A Fun Little Project of Mine

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A Fun Little Project of Mine
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #0
Idea:
I want to make something else in Flash, using Geneforge graphics and in the same world as the other Geneforge stories. A lot more in-depth, though, than WtA. Not necessarily canon, and definitely not a part of the main storyline of Geneforge. In fact, I haven't considered a plot yet at all. I'm open to ideas. Furthermore, it deviates entirely from the play style of other Spiderweb games. It's an isometric action game. You'll play a Shaper, primarily, running around, shooting fire, and trying to keep from being eaten.
-
Progress:February 9: I picked apart some of the Shaper graphics I need to make a player character, and gave him the gift of walking around at the whim of the arrow keys. For now, I'm just trying to get a play engine down.
[*]February 17: Retrieved graphics for spell casting. Playable version available soon.
[*]February 25: v.0.1. Goodness gracious, great balls of fire. Gave player ability to shoot fireballs. Also randomized tile choice.
Play it here.Minigame:Everyone remember Whack-the-Artila? I'll probably go to hell for posting it this many times, but there you have it. The current high scorer is Jeran Korak, with 177.
-
Disclaimer:[print=fine]Of course, there are the issues of using Spiderweb Software's original concept of Geneforge, and of using the official graphics without explicit permission from Spiderweb Software. Let it be made very clear, here, that I have no intent to profit from this project - if anything, I hope it brings the upcoming Geneforge finale more publicity! Still should Spiderweb tell me that I'm a grubby sprite thief, I'll accept that and cease the project altogether.[/print]
-
Oh, and...Please note that viewing SWF's in-browser, especially from imageshack where I post them, noticeably slows frame rate. Don't worry - they're just for previewing. Complete releases will be downloadable (and probably oversized) EXE's.

[ Monday, February 25, 2008 15:36: Message edited by: Nick Ringer ]

--------------------
"Write a wise saying and your name will live forever." - Anonymous
Apprentice
Member # 13427
Profile #1
HAHAHAHAHA! YES!! 177!!!! PWNED!

--------------------
Alternate account to 7557. Can't log in with it at the moment for some reason.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #2
Things like this should always be encouraged in my humble, imperial opinion. Good luck with your project.

--------------------
You lose.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #3
Oh my, it sounds wonderful.

Wow, a person imitating Jeran Korak, amusing.

--------------------
Vivan los Drayks! Viva Khyryk! Vivan los Serviles! Vivan los Travokites!
Tastes like Bambi, delicious
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons! this is what you send to blizzard if they cancel Starcraft 2.
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #4
Have fun with your project. hope you succeed

--------------------
UR-DRAKONS RULE. Ur-Drakons are the god of geneforge 4. They cant be beat. Ur-Drakons shall rule forever. Those who disagree should be destroyed. (I am Seriously Serious about the Seriousness of me being Serious.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #5
Updated. v.0.1 released: play it here.

Nothing to it really - you can walk around and you can shoot fireballs in eight directions. Novel ideas would be appreciated. Story, goal, enemies, spells; I can implement most anything given enough time. I don't even have a working title for now, so fill the suggestion box!

[ Monday, February 25, 2008 07:31: Message edited by: Nick Ringer ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #6
Awww... you can't hit yourself with a fireball. :P

Health and enemies. And maybe a spell that you can hit yourself with.

--------------------
Ornk Meat and Guacamole --------- $6.00
Gazer Tentacle Stew -------------- $10.00
=:T:=
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Xel'Raga:

Oh my, it sounds wonderful.

Wow, a person imitating Jeran Korak, amusing.

No that actually is me, SpidWeb refused to believe 7557 actually existed, and I'd been storing that account for just such an occasion. What I meant was, I beat iffies score with 177.

--------------------
Death, chaos, destruction, my work here is just begining...
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #8
I notice that you can walk into the blackness and off the screen.

The tiles make Dikiyoba think "school", so maybe journeymen Shapers hazing the new apprentice?

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Nick Ringer:

Updated. v.0.1 released: play it here.

Nothing to it really - you can walk around and you can shoot fireballs in eight directions. Novel ideas would be appreciated. Story, goal, enemies, spells; I can implement most anything given enough time. I don't even have a working title for now, so fill the suggestion box!

Collect twenty canisters to make it to the next level? Something like Subterra, with environmental problems that need to be solved to get the canisters.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #10
Collect canisters throughout the game to increase your own power and gain new spells? Prehaps even summon a few lesser automated creations to fight on your side?

--------------------
Death, chaos, destruction, my work here is just begining...
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #11
I smell MMO-ness..or maybe just a bit of ozone..those fireballs have done something to me..@_@

[ Friday, February 29, 2008 04:13: Message edited by: Azuma ]

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #12
How about a lockdown? It was mentioned in an abandoned Shaping Hall in GF1 that, should a creation problem get out of control, the Shaping Halls and schools are built so that they can be locked down until someone experienced can come and clean up the mess.

So how about this: A large shaping hall is locked down when rogues and the like suddenly start flooding the place. The people get out, and you are a shaper assigned to clean up the problem. Along the way, you discover that someone was secretly experimenting with smart, humanoid spawners like the ones encountered in GF3. One of the spawners was a success, and is now creating bigger and nastier creations to defend itself. As such, the only way to stop the rogues is to kill the spawner. So you have to proceed through the levels of this shaping hall, each one getting progressively tougher, to kill the rogue spawner.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

So you have to proceed through the levels of this shaping hall, each one getting progressively tougher, to kill the rogue spawner.
Such a game could, of course, easily be designed as a roguelike. :V

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #14
Actually, I'm surprised it's taken... what, seven years? for the first such pun.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #15
I successfully implemented walls and updated a lot of the isometric math, but now I ran into a problem that totally destroys the last 6 hours I spent on this bloody thing. I'm still working on it, but don't expect a new version anytime soon (as if everyone were on the edge of their seats).

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #16
I suggest that, when completed, you should give this game to JV. Depending on the quality, it could either be a fun little arcade game for an intro to Geneforge tactics, or SubTerra for Spidweb. Good luck anyways.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #17
Well, heres a game that is really funny and really sick, just a little freshener of the topic. (And there are tons of Puns in this)

[ Thursday, March 06, 2008 14:58: Message edited by: Xel'Raga ]

--------------------
Vivan los Drayks! Viva Khyryk! Vivan los Serviles! Vivan los Travokites!
Tastes like Bambi, delicious
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons! this is what you send to blizzard if they cancel Starcraft 2.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by Xel'Raga:

Well, heres a game that is really funny and really sick, just a little freshener of the topic. (And there are tons of Puns in this)
This a family-friendly forum, you twit.

--------------------