Favorite Charecter?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Favorite Charecter?
Apprentice
Member # 6787
Profile #0
As alot of you know, one of the greatest things about Nethergate is the superb charecterization. The wide variety of charecter traits and personalities makes this game unique, and those little sprites so loveable. Please, if you wish, post your favorite charecter and where they are. Yes, you can pick sylak's talking skull :P

I would pick the raven at the top of the raven home. He is so cool... just talking to him makes you look up and say "Screw god. This guy is way more powerful and wise!"

--------------------
"I come for the chugga... but I stay for the wiggy wugga."-Cheerleader
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Pearlblossom. I spent most of the game trying to figure out what she was there for, and it turned out to be ambience.

—Alorael, who also very much likes the wish fish.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #2
Nothing beats Sylak's Talking Skull. It always had amusing quotes, although they did get old rather quickly especially the "Hi! I'm a talking skull!", and he told you where all the Nether Arts spells could be found, which was quite handy. I'm with Alorael too. Pearlblossom was a nice addition. I always presumed that Jeff was going to include her in a quest and just forgot about her, sort of like the puzzle box. The young man in Shadow Valley Fort who's family was killed by Nero was a good addition as well, in my opinion. It helped to add depth and helped to ground it in the time period.

Edit: I'm sorry to be such a nit-picker, but I've been seeing it spelled incorrectly quite frequently on these boards and it's really starting to irk me. "Character" has 2 A's and 1 E. Please try to remember this.

[ Sunday, February 12, 2006 19:58: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Charectar?

—Alorael, who couldn't resist. Not even to avoid a one word post. With some fragments.
Apprentice
Member # 6787
Profile #4
I'm sorry... my spelling can be terrible sometimes.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
Tyranicus, you're no fun.

—Alorael, whose previous post made much more sense in the context of the pre-edited preceding post.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #6
Alorael, I only fixed a typo. Your post makes just as much sense as it did before.

Kaemin, don't worry about it. I'm just a little anal sometime when it comes to spelling, especially when it's something that a lot of people seem to do.

[ Wednesday, February 15, 2006 16:44: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
Oh. I somehow misread your edited post and thought things were clarified.

This conversation has swerved into unhelpful.

—Alorael, who is a fan of the hunter who asks you to kill a wolf for him and who then dies before you can return.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #8
It would help if more people posted here. This forum is pretty dead as far as forums go. It's not as bad as the SubTerra forum, but Nethergate is significantly under-posted, which is a shame considering it's the best and most original game Jeff ever made.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #9
I like the dragon - what's his name - Reptrakos or some such. And Gobbo; what a great guy.

I too find it sad that no one posts here anymore but, alas, by now everything there is to say about Nethergate has been said.

I also find it ironic that Tyranicus corrects Kaemin's spelling, but himself confuses your and you're. What's that they say about people in glass houses?

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #10
I can't believe I did that. :eek:
Oddly enough, that's one of my pet peeves, and here I am doing the same thing. Now I feel very embarassed.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #11
Goboo was the best charctor, aside from Hiawatha. The 6th char persons kick ass, there is no doubt.

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.
Apprentice
Member # 6787
Profile #12
Yes. Just yes. Nethergate is the best. I mean, the CD came with the exile demo's. That's just awesome. Do the other CD's come with demo's? Im too cheap to find out myself.

PS: We should all just break out our copies of Nethergate and replay it. Only if it's for the period where Jeff is busy on his next game (after the window's version of Avernum 4). It might revitalize this part of the forum a bit.

PSS: My spelling sucks. Get over it.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
I think you mean Hathwisa, not Hiawatha.

—Alorael, who now thinks that the frequently requested Nethergate 2 should focus on the New World. The Iroquois Confederacy and the English (or the various colonial powers) have just the right Celtic-Roman interaction, and there's a whole new mythology to explore. (Bloody sacrifices, stone dances, and sidhe are sadly missing, but historical accuracy shouldn't stand in the way of a game!)
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #14
Aztecs vs. Spanish conquistadors?

Dikiyoba.
Apprentice
Member # 6787
Profile #15
Chinese VS Mongols maybe? Or Roma- wait, that was the first one. Umm.... all of the sidhe should magically poof into existence when the other place is corrupted. They would poof right into WWII. Sylak's Talking Gernade anyone?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #16
At least that would give you the option to kill yourself to end the madness of the talking grenade.

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Warrior
Member # 5389
Profile #17
They're all neat. I don't wanna choose. But I kinda like the sidhe woman whose name I forget in the Abandoned Hall at the beginning (and those already mentioned). Jeff got the arrogance factor just right with her.

--------------------
Reports of my demise are extremely accurate. And I AM the clone
Apprentice
Member # 6787
Profile #18
Yeah... the arrogance facter is indeed important.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #19
I liked the Talking Skull too. It makes you wonder who it was that did the skull's voice?

—Robin, who wonders how just many posts Alorael makes on average per day.

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #20
If you want a recent average, look in Aran's statistics. If you want an overall average, it's not all that hard to divide my total posts by the time I've been here. As it so happens, both are very close to 7 posts per day.

—Alorael, who should encourage Aran to rank lifetime average posts per day with his other stats. Then there would be less need for short-term spamming and more calculated increases in lifetime spamishness.
Warrior
Member # 6689
Profile #21
The Skull, naturally. Also in A3 my prized posession is the Xian Skull. Wish I could rename them though.

--------------------
--Dachnaz
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Jame2:

They're all neat. I don't wanna choose. But I kinda like the sidhe woman whose name I forget in the Abandoned Hall at the beginning (and those already mentioned). Jeff got the arrogance factor just right with her.
That would be Dolojan (pronounce Dolohan) I normally wouldn't say how to pronounce it but I seem to remember her introducing herself as Dolojan (pronounced Dolohan)

--------------------
Spiderweb Chat Room
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #23
Speaking of pronunciations, did Jeff bother to point out the pronunciation of sidhe anywhere obvious in the beginning? That's something worth learning for your Celtic mythology.

—Alorael, who would be blue, nekkid, and violent if his language had wholly counterintuitive spellings too. And he speaks English. Hm.
Apprentice
Member # 6787
Profile #24
I've alwaysed pronounced sidhe is "shide". As long as you don't pronounce it "shidey" in public, I think it doesn't matter.

--------------------

Pages