Call for Windows Beta testers

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Call for Windows Beta testers
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #0
See here to apply if you want to be a Windows beta tester for Nethergate: Resurrection. Jeff wants XP users, but prefers Vista.

This offer won't last long.

Looks like another month to release.

Oh, Jeff takes a few days to reply to applications and a few more after you send in the non-disclosure agreement. So hearing nothing doesn't mean that you were rejected.

[ Monday, July 09, 2007 21:34: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Warrior
Member # 7745
Profile #1
I've got Mid-range computer on XP and a low-range computer on 2K, unfortunately I use hotmail so i can't fill the form in. Maybe, I'll try and find my gmail account.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #2
Call answered.

I'd say that my chances of being picked are pretty slim though, seeing as I have no real beta testing experience. Probably the only thing I have going for me is my OS: 64 bit Vista.
BANNED
Member # 4074
Profile #3
Didn't realize the final app was gonna scrunch every thing I typed together. Ended up looking like a mess.

Oh wells.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #4
Well, I'm giving it a go, though knowing my luck I won't get it. Pity too, as now my exams are over I have nothing else to be doing with my time.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #5
Probably too late, I've signed up too.

I'm a Vista user as well.

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Apprentice
Member # 373
Profile Homepage #6
Les see what happens, I should get first dibs, cause I joined this site when I was 12, 9 years ago.

--------------------
Visit my site for all your exile 3 needs...

Woot my Number is 373, how many poeple can say that!!

www.maxpages.com/exile3
Apprentice
Member # 373
Profile Homepage #7
Anyone get it?

--------------------
Visit my site for all your exile 3 needs...

Woot my Number is 373, how many poeple can say that!!

www.maxpages.com/exile3
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #8
one more month? what?
It's been ages since this game for Mac was released... It's inevitable to think that because it takes the company so long to make the Windows version, THAT is the one that should have been released first.

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Marcelo:

one more month? what?
It's been ages since this game for Mac was released... It's inevitable to think that because it takes the company so long to make the Windows version, THAT is the one that should have been released first.

1. Jeff codes on a Mac. He has always done this. He always will. Therefore, the Mac version will always come out first.
2. The game was announce 1.5 years before it was released. I'm pretty sure that means the Mac version took longer. :P
3. Spiderweb is comprised of 3 people. You can't expect them to port a game in a week. Heck, not even big companies do that.

[ Saturday, July 21, 2007 20:30: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #10
314c314
< #define OPERATING_SYSTEM "Mac OS"
---
> #define OPERATING_SYSTEM "Windows"
C'mon, Jeff, it's that simple! A month is total overkill!

--------------------
Toilet out of order. Please use floor below.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #11
quote:
Anyone get it?
*raises hand*
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

quote:
Originally written by Marcelo:

one more month? what?

1. Jeff codes on a Mac. He has always done this. He always will. Therefore, the Mac version will always come out first.
2. The game was announce 1.5 years before it was released. I'm pretty sure that means the Mac version took longer. :P
3. Spiderweb is comprised of 3 people. You can't expect them to port a game in a week. Heck, not even big companies do that.

1. Sure, I know he loves mac (but I don't). :D
2. Err... I might not be good at maths, but add that "1.5 years" to what Windows users have to wait + the time after the mac version came out.
3. Yeah, but I insist, if it soo difficult for these 3 people to get the Win version then... er.. I would start earlier.
Anyways, I'm just an impatient. :D

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #13
Jeff starts on the Windows version earlier, but he waits for users to send in comments and bugs that Mac beta testers miss so he can adjust the Windows version. Also it takes almost a month for the Windows beta testers to completely test the game more than once.

Geneforge 4 is a good example in that some creations do different damage in the Mac and Windows versions.
Apprentice
Member # 1479
Profile #14
You could always give the original Nethergate demo a try!
BANNED
Member # 6289
Profile #15
Well I got an emailed NDA a lil less than a week ago so i'm guessing if ya got that then the beta will be out fairly soon.

Or ya can just wait. It's been 10 years for some of us ;) ...a couple weeks won't hurt too much.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by avernum1:

Well I got an emailed NDA a lil less than a week ago so i'm guessing if ya got that then the beta will be out fairly soon.

Or ya can just wait. It's been 10 years for some of us ;) ...a couple weeks won't hurt too much.

Nethergate hasn't quite been out for 9 years yet. :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
BANNED
Member # 6289
Profile #17
you sure? i could have sworn playing it when I was 11-12 and im 23 now...
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #18
23? Really? I would never have guessed.

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.