the inside, then removes from his pocket a flask containing a strange powder, and pours in as much as will go. He then reloads the crossbow.

'Paladin, can you drop the shield for a few seconds? Just long enough for me to shoot the bolt at the road side. Then, you'll need to put it up again, as the explosion will be quite impressive.'

Sir David only nods, and the shield disappears. He immediately begins casting another, as Rathlan shoots his bolt into the bushes. Just as the shield reappears, a massive explosion outside shakes it, and Sir David staggers. Bushes are sent flying, and for a moment a clear path to the road appears.

'Run!'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #26
Bio: Alex aramil born of the tribe mahock he is kinnda a fighter thief ranger and a very good chef (long story) he avenges his family and whole village (mahock) he belongs to a new tribe fresagriedig (elvish for tower guarders) he defaeted the ones who killed all in his village.
weopens flaming sword beutiful bow flaming arrows and plain ice fire boomerang (half fire half Ice) Cloak of free movement
IC: as they ran a large tree colapsed just seconds after they got out of there.
Alex: he examined the fire all of a sudden he shouts "that fire was not magical and looking at the bushes it started at that bush right by Kel-Aziz's camp "Kel-Aziz" alex shouted!

[ Wednesday, July 02, 2003 06:36: Message edited by: Dolney ]

--------------------
Ohh YEAH!!!
--------------------
My god could kick you god's ass.
--------------------
Getapc
--------------------
Teh Flamin sworrd of bd gramer has now become the Flaming Sword of not perfict grammer.
--------------------
Worning not perfict grammer behind.
--------------------
DOLNEY HAS CHANGED TO A guy with not so perfict grammer
--------------------
I shortened my sig.
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #27
quote:
Originally written by The_Nazgul:

- A misterious character (rumors say its Vin Diesel) waits still in the Inn.

IMAGE(Tower of Babil (2)_files/biggrin.gif)

HEY! IMAGE(Tower of Babil (2)_files/mad.gif)

IC:

Back at the inn, the innkeeper was busy serving his usual customers when suddently, the mysterious person descended the stairs and quickly ran outside!
IK: But... What going on?
????: The Absolution... It has begun! I must go now!
IK: The WHAT?!
But he was arealdy gone.

Outside, the mysterious guy pulled a beautiful, blue crystal from his backpack and quickly chanted a spell. Suddently, the crystal emitted a blinding light, that quickly shaped to form a horse. The guy mounted it and left... for the Tower of Babil.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the bio:

Almost nothing is known about this guy, excepted that he is somewhat involved in a project named "The Absolution". Rumors also says that he is close friend of some race. But which one... Nobody knows. Would be probably either the Troglodytes, the Rakashi, or, the most probable, the Vahnatai.

[ Wednesday, July 02, 2003 07:15: Message edited by: Dacovind ]

--------------------
You go in, You go out, Repeat if necessary. - The Official Moron Guide For Sex

Be disgusted! (Not really)
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #28
*Reluctantly agrees not to mock RPs*

--------------------
Saundersw3: Do not abuse Wolfie's bunnies while he is not watching
KhothMk2: *abuses a bunny while you are watching*
KazeArctica: Bastard
KhothMk2: It was a masochistic bunny! It was begging me to for hours, and I finally gave in
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #29
Dacovind: you only really need to post a bio if you're going to join a party, or come into contact with other players, or generally be in a situation where other peoples' posts are going to be describing your actions.

Dolney: I don't think you read Nazgul's post properly-Kel Aziz never made a camp, and nor did we get a chance to learn his name. So I think we'll have to assume you're slightly psychic...

IC:

'What's that you said?' asked Sir David

'What's what?' replied Alex. 'I didn't say anything.'

'Yes you did. It sounded like "Kill Ziz"'

'I don't remember saying that.'

'Do you remember anything odd at all?' asked Rathlan.

'Well, just as I got out of the fire, I did feel an odd kind of feeling, a bit like I was wanting to start the fire...only it was already started...'

'Has this ever happened before?'

'Well, I have occasionally felt like that after a fight, as if I was wondering how to kill myself, from the perspective of an enemy, but it's never had any effect on me. And I've never, ever, said anything without knowing it.'

'I think you might have just now. What it was, I don't know, but what you said may have been a clue as to who lit that fire.'

TGO butts in. 'Can we talk about this as we walk? we have to get going to the Tower. Chances are, this attack is linked to that, so we'll need to get going, and not sleep until we get there.'

