Exile; A movie?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Exile; A movie?
Apprentice
Member # 1436
Profile #0
Hey, it's just a thought. Do you think it would be a hit? A good or bad idea? Who would play characters?

Come on, reply. I'm curious.

--------------------
-Dustin
Territorial Leech and Kamikaze of Self Values
Apprentice
Member # 1346
Profile #1
Whereas I on the other hand, would go for Exile TV series.

Season 1.

Exile - The DemonSlayers.

Season 2.

Exile - The New Alliance.

Season 3

Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #2
To fit an approx. 100 minute format, you'd have to brutally edit it, maybe one E3 plague and exploring the three way nuances between Erika, Prazc and Rentar. Contrast the average length of a movie + information-richness (not!)with how long Exile takes to play through. + Jeff would like the royalties, I'm sure.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
As I've said in all the previous discussions of Exile movies, the Exile plot just doens't lend itself to a non-game format. The characters in your party have no personality, and any created characters would disappoint people whose characters are different. Then there's the way the plot is general and most of your time is spend hacking and puzzling through dungeons or searching for newer, better equipment. This doesn't make for a good movie. The real beauty of the Exile games is the background details Jeff put in about his world, but most of those would be lost in a movie.

—Alorael, who thinks any Exile-based movie would be so different from the games that the die-hard Exile fans (denizens of these boards) would be up in arms over the changes.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
Calista Flockhart would obviously play rentar ...

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #5
I'm still holding out for Alan Rickman as Solberg. Maybe Leonardo DiCaprio could play a bandit, or a goblin...just some character who dies a brutal death and doesn't get much stage time.

In one of the other topics discussing the movie idea, someone suggested Demi Moore as Erika. I thought that wasn't a bad idea, actually. Not knowing all that many decent actors/actresses, though, I can't suggest anyone else. Although Viggo Mortensen, as we all know, works quite well as the scruffy adventuring type...

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #6
Franka Potente of Run, Lola, Run could play Erika, Gwyneth Paltrow or Nicole Kidman Prazac, Judi Dench Linda. Solberg? Anthony Hopkins. Alan Rickman is more like Anaximander in my opinion. Besides, he deserves lots of screen time.

As for Leo, along with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt they could be GIFTS. Can't you see it? All pointy faces and shaggy hair and scrawny body. Perfect.

--------------------
Aces off.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
I think Anthony Hopkin would be better suited for Hawthorne or Garzahd. Al Pacino would make a good Garzahd too.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #8
Leonardo diCaprio should definitely play someone that doesn't involve acting. 'Gangs of New York': can'tActio v. ham-actio!
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #9
But Anaximander is supposed to be small and ratty. Sounds like Tom Cruise to me!

I'm not sure, but I thought the description of Prazac said she was supposed to be tiny, so I doubt Nicole Kidman would work. I'm not sure who I picture as Prazac...just someone small and blond.

And I still say Viggo should be...well, if not Jenneke, because everyone still seems to think that Jenneke is female, then perhaps Michael or Feodoric. I can see Viggo Mortensen as a scruffy priest.

Who would play Chevyn?

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
Leonardo DiCaprio would make an excellent Chevyn. It's a role so bad that no amount of botching can ruin it.

Jenneke could be played by Michael Jackson. It's a different kind of scary ambiguity, but nobody else could take the role without equal plastic surgery and makeup.

—Alorael, who isn't familiar with enough actors to cast many roles. However, it's obvious that at least one vahnatai has to be Drakefyre, and Alec would probably make a good vahnatai as well.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #11
*pictures Jenneke moonwalking and giggles*

Alec can be Tekora-Tel. Just because.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #12
Ooooh! OOOH! Can I be Claw in that sailor's hostel in Delan? PLEASE?

--------------------
Aces off.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #13
And I could be the wandering monk! You know, the woman who wanders around from town to town looking for the teacher guy, and won't tell anyone her name? I always thought she was cool.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #14
I'd be SsssTsss(SP?) Slith King, later killed by humans. Yeah I know it's pathetic, but a fun role none the less.

Ben Affleck can play Hawthorn. Cause Affleck's evil. That and he sucks at being a super hero.

Ben's buddy Matt can be the king of exile. I can't remember the king's name, but you know what I'm talking about.

[ Sunday, February 23, 2003 19:58: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #15
Thinking on it, Can'tActio looks a bit like a goblin - those skinny limbs + big head. No pointy ears tho'.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #16
I was thinking of Tommy Lee Jones for Solberg or X. And Benicio Del Toro could play Anaximander.

--------------------
====
====
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #17
quote:
Originally posted by Little Miss Agoraphobia:
I'm not sure, but I thought the description of Prazac said she was supposed to be tiny, so I doubt Nicole Kidman would work. I'm not sure who I picture as Prazac...just someone small and blond.
How'bout Reese Witherspoon? I'm not sure if she fits the height description, though.
Ian McKellen and Christopher Lee for the two Triad people, too! Do you think they'll agree to be magicians again? Or Ian McKellen for Ernest or another character with a Wizard graphic.

EDIT: Yay, I'm a Veteran! :D

[ Tuesday, February 25, 2003 12:10: Message edited by: Undine ]

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #18
To keep the Exile style, it would be fitting to have one character per monster graphic except in cases when that doesn't work, like in a scene with dozens of goblins or townsfolk milling about in droves. Still, one guy playing all the triad mages (male and female) and identical blacksmiths would definitely be fitting.

—Alorael, who supposes this means the actors for these "generic" roles would have to be as average and nondescript as possible. Maybe an entire cast of people who are virtually unknown would do the job well.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #19
at the very least it would save money on actors.

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #20
Kinda like they did in "Wuthering Heights," where they had Juliette Binoche play all the Cathys. (It seems like there are more Cathys than there really are...all the Earnshaws, and the Lintons, and the Heathcliffs, and the Linton Heathcliffs, and the Heathcliff Earnshaws, and the Heathcliff Heathcliffs, and the multitude of Catherines...it really does seem like there are more than two [three?] of them.)

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 43
Profile #21
The subject was brought up before, and I still have to stand by my original opinion:

The obvious casting choice for Erika Redmark would be Anjelica Huston.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #22
No way! Demi Moore was born to play Erika!

Well, maybe not. But I still say she's the best choice.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 1360
Profile #23
I suppose Adam Sandler would make a good GIFTS. He'd just be the only GIFTS making bathroom jokes, though.
Apprentice
Member # 1254
Profile Homepage #24
Maybe Sean Connery for Solberg... Elijah Wood as a gremlin? Anaximander is Richard Gere :D Arnold Schwarzenegger as Sss-Thssss... why can't I think of other actors than the old guys, oh well

--------------------
Don't take me serious, you see, I'm just delirious!!

Pages