souls to take

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: souls to take
Apprentice
Member # 1390
Profile #0
so what are some good monsters to use capture soul on? i was usually too lazy to figure out some good ones.

--------------------
Time enjoyed wasting is not wasted time - Bertrand Russel
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #1
Empire Devrish, Vahnati Warrior and Demon are always good for me. I also have caught a Mage, Apprentice Mage, Empire Archer, Champion, Blademaster and also a couple of Imps. I tried to get a Doomguard, but it won't work.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Lifecrafter
Member # 54
Profile #2
For Exile 3, I captured the souls of an Order Mage and a Slith Archmage. A Quickghast may be good to have in some situations; a Crystal Soul may also be useful. It's a bad idea to capture a Doomguard, as any copies of the monster you summon will attack you.

(697)
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
Remember one very important thing though: If you're skill is not high enough, you're just wasting you SP. I had this many times. Evey time I wanted to catch a demon, it resisted.

I caught an eyebeast, and tried to catch a soldier in Delis, but he resisted. I also caught a shambler, and something else, which I can't remember.

Is it possible to have more than four creatures stored? You can only have four I think.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Yes, you're limited to four. The order in which the creature slots are filled is random, so if a newly-captured monster overwrites one you already had in there and wanted to keep, reload a saved game and try again.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #5
Vahnatai lords are a good choice. You'll have to probably use the editor to reload your magicka. I once got an Order Mage, theyre okay.(I thought they were supposed to be immune to magic =\)

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
Contrary to popular belief, being immune to magic doesn't make a monster immune to Capture Soul.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #7
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Basilisk and Ur-Basilisk yet. They are always useful. But then again sometimes Major Summoning will pick up 4 or 5 of them.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Apprentice
Member # 2633
Profile #8
Empire archers are a huge plus. For the fact that they NEVER miss, and aren't random. When you summon them, you know what they'll do and they'll do it well.

And can you acually capture a Crystal Soul? I've tried before but always resisted, every single time. I figured they were immune to it.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #9
I had an Order Mage and Empire Dervish. I toted around Drakes for a while before that. They make good initial targets, as well as Demons.

Has anyone gotten a Haakai? Or Mung Demon? I'm not picky.

--------------------
"What can you do with an anthropology degree other than study people?"

"...Hunt people?"
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Figgy:

Empire archers are a huge plus. For the fact that they NEVER miss, and aren't random.
They seem to miss my PC every time... :P

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
真実長ガス
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #11
Mine are always under Mass Sanctuary when I fight Empire Archers and Guards so they never hit. Mhuhahahahaha!

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #12
My characters can mostly without the sanctuary. In exile games, I defeat them with or without it! They keep missing me.
Mhuhahahahaha!

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 2633
Profile #13
Empire archers don't simply have godly accuracy, they just cannot miss regular shots. Stuff like sancuary is a different story though :) It's like how magic never misses, unless you have something like an anti-magic field around you. Empire Archers never miss the ENEMY, though :)
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by [b:
Figgy[/b]]
Empire archers are a huge plus. For the fact that they NEVER miss, and aren't random. When you summon them, you know what they'll do and they'll do it well.

And can you acually capture a Crystal Soul? I've tried before but always resisted, every single time. I figured they were immune to it.
Yeah, you can capture a crystal soul. They aren't that good though. And it looks weird because when it's summoned it shows up with the vahnatai flooring. (the green one)

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #15
I mostly go for a blademaster, a champion, a vampire and then something random but good.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #16
In Exile 3, I got a Vahnatai Lord, Ur-Basilisk, Vahnatai Master, and Crystal Soul.

In BoE, I only capture Basilisks/Ur-Basilisks, but I'm not going to discuss that here.

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

My Movies

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #17
I can't ever capture any Vahnatai higher than a Vahnatai Warrior. How can I get the higher ranking ones?

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5974
Profile #18
I intended to capture a dragon, but apparently it was too big. Also, I wanted to capture the Mind Crystal, but it resisted my Level 50 character!! (I figured anything that big of a pain in the neck had to be good) Also, I haven't tried it, but I want to capture Rentar-Ihrono. After all, what would pulverize enemies better than an army of insanely powerful, completely invulnerable creatures?

--------------------
Dragons rule!
Apprentice
Member # 1903
Profile #19
I don't think its possible to caputire Rhentar-Ihrno, or any of the major characters like Erica. There resistance is probably maxed out, and I dont think a level 99 character could capture them.
My Exile 3 list consists of
Rahkshasha, Pack Leader, Vahnatai Lord, and Vahnatai Keeper.

The Vahnatai lord is nice because it can use its own soul crystal to summon things like basilisks, and the pack leader is good because it hits like 6 times dealing a massive amount of damage. The rahkshasa is nice because i beleive its immune to magic, and the keeper is just something i havent really replaced. I think i used to use him as an archer since i think hes the disk thrower, not sure...

--------------------
Behind my stare, the secrets lie. Behind my smile, I softly Cry.

"Wait...so your telling me that Crystal Key wasnt the key to the Catnip Cabinet?"---Cheeseball
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #20
In my soul crystal I like to have

• shamblers (quite hard to kill, so they are good for shoring up numbers);
  • eye beasts (to drain enemy spell points); and
  • basilisks (for obvious reasons - sometimes you want to be _certain_ to get a basilisk, so major summoning is no use).
However, summoning anything overtly magical in E[1,2,3] is really fairly pointless, as their firestorm, etc spells are just as likely to kill you as your opponents. Yet, woe betide you if you should dare to harm any of your summoned creatures with an area effect spell. I once made that mistake casting shockwave with Erika in the room. Once.

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
BANNED
Member # 6074
Profile #21
In E2 I captured: Mortrax
Vahnatai Lord
And that Leach creature

--------------------
---------------------------------
Live long and prosper.
Viva mucho tiempo y prospere.
Habiter long et prospérer.
Leben Sie lang und prosperieren Sie.
Lever lang og prosper.
Longos vivos e prosper.
Lunghi in tensione e prosperano.
???????????
?????????
???? ? ????.
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #22
To get a Vahnatai Lord, get a good amount of spell points so you can try more than once per session. Just keep reloading the game until you get the Vahnatai Lord.

Don't get basilisks in your Soul Crystal. Get Ur-Basilisks. They're much better. They may resist, but just do the same as the Vahnatai Lord.

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

My Movies

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #23
The trouble with Ur-Basilisks is that it costs more than twice as many SP to Simulacrum them. In general, I'd rather summon two Basilisks than one Ur-Basilisk, and the former would cost me less SP.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6247
Profile #24
kinda surprising that only 1 person mentioned pack leaders. Anyway:

1: Pack Leader
2: Basilisk or Ur-Basilisk
3: Empire Archer
4: Any high power caster. (Vahnatai Lord, Order Mage, things of that sort.)

Edit: replaced Empire Dervish with Empire Archer. Who needs a dervish when you got Pack Leaders? Sulfras would have kicked the crap out of me if I didn't have those. :P

[ Saturday, September 03, 2005 07:21: Message edited by: Locke ]

Pages