Although Rathlan looks a little shocked at the idea of not sleeping, he sets off with the others...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #30
*A few miles away, far from the confusion left in the camp, Kel-Aziz continued his frenetic march to claim his treasure. Arriving at a high hill in the limits of the forest he could see what he was looking for...The Tower of Babil. Not as impresive as he might have expected, but the precence of the power emanating from there could be felt strongly from those hill.

K: Ahh...the tower, finnaly I shal claim what is mine and I shall be able able to regain my honor return to my lands in glory and be a Royal Guard once ag...ahhh...

Voice: ...Kel-Aziz...

K:I must be strong minded....I...I have a strong mind...I will NOT be controlled...I...I...shall serve my demonic master and make my stand in this hill...none shall pass...

*At the distance Kel-Aziz could see the smoke rising from the wounded forest, he knew he had some time before Alex, the elf, spoted him so he prepare for combat. He drank his best magic resistance and speed potions, he needed no strenght potion since his agility and assesination skills learned in the royal guard were still there, vividly as his fury and augmented with the demons power. Both poison waveblades drawn and his holy armour hurting his chest in a futile attempt to expel the demon within him he awaited at the tip of the hill, above a flat stone where only his figure against the red hot sun could be seen, matching the red color of his eyes...awaiting...still...like only a golem of blades could do...or an ex-royal guard, only this time...a guard of the devil himself...

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #31
Sir David, in this RP anyway, is a paladin of... eyah, told you that already. Anyway, he's the leader of a small elite band of archers who are kind of like adventurers, but do everything for religious purposes, not for gold, and they live in forests. They are not in this RP because Sir David is currently... actually, I'll reveal what he's doing here later, but anyway that's why he was in a tree. I can't really say anything else without giving away something of his plans, sort of like ol' Vin, and everything else I've already said.

IC: Sir David, drained after maintaining the two shields, not to mention two going on three sleepless nights, walked slightly in front of the others as they discussed the attack. Sir David, while concerned, had no way in which he could contribute to the topic, so instead he stayed as wary as possible, in case the group needed more protection. After about a half hour of this, Sir David stopped. The others, deeply absorbed in their conversation, did not notice this, nor the sound of gallopping somewhere nearby. Sir David, however, did notice this sound, which made the beast it came from faster than any mortal horse. Puzzled and more than slightly worried, Sir David launched himself into the nearest tree and jumped and climbed in the direction of the sound. The others noticed his abscense at the same time that he saw the source...

EDIT: Eh, did it again. OK, so how about this: our group is near K-A, who is near the Tower. The group is on the path leading to K-A at the top of a hill, and Sir David is in a tree somewhere near them watching Vin on his magical horse, which is quickly overtaking the group. For what purpose, I don't know. But just in case he wasn't planning to meet us this soon, there's another little path leading off to the side, behind us =]

[ Wednesday, July 02, 2003 10:29: Message edited by: Sir David ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #32
After an hour or so, (and that feeling of being watched - Damn paladins and their curiosity!) the mysterious figure finally arrived at the Tower, where he noticed a lone mage waiting for him near the portal.

Mage: You're late.
????: *Calling back his horse* Like i didn't know! Couldn't you choose a better place damnit?
Mage: *Smiling* Nope.
????: Very funny! Keven, i hope you know there is a friggin demon in that tower?
Keven: ...
????: Now you know! Let's get out before he find us!

And the two jumped in the portal.

--------------------

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #33
Sir David, watching the horseman take a different path, decided that curiosity, no matter how useful, was less important than the protection of the group. When he caught up with them, they had finished their conversation, though they still looked puzzled, and they were watching the woods around them warily. Sir David dropped to the ground lightly in front of them, causing them all to jump and draw their weapons halfway, and rejoined them. He noticed that the ground was beginning to slope upwards...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Apprentice
Member # 3168
Profile #34
well this is an interesting rp
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #35
OOC: Sodfactor you are free to join if you feel like it, before you do so however, remember to read what has been going on. IMAGE(Tower of Babil (2)_files/smile.gif)

IC: In the meantime, Kel-Aziz was still waiting...inmobile, as if part of the stone on wich he was standing. he had sensed the precence of another one who passed by him in a horse but he was ignored as the demon ordered him, he had other plans for that soul. He did not ignore however, the group he spoted just outside the limits of the forest...

Kel-Aziz: Come to me warriors...come, and prepare to meet the fury of the Demonic Royal Guard!!

