Exile; A movie?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Exile; A movie?
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #25
I'm sure Demi Moore wouldn't take the role - unless we can work gratuitous nudity in somewhere. :D
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #26
Please. Have you seen the robes on that Erika graphic? I'd say that almost counts as gratuitous nudity!

That would be an interesting scene, though. As the six brave adventurers step into the immense entrance hall of Erika's citadel, she appears before them in a mystical flash of light...completely naked...

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #27
No, the nudity could be worked in more subtlely, if no more tastefully, by having random clothes destruction during the fight between Erika and Rentar-Ihrno. You know, sooner or later those fireballs and magical blasts have to take a toll on one's apparel.

—Alorael, who also supposes the movie could add a steamy romance between, say, Erika and Solberg. No, it doesn't make sense. It's gratuitous!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #28
Actually, it's Erika and "X", IIRC. Haven't you played Erika's Legacy?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #29
You mean someone actually had the patience to beat that thing?!!?

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Apprentice
Member # 1436
Profile #30
I wish I had the pashion for BoE and the rest of the Exile series like I used to have when I was a wee-er lad. I have no original ideas for the Movie, heh.

BUT, it COULD work out like a J.R.R Tolkien thing...first movie, Fellowship of the Rings. Second movie, the Two Towers.

First movie, conclusion to Escape from the Pit. Second movie, Chapter 1 of Crystal Souls.

Get my logic here?

--------------------
-Dustin
Territorial Leech and Kamikaze of Self Values
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #31
Arnold would be good 4 the dervish in Silvar.

--------------------
I am a silly, silly fool.
Warrior
Member # 341
Profile #32
No no no, Adam Sandler is Erika.

Furthermore, there must be a new dwarf in the film purely for comedy purposes and cheap height jokes.

Finally Captain Johnson, the most right wing fascist ever to grace the caverns of Exile, must be played by the Daily Mail.

--------------------
"This stolen joke proves I have a sense of humour!"
"This tired old proverb proves I am profound"
"This hyperlink to someone who doesn't know me proves I am popular!"

Nothing like a bandwagon.

Except maybe irony.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #33
The best casting would definitely be the Collect Lady as a naga (only because there aren't any medusas to be played). Think of the horror - the adventurers plummet through the floor in the giant caverns and find themsleves surrounded by the most terrifying visages ever to exist on Ermarion (sp?).

Steven Segall should play the Mad Monks. That way he could to any sorts of crazy, stupid stunts and they would fit right in. Also, he would continue the trend of being almost utterly invincible (Executive Descision is the only movie where Segall actually dies).

And yes, DeCaprio would make a perfect Chevyn.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #34
Thanks for reminding me of Erika's Legacy (boos off...). I guess I'm in favour of the gratuitous nudity now.
Shock Trooper
Member # 2638
Profile #35
Yall are going in the completely wrong direction for a movie. Carmen Electra should play Erika, Pamela Lee should be Prazac, David Hasselhoff should be Anaximander. The Heroes should be played by various blondes in tight red, skimpy outfits. The movie should be called ExileWatch. Great cast for the perfect movie.
Warrior
Member # 341
Profile #36
Just a second, I recognise those names....

CRIMEWATCH

[ Sunday, March 02, 2003 11:52: Message edited by: wychwenthal ]

--------------------

Except maybe irony.
Apprentice
Member # 1346
Profile #37
who will play the muscular sweaty horsy guy at lorelei ? You know, the one who was always talking about his fine sweaty stamping beasts.... seemed a bit too keen ....
Apprentice
Member # 1254
Profile Homepage #38
Are you sure it wasn't in, Gidrik or something, more to the east and a smaller town anyway :confused:

Kai Lehtinen(Finnish). I couldn't come up with an international one but don't get racist now :mad:

--------------------
Don't take me serious, you see, I'm just delirious!!
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #39
Nobody's being racist, Mariner. Don't accuse us before we've even said anything.

Now I'm picturing the Erika/Rentar fight as being like that horrible, horrible Budweiser commercial, where the women get into a "Tastes great" vs. "Less filling" argument and end up ripping each other's clothes off and mud-wrestling in front of a crowd of drooling guys. Men are so tasteless--but of course, the movie would have to be directed by a man, because good female directors just don't seem to exist, and so Erika and Rentar probably would end up mud-wrestling in their undies. Gag.

Am I being cynical? Sorry.

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Warrior
Member # 341
Profile #40
Ah, male bashing. So sexist. So tired. And, of course, the last refuge of the terminally dumped.

"Nobody's being racist, Mariner. Don't accuse us before we've even said anything"

Mmmm. The sweet sweet taste of holier-than-thou hypocracy.

--------------------

Except maybe irony.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #41
Ooh, well I never! :P
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #42
Guys are destroying the earth!

But women are doing a nice job helping.

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Shock Trooper
Member # 1278
Profile #43
President Bush needs a role in the greatest movie ever, right? Didn't think so either. John Stewart would make a good Triad Mage or something along those lines, and the Michael Jackson thing is good, just keep him away from the gremlin actors.

--------------------
"The son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi."
-The Emperor, Star Wars
Apprentice
Member # 1254
Profile Homepage #44
I didn't accuse anybody. You just get a little precarious sometimes, except the unexpected..

and read my sig :P

[ Tuesday, March 04, 2003 19:29: Message edited by: Ancient Mariner ]

--------------------
Don't take me serious, you see, I'm just delirious!!
Lifecrafter
Member # 375
Profile #45
quote:
Originally posted by Kogar Spinemasher:
... and the Michael Jackson thing is good, just keep him away from the gremlin actors.
Simple: don’t hire any kids.

--------------------
"I liked white better."
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #46
If someone actuallyput Bush in the movie, it would have to be Hawthorne. After all both are idiots that have gotten or will get themselves killed.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #47
Ha, ha! Yes, the ideal role - though a bit of wishful thinking there too, Lone Flame.
Apprentice
Member # 2747
Profile #48
Ah, President Bush. No, not Hawthorne. One of the gremlins in Escape from the Pit in Erica's Tower is more like it. Stupid enough. And the purpose of his existance seems similar too...
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #49
Good point.

Death to the Gremlin!

*LF laughs evily, until the CIA and FBI shoot him a few times.

--------------------

Pages