hey there will be nethergate2?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: hey there will be nethergate2?
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #0
well i never played nethergate very much, i usually play avernum and geneforge but just for damn curiosity, there will be nethergate 2 or their fans will just have 1 game for worship?

hey im close to be a journeyman, horray for me!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
Only a single game for you to worship, sorry.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 6558
Profile #2
Nethergate was really unique and I loved how you could play both sides of the story and each side had its advantages and disadvantages.

And how people would act differently to you depending on which side you were on.

Too bad there won't be a Nethergate 2.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #3
It seems to me that this has been discusseed a few times before. There really isn't a way to make a Nethergate 2. I mean, the story was pretty much final. A new game done in the style of Nehtergate would be interesting though.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #4
Maybe there would be a story about the celts and faeries, where you are either a celt or faerie party yourself.

quote:
Originally written by chicho:

You are going to be a Adept with about 27 more posts. You were a Journeyman before you got a Citzen of Exile, I´m now a Journeyman too. :cool:

--------------------
You know, why the Sliths are green - because of their scales.

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #5
a nethergate 2???? i cant even comprehend the first one style isnt to my liking all that much

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
I disagree without any humility whatsoever. Nethergate has Spiderweb's best plot, uses height very well, has a nice spell system and a very entertaining skill system, and has naked people painted blue and howling battle cries.

And there are faeries. With swords. And wands!

—Alorael, who simply can't understand not liking Nethergate unless you don't like Avernum either.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #7
i havent really gotten into avernum or nethergate ,i just prefer exile and geneforge

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by The Forgotten:

i havent really gotten into avernum or nethergate ,i just prefer exile and geneforge
I'm the exact opposite. I'll take Nethergate and Avernum over Geneforge or Exile any time.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
Me too. Something about the Nethergate/Avernum engine just gets me. Height, I think, among other things.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
I, too, feel elevated when playing Nethergate or Avernum. Pun intended. :)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

There really isn't a way to make a Nethergate 2. I mean, the story was pretty much final.
Nothing is final. Take this possible starting point for a 'Nethergate 2':
Vibius got killed by the four Celts.The four Celts got pulled down by the remaining Roman soldiers.Sylak got carved into itty bitty pieces by the four Romans.The hundreds of sidhe coming to use the gate are enraged and kill the Roman soldiers.The Celts plus their sidhe friends end up preparing to take the fight to the Romans.Assuming that Rome ever learns of what happened: Rome and its legions are many miles away - it would take time for them to show up and wipe the sidhe out. This would explain why the sidhe could mount a guerilla warfare campaign.
Assuming that Rome never learns of what happened: The sidhe would be understandably ticked off, and out for the Roman's blood. Again, guerilla warfare.

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #12
Personally, I thought the ending made it pretty clear that all the sidhe were sent through the gate.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #13
Meh. You can always mangle a game with multiple endings if you so desire. As long as you make it plausible.

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Slith Lord:

quote:
Originally written by chicho:

You are going to be a Adept with about 27 more posts. You were a Journeyman before you got a Citzen of Exile, I´m now a Journeyman too. :cool:

You obviously didn't notice that the post was made in September.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by CPeters:

Meh. You can always mangle a game with multiple endings if you so desire. As long as you make it plausible.
Nethergate only has one ending, and it happens to be a very good ending. Anything trying to build on it would lessen the impact of the original.

Besides, there's the pesky problem of real history. Adding Shadowvale is one thing. Getting the entire might of the Roman Empire involved in a war with faeries is another.

—Alorael, who wonders whether any sidhe ended up in the vicinity of Avernum. Maybe tall, slender, gray-skinned, bug-eyed sidhe.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
Actually, there's a good and bad ending for the Romans. (Try finishing the game without destroying the wands.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6485
Profile #17
What is it

and personaly i like Nethrogate better then Avernum because the enemies are tougher and because they keep the yellow goblin graphics :D

--------------------
I love Spiderweb Software!!
Who doesn't?
My hints on making a new party.
USE CHARECTER EDITER!!
----------------------------------
10 million Cave giant chiefs +
1 million drake lords ageinst me =

easy
Apprentice
Member # 6086
Profile #18
For the two parallel plots and the shameless inclusion of GIFTS, I love Nethergate. Generally, I'll take Avernum over Exile, although I much prefer Exile 3 over Avernum 3 (for the latter lacks 'scry monster', easily my favourite spell). Geneforge, though it is still wonderful, must be placed at the bottom due to the lack of Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders.

Anyways...

I agree that another Nethergate would be wonderful, but also feel that a Nethergate 2 would reduce the impact of the original. Why not a 'Nethergate 0', though? A prequel! (And then Nethergate -1, of course ;) )
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #19
Seeing how badly Geneforge 3 cheapened its predecessors by rehashing everything, I think a Nethergate 2 would be a disaster.

I read the other thread about improving Nethergate to run in OS X and so on, and hope that's the extent of Jeff's future Nethergaterian ambitions.
Warrior
Member # 6629
Profile Homepage #20
I started off with Nethergate and slowly chewed my way up through the games. My favourite would be the Avernum series, because of GIFTS. I don't like Exile though, and I don't know why...

Probably due to the fact it crashes my computer every time I start it.

--------------------
"When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #21
Maybe ´cause it´s only 2D? ;)

--------------------

Maybe you know why some slith eyes were once red - ´cause the demons, which led them were red.

But why are the eyes of the Slith Lord Followers red? Because they see the remains of their enemies always before the battle begins!
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Inthrall:

I started off with Nethergate and slowly chewed my way up through the games. My favourite would be the Avernum series, because of GIFTS. I don't like Exile though, and I don't know why...

Probably due to the fact it crashes my computer every time I start it.

I feel the same way. After I played Avernum, I never went back to Exile. :P

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Warrior
Member # 6501
Profile Homepage #23
I play BoA and design in BoE! :P

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #24
I never liked Nethergate. It always thought of it as much more difficult than the Avernum Series, and I didn't have the patience to play through as the romans, only as the Celts.

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"

Pages