As he said these words, he pulled of his ragged cloak revealing his glorious armour, the two swords crossed over the silver moon of Darubis could be seen beutifully carved in the chest of the golden plate mail, the simbol of that once mighty empire, destroyed by the corruption of their leaders that led to a horrible civil war. What an irony, that the once honorable Royal Guard should share his empires destiny, corrupted...corrupted by the vary hand of the demon. Now his armour had lost what holyness remained on it and was now cursed with the demons power. The golden armour was tainted in red as if blood had painted it. The plated moon of Darubis was fiery red, just like the sun behind Kel-Aziz, just like his eyes, just like his mind, just like his heart.

[ Thursday, July 03, 2003 07:51: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #36
As they near the bottom of the hill, Sir David looks up.

'Look! On top of the hill!'

Clearly they hear Alex's voice saying strange words:

'Come to me warriors...come, and prepare to meet the fury of the Demonic Royal Guard!!'

TGO turned to look at him. 'What was that?'

'I think it was the same thing as before, when he picked up the thoughts of our enemy. This must be the thought of that warrior on the hill.'

'That's bad for us, then,' said Sir David. 'I've heard of the Royal Guard of Darubis, and they're the most skilled warriors in the known world: we wouldn't stand a chance against him.'

'How has the demon overpowered him, then?'

'They are trained for absolute obedience to their masters. Sirius could probably transfer this absolute obedience to himself quite easily.'

'Well, we must try and break the hold the demon has on him. Alex, you say healing potions have worked. Have you any? And how quickly does the effect happen?'

'I have many of them, specially prepared for this journey. And although the control goes slowly, the person being effected cannot do anything while the potion's healing powers and the demon are fighting for their mind.'

The normally silent Oberisuku leaned over to comment. 'So all we need to do is feed him a drop of the potion? This should be easy.'

Sir David was skeptical. 'You may think that's easy, but you've never seen one of the Darubi in a fight before. Trust me, even with this advantage our chances of survival are dubious.'

'Well, at least we may as well attack now-get it over and done with. Alex, give me a potion.'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #37
IC: alex: here this is my strongest one. I've herd of these guards they are trained in combat and can use almost anything as a weapon but they aren't trained in magical arts. Magic could be his weakness.

--------------------
Ohh YEAH!!!
--------------------
My god could kick you god's ass.
--------------------
Getapc
--------------------
Teh Flamin sworrd of bd gramer has now become the Flaming Sword of not perfict grammer.
--------------------
Worning not perfict grammer behind.
--------------------
DOLNEY HAS CHANGED TO A guy with not so perfict grammer
--------------------
I shortened my sig.
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #38
Meanwhile...

Master: My friends, it has begun. The forces of evil started their assault on this world, corrupting everyone, everything, all these poor people that doesnt even know what happening.

We are the only people who know about this, and the only one who can do something about it. The first part of the "Absolution" project has been done; it's up to us to put the final and decisive touch on it. Everyone know their chant?

*All nods*

Master: Perfect! Let's go!

* Everybody start chanting. But when it is done, nothing happens.*

Master: What the...
????: ...Master?
Master: Yes Vynn?
Vynn (OOC: HAPPY NOW?): If our job is to repel evil... Then why have i been brought here near a demon tower?
Master: WHAT??!? Who did- *A powerful explosion throw everyone on the floor*

Master: Pure evil! All is lost!

*Look at Vynn* Or not. Listen Vynn, you must escape from there and battle the evil, the same one that couldn't infect you. Quick!
Vynn: ...Alone?
Master: Not quite. *Everybody else start chanting* Now go! You are the only hope against evil!

Vynn: *Run quickly into the portal. Mere seconds after, the whole building he was in is destroyed, killing everybody. Vynn return at the tower.*

Vynn: *Draw his 'Double Waveblade(c)'* You will pay for this, Demon scum! *Run inside*

OCC: If you wonder what a 'Double Waveblade(c)' look like, then think: "Darth Maul". Nuff said IMAGE(Tower of Babil (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #39
Back in the limits of the forest.

Alex: LOOK OUT!!

*As soon as Oberisuku took hold of the potion, a flash of light passed between Alex and Oberisuku, what was first thought to be a lightning spell cast by some unknown force, happened to be Kel-Aziz's waveblades striking at incredible speed. Only Alex's elven reflexes had saved him from a lethal strike, or so he thought...But Oberisuku was not so lucky...

Oberisuku: Ahhh...(letting go of the potion.)...my arm.

The potion smashed against the ground as Oberisuku fell in one knee, with one hand on his arm, now covered in blood.

Kel-Aziz: (With an evil smile on his face) He, He, He, Lesson number one of the Darubian Guard Code: "Iniciative, speed, dexterity, mixed up with the element of surprise are a warriors best chance of a succesfull first strike."

The strike was indeed succesfull, Alex inmediatly reacted taking his bow and arrow out when it hit him...

Alex: My hand!!...(dropping the arrow he could see a small cut in his hand.), how...I...I could swear I saw that sword comming at me...theres no way a human can be that fast...
Kel-Aziz: Its amazing what a good old Darubian Speed Potion and Poisoned Waveblades can do isnt it....know I'd like to see what an elven warrior is capable of with a hurt hand a blured vision and a clouded mind. Let me see how you shoot with that bow of yours...HA, HA, HA!! thats lesson number two of the Darubian Guard Code: "Choose well where you hit your oponent, for one planed stike can be mightier than a thousand blows."

Oberisuku leaped on Kel-Aziz consumed with rage.

Oberisuku: Ahhhhh!!!

Kel-Aziz made a quick dodge and swifly made another double strike at the huge Oberisuku's knees, he fell like a stone tower, unconcious.

TGO: Oberisuku!! (running to pick up his fallen friend.).
K-A: Lesson number three of the Darubian Guard Code: "Nothing is more dangerous than an attack in disharmony with your mind."
Rathlan: Why you...
Sir David: Wait!...he is no mach for you small one, let me handle this...
TGO: (filled with rage and surrounded by a fiery aura.) You will need some mage spells to back up your attack.

Kel-Aziz remained inmobile, staring like a feline at his remaining oponens, ready to react at any movement of their rivals, analizing, planing his next move like he was instructed in those forgoten days at the Royal Academy...

[ Thursday, July 03, 2003 16:19: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #40
Back at the tower, Vynn searched the tower for Sirius, but alas, he was nowhere to be found. Deceived, he got out, summoned his horse and departed. He hasn't traveled far before he saw a lone soldier. But what he sensed was the evil. On the hill. In the person. Blurred with rage, he directed his horse there and drawed his sword.

Kel-Aziz suddently heard a gallop nearby, and quickly placed himself to kill whatever was there. But iw was too late: Vynn impaled him before he could move. And with a swift move, he sent him flying near some others that he just noticed.

Kel-Aziz (not dead) : What the...
TGO: *Get a potion* I'm not gonna miss this chance!
Vynn: *Approaching* Put some on his wounds too.
Sir David: *Recognize Vynn* Hey! You're the same guy i saw in the forest!
Vynn: Could be. I sensed some other holy power in there.

A loud screech interrupted the two. Nearby, Kel-Aziz's body let out a thick smoke that reformed itself in midair to create an ugly, horrible creature everyone replaced.

Sirius: ARRRGH!!! I just found the perfect body to escape, and you destroyed it! Now you will PAY FOR THIS!!!!
Sir David: **Look at the others* Stay away; you dont have any chances against this one. *Look at Vynn* Listen, i dont know who you are, but my senses tell me to trust you, and you look like someone with big power. So let's destroy that demon once and for all.
Vynn: Very good! *Look at Sirius* Meet your creator, evil one!

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #41
OOC: People, we don't want to kill off the storyline quite that quickly...

IC:

Sirius sneered at the two holy warriors. 'No-one created me. I have existed since before the beginning of time, and shall continue to exist long past its end. You haven't a hope: give up now, and I will let you join me instead of killing you for your impertinence.'

'No!' replied Vynn. 'There are powers of good you know nothing of, evil one, and they are all about to be brought into play against you.'

With that, Vynn begins a strange, unearthly chanting. Sir Davind briefly looks confused, then, drawing his sword, waves it in a circle, filling it with holy light, and charges the demon.

The demon draws his own sword and shield out of the air, and defends himself, with difficulty, against Sir David's attack. The glowing light in Sir David's sword appears to be actually destroying the demon's sword and shield. Then, the demon grows two more arms, one holding a sword, and one a mace. Sir David is now on the defensive, a whirl of light as he parries blows from every direction, with no time to consider a blow towards Sirius. Two more arms appear, each holding an axe, and Sir David is forced to retreat, with the demon following him.

Just then, Vynn finishes his chanting. Sirius seems frozen in time, unable to move.

'Kill him!' shouts Vynn, running forward. Alex also runs forward, towards Kel-Aziz. He forces a healing potion into his mouth, and without ceremony, the frozen demon flickers and vanishes, released from the bond he himself had created.

'You lunatic! Why did you do that?' asked Oberisuku.

Alex looked horror-struck. 'I didn't realise it would do that, I just wanted to make sure Sirius didn't make him get up and attack us again.'

'I hope you realise that we're now practically back to square one?' demanded Rathlan. 'When we practically had the demon dead at our feet, thanks to our friend here...what was your name?'

'I am Vynn. I belonged to an organisation called the Absolution, who were destroyed by Sirius, giving their lives to ensure my escape. Now, my only intent is to destroy him.'

Meanwhile, Kel-Aziz is coming round. The party watches him warily, ready to jump him at the first sign of aggression.

'Where am I? And who are you?'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #42
OOC: I agree with Omlette. Dacovind is going way too fast, apeared, traveled, did ceremony, destroyed tower, came back and faced the demon all in some six posts...you can be tthe one to kill the demon but let's take this step by step to enjoy a little, let's see what I can do...

IC:
K-A: 'Where am I? And who are you?

*Vynn aproached Kel-Aziz and helped him up, suddenly, as fast and surprising as usual, he took hold of Vynn hand, turned over, letting Vynn fly over him and falling with the back on the gound, without releasing his arm he turned his body 180 degrees when a loud snap was heard.

K-A: Thanks for the healing potion my dear foolish friend.
Vynn: Ahhh!!! My arm, why the hell did you do that.

*Vynn was helpless, the constant running thru hills, forests and towers, the battles and magic chantings against the demon himself had drained his energies. Kel-Aziz then lifted his now weakened body and tossed it over down the hill untill he reached a mud pile down below. He inmediatly took hold of his twin waveblades.

Alex: That cant be, I gave him the potion myself.
K-A: You mean that over there...(pointing at a puddle of greenish mud)...he,he,he, you dont actually think I would be unconcious when you gave me that...here's lesson number four of the Darubian Guard Code: "If attacked and left almost unconcious, remain as if so, for you may regain you concentration and your oponent may lower his guard". I took some of your potion, but I did not swallow it.

*Alex could not hear clearly what Kel-Aziz said for the poison he had ignored before had already spread to key parts of his organism, he suddenly fainted. With Alex and Oberisuku unconcious, Vynn seriously wounded and drained, only the small Rathlan, Sir David (partially drained) and TGO remained. With this, the demon lord Sirius knew he had gained enough time to regain strengh back in the lower, unexplored, levels of the tower where the vein of antimalchaic lodestone rested. His voice could be heard in the minds of the party.

Voice: Hahahaha....you may have ruined my means of escape, but he is still under my control and I am still AlVE, HAHAHAHA!!

*Suddenly a powerfull force was felt in the camp, everyone turned to see that TGO was releasing incredible amount of power from his body.

TGO: This is it, I have had enough of this!!. Sir David!! Save what little energy you have left for healing our friends!! Rathlan!! go and take another potion from Alex. I shall handle this.
K-A: I have faced countless numbers of wizards like you before, you are not any diffrent from them, the same overconfidence in their spells and powers, the same weakness.

*TGO then charged with his hole body, hasting and using strength spells as he went. Kel-Aziz remained inmobile in a strange combat position.

TGO: ...AHHHH!!!!

*Yet another battle had started, although this time TGO knew fisical attacks were practically useless, still, he had other plans in his mind...

OOC: Get the hint. IMAGE(Tower of Babil (2)_files/wink.gif)IMAGE(Tower of Babil (2)_files/wink.gif) ....?

[ Friday, July 04, 2003 05:49: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #43
Rathlan paused for a second, unsure of what to do. Lacking anything else, he pulled out a few more of Alex's impressively large stash of healing potions, and fed Alex one, then ran downhill to give one to Vynn. Digging in his pack, he found his box of poison-injecting crossbow bolts, and opened it up.

It probably won't work, but it's worth a try...

He emptied out the poison from the small glass canisters, and poured a small quantity of healing potion into each. Loading them into his crossbow, he tried to take aim at the combat unfolding before him, but the magical speed at which it was happening confounded him. Sighing, he shot blindly at where he thought the combat was, hoping that and wounds he inflicted on TGO would heal themselves.

TGO and Kel-Aziz circled each other, slowly in their heightened perception of the world, yet far too fast for the human eye to follow. Kel-Aziz swung his waveblade viciously at TGO's head, but felt it bounce off a magical shield. Again and again he swung, but to no effect. Panicking slightly, he drew his blade back for a massive blow, hoping to destroy the shield with sheer force. But as he drew back, TGO struck, his fist wreathed in flame, and Kel-Aziz was forced to bring his blade back down to defend himself. Back and forth they fought, TGO's shield and Kel-Aziz' skill keeping the fight at a stalemate. Suddenly, Kel-Aziz slowed to normal speed, and began to sway on his feet. Quickly stepping round him, TGO saw a crossbow bolt of a strange design sticking out from the back of Kel-Aziz' neck. As Kel-Aziz began to fall, Vynn dartd forward and poured another healing potion into his mouth, holding him at an angle to stop him spitting the potion out.

Rathlan ran up.

'It doesn't matter how much you feed him, he will attack us again as soon as he wakes up. You saw how easily TGO could block him magically: he has no resistance to magic at all. We must devise some way to block Sirius' mind-control. The only hope we have is our knowledge that his power comes from the antimalchaic lodestone. I don't know much about it, but from what I do know, I'm fairly sure that pure gold blocks the effects.'

'Pure gold? You don't ask much, do you? Where are we going to find pure gold?'

'I can make some,' the gnome replied. 'But it will not be quick. You will have to think of some way to keep him bound for at least a day, unless you just want to kill him now.'

'No.' Alex was adamant. 'We can't kill him, it's not his fault he's attacking us. If we remove his weapons and potions, I'm sure we'll be able to overpower him when he comes round. Unless these Royal Guard are expert hand-to-hand fighters as well?'

Sir David looked dubious. 'They may well be. The Royal Guard of Darubis were intended to ensure that their King was immortal, that he could never die. And as far as we know, they never failed, whether they were facing enemy armies, or evil dragons. Their only weakness was magic, but the Kings of Danubs were the greatest mages in the known world. I wouldn't feel safe around him if he was buried upside-down in ice with a knife sticking out of his thoat. But there are precautions I can take: A modified version of that shield I used to protect against the flames, could be used to enclose him. Rathlan, whatever it is you're going to do, please start now.'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #44
Sir David crouched down, drawing on his remaining energies. Drained from the lack of sleep, the fire shield, the journey through the night, and now, most recently, the battle, Sir David had little energy to spare. Praying that it would be enough, Sir David watched through slanted eyes as a translucent white bubble took form around Kel-Aziz. He cringed as he felt his energy leaving him, then fell to the ground, gasping for air. TGO gave him a concerned look, then went back to watching the demon. Sir David removed his cloak, made a bed of pine needles, and lay down on it; without sleep, Sir David would be not only useless, but also an obstruction to the group. Seconds after his head touched the cloak, he was asleep. He began to dream...

... He was walking through a forest of giants; trees that could only have reached this size if they had stood from the beginning of time. Sir David was lost, wandering aimlessly. Suddenly, he saw a flash: a white hart had run in front of him, then dashed off ahead. Sir David immediately gave chase, and followed the hart through the trees, which were getting increasingly further and further apart. He saw a stone tower slowly growing in the distance, then a burst of flame filled his vision; dark red fire surrounding the tower, and a burst of white flame from the hart. Sir David rushed headlong into the white flame, and felt strengthened. Then he saw a huge beast fly from the top of the tower, surrounded in the red fire, and come plummeting towards them, carried on leathery wings. The beast struck the hart head-on, and boths kinds of flames mixed and then exploded; Sir David was knocked off his feet, and the hart lay on the ground, barely alive. Sir David drew his sword, refelecting the white flame surrounding it, and charged at the beast...

...and woke up, screaming wild battle cries, as the others crowded over him, worried. He looked past them at the rising sun, and realized that he must have spent most of the night in the forest of giants...

[ Friday, July 04, 2003 07:17: Message edited by: Sir David ]

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #45
OCC: Now those where good posts!! thanx for saving the plot Omlette and Sir David.

IC:
*Sir David calmly sat in front of Kel-Aziz, now unconcious body, while Rathlan took some bizzare artifacts and flasks out of his bag and Alex, Vynn and TGO were giving Oberisuku an intense healing treatment. Sir David was forntunate to be by Kel-Aziz for he was slowly awakening, he inmediatly reinforced the shield with a small prayer just in case, paladins are known for their caution and they never, ever underestimate any living or unliving being no matter its conditon. Renthar was surprised to see Kel-Aziz had overcome the effects of his poison augmented dart so quickly.

Side Note on Darubian Warrior Training:
Only a handfull of skilled Darubian Warriors's among the whole army were selected every year acording to Darubian tradition. They where put through many tests of mind, body and spirit. In the end the pair remaining were forced to battle against each other at the royal combat halls of the Darubian Silver Moon Tower, only after this procedure, the winner was allowed to be iniciated in the Royal Darubian Guard training. Among these training procedures they had to overcome many afflictive diseases and magical damage, among these was the common poison wich was given to these warriors in a small dose every new moon followed by a light cure poison spell cast on them, this ceremony, while not making them inmune to poison, made them highly resistant to it's efects.

K-A:Ughh....what a bad dream I had (standing up and sudenly bumping his head with the invisible barrier.)...what the? whats this, who are you people, get me out of here...now!!

Vynn: Do not lower the shield Sir David. We will not fall in his trap once again.

*Kel-Aziz smiled. They could still see the red glowing eyes shining though not as intensly as before, Alex potions, the battle against TGO and Rathlan's dart had weakened him and the power of the demon within.

K-A: You learn fast...(turning his back on them.)...but this shield will not hold me forever.

*Sir David was inmobile, intensly consentrated in the prayer. Kel-Aziz stared at Renthar carefully while he lifted his small lab.

K-A: You have surprised me little one, I did not see that dart comming. I underestimated your abilities, thats a lesson for me (he slightly bowed at gnome).
Renthar: (smiling) You have not yet seen the best of gnomish craftmanship warrior...

[ Friday, July 04, 2003 08:24: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3096
Profile #46
OOC: Okay, i will go slower this time IMAGE(Tower of Babil (2)_files/redface.gif)

IC

Vynn: *Approach Kel-Aziz* Evil is strong in you, Darubian.
K-A: Dont think you'll remove it.
Vynn: We'll see. Show me your face.
K-A: If you think this can help you.. *Remove his helmet*
Vynn: No... This cant be...
K-A: What? *Look at Vynn's face* Wait a minute...
Sir David: Uh? What going on there?
Vynn: It's a long story...
Long ago, me and Kel-Aziz participated at the Darubian ceremony, with only a goal in mind; becoming a Darubian Knight.

We quickly became friends over the months. K-A and i were the strongest of the bunch, passing all the tests very easily.

And then it happened; We were the two chosen to battle. A combat that only one could win. If i recall, K-A cried the whole night before the final test. And i'm sure he cried a lot more when we announced him i was abducted.

K-A: You're right. But i stopped when they told me i became a Darubian Knight automatically. But sadness was still there.
Sir David: You were abducted? Who did that to you?
Vynn: A group of mad Vahnatai. Let me tell you...

For about eight month, they did painful experiment on me, abusing of my shell and filling me with darkness. But when they tested a new experiment on me, i suddently broke free and destroyed everything in rage.

Vynn: *show them a blue crystal* Along the way, i stole what they call a "soul crystal*. Then i was alone.

For years, i wandered across the world, removing the evil they put in me. Then i joined the Absolution, and here i am now.

Sir David: *wipe a tear* Wonderful. I nev-
TGO: SIR DAVID! THE BARRIER!!

Absorbed in the story, Sir David completly forgot about Kel-Aziz. The barrier was down, and K-A launched himself on Vynn, Waveblades drawn. But halfway through, he stopped then fell down. The friendship had resurfaced, stronger than ever, and not even Sirius could break it.

Vynn: I understand you. The evil is still in you, but he wont break you. *Wipe a tear as the barrier is put back*

--------------------

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #47
Sir David, shaken by his almost-disasterous mistake and the story he had just heard, decided to close his body to the outside world, allowing his mind to acheive a higher level of concentration, thus making Kel-Aziz's attempts to escape futile. He left his eyes open, however, watching both the gnome and the possessed knight, hoping the little warrior would hurry up...

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #48
So now the party contains two super-invincible-warriors. Wonderful.

Rathlan hummed to himself. The tiny, adamantite blast furnace was chanelling the heat from the burning coke dust up to his crucible of lead. He poured a little more in, and picked up his insulated bottle. Taking the almost-boiled lead, he poured it into the bottle, and in another flask mixed chloric with cyanide. Heating them lightly, he then poured the acidic mix into the lead. Removing from his bag a specially shaped lid, he closed the bottle.

He rummaged in his bag some more, and took out what seemed to be a pumping device. Attaching it to the top of his flask, he pumped the air out of the flask, vapourising the lead instantly. Then he reversed the pump, filling the flask with so much air that the lead was forced into contact with the acids. The flask began to emit strange noises, and he smiled to himself, breaking out into a quiet laugh when Sir David gave him a frightened look.

After an hour or so, he removed the pump, and air hissed out. Opening the bottle, he peered in.

'Good, good. Now, quickly, pass me his helmet.'

'That's easier said than done: we'll have to raise the shield.'

'Can't you just raise the shield from his head? Then you can remove it, and I can coat it in gold.'

'We can certainly try...'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #49
IC
*Kel-Aziz was now in an internal battle with the demon inside him, he had recognized Vynn. He had remembered, and those memories were a strong force against the power of the demon.

Renthar: He must be kept in there, he must be still to place the helmet!!!

*Suddenly, for a moment, Kel-Aziz regained control of himself.

Kel-Aziz: I...I...remember you...you are Ki-Vyreni...or at least that was your name...yes...you did not fight me but someone from my house Kel-Azur...the...the skiny ones took you...I was away that year...fighting on distant lands, the young guards at the academy could do nothing to fend off the skiny ones magic. The Royal Guard and Darubian Kings were busy preparing the ceremony, they arrived too late...you were gifted, but too young to fight the skiny ones.

*The flames rapidly appeared again and in vain he punched the shield. Then he calmed down, the demon within was holding tight to his soul.

Kel-Aziz: Yes...you may have forgoten about us since you where tortured by the skinny ones but I remember clearly now, it was a sad year that one, for there was no new member in the Darubian Royal Guard. That year...Kel-Azur killed himself, he threw himself from the Darubian Moon Tower, he thought himself unworthy to obtain the Royal training and could no longer take the loss of a friend...I...I am sorry.

*The demon was still there but in a more subtle way. Now they could see his tone was slowly changing.

K-A:...no...I am not sorry...It was your fault!! had you defended yourself like a proper warrior, had you been cunning and alert enough to prevent your capture, we would have had a potencial Royal Guard, we where glad we didn't train such a coward...you...you allowed Kel-Azur to die, you...you let your FRIEND DIE!!!

*Vynn had received many wounds in his life and he knew how to handle them...but non as deep and sharp as this one. He was static, on the outside he showed no signs of being hurt, but deep inside he was consumed by guilt...

Vynn: NO! You lie, you lie!!...
Alex: Control yourself human, can't you see what he is doing, dont let the demon deceive you!!

*Vynn took out his wicked double wave blade and smashed the shield from the outside, Sir David did not see this move comming. It was too late...Sir David thought a Royal Guard could be lethal without weapons....he was right, as soon as the shield was shatered Kel-Aziz kiked the double waveblade out of Vynn's hand. What happened next was as quick as an untrained human with a hasting potion. Kel-Aziz quickly grabed Vynn by the neck with one hand and pushed on his back against the ground, with the other he took a dagger Vynn was carring on his belt. Vynn reached for something glowing in a small sack, Kel-Aziz quicky cut of Vynn's sack letting whatever was in that bag fall. With the knife against Vynn's neck Kel-Aziz talked...

K-A: Ah, so easy to fool. A quick lesson before you die...number five of the Darubian Guard Code if you still dont remember: "The tongue can be as sharp as any sword."

*The party could do nothing in a hostage situation like this.

Sir David: Let him go...
Alex: Fight us like a Royal Guard, not a thief.
K-A: You see...I cannot do that, because he is a traitor to the Danubian empire...and this,(pressing the dagger against Vynn's neck) is what we do to traitors...

*Sudenly he released Vynn, Kel-Aziz was choking, and choking badly, for there was a big blue muscled hand holding him by the neck.

TGO: Oberisuku, you have healed!!!
Oberisuku: Somebody do something, this guy is realy jumpy.
Renthar: Here take the golden helmet!!

*With his other wounded and scared hand Oberisuku placed the helmet on Kel-Aziz head like if he was a doll. Then he let him fall to the ground.

Sir David: Phew! that was a close one.
TGO: Good move Oberisuku!!

[ Friday, July 04, 2003 13:55: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------

Pages